Examples of how abusable chieftain is

vavavi

This is just a few examples of how insanely abusable this class is. You have no counterplay to it, you cant stun it, silence it, sap it, run away from it or do damage to it.

Rugged hide should be turned into a def increasing skill such as druids, or be toned down in either duration or the amount of damage reduction, and resist has to change too. A virutally permanent immunity to any cc makes this class unstoppable. Possible changes could be either making the resist have stacks like bds, or make it only work against control effects, so things such as silences could atleast go through, allowing for some counterplay.

image.png.646f1c1ec6b646660138d359a9a6da98.png

"Right... But I noticed that you play elf, I don't see MC complaining... Have you considered that elves like to cry for no reason and because they don't want to lose wars? I saw vid pala tank 3 random ppl so I think tanks can be this level of unkillable while also doing 800k+ damage. So what if cloth armor chieftain also tank a whole town of elves while killing half of them??? Sux for u lol. Also I think mage and BM are worse, even though there are full crowds of elves including both BMs and mages in all of these videos. You ask nerf cuz u mad u lose pvp???? Maybe you should stop crying and play better noob"

image.png.3ab8ca7b248da2835c30ee5e3ca7c0cb.png

Edited by Gladiator

43 минуты назад, Gladiator сказал:

"Right... But I noticed that you play elf, I don't see MC complaining... Have you considered that elves like to cry for no reason and because they don't want to lose wars? I saw vid pala tank 3 random ppl so I think tanks can be this level of unkillable while also doing 800k+ damage. So what if cloth armor chieftain also tank a whole town of elves while killing half of them??? Sux for u lol. Also I think mage and BM are worse, even though there are full crowds of elves including both BMs and mages in all of these videos. You ask nerf cuz u mad u lose pvp???? Maybe you should stop crying and play better noob"

Nah mcs complaining too, except chieftains themselfs, ofc :fuck_that:

Edited by Pokerface

5 hours ago, Gladiator said:

"I saw vid pala tank 3 random ppl so I think tanks can be this level of unkillable while also doing 800k+ damage."

Tanks should be able to give damage dealers a hard time, but to do damage like one? is complete nonsense and I don't support that.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:06 PM, Malik Campbell said:

Interesting, if only tanks are this unkillable but who knows? maybe they are but hey, I'm not +10 to 4th dimension buffed to 7th. 

6 hours ago, Malik Campbell said:

Tanks should be able to give damage dealers a hard time, but to do damage like one? is complete nonsense and I don't support that.

No but you tried to casually make the point that maybe tanks are also as unkillable as the Chieftains in the videos, so it's fine for Chieftain to tank a whole party while doing 800k+ damage.

But hey, it's just cuz of +10 and buffs right? Everyone with +10 and buffs should be able to do that!

Edited by Gladiator

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

No but you tried to casually make the point that maybe tanks are also as unkillable as the Chieftains in the videos, so it's fine for Chieftain to tank a whole party while doing 800k+ damage.

But hey, it's just cuz of +10 and buffs right? Everyone with +10 and buffs should be able to do that!

Dude no, I do not want such a thing for chieftains or any other damage dealer class, that's not fair for a damage dealer to be tanky like a tank, but I believe that damage dealers who can equip heavy gears should be able to go toe to toe with tanks (aka Reapers and Bladedancers) but shouldn't have health on par with them, which would help bridge the gap between the both, but I could be talking nonsense right here. Feel free to call me out on that if you want.

The first quote is about me (being a death knight) who is amped to +2 :blush: or isn't in a high-level guild at the moment with guild buffs and a ton of event buffs like you rich folks in Map 5 giving the benefit of the doubt that tanks who are well equipped with the very best gear sets are as killable like that chieftain that had a guild laying a beat down on him.

Edited by Malik Campbell
Missing some words

Chef is strong, yes, but with buff and books, like any class it is strengthened with buff, books and buff Castelo. Magicians are just as strong as chefs, I don't even name tamers, it's another unbalanced class. If it weren't for the MC chieftains, I'd be sunk.

Edited by Avantasia

without a doubt the chieftan is the strongest class in the game, very tanky, explosive damage, healing, there is no way to run or stun because the ennoblement is almost all the time, this needs to be balanced.

"oh no! Booked chieftains are so stronger, please nerf ALL chief in order to weaken them!! , who cares about non booked ones which is the 90% of chieftains, fk them all too!!!" 

7 hours ago, Lilweasel said:

"oh no! Booked chieftains are so stronger, please nerf ALL chief in order to weaken them!! , who cares about non booked ones which is the 90% of chieftains, fk them all too!!!" 

I hope the changes don't affect the F2P population in a negative way, but I somewhat doubt it a little bit, it's some of the skills that need fixing, not the class as a whole.

Books are the problem, not only to chiefs but all  classes, they think that by having tons of non classes books they have to win always, and if a player with average  pvp gears kills them, they start to Catalog it as "broken" Asking to nerf them just  because  they think that they have always the "advantage". 

Now,... if we ask to nerf books they start bringing up the classic.. 

"i paid millions" 

"youre butthurted" 

"is not my problem that you're poor" 

Basically, it has gradually become a requirement to enforce the class you've chosen... 

Meanwhile, we mortals are only dedicated to Receive  nerfs and to Shut Up :thumbs_up1:

Edited by Lilweasel
Changing some bad words

38 minutes ago, Lilweasel said:

Books are the problem, not only to chiefs but all  classes, they think that by having tons of non classes books they have to win always, and if a player with average  pvp gears kills them, they start to Catalog it as "broken" Asking to nerf them just  because  they think that they have always the "advantage". 

Now,... if we ask to nerf books they start bringing up the classic.. 

"i paid millions" 

"youre butthurted" 

"is not my problem that you're poor" 

Basically, it has gradually become a requirement to enforce the class you've chosen... 

Meanwhile, we mortals are only dedicated to Receive  nerfs and to Shut Up :thumbs_up1:

If the books were the issue, other classes with the same books could do the same, but they can't.

Every class has its own style and playrole.if you change the mechanic of one class affect all roleplay on game.in all years on game ,we have seen the same something ,mc crying about balance, elf crying about balance.

Some class on elf side can defeat  chieftains but not all.All depend different factors like players,amply,class ,set up etc.

It's not pvpspear is warspear .if I believe just 3 class need adjustment:

Necromancer,priest,rouge

priest and necromancer are the most difficult class on game cuz survivality.

Rouge because dohge parameters and maybe is a possibility.

1 hour ago, vavavi said:

Obviously not. Which is why chief is a problem.

They can, any class can.. obviously not against all classes dont expect being a rambo, the classes set of skills is the least of the problems. 

Is not as if these books were made Only for chieftain. 

So, still the problem is books, specially those three broken ones. 

- magic extension

- magic resistance

- distortion of life

Its like giving a baby a machinegun.. 

Tbh all other books are Acceptable, no big impact on arenas/gvg/wars

I will not talk about the book, 

- controlled humility

Since is a new book, i dont really know how dangerous is, but based on the effect of the buff it gives seems broken ngl. 

From my point of view and my experience in 9 years... the game went to heck,  when all those classless books were added. 

The real pvp begins when u meet another player without those bullshit books or castle pots. Now all i see on arenas is people with steroids even in their butts. 

Edited by Lilweasel

30 minutes ago, Lilweasel said:

They can, any class can.. obviously not against all classes dont expect being a rambo, the classes set of skills is the least of the problems. 

Is not as if these books were made Only for chieftain. 

So, still the problem is books, specially those three broken ones. 

- magic extension

- magic resistance

- distortion of life

Its like giving a baby a machinegun.. 

Tbh all other books are Acceptable, no big impact on arenas/gvg/wars

I will not talk about the book, 

- controlled humility

Since is a new book, i dont really know how dangerous is, but based on the effect of the buff it gives seems broken ngl. 

From my point of view and my experience in 9 years... the game went to heck,  when all those classless books were added. 

The real pvp begins when u meet another player without those bullshit books or castle pots. Now all i see on arenas is people with steroids even in their butts. 

Theres multiple people with all of these books and none of them come even close to the abuse that those examples show. The books aren't the problem.

Essay time!

About the "Other classes can do that if they also have Orcinus" argument. No they can't. There is no other class that, with Orcinus, gets to be pretty much infinitely invincible to debuffs + have a permanent 40%-60%+ damage reduction + increased movement speed that is also pretty much always active. All that whilst having of the highest single target damage in the game + and unnecessarily strong AoE bleed (There is no reason for a full physical Chieftain to deal this much AoE). This ends up with a class that you can't outrun, you can't control, and if you try to tank it with shield/heal they can remove it all and nuke you still. And it is incredibly hard to kill due to the damage reduction + life steal and AoE damage. I mean if you look at the HPs of those Chieftains in the videos, it's like they're being healed by 5 Shamans, all because of bleed + LS. The videos are self-explanatory. You can not, with a right mind, look at these videos and think "yeah that's fine to exist in the game".

Other classes with these books might become extremely strong, like a DK with Orci/Octo or Druids, Shamans, BDs, and so on, and of course, not all classes benefit to the same extent from these books. But they all have their limits, they just can't tank 1-2+ full greatness parties for this long and kill half of them before they die. you're delusional if you think so.

By the way, I don't know if it exists, but Beastmaster with Orcinus would also be pretty broken, I can only imagine tree and aura+rampage with Orci, but guess what, no one is saying BM is not still OP without it. But even then, at least you have a better chance controlling BM. That's the level of broken-ness we're talking about, imagine an uncontrollable BM with an almost perma tree.

And I'm not exaggerating, BM with Orci could very realistically have trees with like maybe 5 seconds gaps! You wouldn't even need that crazy of a cooldown. That should not exist, and if it does, then the problem is not just Orci book.

The point is, Orcinus alone can't take a class from balanced to uncounterable, if it does, then it's not "just the book" and the class wasn't balanced in the first place.

So, I can assure you, it will be fixed eventually, it is a matter of when, and more importantly, how. So instead of ignoring that fact and getting defensive about it, you better start suggesting ways to fix it without nerfing Chieftain into the ground, because devs do have the tendency to nerf things into oblivion after having their moment of glory.

For me, nerf that bleeding talent, I knew it was broken from the test server when it was released. And after that, it's really one or both of 2 options, either make Octo/Orci give 15% like the Subjugation one. Or reduce the durations of Support of the Pack and Rugged Hide (or increaase cooldowns), but you can't have it both.

The way I see it, both can be true. Both Chieftain and the books need to be nerfed.

Edited by Gladiator

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Essay time!

About the "Other classes can do that if they also have Orcinus" argument. No they can't. There is no other class that, with Orcinus, gets to be pretty much infinitely invincible to debuffs + have a permanent 40%-60%+ damage reduction + increased movement speed that is also pretty much always active. All that whilst having of the highest single target damage in the game + and unnecessarily strong AoE bleed (There is no reason for a full physical Chieftain to deal this much AoE). This ends up with a class that you can't outrun, you can't control, and if you try to tank it with shield/heal they can remove it all and nuke you still. And it is incredibly hard to kill due to the damage reduction + life steal and AoE damage. I mean if you look at the HPs of those Chieftains in the videos, it's like they're being healed by 5 Shamans, all because of bleed + LS. The videos are self-explanatory. You can not, with a right mind, look at these videos and think "yeah that's fine to exist in the game".

Other classes with these books might become extremely strong, like a DK with Orci/Octo or Druids, Shamans, BDs, and so on, and of course, not all classes benefit to the same extent from these books. But they all have their limits, they just can't tank 1-2+ full greatness parties for this long and kill half of them before they die. you're delusional if you think so.

By the way, I don't know if it exists, but Beastmaster with Orcinus would also be pretty broken, I can only imagine tree and aura+rampage with Orci, but guess what, no one is saying BM is not still OP without it. But even then, at least you have a better chance controlling BM. That's the level of broken-ness we're talking about, imagine an uncontrollable BM with an almost perma tree.

And I'm not exaggerating, BM with Orci could very realistically have trees with like maybe 5 seconds gaps! You wouldn't even need that crazy of a cooldown. That should not exist, and if it does, then the problem is not just Orci book.

The point is, Orcinus alone can't take a class from balanced to uncounterable, if it does, then it's not "just the book" and the class wasn't balanced in the first place.

So, I can assure you, it will be fixed eventually, it is a matter of when, and more importantly, how. So instead of ignoring that fact and getting defensive about it, you better start suggesting ways to fix it without nerfing Chieftain into the ground, because devs do have the tendency to nerf things into oblivion after having their moment of glory.

For me, nerf that bleeding talent, I knew it was broken from the test server when it was released. And after that, it's really one or both of 2 options, either make Octo/Orci give 15% like the Subjugation one. Or reduce the durations of Support of the Pack and Rugged Hide (or increaase cooldowns), but you can't have it both.

The way I see it, both can be true. Both Chieftain and the books need to be nerfed.

Well i was exaggerating saying that all class can.. Bad point to me.. 

Here is what i see on my pov

- Druid/shamans/priest/necro = backline support

- Dk/barbarian/wardens/palas =  frontline defenders

- Wlock/templars =  backline defenders

- Rogues/seekers/rangers/hunters= backline artillery 

- Bladedancers/reapers/chief/mages = frontline artillery

- charmers/beastmasters = seems to covers two positions depending on the situation (in short "no defined" ) 

Those "frontline" They are the most likely to accomplish such a feat,  Obviously not in the same way and ease, but they can. 

Meanwhile there are classes, which despite not having the qualities to take big damage, manage to do it (not with a crowd) but with 2 - 3 players at the same time, as is the case of shaman/beastmaster/seekers. (cases I've seen for myself).. Like frontline players, not in the same way and ease. 

The fact is that books are and always will be the problem

Edited by Lilweasel

On 11/16/2023 at 12:59 PM, Lilweasel said:

Nerf octo/orci books not class mc side already cant fight coz sentinels mostly high population,active,got class advantages if chief will got nerf all mc players will quit probably.#StopElfSpear

We all wants fair balance in game for enjoy game not stress.

Hello players!
I'm sorry for the translation errors.

As I see here and in all the topics when talking about chiefs, one thing in common caught my attention, all the chiefs' videos are the chiefs' grandeur +10 crits, and with a collection of huge books, including the 2 from the sea (orcinus + octopus) these 2 books mentioned combine very well with the "pack support" magic and this makes the chief quite strong, in fact!

However, the reality of 95% of chief players is different. We don't have a book collection.
We die as fast as mages in pvp.
We don't have high damage per second compared to other classes.

So a few chiefs full of books cannot serve as a parameter. To make a fair balance and not "kill" the class and the legion!

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Dseta said:

The books are the problem

Orci book is definitely overpowered, but so is Chieftain.

Show me any other class with Orci or any other combination of books for that matter doing what Chieftain is doing right now in these videos and other videos posted in the Russian sections. That means for example dealing 100ks worth of damage in a couple of minutes in arena, while tanking 5+ top arena geared sentinels for several minutes. If you can't, then it's not just because of the books. 

The most you can probably find is maybe a Deathknight or a Warden that that tanks a bunch of people for some time but without being able to do any serious harm.

Edited by Gladiator

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Show me any other class with Orci or any other combination of books for that matter doing what Chieftain is doing right now in these videos and other videos posted in the Russian sections.

Beastmaster, Warden. DKs die even with Orci, unlike Wardens. 

7 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

True, but let's not forget It's the only class out of the entire MC side which consistently competes with the elf side. Nerfing it means having the necessity of buffing all of the other classes to the point y'all might desire to nerf the entire side. 

That's at least in the current scenario. 

Well, if orci book is the issue.they will be nerft it  coming soon.even though they need to analyze first what would happen if they do it.

These are possible suggestions:

1-They could disable skill books on pvp battle and maybe on gvg.

2-Reduce affect and % on pvp battle and maybe on gvg.

But as I said this is not pvpspear 1vs1 is warspear .if u can t fight against one people on vs make a team to defeat it.use  brain and strategies.

Sorry but goddamn what a bunch of dumb arguments... 

1)

To argue against nerfing Chieftain just because it's "the only class in mc that actually can gives a hard fight to elves" or "the only class out of the entire MC side which consistently competes with the elf side" is just mind-blowing to me. Dude, 1 chieftain giving 20 elves a hard time is not a good thing and does not make for a balanced game. I like how the best you can come up with is "yeah we know Chieftain is OP" followed by some baseless justifications.

Also that's not even true, Reapers, Hunters and Charmers are pretty dam strong too, and Warlocks are still the best crowd control in the game for large scale wars regardless of their status in Arena which is still above average.

And no one said nerf Chieftain and only nerf Chieftain, it's just that Chieftain is a glaring problem that needs to be dealt with because it's game-breaking , idc what happens to other classes as long as the an overall balance is being attempted. Never in the history of the game only 1 class got changed in a balance update. I don't understand the need for you to defend Chieftain every time when you KNOW it's OP, go ask to buff your "pathetic" classes instead of wanting and being ok with Chieftain doing all your sides work, damn. In fact, you should be the first one to call it out, otherwise what's the point of your classes? Everyone should make a Chieftain.

2)

11 hours ago, Erta06 said:

But as I said this is not pvpspear 1vs1 is warspear .if u can t fight against one people on vs make a team to defeat it.use  brain and strategies.

Since you're talking about using brains, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you didn't see the videos and you're talking out of your behind (best case scenario for you), but none of these videos are 1v1 PvPs.

3)

12 hours ago, Higgings said:

Beastmaster, Warden. DKs die even with Orci, unlike Wardens. 

13 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Show me how me any other class with Orci or any other combination of books for that matter doing what Chieftain is doing right now in these videos and other videos posted in the Russian sections.

I somehow doubt that Beastmaster's Moon (main damage) is gonna be able to survive the damage and control of even just 1 reaper, let alone a crowd... That's why I said show me, cus you ain't gonna find that at the same scale of Chieftains.

Edited by Gladiator

7 hours ago, Gladiator said:

1)

To argue against nerfing Chieftain just because it's "the only class in mc that actually can gives a hard fight to elves" or "the only class out of the entire MC side which consistently competes with the elf side" is just mind-blowing to me. Dude, 1 chieftain giving 20 elves a hard time is not a good thing and does not make for a balanced game.

Do Only sentinels classes are allowed to do it? 

U goin to pretend that it never happened on elf side?

too much hate on chief and his single defensive skill.

I dont care if rugged hide is going to be nerfed, but if there is good reasons to do it, and not  always the same shit about stupid books

I like how the best you can come up with is "yeah we know Chieftain is OP" followed by some baseless justifications.

Also that's not even true, Reapers, Hunters and Charmers are pretty dam strong too, and Warlocks are still the best crowd control in the game for large scale wars regardless of their status in Arena which is still above average.

Reapers, hunters,warlocks ofc are strong, but doing damage, nothing more..

Warlocks perma stun build is outdated.

Reapers tankiness doesnt exist, seems that y'all only  conclude whether a class is strong or not based on what the skills description says only, and apparently dont read everything, seems that the only y'all see on delayed death is the 80% of "damage reduction",  when at the end u still receiving all the damage anyways but as "damage over time".

Finally hunters because  obviously is their work..

And no one said nerf Chieftain and only nerf Chieftain, it's just that Chieftain is a glaring problem that needs to be dealt with because it's game-breaking

Correction, classless books are the game breaking stuff

, idc what happens to other classes as long as the an overall balance is being attempted. Never in the history of the game only 1 class got changed in a balance update. I don't understand the need for you to defend Chieftain every time when you KNOW it's OP,

Same shit when seekers always spotlight their 30% of health, and not their insane damage and tankiness.

Ofc they receives half healing, but also receives half damage, so there is not a real problem in that part.

go ask to buff your "pathetic" classes instead of wanting and being ok with Chieftain doing all your sides work, damn. In fact, you should be the first one to call it out, otherwise what's the point of your classes?

Devs ever listened to the opinions of the international forum?

No, never..

Since you're old in this forum You, more than anyone else, should know that reworkings of our "patetic" classes have been requested already, and a million of times.

As usually they always bring us weird shit that nobody asked for, but anw, we are used to it

Anw have u ever Fought against non booked players?, or all and each player in your server are walking Libraries?

Damn, I pity you

Edited by Lilweasel
Just a little adjustment

12 hours ago, Gladiator said:

And no one said nerf Chieftain and only nerf Chieftain, it's just that Chieftain is a glaring problem that needs to be dealt with because it's game-breaking

You can't find anything else on forum these past days (with proper points ofc) which isn't about nerfing chiefs, when it comes to nerfs proposed to the MC side. So yes, you all are about nerfing chief and only nerfing chief, because none of our pathetic classes represents a proper threat to the elf side. Unlike elf side, our pathetic classes have to work together to achieve something; your side struggles to find a proper purpose to healers even, since almost every class can do anything. Elf side reached a point where there's little to no difference between a damager, a tank or a healer, because every class but very few exceptions can do pretty much anything without the aid of another class; long story short, what you all have been going through this year, MC side has witnessed it since the beginning of its existence. Devs didn't help much in this sense. I pray for your words to be heard by them and not to have ppl who advise you to use pots or buffs against a class and pretend to call it a solution. 

12 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I somehow doubt that Beastmaster's Moon (main damage) is gonna be able to survive the damage and control of even just 1 reaper, let alone a crowd...

You all should start consider to give BMs some books then, because if we are really here speaking of how dangerous a reaper can be to a BM, then there's a lot of gaps which require to be filled. The only reasons why I'm not able to find anything is because the class is new, and you need someone rich or lucky enough to get an Orci book for a BM. 

13 hours ago, Gladiator said:

1)

To argue against nerfing Chieftain just because it's "the only class in mc that actually can gives a hard fight to elves" or "the only class out of the entire MC side which consistently competes with the elf side" is just mind-blowing to me. Dude, 1 chieftain giving 20 elves a hard time is not a good thing and does not make for a balanced game. I like how the best you can come up with is "yeah we know Chieftain is OP" followed by some baseless justifications.

And no one said nerf Chieftain and only nerf Chieftain, it's just that Chieftain is a glaring problem that needs to be dealt with because it's game-breaking , idc what happens to other classes as long as the an overall balance is being attempted. Never in the history of the game only 1 class got changed in a balance update. I don't understand the need for you to defend Chieftain every time when you KNOW it's OP, go ask to buff your "pathetic" classes instead of wanting and being ok with Chieftain doing all your sides work, damn. In fact, you should be the first one to call it out, otherwise what's the point of your classes? Everyone should make a Chieftain.

2)

Since you're talking about using brains, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you didn't see the videos and you're talking out of your behind (best case scenario for you), but none of these videos are 1v1 PvPs.

3)

I somehow doubt that Beastmaster's Moon (main damage) is gonna be able to survive the damage and control of even just 1 reaper, let alone a crowd... That's why I said show me, cus you ain't gonna find that at the same scale of Chieftains.

well I don t even seen those videos yet,but I imagine the scenario and I know what chieftain can do.i brought those solution before.beside that, as told at the end of the day, few people just reach one thing their own benefits.

if they start nerfting mc side will affect population on mc side and some people leave the game .then elf side players  doesn't  have rivals ,its game doesn't have sence.Elf side start to reduce population and eventually server die in usa-saphire .but company will manage a good solution.And just in case I'm a elf side player.Little by little they gonna reach a solution.i hope my comment not sound offensive and politely correct with a good manners.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, Gladiator said:

Show me any other class with Orci or any other combination of books for that matter doing what Chieftain is doing right now in these videos and other videos posted in the Russian sections. That means for example dealing 100ks worth of damage in a couple of minutes in arena, while tanking 5+ top arena geared sentinels for several minutes. If you can't, then it's not just because of the books. 

The most you can probably find is maybe a Deathknight or a Warden that that tanks a bunch of people for some time but without being able to do any serious harm.

first cry about it's damage reduction, then it's aoe damage and now bleeding, i mean wow, is there 0 bds in your server or something? have you seen druid now? oh wait what about mage with nukes at it's disposable 24/7? 

oh worry now, dk, barb, hunter together will be the part of chief now gzzz