The deep sea is filled with dangerous creatures that know no mercy for any foreign incomer that tries to disturb the Biotope. It was known in the world of Arinar that one who goes too deep into the sea, doesn't come back to report of his findings. And after the Warriors of Arinar knew that their fate will be going down into the sea to find the Clock of the World Creation artifact, chosen alchemists and scientists of Langasard started preparing to help the warriors by breeding sea creatures to get new species that can accompany the warriors. They tried breeding many sea creatures selectively with special characteristics from giant sea horses, to octopuses, to squids, and even manta rays. But all trials have failed. The last trial of breeding such dangerous creatures was when they tried to get human-friendly types of sharks through inbreeding, since they were known to be one of the most powerful creatures of the sea as well, but many Warriors were still eaten by them during their adventures.
The last resort was jellyfishes, no one had ever tried breeding them, because not only their reproduction cycle can take up to a year, but also scientists were afraid to be stung and poisoned as soon as they touched the jellyfishes, but with the help of the advanced technologies of the Fauns in Pelion, that they acquired through defeating the Engineer and his minions, they managed to capture tens of different species of Medusozoa jellyfishes in huge aquariums that enabled the breeders to safely do their experiments.
The Story of the Inbred Jellyfish
Breeders spent months of inbreeding many generations of different species of the Medusozoa Jellyfishes under controlled conditions to get certain traits that would make them human-friendly and at the same time fierce against enemies. After a while multiple random mutations occurred in one species of sky-blue Medusa jellyfishes, that caused the jellyfish to be too fast in movement for the breeders to catch and to further breed, it started to kill other jellyfish kinds, which was not familiar to the breeders before at all. As it grew, it reproduced without the control of the breeders, giving birth to hundreds of offsprings at once. This species, like many other inbred kinds, didn't attack the breeders, but the difference to the other kinds is that they killed every other creature living in the aquarium except for their own kind. They tested their power by putting them to the test against different types of dangerous deep sea creatures, and they all were paralyzed and let bleed to death. Since this kind was very different from the other jellyfishes, it was assigned as a new jellyfish species, and was named as a mixture of the place where it was created, Arinar, and its color, sky-blue: Medusozoa Azurinarae.
After a long time of training, the breeders learned to control the jellyfishes, and warriors started using them as hunting pets for sea adventures, since they are very quick, strong, and also have a good camouflage with its blue color, which was later discovered through putting the creatures in new environments with different background colors, it was only blue because the sea was blue, but in fact, it was pretty much invisible!
Mechanisms and Description
- Damage dealer type; also assuming the aim is mainly for PvE-purposes
- Very fragile (Something like 1k-1.5k HP) but very powerful, its strength isn't in dealing big chunks of damage at once, but through little bits of periodic damage with very high speed
- The mutations caused a radically shortened life span for those jellyfishes, normally jellyfishes live up to 2-3 years, but this one lives only one or two hours
- Very high reproduction rate, which means they are relatively abundant and affordable
- The mutations also caused a big improvement in the movement mechanisms of the jellyfish, making it incredibly fast in movement and attack (Movement speed x2 the normal character speed, and attack speed comparable to Labyrinth Parasites)
- Typical of jellyfishes to be transparent almost like plastic bags. So they are always under invisibility effect, as long as not in battle mode
1. Paralyzing Tentacles:
- The jellyfish spreads its poisonous tentacles and wraps the enemies in an area of 2 yards around the jellyfish disabling their movement for 4 seconds and causing them to lose accuracy and attack speed.
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
2. Infectious Sting:
- Sting that deals big instant damage followed by a periodic bleeding for 10 seconds (1 tick every 2 seconds = 5 times). During the bleeding time, the target can infect the enemies in 2 yards radius around the target, making them receive periodic damage of the same amount and duration. Infected targets can also infect more surrounding targets and so on...
- Bleeding debuff doesn't stack from bleeding skills of other minions or other infected targets or bleeding skills of players, but only replaces/renews them.
- Damage type and amount depends on the character (I'm thinking that the damage ends up around 100 damage per 2 seconds on a medium defense monsters, making it 500 every 10 seconds with a possibility of multiple targets)
- Cooldown 10 seconds
- The jellyfish produces 3 offsprings (same design but smaller) that attack enemies nearby for some time (10 seconds)
- Low HP (something like 200 HP)
- Speed is slower than the original jellyfish
- Damage depends on the character but also weaker than the mother jellyfish (Thinking of around 50 damage per hit)
- No skills for the offsprings.
- Cooldown 30 seconds
4. Cnidocyte Explosion:
- When the jellyfish dies, its toxic stinging cells (Cnidocytes) splash on the enemies in 2 yards around the jellyfish, causing them to suffer additional bleeding for 6 seconds (once every 2 seconds)
- Activates when the minion dies or when the duration of the minion ends
- Damage type and amount depends on the character (ultimately this would be stronger than bleeding effect of the Infectious Sting, something like 200-300 per 2 seconds on medium defense monsters)
**All mentioned numbers are just to give a concept and are subject to change
As you probably could guess, I'm not the best (pixel) designer...