[2022.12.13] Update Warspear Online 11.2. Preview. Part I

LeeLoo

On 12/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, LeeLoo said:

энергет поле.png Energy Field

• Reduced the cooldown of the skill from 40 sec. to 10 sec.
  • Changed skill type from active to permanent active skill: energy regeneration reduction 5 \ 7 \ 9 \ 10 pts.
  • Adjusted the amount of increase regeneration rate energy from 25 \ 40 \ 55 \ 70% to 25 \ 30 \ 40 \ 50%.
  • Adjusted the amount of the increase of the "Skills Cooldown" parameter: from 15 \ 20 \ 25 \ 30%, to 10 \ 12 \ 16 \ 20%.
  • Now the effect of the skill applies to the character and all party members located in the same location with the character.

In addition, we have redesigned one of the most requested class skills, “Energy Field”, into a permanent skill, freeing players from the need to upgrade it.

Permanent active skill I didnt quite really understood what this meant, has it become skill with constant energy consumption or it has become a passive skill?

The amount of periodic healing from the character's magic power has been adjusted: from 180 \ 210 \ 220 \ 240 \ 270 pts. and 110 \ 150 \ 180 \ 210 \ 240%, to 6 \ 11 \ 16 \ 21 \ 26 pts. and 30 \ 35 \ 40 \ 45 \ 55% every 3 sec. within 15 sec. 

55% Is this a typo mistake?

Added separate checks for skill damage and negative effect “Earthquake”: damage can only be negated by the “Block” \ “Dodge” parameters, the effect can only be affected by the “Resistance” parameter.

I got it but still for a clarity, can anyone give a more clear explanation of this?

Power of the Earth 

• Reduced the cooldown of the skill from 40 sec. to 32 sec.

I expected this skill to have some improvement. Like increase in duration at max levels because 20 sec is not enough at max level. CD of the skill being reduced seems fine but could've been better.

Edited by Venkery

3 minutes ago, Venkery said:

Permanent active skill I didnt quite really understood what this meant, has it become skill with constant energy consumption or it has become a passive skill?

you click it once to activate and it is active and reduces energy regen until you turn it off, just like mermen aura's and other aura skills now

4 minutes ago, Venkery said:

I got it but still for a clarity, can anyone give a more clear explanation of this?

you can stun without dealing damage and deal damage without stunning

5 minutes ago, Venkery said:

55% Is this a typo mistake?

previously it was 240% in total across whole duration, now its 55% every 3 seconds

I find it incredible and absurd how you manage to invert the function of a skill, I say this in respect not only of preference for the faction but the dynamics of the game, in the seeker class the shield that has one of the main assets of the class simply changing functions like that? from buff damage to buff defense ?? next year will be like? will the shield heal the character? this is ridiculous, if it's meant to be like this, put the account refund option, then you would see the dissatisfaction of the players

страж.png Warden

Developer commentary: The Warden remained the canonical model of the tank for a long time, actually performing only this function. Since the one-sidedness of the class did not allow him to fully work  in different game directions, the Warden did not receive attention from the players. We tried to refine the key skills of the class and fix a number of important bugs that hindered the development of the class. We hope that now the Warden will be able to feel more comfortable in the vastness of Arinar.

So by nerfing the shit out of it your making it better ??? wtf :parr1ot6:

6 minutes ago, Eshin said:

страж.png Warden

Developer commentary: The Warden remained the canonical model of the tank for a long time, actually performing only this function. Since the one-sidedness of the class did not allow him to fully work  in different game directions, the Warden did not receive attention from the players. We tried to refine the key skills of the class and fix a number of important bugs that hindered the development of the class. We hope that now the Warden will be able to feel more comfortable in the vastness of Arinar.

So by nerfing the shit out of it your making it better ??? wtf :parr1ot6:

Dk: first time? 

24 minutes ago, Dr Strange said:

List of changes that didn’t make it into the announcement:

чернокнижник.png Warlock 

гримуар.png Grimoire

The effect of the skill is no longer replaced by other similar effects.

Finally, now it can be paired with Charmer skill, Weakness that also reduces phy/magic defense. Combine with Necros Deathly Eye, boss die easy. :happy01:

Edited by Skstorm

35 minutes ago, Dr Strange said:

Added additional checks for damage and effects of the skill: now the damage can only be negated by Dodge \ Block \ Parry, and the effects can only be affected by Resistance. 

So is it 100% stun or ? D: ( As other classes have 2 100% stuns )

1 hour ago, Dr Strange said:

избранные.png Chosen 

паладин.png Paladin

отталкив удар.png Repellent Strike

Added an additional check of skill effect and damage. Effect can now only be negated by resistance and the damage can only be negated by Evade \ Block \ Parry. 

жрец.png Priest 

слезы Харада.png Harad’s Tears

Replaced the effect of the “Harad’s Tears +” talent, now it increases the power of the skill from magical power of the character by 2 3.5 5%.

искатель.png Seeker

исчезновение.png Disappearance

Added an additional check for effect of the skill: it can only be affected by Resistance

Adjusted the chance of "Stun" negative effect: from 40 \ 50 \ 60 \ 70 \ 80%, to 100%.
Adjusted duration of negative effect "Stun" from the skill: from 3 to 1.5 \ 1.7 \ 2 \ 2.5 \ 3 sec.

истощающ удар.png Exhaustive Blow    

Added additional checks for damage and effects of the skill: now the damage can only be negated by Dodge \ Block \ Parry, and the effects can only be affected by Resistance. 

храмовник.png Templar

порицание.png Blame

Adjusted the range of the skil: from 4 to 5 yards.

перворожд.png Firstborn

раз клинок.png Blade Dancer

лезвие вихря.png Vortex Blade 

Adjusted the amount of energy for using the skill: from 7 8 9 10 11, to 8 10 12 14 16.

рейнджер.png Ranger

огнен стрелы.png Fire Arrows

Adjusted the amount of bonus from the “Fire Arrows+” talent: from 3 6 9%, to 0.75 1.5 2.25% of the character’s physical power.

Talent "Slowing Trap +" has been replaced by "Bow strike +" that increases the duration of the skill’s effect by 0.5 seconds.

друид.png Druid

сила воды.png Power of Water

Adjusted the amount of damage to additional targets: from 50% to 60 70 80 90% of the character’s magical power.

горные кланы.png Mountain Clans

варвар.png Barbarian

image.png Barbarian Nature

Now the effect of the skill does not clear damage over time effects.

разбойник.png Rogue

стальной шквал.png Flurry of Steel

Added an additional check of skill effect and damage. Effect can now only be negated by resistance and the damage can only be negated by Evade \ Block Parry. 

хитрей прием.png Trickiest Technique

Added an additional check of skill effect and damage. Effect can now only be negated by resistance and the damage can only be negated by Evade \ Block \ Parry. 

image.png Dodging

Reduced the duration of the effect: from 15 seconds to 10 seconds on all levels of development. 

шаман.png Shaman

огненн тотем.png Fire Totem

Added an additional tick of damage. 

ритуал племени.png Tribe's Ritual

Now the skill can only be used on self or group members.

исцеляю тотем.png Healing Totem 

Added an additional tick of healing.

вождь.png Chieftain

image.png Supporting of the pack

проклятые.png Forsaken

All classes of the Forsaken faction have had the cost of almost all of their base skills reduced by 1-2 pt. on all development levels.

чернокнижник.png Warlock

гримуар.png Grimoire

заклинатель.png Charmer

image.png Otherworldly blessing

Please change the Blood Protection buff to where it applies a weaker version of the skill to affect all party members within a 7 yard area. That would make it 10x better than a single cast on someone else. 

Dk gets his and every party member gets a slightly weaker version

1 hour ago, Dr Strange said:

Adjusted the amount of bonus from the “Fire Arrows+” talent: from 3 6 9%, to 0.75 1.5 2.25% of the character’s physical power.

@Nolan @Dr Strange how does this work? fire arrow has 3 ticks, before update every tick is +9% dmg, total of 27%.

after update it will be +2.25% dmg for every tick, which is 6.75% total extra dmg.

am i calculating this right or theres something wrong? 

12 minutes ago, God Emerald said:

@Nolan @Dr Strange how does this work? fire arrow has 3 ticks, before update every tick is +9% dmg, total of 27%.

after update it will be +2.25% dmg for every tick, which is 6.75% total extra dmg.

am i calculating this right or theres something wrong? 

Previously the damage wasn't 9% for each tick, it was for the entire damage.

Now it is 2.25 damage for each tick (4x). Total of 9%. 

6 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Previously the damage wasn't 9% for each tick, it was for the entire damage.

Now it is 2.25 damage for each tick (4x). Total of 9%.

Thanks for explaining :pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

@Nolan @Holmes @Hedfuc @Dr Strange 

recently added the beastmaster class to the game and with it a large amount of beautiful visual effects in the skills.  this class by the way has an aura, but this aura has an extremely simple visual effect.  I would strongly urge you to make a visual update to this skill.  even the chieftain had the same visual effect and was replaced, as it was extremely simple and without any beauty.  not everything good game is about balance, sometimes we just want to be pretty1669184429_Screenshot_20221209_144751_WarspearOnline.jpg.4b16756b3604f0bd232b853a801a5711.jpg

1 minute ago, Rhaast said:

recently added the beastmaster class to the game and with it a large amount of beautiful visual effects in the skills.  this class by the way has an aura, but this aura has an extremely simple visual effect.  I would strongly urge you to make a visual update to this skill.  even the chieftain had the same visual effect and was replaced, as it was extremely simple and without any beauty.  not everything good game is about balance, sometimes we just want to be pretty1669184429_Screenshot_20221209_144751_WarspearOnline.jpg.4b16756b3604f0bd232b853a801a5711.jpg

This I have to agree with. 

Forsaken should have 'grim' visuals

MC should have a 'gritty and brutal' visuals

Firstborn should have 'sleek yet beautiful' visuals 

Chosen should have a 'holy yet brave' visuals.

Every faction should visuals that appeals to their in game culture. It only makes sense as people should be able to see which class or race their enemy is 

I still don't understand why chieftain doesn't deserve a secondary buff on bestial wrath. If the reason is the ability to wear maces is the cause: then make chief able to wear axes or swords, and allow bestial wrath to increase autoattack damage with speed. This will lower physical damage skills but give a fair bonus for dps in return.
Another idea:
The skill gives 20% attack speed on dual wield worth roughly 5 enchantments on armors.
Now it gives 11% penetration on 2 handers, worth 3-4 enchantments on armors. So it already lacks some stat in comparison to dual wield.
Instead the chief could receive pene and autoattack damage on 2handers. This won't cause magic mauls to become overpowered but instead allows for more incentive to use hammers like these

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 19.24.48.png

Edited by Tynaloo
adjustments

4 hours ago, Ostensivo said:
I find it incredible and absurd how you manage to invert the function of a skill, I say this in respect not only of preference for the faction but the dynamics of the game, in the seeker class the shield that has one of the main assets of the class simply changing functions like that? from buff damage to buff defense ?? next year will be like? will the shield heal the character? this is ridiculous, if it's meant to be like this, put the account refund option, then you would see the dissatisfaction of the players.

First of all, Thanks for addressing facts.

Further i agree on the part where Main(x5) Skill Dynamics Must not be changed at all in any case, coz it attracts player to play the game and invest in a perticular char.

And the way seeker path is going on, hope GMs are not making Seekers a Tank class by adding ability to use Heavy Armor :fool:.

2 hours ago, Dr Strange said:

избранные.png Chosen 

паладин.png Paladin

отталкив удар.png Repellent Strike

жрец.png Priest 

слезы Харада.png Harad’s Tears

Replaced the effect of the “Harad’s Tears +” talent, now it increases the power of the skill from magical power of the character by 2 3.5 5%.

искатель.png Seeker

исчезновение.png Disappearance

Added an additional check for effect of the skill: it can only be affected by Resistance

Adjusted the chance of "Stun" negative effect: from 40 \ 50 \ 60 \ 70 \ 80%, to 100%.
Adjusted duration of negative effect "Stun" from the skill: from 3 to 1.5 \ 1.7 \ 2 \ 2.5 \ 3 sec.

истощающ удар.png Exhaustive Blow    

храмовник.png Templar

порицание.png Blame

Adjusted the range of the skil: from 4 to 5 yards.

перворожд.png Firstborn

раз клинок.png Blade Dancer

лезвие вихря.png Vortex Blade 

Adjusted the amount of energy for using the skill: from 7 8 9 10 11, to 8 10 12 14 16.

рейнджер.png Ranger

Talent "Slowing Trap +" has been replaced by "Bow strike +" that increases the duration of the skill’s effect by 0.5 seconds.

друид.png Druid

сила воды.png Power of Water

Adjusted the amount of damage to additional targets: from 50% to 60 70 80 90% of the character’s magical power.

горные кланы.png Mountain Clans

варвар.png Barbarian

image.png Barbarian Nature

разбойник.png Rogue

стальной шквал.png Flurry of Steel

Added an additional check of skill effect and damage. Effect can now only be negated by resistance and the damage can only be negated by Evade \ Block Parry. 

хитрей прием.png Trickiest Technique

image.png Dodging

Reduced the duration of the effect: from 15 seconds to 10 seconds on all levels of development. 

шаман.png Shaman

огненн тотем.png Fire Totem

Added an additional tick of damage. 

ритуал племени.png Tribe's Ritual

исцеляю тотем.png Healing Totem 

Added an additional tick of healing.

вождь.png Chieftain

проклятые.png Forsaken

All classes of the Forsaken faction have had the cost of almost all of their base skills reduced by 1-2 pt. on all development levels.

чернокнижник.png Warlock

гримуар.png Grimoire

заклинатель.png Charmer

image.png Otherworldly blessing

Am is there any plans for more changes for the necro? specifcly infection and dead soldier cuz current changes are abit lacking and people are not verry happy

8 minutes ago, coldravens said:

Am is there any plans for more changes for the necro? specifcly infection and dead soldier cuz current changes are abit lacking and people are not verry happy

I don't play Necro but I hardly see any. They need a bit more than a few small changes. 

3 hours ago, Rhaast said:

Think out of the box  

The visual effect of this skill isn't the circle around the character, it's the tiger it summons

33 minutes ago, Khrone said:

Think out of the box  

The visual effect of this skill isn't the circle around the character, it's the tiger it summons

if the circle is around the character permanently it is part of the skill.

and I'm asking for a visual improvement on something I'm forced to see all the time.

1 hour ago, Just a player said:

Yeah keep nerf rogue you're doing great, add more cd to skills and broke our only cd skill(extermination) pls leave exter as it is 

¿¿¿??? 

47 minutes ago, Mary seto said:

¿¿¿??? 

Rogue is nerfed even more with this update and I'll explain why. @Nolan 

You gave the stuns 100% chance now but the thing is, they can still be resisted by literally most classes. 

Extermination now is nerfed no matter what combination of weps you will use. You will have lower speed or cd or both. Depending on your weapons. I literally calculated it and with 1 axe and a 1 sword, + extermination buff I'll have 35% speed with greatness set. IN ROGUE.How is a class known for speed becomes a literal turtle lol. How do you expect us to deal with other classes with such low speed? We can use daggers but the dmg is very low. 

You decrease dodge duration when dodge skill was already weak? Lmao. 

Rogue dies fast so turning invisible in combat will not help much. and if it gets stunned we can't even do that.

You have legit killed pvp rogue, in pve its okay but it was already unplayable. Now on paper it seems way weaker. You broke extermination which it was rogue best expert skill. I highly consider to review these changes because i assure you, alot of people just won't be playing much anymore. Take player complaints and criticism seriously. not here to attack the developers like some people are doing here, although i get their frustration but i rather give good criticism and hopefully it will get noticed. 

I honestly won't be surprised if everyone quit rogue class at this point after the update. 

My personal fix for rogue is keep these changes but leave the extermination the same. Or atleast give rogue a chance to resist/ resist skill.  because rogue lacks in that department greatly. I mean literally just play a pvp rogue you'll notice you'll get controlled easily. 
-Also rogues can't use light mermen for pvp because its useless, we lose resilience and accu buff from it is useless since you dont need much accu for pvp. In the other hand, BD CAN USE BOTH HEAVY AND LIGHT. AND HEAVY MERMEN ALONE IS ENOUGH TO FLAW ROGUES. Heavy mermen is so helpful in pvp but rogues can't use it. And light mermen isn't built for pvp. In just what reality is this fair?

Edited by ashour
More reasons why rogue got killed

On 12/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, LeeLoo said:

Now the target of the skill will additionally recover 90 \ 100 \ 110 \ 125% of health from the damage dealt if it is under the effect of the "Dark Power" skill (previously - under the effect of the "Acid Rain" skill).

@Nolan Is this damage dealt to the character or dealt by the character who has poison shield on?

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

@Nolan Is this damage dealt to the character or dealt by the character who has poison shield on?

Its hp recovered based on dmg dealt by the shield itself

Atleast thats hiw i understood it

Edited by Jcbreff

On 12/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, LeeLoo said:

Panic

• Corrected the range of the skill from 1 \ 2 \ 2 \ 2 yards to 2 yards.
  • DOT-damage can no longer interrupt the effect

IMG_20221215_093743.jpg.a092254a80ae72797dd037d594dbfc0e.jpg

@Holmes This talent has become completely irrelevant now. Kindly have a look at this and rework it to be in sync with the updated fear mechanics.

Please continue to favor elf. The mc players decided to give up the game together.

16 hours ago, Dr Strange said:

The mage is a remote profession, with instant movement and invincibility. The poor chieftain only gets nerf. but after opening the skill“support of the pack”,he is still stiff from being attacked.another simple and crude nerf.

so sad.

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

IMG_20221215_093743.jpg.a092254a80ae72797dd037d594dbfc0e.jpg

@Holmes This talent has become completely irrelevant now. Kindly have a look at this and rework it to be in sync with the updated fear mechanics.

The talent will not only work with "damage over time". It still works as intended with any other damage taken. 

8 hours ago, ashour said:

Rogue is nerfed even more with this update and I'll explain why. @Nolan 

You gave the stuns 100% chance now but the thing is, they can still be resisted by literally most classes. 

Extermination now is nerfed no matter what combination of weps you will use. You will have lower speed or cd or both. Depending on your weapons. I literally calculated it and with 1 axe and a 1 sword, + extermination buff I'll have 35% speed with greatness set. IN ROGUE.How is a class known for speed becomes a literal turtle lol. How do you expect us to deal with other classes with such low speed? We can use daggers but the dmg is very low. 

You decrease dodge duration when dodge skill was already weak? Lmao. 

Rogue dies fast so turning invisible in combat will not help much. and if it gets stunned we can't even do that.

You have legit killed pvp rogue, in pve its okay but it was already unplayable. Now on paper it seems way weaker. You broke extermination which it was rogue best expert skill. I highly consider to review these changes because i assure you, alot of people just won't be playing much anymore. Take player complaints and criticism seriously. not here to attack the developers like some people are doing here, although i get their frustration but i rather give good criticism and hopefully it will get noticed. 

I honestly won't be surprised if everyone quit rogue class at this point after the update. 

My personal fix for rogue is keep these changes but leave the extermination the same. Or atleast give rogue a chance to resist/ resist skill.  because rogue lacks in that department greatly. I mean literally just play a pvp rogue you'll notice you'll get controlled easily. 
-Also rogues can't use light mermen for pvp because its useless, we lose resilience and accu buff from it is useless since you dont need much accu for pvp. In the other hand, BD CAN USE BOTH HEAVY AND LIGHT. AND HEAVY MERMEN ALONE IS ENOUGH TO FLAW ROGUES. Heavy mermen is so helpful in pvp but rogues can't use it. And light mermen isn't built for pvp. In just what reality is this fair?

Imagine even now rogue lose when pvp with bd.idk why gm buff bd again and nerf extermination skill..elf side have shield that resist our dmg and bd easyly kill rogue even bd vs 3rogue full equip +9 we lose against bd..

•  

потустор огонь.png Otherworldly Fire

• Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the level of the character: it was 1 \ 1,5 \ 2 \ 2,5 pts. per level.
  • Now the damage from the skill does not depend on the base damage: it was 15 \ 20 \ 35 \ 60 pts.
  • The amount of damage from the skill has been adjusted: it was 45 \ 50 \ 55 \ 65% of the character's magical strength, now it is 50 \ 55 \ 65 \ 80% of the character's magical strength.
  • Added limit for the maximum number of PvE-targets for skill damage: 8 \ 10 \ 12 \ 14.
  • Adjusted the maximum number of PvP-targets: from 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7, to 3 \ 4 \ 5 \ 6. 
  • The final magical damage of the skill has practically unchanged

Please  change its attack intervals as 3 seconds gap interval is too long and  please increase its stun rate too ,other characters got 100% stun rate.  Please  make this skill in comparison  with templars skill "Reverse flow" so that we too can have  good control skill for group battles.  I feel that this skill can be made more alike with templars skill "reverse flow" giving both sides equal power.

24 minutes ago, Nolan said:

The talent will not only work with "damage over time". It still works as intended with any other damage taken. 

Yes, understood. Thank you. But for a 63k knowledge talent, it really lost its effectiveness especially in mass battles where most attacks are DOTs

I was making a recommendation to rework it to match the fear update. Maybe something like "Increase range of panic by 3 yards".

On 12/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, fghty said:

DK strong and nerf ?

BD weak and buff ?

Op elf = GM   good very very good. You can continue updates to the fair play policy.

Maybe gm not seeing one bd enough to kill dk and rogue @Nolan

Screenshot_20221215-214334.png

19 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

This I have to agree with. 

Forsaken should have 'grim' visuals

MC should have a 'gritty and brutal' visuals

Firstborn should have 'sleek yet beautiful' visuals 

Chosen should have a 'holy yet brave' visuals.

Every faction should visuals that appeals to their in game culture. It only makes sense as people should be able to see which class or race their enemy is 

Many years ago each different faction had their own unique colour of magic bolts for casters. Forsaken had red bolts, Chosen yellow, and i think the mountain clan and firstborns both had blue. O.o

Idk why they ever removed this, it was pretty cool imo, so i have to agree with with you guys aswell, they should definitely consider adding things like these again. I think each faction having their own unique theme akin to on their islands in map1 and different features is really nice.

Edited by Unkindled

On 12/12/2022 at 4:59 AM, LeeLoo said:

Now, instead of increasing physical strength, the effect gives a bonus to the character's physical and magical defense in the amount of 4 \ 5 \ 6 \ 7 \ 8% for every 20% of the missing shield strength from the maximum.

Why not change from damage to resist? that would make way more sense to play the class role..

1 hour ago, Unkindled said:

Many years ago each different faction had their own unique colour of magic bolts for casters. Forsaken had red bolts, Chosen yellow, and i think the mountain clan and firstborns both had blue. O.o

Idk why they ever removed this, it was pretty cool imo, so i have to agree with with you guys aswell, they should definitely consider adding things like these again. I think each faction having their own unique theme akin to on their islands in map1 and different features is really nice.

Even if there were no rebalance, I would be really happy to see a revamp on all skill animations, And a variety in them. 

What they did to the paladin's aura, it was really cool, we need more of that. 

2 hours ago, Awie said:

Maybe gm not seeing one bd enough to kill dk and rogue @Nolan

Screenshot_20221215-214334.png

But I have seen a dk kill 3 players including a bd.

Just because this player is very strong, it doesn't mean that the class is broken :unknw: