Everything about how to kill Elm!

Morgana

It seems like many people have no idea how to kill the new boss ELM at Ayvondil t3 so I decided to make this topic where everyone can suggest tactics, party set ups etc. for a good Elm-kill!

It is more how-to-kill related than what a pt should contain. I guess we can all agree about 2 priests, a druid maybe, and 2 tanks a bd and a pala. Of course all with minions. The question is how to kill dat sh*t.

Tree has aoe dmg wherever he lights up the place.

Youll need two parties to be able to handle the boss imo.

Mobs have infinite agro range so one party can handle the mobs.

The other can easily take care of the tree. Just make sure the damagers dont sleep and get caught in the elm light.

I maybe have a way to kill it, need to test it, Julie this is my last post for today, I am not really a forum kind of person, and I do remember you  ~ a bit.

Pm me in game, I am usually on Kalibow/Niennor, if you want to have a talk. :)

Unless there's some trick involved like attacking a certain color of plant so the other's doesn't aggro (like frogls on swamp). It's impossible to kill it with just one party, unless they change something after this maintenance.

tGuP7QR.jpg

If you need a pict to explain. XD

Is that one of all mobs can evade?

I think some pts of elf and mc work together in different side. Both factions kill half of mobs.

Impossibrruuu...

10 parties of THEMERCS can't kill it, so I guess nothing can.

Sleuth knows, he is in themercs :D Edited by Julie

• 2 weeks later...

It's a "World Boss". World. Do you think entire world has only 1 party? You need a lot people for him

No I don't think that captain obvious. I asked this because roland said it can be killed with one single party.

The Elm. Has died.

It's possible, people! You just need to get enough people, enough life scrolls, avoid the red areas and kill the mobs. Easy.

wp_ss_20151007_0001.png

The Elm. Has died.

It's possible, people! You just need to get enough people, enough life scrolls, avoid the red areas and kill the mobs. Easy.

waste of stuff and time for 1party to get it only, must be an easier way a hidden way

You just need a lot of people, who know how to dodge red areas and realise that mobs are difficult, not the boss. Brute force is enough to beat him

Edited by Shil

We know we can kill Elm with many people but we wanna find out how to kill it with one party only :good: Lallouss, me and a few others in our guild are working out the system of how Elm spawns adds, when and why and some other stuff.

Not sure if this would work, since I don't know if the Mobs can be stunned, but for MC's at least, a (large) team of Warlocks to stun them, a team of tanks to AOE taunt them, and a lot of DPS to down the boss might be able to do it.

It'd still take more than 1 party to do it though...

Yes, those mobs can be stunned. On EU-Emerald, MC killed the elm one week ago immediately after the war with the benefit of the war-buffs. But like you say, it took more than one party. More like 10 parties and god-knows-how-many life scrolls.

We noticed that the mobs' damage heals the tree. Not sure if that is really useful info though - of course you want to avoid mob damage. It definitely helped to be prepared for when the different red-areas appeared and when the mobs respawned. Someone suggested that if you keep one mob alive, maybe the others (of the same color?) won't respawn. I don't know if that is true, but it would be a big help.

It was fun to see the animation of the leaves falling from the mighty elm. Not sure I'll do it again though. :D

Someone suggested that if you keep one mob alive, maybe the others (of the same color?) won't respawn. I don't know if that is true, but it would be a big help.

tested and seems to be not working, same color ads reappear

Thx for the info.

I'm exploring at elm and saw some things that might or might not be useful:

Red-area attacks by elm sometimes deal damage (and roots) to it's own mobs. It seems like the mobs that get hit are usually ones above the elm.

If I attack a red mob at the far upper left or far right of the elm, only that single mob returns the attack.

To the right of the elm is a smaller tree. If you can get behind that tree, you can be close to the elm but still outside of mobs auto-attack range.

If you look closely, the mobs are dancing the samba.

So, is there some significance to the different colors of the mobs? Should they be attacked in a particular order? Any differences in behavior?

Every once in a while the elm spits out some green leaves. This doesn't seem to affect mobs. What does that attack do?

Every once in a while the elm spits out some green leaves. This doesn't seem to affect mobs. What does that attack do?

its silence, dk skill kind of silence, aoe

im gona test the suggestions u gave lemme see now

i have idea about kill it 

easy to say  ;) 

get 5ppl who can use doul machine 

each player have 2 chars , lock and other

locks party hand mobs buy dark circal timeing skills 

other main party kill boss 

info : locks have to back to use for this kind updats and dgs

this plan need player more than PROs , it need smart too 

we can start with barb 4/4 last wish to call all mobs in place dark circal 

Edited by firemastar

Red-area attacks by elm sometimes deal damage (and roots) to it's own mobs. It seems like the mobs that get hit are usually ones above the elm.

If I attack a red mob at the far upper left or far right of the elm, only that single mob returns the attack.

failed on both, show pic or video how u did it or cant be done, i tested it for 40min

I discovered it by accident with my shaman when I went to suicide and noticed that all the mobs didn't attack, just one. I went back and tested it 4 more times, once with full equipment, and it worked each time. I explored to see if it worked anywhere else, and found one other spot. Also tried attacking other colored mobs from those spots but got the usual barrage of attacks.

Not sure it will be helpful as it might be limited to a small number of mobs in isolated areas.

One spot was directly below the tree to the right of elm, one square from the far right edge. There's a red mob there that will wander nearby. I could hit him with range attack or punch and only he would come after me. The other spot was at the top left. A red mob wanders over towards the left edge and I could hit him without getting attacked by others. Sorry I don't have a pic now but will try to add one later.

Edit: OK, here's a mini-map of the elm area. The tiny green dots are the locations I'm talking about. The one at far right I tested several times including with full equipment. The one at top left I tried only twice and am not sure of the exact location.

elm_mini.png

Edited by maraschino

I discovered it by accident with my shaman when I went to suicide and noticed that all the mobs didn't attack, just one. I went back and tested it 4 more times, once with full equipment, and it worked each time. I explored to see if it worked anywhere else, and found one other spot. Also tried attacking other colored mobs from those spots but got the usual barrage of attacks.

Not sure it will be helpful as it might be limited to a small number of mobs in isolated areas.

One spot was directly below the tree to the right of elm, one square from the far right edge. There's a red mob there that will wander nearby. I could hit him with range attack or punch and only he would come after me. The other spot was at the top left. A red mob wanders over towards the left edge and I could hit him without getting attacked by others. Sorry I don't have a pic now but will try to add one later.

Edit: OK, here's a mini-map of the elm area. The tiny green dots are the locations I'm talking about. The one at far right I tested several times including with full equipment. The one at top left I tried only twice and am not sure of the exact location.

attachicon.gifelm_mini.png

Hmm, nice theory :) But I tried it with the spots and got attacked by all adds at once, starting with the red one. Could you record it maybe or show some screenshots? Edited by Julie

mmmm maybe its how u standing and not about the which add, when i tried agroing the red one , i agroed it from different locations

Are the devs tinkering with the elm? I went back today to take screen shots, but the scene at elm looked totally different. There were only red mobs, and no cyan or purple mobs. The elm was not setting off it's red area attacks.

Yes, I do think it was only possible from those particular locations, but today it did not work even in those locations.