[2023.08.25] In development: Almahad, the Isle of Chainless League. Part II

LeeLoo

• Administrators

diary_arabic2_1200х630.png

Dear friends!

First of all, we would like to thank the Warspear Online community for their interest and attention to the process of developing the new island! This time, we have decided to provide more details about the non-playable guilds of Almahad, which we briefly mentioned before. We recommend you to check out the first part of the diaries to fully understand the topic, and now, welcome to the continuation of the narrative!

We would like to remind you that the project is still in development, which means that any elements may be subject to change by the time of release.

What are non-playable guilds?

After exploring the magnificent palaces and dilapidated slums of Er-Sahil, you will be just one step closer to unraveling the mystery of the Black Sun's rim. A fierce battle among the leading guilds of Almahad has unfolded for the right to possess this most powerful artifact on the island. This means that the only way to acquire the artifact is to infiltrate their ranks and gather information from within. But what are non-playable guilds?

Non-playable guilds are special coalitions, interacting with which grants you access to unique gameplay mechanics and content, not available outside of membership in that guild. As we mentioned in the first part of the diaries, you can only be a member of one non-playable guild at a time. Additionally, on Almahad, rivals from different in-game guilds can be part of the same non-playable guild.

You will be able to join a non-playable guild after completing the storyline in the city and the introductory quests related to the guild. You will have access to all existing introductory quests for non-playable guilds simultaneously – you can choose where to begin first.

Анимация1.gif

In the upcoming release, you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with two of the five non-playable guilds – Adventurers Guild and the Assassins Guild. Guild registrars, awaiting new recruits in their headquarters within the territory of Er-Sahil, are always ready to assign you a special initiation mission, and from there, the most exciting part begins!

Adventurers and Assassins

Getting acquainted with any of the non-playable guilds promises you truly captivating adventures outside the capital! As you already know from previous diaries, a significant part of the Almahad island is covered by a desert - vast, but not lifeless. The desert is divided into gameplay sectors, each with its own storyline and unique inhabitants, and each non-playable guild will have its own sector. Additionally, a substantial portion of activities will take place in the Golden Sands – an extensive common PvP territory.

Completing tasks assigned to you by the representatives of the Adventurers Guild will lead you to the Mirage Desert - a magical habitat of genies, snakemen, and a true sanctuary of antiquities! Representatives of this guild are true explorers, as they gain access to the most hidden corners of Almahad!

icon_use_11502_01.png Adventurers Guild

The Adventurers Guild, founded many centuries ago, sets its goal as the exploration of the mysterious island of Almahad and the search for its long-lost treasures. It is the Adventurers who guard the secrets of the hidden corners of the island, which they are willing to reveal only to the worthy. The guild members are brave, curious, and determined warriors ready to challenge both what is lost in the sands and what remains hidden in plain sight!

ПустыняМ2.gif

And if you decide to join their rivals - the Assassins, then you will venture into the Scorpion Kingdom - a land of endless warfare, inhabited by half-humans, half-scorpions and Dog-Heads, ready to battle all who dare to challenge, to quench their thirst for combat. Even the Assassins themselves are ruthless and dangerous “headhunters”.

icon_use_11502_02.png Assassins Guild

The Assassins Guild specializes in contract killings for hefty money. Guild members live in a world of shadows and deceptions, one they have largely constructed themselves. Each of them is a talented hunter, capable of tracking down and striking a target of any level, whether it's a common bandit or a highborn noble. Only those who prove their courage will have the gates of the Assassins Guild open to them; brothers and sisters will welcome them into their ranks to stand against the visible and the invisible together!

Анимация15.gif

After joining a non-playable guild, you gain access to daily and dynamic quests, dedicated dungeon and guild events, raid boss, and further progression in the storyline will unlock access to side storylines and missions in the gameplay sectors of other guilds. Additionally, you will have access to content unique to your non-playable guild (we will provide detailed information below).

While exploring the island, do not forget about the harsh climate of Almahad - from time to time, powerful sandstorms occur on the island, which can confine you to the capital Er-Sahil for an extended period!

Reputation with factions “Elders of Guild”

As it's well known, every newcomer must first secure the support of the most respected members of the combat brotherhood. On Almahad, you will need to earn the recognition of the guild's elders by building your reputation with a specific guild faction. Familiarizing yourself with the faction will occur upon joining the guild. Reputation can be earned by completing daily and dynamic quests, as well as through various other activities, of which there will be no shortage. Please note that if you leave a non-playable guild, your current reputation with that guild's faction will be reset to zero!

The accumulated reputation points can be spent on learning talents from the non-playable guilds, with each guild having a unique talent tree.

Talents of non-playable guilds

Striving to gain the upper hand in the fight for the artifact, representatives of the most powerful guilds of Almahad have created a special arsenal of skills and abilities within talent trees. And to make your journey through Almahad particularly memorable, each talent tree will be divided into segments of equal length, with special progress markers called “ranks”. A rank becomes active when you start learning all talents within the horizontal row it's connected to, and it remains active permanently. It's this active rank that allows you to retain the progress of learning talents at the same level and above the rank when leaving the non-playable guild. Upon rejoining the non-playable guild, the progress of learning talents will be restored to the level of the last active rank.

Unique mechanics of non-playable guilds

As we have mentioned before, each non-playable guild will have its own daily and dynamic quests, as well as other activities, bonuses, and enhancements, including the talent tree. Advancing through its study, you'll uncover a special talent that opens access to a unique guild mechanic. This mechanic becomes active and available to you as soon as you learn the relevant talent. Additionally, within the branches of the tree, you'll find talents that influence the functioning of this guild mechanic.

To engage with this mechanic, you need to head to the PvP territory of the Golden Sands – that's where the real scorching heat awaits! Nevertheless, you can always rally the support of your allies from your game guild, who can also receive rewards for successfully completing the unique mechanic of your non-playable guild, even if they're not part of it.

Mechanic of Adventurers - Tombs

For the fearless and tireless adventurers, explorers of Almahad, access will be granted to ancient tombs holding rich rewards! Just keep in mind that in your quest to find the entrance to the underground treasuries, you'll need to race across the desert, and the route to the tomb's entrance will be unique for each adventurer!

Анимация13.gif

After the tomb entrance is discovered, the adventurer can invite their group to complete a mini-dungeon but remember, that the entrance action will be time-limited. The discovered dungeon is tied to the adventurer who found it: if they leave the group, the dungeon entrance disappears for all group members. However, if there are several adventurers in a group who have found tomb entrances, your group will have access to several tombs with active entrance timers. Moreover, visiting the tombs will not consume the seeker's stamina. The entry procedure for tombs, however, will remain identical to entering regular dungeons.

tombs updated 3.png

Each tomb discovered by an adventurer will be unique, as the layout of the location, monsters, and dungeon boss will be generated randomly. Your task is to clear the corridors of the tomb from monsters within the given time, filling the progress bar at the top of the screen, defeating the dungeon boss, and remembering to collect rewards from chests! By the way, rewards in the tombs will be refreshed daily, and in a day, you can receive up to 5 rewards.

Mechanic of Assassins - Outposts

Assassins are true masters of stealth, capable of not only tracking their target but also swiftly eliminating it without unnecessary noise. The unique guild mechanics of assassins will allow you to apply these deadly skills in practice and infiltrate bandit camps in the Golden Sands territory!

The ultimate goal of each assassin will be the bandit leaders - bosses with PvP-status. However, first, it's necessary to gather information about their location. Ordinary bandits - PvP-monsters, as well as other assassins who have already collected the information, hold the "Information" about the bosses. By defeating another player, an assassin will obtain a part of the "Information" they've gathered. In the case of group playing, this information will go to the assassin who deals the final blow. During a group battle with a monster, information will be given to each assassin in the group and located at the location at the time of the monster's death.

Only the assassin can gather and accumulate information, but any group member can help him to deal with monsters and other assassins. Once the required amount of 'Information' is collected (the progress bar, unique to each assassin, will help track the result), the assassin will gain access to the dungeon entrance - the tent of the bandit leader. After that, the assassin can initiate the dungeon run and invite their group. However, keep in mind that the entrance action will be time limited.

outpost updated 3.png

The group composition is locked in at the moment of dungeon activation, so the group can proceed through the dungeon even if the initiating assassin leaves the group. The entry sequence for outposts differs from the rules of entering a regular dungeon. First and foremost, group members may not be present at the moment the dungeon is launched on the location - the assassin can enter the dungeon directly to avoid enemy attacks, and group members can join later. Additionally, the assassin who opens the dungeon doesn't have to be the group leader, and group members can freely enter and exit the bandit outpost. Moreover, visiting the outposts will not consume the seeker's stamina.

Inside the bandit outpost don't waste any time, as you'll need to eliminate the bandit leader (and sometimes there will be even several) within the allocated time! For this each player inside the dungeon will receive a guaranteed reward and gain access to a chest with random rewards. Rewards in the outposts will refresh daily, and in a day, you can receive up to 5 rewards.

Competition among non-playable guilds on Almahad is just beginning to escalate... Perhaps you will be able to shift the balance and earn the greatest respect from the elders of non-playable guilds? We'll find out soon...

The release of the new island is scheduled for the end of September 2023.

See you in the vastness of Arinar!

AIGRIND

Will the dropped equipment inside the dungeons of each non-playable guild be the same or they will vary depending on which non-playable guild you choose?

Edited by VitoKill99

21 hours ago, LeeLoo said:

Additionally, on Almahad, rivals from different in-game guilds can be part of the same non-playable guild.

does this mean we can invite them to party or it's like in neutral zones?

Edited by noro5825

This is amazing, I'm really looking forward to it.

Are there going to be any teasers to the talents for the guilds? 

7 minutes ago, VitoKill99 said:

Will the dropped equipment inside the dungeons of each non-playable guild be the same or they will vary depending on which non-playable guild you choose?

Good question, from what I read there are guaranteed items and completely random items. What is going to be available for guaranteed items and what kind of items are random?

So since players from different alliances (Sentinels and Legion) can join the same Non-Playble Guild, does that mean they will have a common chat? And will they be able to sell items between them?

So that means market between elves and MCs will be possible after this update?

On 8/24/2023 at 12:33 PM, LeeLoo said:

By defeating another player, an assassin will obtain a part of the "Information" they've gathered.

Is that only about enemy side players? Like mcs can kill and get "Information" from elf players only? Or mcs can fight mcs in that place too? 

What do u think about to make it fight vs all except ur pt? Like mcs can fight mcs, elfs can fight elfs, mcs vs elfs too, be able to fight all except ur pt. It will also stop ppl from blocking area with whole guild, fights would be way more interesting cus it wont be just about how many ppl u can bring, but how good is ur pt or how ur pt can counter another pt. 

2 hours ago, Ryohei said:

New levels? 

New skills? 

Rebalance? 

Skill fixes? 

Talents and skills  from non playable guilds only works on new map? 

too many questions 0 answers :SK22_5:

9 hours ago, BlackAdam22 said:

Its look like type of albion red zones.

I do think that is really awesome tbh. 

2 hours ago, noro5825 said:

too many questions 0 answers :SK22_5:

The way releases should be tbh 

They are obviously going to add level cap though just like every other map release 

2 hours ago, Mateusz said:

Is that only about enemy side players? Like mcs can kill and get "Information" from elf players only? Or mcs can fight mcs in that place too? 

What do u think about to make it fight vs all except ur pt? Like mcs can fight mcs, elfs can fight elfs, mcs vs elfs too, be able to fight all except ur pt. It will also stop ppl from blocking area with whole guild, fights would be way more interesting cus it wont be just about how many ppl u can bring, but how good is ur pt or how ur pt can counter another pt. 

I suspect it's "killing non assassin guild players" so think like gvg style 

Something tells me this is one way to encourage further building multiple characters especially for the top and active guilds which means more spendings. Since it's an exclusive sector type of thing, the lack of players in a npguild would be problematic so you know where that's going. Not that it's bad, I just noticed it unless I'm wrong. I do like choices that doesn't lead to the same conclusion regardless of what you chose.

5 minutes ago, LivingPoltergeist said:

Something tells me this is one way to encourage further building multiple characters especially for the top and active guilds which means more spendings. Since it's an exclusive sector type of thing, the lack of players in a npguild would be problematic so you know where that's going. Not that it's bad, I just noticed it unless I'm wrong. I do like choices that doesn't lead to the same conclusion regardless of what you chose.

I honestly don't think your right. I'm pretty sure you can go to either side BUT you won't have access to say Tombs as a Assassin or a Outpost as a Adventurer. 

I am certain you can enter them with a party member. 

Plus you can seemingly swap between the npc guilds but you might loose rep for it

7 hours ago, LivingPoltergeist said:

It is impossible to create new heroes anymore. Knowledge limits to catch up other players. And adding new levels probably will make things even worse. So I doubt people are going to create another charachter. Moreover, people with 2-3 characters will stop playing all of them and focus on only their main character.

20 hours ago, Drakoslayd said:

so think like gvg style

I pray it wont be gvg style in term of numbers, we already have so much big group fights like many gvgs, wars, raids etc. I hope it will be focused on small scale pvp like 1-5 ppl fight each other cus we already lack of that. 

1 hour ago, Barbie11 said:

It is impossible to create new heroes anymore. Knowledge limits to catch up other players. And adding new levels probably will make things even worse. So I doubt people are going to create another charachter. Moreover, people with 2-3 characters will stop playing all of them and focus on only their main character.

That kinda happens already

45 minutes ago, yygod said:

There is so little news released that I can't make a correct judgment.

Then let's wait for more news. It's a month away, after all :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Barbie11 said:

People already do that on every other mmo for essentially the same reason- 

They like the play style of one class and character then focuses on it

Well thats disapointing.... non-playable guilds,  I thought it was like sub factions that play  against, anyway... For me the game is kind of losing fun at least on the main core of the game PVP... I'm priest full GREATNESS 32 + 10 set and assesories  all rune and cristals critted, and litteraly killed with 3 hits by sks, bds,  bm... anyway this game is so broken... no balance at all, classes are unbalanced, arenas are unbalanced,  only one balance per year... And now with new map, new lvls, more equips to farm and amp, arena equips too, more expensive books to buy... all over again nothing new... I with I could quit this game, but expended so much money that I'm  obligated to play this game at least for 2 more years.

Hello Developers, Please move the city map of Ship Graveyard to this new map(Almahad). And add new town here(Ayvondil), which I posted pictures below. I was aspecting to release new town here. But it was at different location. 

Screenshot0000.thumb.jpg.b6486b6a94ca3df075d614c36e1e79d5.jpg

This is the best location for new town. Just a simple map, neither water nor desert. Like Sacred Forest or Sky Islands no extra talent.

Screenshot0001.thumb.jpg.2205eed75888d305f640c3743e953bed.jpg

14 hours ago, Barbie11 said:

It is impossible to create new heroes anymore. Knowledge limits to catch up other players. And adding new levels probably will make things even worse. So I doubt people are going to create another character. Moreover, people with 2-3 characters will stop playing all of them and focus on only their main character.

I agreed, so we need a special kind of potion that we can change character anytime. Example:- There were total 20 characters, we can change any of them. 

2 hours ago, Jack said:

I agreed, so we need a special kind of potion that we can change character anytime. Example:- There were total 20 characters, we can change any of them. 

I disagree about the potion. It's pointless and you would loose alot for it. 

You can make multiple characters and play them if you want but most simply chooses one character overall because they like jt more

My Suggestion is that, in the City of Ship Graveyard add a Ship(Need Guild To Enter) and a boat(no need guild) which we can craft. Level 1 only two peoples...and so on. So that we can travel on the water without going under the water. And we can stop anywhere and also jump off inside the water from ship or boat.

In a Ship we can fight with cannons, catapult, etc...but in a boat we can't fight only we can sail.

Ship.thumb.gif.d52bb72aaffbeb6f21838005f521972e.gif

And in the New map of Almahad, add a Trojan Horse so that we can fight in the desert. We can hide inside and war. 

TrojanHorse001.gif.3918d0d8a95b6cf05a8bea28cc758f03.gif

TrojanHorse002.gif.9f04c397deb06b242e968c5be593c568.gif

1 hour ago, Jack said:

And in the New map of Almahad, add a Trojan Horse so that we can fight in the desert. We can hide inside and war. 

What's the point of having a Trojan Horse to hide if every other player would know there are enemies inside lol

I mean, it only worked the 1st time because the trojans weren't expecting the greek soldiers to be inside the horse

9 hours ago, Jack said:

My Suggestion is that, in the City of Ship Graveyard add a Ship(Need Guild To Enter) and a boat(no need guild) which we can craft. Level 1 only two peoples...and so on. So that we can travel on the water without going under the water. And we can stop anywhere and also jump off inside the water from ship or boat.

In a Ship we can fight with cannons, catapult, etc...but in a boat we can't fight only we can sail.

Ship.thumb.gif.d52bb72aaffbeb6f21838005f521972e.gif

TrojanHorse001.gif.3918d0d8a95b6cf05a8bea28cc758f03.gif

TrojanHorse002.gif.9f04c397deb06b242e968c5be593c568.gif

Eh sorry but no. 

I know they won't do any of those 

19 hours ago, Hanzo said:

Well thats disapointing.... non-playable guilds,  I thought it was like sub factions that play  against, anyway... For me the game is kind of losing fun at least on the main core of the game PVP... I'm priest full GREATNESS 32 + 10 set and assesories  all rune and cristals critted, and litteraly killed with 3 hits by sks, bds,  bm... anyway this game is so broken... no balance at all, classes are unbalanced, arenas are unbalanced,  only one balance per year... And now with new map, new lvls, more equips to farm and amp, arena equips too, more expensive books to buy... all over again nothing new... I with I could quit this game, but expended so much money that I'm  obligated to play this game at least for 2 more years.

They are non player guilds , meaning you can join them in addition to your own

21 hours ago, Hanzo said:

If they were keep in touch warspear community, they wouldnt even consider new map right now. Everybody wants to steady balance update, nerfs and buffs. We dont want to wait 1 year for somethings to change. 

We just want to see improve existing events (horror spring winter) not same events every year.

Or making pvp more fun. Bringing duel system, remove chaos potion and lets have fun with other players.

But no they dont even consider this. Imagine 11 years of mmo doesnt have 1vs1 system where i just simply cant invite them to duel.

Anyways, i am just mad at the wasted potential of the game. My expectations are very low of this new map. I cant stand another oxygen mechanic.

21 hours ago, Oppenheimer32323 said:

If they were keep in touch warspear community, they wouldnt even consider new map right now. Everybody wants to steady balance update, nerfs and buffs. We dont want to wait 1 year for somethings to change. 

We just want to see improve existing events (horror spring winter) not same events every year.

Or making pvp more fun. Bringing duel system, remove chaos potion and lets have fun with other players.

But no they dont even consider this. Imagine 11 years of mmo doesnt have 1vs1 system where i just simply cant invite them to duel.

Anyways, i am just mad at the wasted potential of the game. My expectations are very low of this new map. I cant stand another oxygen mechanic.

I agree a dual system would be good.

The best way I can see that happening is they add a dueling pist to each town and that like exchange both sides confirm and are sent to a duel area like in arena, it would probably revitalize pvp and if they include it in arena subsection it can make battle pass easier for some.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:19 AM, Oppenheimer32323 said:

Other than that, the current situation is annoying ; adding a new map with extra quest, dynamics, interactions ecc... ; will make the game impossible to play fully .

Right now the game is : either you spend hours on it daily with much money in it or it's better to quit, as you won't enjoy the game fully .

Adding another map with other things to do will just make the game a 10h+ daily play or you stay behind :SK22_5:.

We alreadyy have many events+gvg+raids that ( with spring or snow or horror or birthday ) make you use like 6-8h daily or you will be left behind , imagine adding another gvg+raids+other things

2 hours ago, SaltyCoffe said:

Other than that, the current situation is annoying ; adding a new map with extra quest, dynamics, interactions ecc... ; will make the game impossible to play fully .

Right now the game is : either you spend hours on it daily with much money in it or it's better to quit, as you won't enjoy the game fully .

Adding another map with other things to do will just make the game a 10h+ daily play or you stay behind :SK22_5:.

We alreadyy have many events+gvg+raids that ( with spring or snow or horror or birthday ) make you use like 6-8h daily or you will be left behind , imagine adding another gvg+raids+other things

Its just non-stop grinding. They get the taste of talents. They are adding almost everytying related to talents. Horror talents, snow, spring, knowledge, new map talents…..

For them talent= more money at this point.

But i am starting to play less and less. Warspear became a full time job where you have to play everyday. Its repetitive, boring and not rewarding.

Knowledge thing is already absurd system. I simply cant get the new mechanics of my hero. It offers wlde range of play styles, however if i dont play everyday i wont be able to open these since there is knowledge cap.

And now they are adding even more grind….

So what is the hype for. Probably i wont be experiencing anything related to new map….

Ok as it goes for knowledge, even with new characters going not even one town maybe two will cap knowledge, this is a serious disadvantage from the outset as most of us will just keep going instead of stopping.

They need to seriously need to consider getting rid of knowledge cap when it comes to quests. It hurts all of us from new up to those of us playing for years. Gold requirements in at least first section up to the triple skill combination needs to be halved or significantly reduced.

Newer players should be trying to find what to do with knowledge and older players shouldn't be stifled from growing once you reach a certain point.

Elite kills knowledge is another that needs to go up, a cap for that is fine otherwise many would fight over areas for them, but a big increase needs to happen 5-10 times in non event situations would help greatly. 

As I don't normally cap out yet when it comes to dungeons I'll let someone else go into that if it needs to be addressed.