Jump to content

Skill Improvement Suggestions


Risc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi! All.

 

In view of "[2021.10.15] Skill Rebalance. News", I have decided to add my thoughts on skill suggestions for Templar.

There is about a month...maybe more, when the rebalance happens. Logically, I am skeptical to what extent any of suggestions listed will be considered/implemented given the short time frame...

 

To note, the below contents are based on my perspective. Readers are free to agree/disagree with this post. 

 

My suggestions will be based on overall gameplay (levelling to 18, unlocking the experts and finally reaching endgame) General suggestions for the class, have been noted after going over each skill.

 

Basic Skills

 

979255920_.png.d77b866f3f4c8ba020a44db71eb6cdbf.pngBlame

[Review]: This skill shines best with staff from a dps perspective. It adds a good stun if the target has stepped on 'Touch of Truth' area effect. However, its more or less useless for mace build from a dps perspective.

[Suggestions]: I feel the damage should scale based on both physical and magic attack stats. As the main damage skill when starting out, I feel the Cooldown should be reduced a bit.

 

1469280852_.png.c1e55452c94122b6e348fc1a65cf8740.pngGrace

[Review]: Arguably the 'bread and butter' skill of Templar. It offers very good percentage increase to physical and magic stats. Not to mention the nice looking animation aura. However, the issue with this is, it does not last long. The player has to constantly spam it even when maxed to 5/5.

[Suggestions]: I feel it should not be spammed over and over again. On this from overall game play I suggest any one of the following improvements:

i. Increase in Duration....or

ii. Make it a passive skill with reduced stats...or

iii. Skill with constant energy consumption with reduced stats...or

iv. Completely replace it with a healing skill that can be cast on others. While this may seem like a Paladin heal...I feel most of Templar heals are not straightforward. Stun proc heals have lot of RNG involved while Mantra of healing disables the target from combat.

 

1276560710_.png.b5d27f159ab5c499ba7d538ef950b598.pngCombat Support

[Review]: Its quite useful now in both PVP and PVE, once maxed to 5/5.

[Suggestions]: Either reduce the Cool down or Increase the duration of skill.  Fine as it is.

 

135673139_.png.bd47a4c57b624747ad17769ec595812f.pngWhirlwind of Repentance

[Review]: The only aoe skill for Templar (excluding talent skill - 'Defense in Attack'). Its useful only in mace build. And more or less useless when using staff.

[Suggestions]: I feel the damage should scale based on both physical and magic attack stats. And it should be a ranged aoe skill. As this will help a lot when playing with staff.

 

751914153_.png.cbd26426e483d49fefd7a952c3e45fdd.pngReverse Flow

[Review]: The trademark skill of Templar. Its quite effective and fun in wars, pvp and Gvg.

[Suggestions]: Either the Cooldown should be reduced or duration should be increased. In addition, I feel the push effect should not be resisted, in the event stun fails.

 

Expert Skills

 

1116242223_.png.fa36a5fb589617b7d830cef0f2edd822.pngHarad's Teachings

[Review]: This passive is completely dependent on stun procs. Without a successful stun, its useless. The heal is not very helpful, given its based on position of the character and a small percentage of magic stat. The damage is based on physical attack stat, which is negligible when playing with staff.

[Suggestions]: Instead of being dependent on stun, its best, if the buff procs based on various skills used like Mage's "Overload" or Chieftain's "Clan's Help" passive skills. In addition, in place of damage proc, I would suggest, the heal that occurs also restores energy in addition to health, given Templar, uses up lot of energy on its skills.

 

557257349_.png.ff9f19a0818065ebd4fa915c3cf47833.pngMantra of Healing

[Review]: Very situational and quite useful Overall.

[Suggestions]: In current meta, I think its good as it is.

 

660029212_.png.36c80df81623c77e4268381b345fc8ee.pngTouch of Truth

[Review]: Its useful in PVP. At max level it gives a reasonable period of silence. However, its best used when using mace. Quite useless with staff. While its the opener for getting stun proc with Blame, stun in general gets resisted a lot.

[Suggestions]: This skill should become ranged. In order to make it applicable when playing with staff. In addition, I feel it should have a debuff for reducing defense stats for a limited time, to make it more viable for either pve or pvp. 

 

2012445529_.png.b12ae091c52e4033c6791f19282a524c.pngSucker Punch

[Review]: The highest single target burst skill for Templar when using mace. Used with 'Reverse Flow', it causes a 'ping-pong' effect on the target (which is fun to watch when it procs!!). Unfortunately, its useless for staff players from a dps perspective. The throw effect is helpful only if the target is within range.

[Suggestion]: I feel the usage range should be increased to 2 to 3 yards mainly to benefit staff users. And damage should scale on both physical and magic stats.

 

103901581_.png.5a72b63a04e51561bd2bbd2a8bb0a375.pngDeity Statue

[Review]: Its more or less useless in any scenario. Apart from being a decoy of sorts when used on general mobs or to distract charmer pets in arena. The damage absorption is not useful.

[Suggestions]: I feel this skill can be made similar to a Totem. Players standing near it, get some useful buffs like increased health/energy regeneration, skill cooldown speed, etc

 

199708141_.png.11658fd8d449647fd5a08d7b08c92846.pngBranded by the Sun

[Review]: Good aoe aggro skill which gives a heal marker. Unfortunately, the heal marker might me taken up by a different part member, if their attack speed is higher.

[Suggestions]: As this is the only aggro skill in Templar's arsenal, the cooldown has to be reduced. In addition the 'Stigma' debuff could be changed to have effect similar to Paladin's "Sun Seal".

 

453157190_.png.d7b0d0b0ef8b93cc09b929bffafe5b86.pngOnslaught

[Review] Another very good physical  dps skill. And a much needed gap closer for Templar. Unfortunately, its useless with staff.

[Suggestion]: Unfortunately I'm unable to think of anything to improve it. Given the other skills, I think its good as it is.

 

330337039_.png.2928b7814662699988d452598d24e727.pngPower of the Heaven

[Review]: It gives decent buffs for either mace/staff build. However, it consumes lot of mana. Personally I prefer Merman equipment buffs than using this skill.

[Suggestions]: Its best to make this a passive skill.

 

1095871202_.png.25886492bf7ce75bc51106bcdd8ac26e.pngParticle of Life

[Review]: While the AI of Pet may require improvement, its a very good dps skill that works in any build.

[Suggestions]: In current meta, I think its good as it is.

 

General suggestions on Templar gameplay:

a. Templar skill sets consume lot of energy. Would suggest if the overall consumption can be reduced. Now granted, all classes consume energy. However, I personally felt, unless I have a very huge energy pool, I had to constantly use energy pots. 

b. Templar, as I understand it was based on stun stat and its procs for healing. Unfortunately in the current meta, stun is easily resisted in general. This as a result, effects the survivability of the class. I would suggest a rework of the stun stat in general. Thinking again, I think its fine as it is in regards to stun stat.

 

I guess that concludes my thoughts on this topic. (Changes made in violet after thinking about it again.)

 

Edited by Risc
Reflecting about it again...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, to sum up, you want your class to be buffed in every single aspect. No cons, not a single disadvantage 

 

No offense whatsoever, but I see little to no difference between having read this topic and reading a Sacred Book about a God. Maybe the only difference is that said Sacred Book is larger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Risc said:

Deity Statue

[Review]: Its more or less useless in any scenario. Apart from being a decoy of sorts when used on general mobs or to distract charmer pets in arena. The damage absorption is not useful.

[Suggestions]: I feel this skill can be made similar to a Totem. Players standing near it, get some useful buffs like increased health/energy regeneration, skill cooldown speed, etc

This expert skill should be like shamans weakness totem. It should decrease enemies pene/accu. 

 

The Sentinel Side needs stuff like that nowadays since the MC side has got tons of skills which can make your def/mdef/ pene/accuracy to 0%.

53 minutes ago, Risc said:

Touch of Truth

[Review]: Its useful in PVP. At max level it gives a reasonable period of silence. However, its best used when using mace. Quite useless with staff. While its the opener for getting stun proc with Blame, stun in general gets resisted a lot.

[Suggestions]: This skill should become ranged. In order to make it applicable when playing with staff. In addition, I feel it should have a debuff for reducing defense stats for a limited time, to make it more viable for either pve or pvp.

It's a good idea to make this skill ranged, you can't really use this skill if you're inside of a big crowd fight. Staff templars could be more useful than they are now. :vp-looking:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly templar doesnt need any buffs at all as it is. However making it so that at least some of the physical skills scaled with magic as well depending which damage type is higher would make sense to me. So make them work similar to how Death Knights steel hurricane works right now. Mostly just because staff templars are completely useless. Well maybe not as bad as dk's have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

979255920_.png.d77b866f3f4c8ba020a44db71eb6cdbf.pngBlame

[Review]: This skill shines best with staff from a dps perspective. It adds a good stun if the target has stepped on 'Touch of Truth' area effect. However, its more or less useless for mace build from a dps perspective.

[Suggestions]: I feel the damage should scale based on both physical and magic attack stats. As the main damage skill when starting out, I feel the Cooldown should be reduced a bit.

 

bruh.. im a main templar user with every possible greatness set available in shop, and im saying this skill is good enough when it comes to cd, when i use cd set i can even stun people 2 times during silence before it runs out.

only thing i agree with is maybe give it a physical damage. 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

1469280852_.png.c1e55452c94122b6e348fc1a65cf8740.pngGrace

[Review]: Arguably the 'bread and butter' skill of Templar. It offers very good percentage increase to physical and magic stats. Not to mention the nice looking animation aura. However, the issue with this is, it does not last long. The player has to constantly spam it even when maxed to 5/5.

[Suggestions]: I feel it should not be spammed over and over again. On this from overall game play I suggest any one of the following improvements:

i. Increase in Duration....or

ii. Make it a passive skill...or

iii. Skill with constant energy consumption

this skill lasts so long already at 5/5, even more when you use continuous relic on. no need to change anything. 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

135673139_.png.bd47a4c57b624747ad17769ec595812f.pngWhirlwind of Repentance

[Review]: The only aoe skill for Templar (excluding talent skill - 'Defense in Attack'). Its useful only in mace build. And more or less useless when using staff.

[Suggestions]: I feel the damage should scale based on both physical and magic attack stats. And it should be a ranged aoe skill. As this will help a lot when playing with staff.

i agree with this, it should have something for staff and magic templars, even if its not damage, atleast something else when its used, being a low physical dmg or staff templar makes this skill very useless at level 1, no damage at all and it doesnt even slow people down enough. 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

751914153_.png.cbd26426e483d49fefd7a952c3e45fdd.pngReverse Flow

[Review]: The trademark skill of Templar. Its quite effective and fun in wars, pvp and Gvg.

[Suggestions]: Either the Cooldown should be reduced or duration should be increased. In addition, I feel the push effect should not be resisted,

 its good enough, low cd actually and good duration. 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

1116242223_.png.fa36a5fb589617b7d830cef0f2edd822.pngHarad's Teachings

[Review]: This passive is completely dependent on stun procs. Without a successful stun, its useless. The heal is not very helpful, given its based on position of the character and a small percentage of magic stat. The damage is based on physical attack stat, which is negligible when playing with staff.

[Suggestions]: Instead of being dependent on stun, its best, if the buff procs based on various skills used like Mage's "Overload" or Chieftain's "Clan's Help" passive skills. In addition, in place of damage proc, I would suggest, the heal that occurs also restores energy in addition to health, given Templar, uses up lot of energy on its skills.

very high heal and useful heal to you and your pt members, if you are hybird or staff templar. 

and i agree with energy restore, thats a good idea to fix the very high energy consumption in skills. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

660029212_.png.36c80df81623c77e4268381b345fc8ee.pngTouch of Truth

[Review]: Its useful in PVP. At max level it gives a reasonable period of silence. However, its best used when using mace. Quite useless with staff. While its the opener for getting stun proc with Blame, stun in general gets resisted a lot.

[Suggestions]: This skill should become ranged. In order to make it applicable when playing with staff. In addition, I feel it should have a debuff for reducing defense stats for a limited time, to make it more viable for either pve or pvp.

 

i agree with this, this skill is useless if you use staff. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

103901581_.png.5a72b63a04e51561bd2bbd2a8bb0a375.pngDeity Statue

[Review]: Its more or less useless in any scenario. Apart from being a decoy of sorts when used on general mobs or to distract charmer pets in arena. The damage absorption is not useful.

[Suggestions]: I feel this skill can be made similar to a Totem. Players standing near it, get some useful buffs like increased health/energy regeneration, skill cooldown speed, etc

ive suggested a better rework for this skill and it doesnt change the way it works alot. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

199708141_.png.11658fd8d449647fd5a08d7b08c92846.pngBranded by the Sun

[Review]: Good aoe aggro skill which gives a heal marker. Unfortunately, the heal marker might me taken up by a different part member, if their attack speed is higher.

[Suggestions]: As this is the only aggro skill in Templar's arsenal, the cooldown has to be reduced. In addition the 'Stigma' debuff could be changed to have effect similar to Paladin's "Sun Seal".

 

ye the fact that people can take the healing buff before you isnt just bad in pvp, its also bad in pve since you cant get the benefit from having magic to heal you as a tank. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Risc said:

 

330337039_.png.2928b7814662699988d452598d24e727.pngPower of the Heaven

[Review]: It gives decent buffs for either mace/staff build. However, it consumes lot of mana. Personally I prefer Merman equipment buffs than using this skill.

[Suggestions]: Its best to make this a passive skill.

 

this skill is good, but only at level 1 xd other levels cost so much mana and doesnt increase your hp and block enough compared to the mana you need to have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

templar is ok, the issue is power of heaven beside we have talent now for reducing mana consume is not enough ,templar consume a lot of mana. ,agro needs more effect with less skill point used it is the only agro its has for tanking.statue is the key of tanking mode and party proteccion raise hp and dmg adsorcion 30% at least max lv and reduce cooldown time for spawn statue or up time active .

 

Edited by Erta06
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

So, to sum up, you want your class to be buffed in every single aspect. No cons, not a single disadvantage 

 

No offense whatsoever, but I see little to no difference between having read this topic and reading a Sacred Book about a God. Maybe the only difference is that said Sacred Book is larger. 

I feel I have to reply on this as I am kind of annoyed.

The topic of this post is called 'Skill Improvements suggestions'. Not nerf everything you see on Templar.

If you had gone through my skill suggestions, I did in fact suggest a nerf for Harad's blessings to remove the damage and make it more support and make it something that procs on skills. 

 

'Sacred book of God'...which God did I exactly describe and preach about here? I know its not meant literally and I understand this post is not very balanced comparing pros and cons when compared to to other classes...but its quite stifling none the less given you had nothing to add, for some skills that really need improvements.

 

But for vast part of skills, I did suggest buffs on most skills. Now I have to very frank here....I have not requested ground breaking improvements or class overhauls that will make this Templar a new and improved Blade dancer or a Death knight! And frankly in my time here, whatever I generally suggest never gets considered. I say there is a high probability, this post is useless and Templar will not have any changes. But I am fine with that.

 

image.thumb.png.7cce61b36c4ac2a2e97dcd0328d4203a.png

At endgame having greatness/arena sets/merman gear, crafted gear, Guild buffs, talent system...Yes they ultimately buff not just Templar but any class for that matter. But you forget the fact, that grinding greatness takes time.

 

Now in my opinion having played in Sapphire, Emerald and Pearl server, there are very few Templar players overall. And this can be noted the lack of any new posts in Templar following skill rebalances announcement.
 

Yes, Templar is versatile. But its not that that good if we focus on a specific standard role of tanking, dps or healing.  The point I am trying to conclude with, is some of the improvements are needed atleast from new player or solo players perspective when grinding from Lv 1 to endgame.

 

Edited by Risc
Corrections
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Risc

 

I read the topic entirely and, if it's true that perhaps I could've been less harsh, it's also true that these suggestions are extremely unrealistic when it comes to an already pretty complete class. You basically want every single skill to work independently of how you build the class. You want those skills to be perfect; in other words, you described how a God should look like. (and now you see the reference about my sentence.)

 

You haven't said that Grace is the only skill which gives 22% of Attack and Def for free (you gotta just click on it...) whereas other dmg buffs give you 15% or 18%. You've got the 2nd best buff in terms of Expenses after BD's Power of Blades yet you want it buffed even more making it passive.

You haven't said that Reverse Flow (which can be casted from distance) is one of the few ground skills (Together with Weakness Totem) which is practically immune to the Resistence stats. Neither have you said how annoying it is in scenarios like Seals, where templars just need to approach the Capture Spot and cast it to make the conquer attempt futile for the adversaries, yet you want its CD reduced or the effect buffed. 

 

Skills you described as good in both PvP and PvE that should be buffed because... why not? 

 

I could agree with you with skills like Deity and that Staff User templars should be more versatile, but I disagree with your opinion about how making it come true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Risc said:

The topic of this post is called 'Skill Improvements suggestions'. Not nerf everything you see on Templar.

If you had gone through my skill suggestions, I did in fact suggest a nerf for Harad's blessings to remove the damage and make it more support and make it something that procs on skills. 

 

This thread can be summed up as "Buff everything you see on Templar"

 

9 hours ago, Risc said:

Now I have to very frank here....I have not requested ground breaking improvements or class overhauls that will make this Templar a new and improved Blade dancer or a Death knight!

 

Passive 22% damage, passive %block/penetration and %HP, 3 yard punch, lower CD on majority of skills, reworking an entire stat to better suit a single class.... You're basically going the bladedancer route

 

I know from actually talking with you that you dislike the class because it's nowhere near as good at one thing as other classes (per your words) but this isn't the way to go, mate

 

9 hours ago, Risc said:

At endgame having greatness/arena sets/merman gear, crafted gear, Guild buffs, talent system...Yes they ultimately buff not just Templar but any class for that matter. But you forget the fact, that grinding greatness takes time.

 

That IS the endgame though, grinding greatness and gradually improving what you can to further improve your overall survivability/damage capabilities on any class.

 

9 hours ago, Risc said:

And this can be noted the lack of any new posts in Templar following skill rebalances announcement.

 

Forum is not an appropriate showcase of the ingame population of players

 

9 hours ago, Risc said:

Yes, Templar is versatile. But its not that that good if we focus on a specific standard role of tanking, dps or healing.

 

Ever heard of "Jack of all trades, master of none"? Perfectly applies in this situation. Don't want to be a master of none? Pick one or two and work them to your hearts content. Diversity is a thing after all

 

9 hours ago, Risc said:

The point I am trying to conclude with, is some of the improvements are needed atleast from new player or solo players perspective when grinding from Lv 1 to endgame.

 

No improvement is "needed" to grind from level 1 to endgame, they'd make life somewhat easier for sure but it's not really a necessity so to say

 

Bottom line, I like some ideas, i've voiced similar ones in my own thread under Templar section too, taking an entirely more simplistic and up-to-norm easy changes to do to improve overall quality of templar gameplay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Higgings said:

@Risc

 

I read the topic entirely and, if it's true that perhaps I could've been less harsh, it's also true that these suggestions are extremely unrealistic when it comes to an already pretty complete class. You basically want every single skill to work independently of how you build the class. You want those skills to be perfect; in other words, you described how a God should look like. (and now you see the reference about my sentence.)

 

You haven't said that Grace is the only skill which gives 22% of Attack and Def for free (you gotta just click on it...) whereas other dmg buffs give you 15% or 18%. You've got the 2nd best buff in terms of Expenses after BD's Power of Blades yet you want it buffed even more making it passive.

You haven't said that Reverse Flow (which can be casted from distance) is one of the few ground skills (Together with Weakness Totem) which is practically immune to the Resistence stats. Neither have you said how annoying it is in scenarios like Seals, where templars just need to approach the Capture Spot and cast it to make the conquer attempt futile for the adversaries, yet you want its CD reduced or the effect buffed. 

 

Skills you described as good in both PvP and PvE that should be buffed because... why not? 

 

I could agree with you with skills like Deity and that Staff User templars should be more versatile, but I disagree with your opinion about how making it come true. 

 

@Higgings - Looking back, I apologize as my tone of the response was rude. Even thought you meant no disrespect, I was annoyed as I had thought long and hard before making this post. Now I feel whatever suggestions I made, were with mind they can achieve in short time frame.

As for the primary post, I have not mentioned any specific buff number Like 150% Magic Power or 200% magic power, etc 

If I really wanted to be perfect, I would rather suggest new skills. Having a dragon eye, Have double mace like Chief, add more burst skill, pets, and so on....Which is unrealistic, silly and waste of my time.

Perfection is an illusion. There is always scope of improvement for any skill, class or aspect. 

 

 

16 minutes ago, Hourai said:

 

This thread can be summed up as "Buff everything you see on Templar"

 

 

Passive 22% damage, passive %block/penetration and %HP, 3 yard punch, lower CD on majority of skills, reworking an entire stat to better suit a single class.... You're basically going the bladedancer route

 

I know from actually talking with you that you dislike the class because it's nowhere near as good at one thing as other classes (per your words) but this isn't the way to go, mate

 

 

That IS the endgame though, grinding greatness and gradually improving what you can to further improve your overall survivability/damage capabilities on any class.

 

 

Forum is not an appropriate showcase of the ingame population of players

 

Ever heard of "Jack of all trades, master of none"? Perfectly applies in this situation. Don't want to be a master of none? Pick one or two and work them to your hearts content. Diversity is a thing after all

 

 

No improvement is "needed" to grind from level 1 to endgame, they'd make life somewhat easier for sure but it's not really a necessity so to say

 

Bottom line, I like some ideas, i've voiced similar ones in my own thread under Templar section too, taking an entirely more simplistic and up-to-norm easy changes to do to improve overall quality of templar gameplay

@Hourai - With all due respect, I have not asked to buff every single skill in Templar. For example, I did not mention any buffs on Mantra of Healing or Onslaught. And whatever I asked was slight increases around Duration, Cd or scaling with physical/magical stats.

I have not asked for an increase in Damage stats in any of the skills. So I have no idea why you folks think this is a Buff for every skill on Templar.

 

Forum may not be the right reference for statistics of the game poulation...True...But it can measure some degree of Player interest based on views and post count in order to extrapolate how things are with a given class.

 

Let me share my experience. I have levelled both a Charmer and a Templar to end game without any help from guilds or friends (not that I have any) I have switched to +10 gear only after reaching 28+ But before that all my gear was just +1 to  +5. As part of the mandatory dungeons, I have found it easier to solo bg, T1 and T2 on Charmer. While with Templar...I have lost track of the minions, life scrolls I have burnt to complete the needful. So ultimately, I disagree with your statement "No improvement is "needed" to grind from level 1 to endgame".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Risc said:

@Hourai - With all due respect, I have not asked to buff every single skill in Templar. For example, I did not mention any buffs on Mantra of Healing or Onslaught. And whatever I asked was slight increases around Duration, Cd or scaling with physical/magical stats.

I have not asked for an increase in Damage stats in any of the skills. So I have no idea why you folks think this is a Buff for every skill on Templar.

 

Asking for an increase in duration/cd is still a buff, and scaling with phys/magic stats is an increase of damage stats theoretically, but with that aside, you're still asking only for positives, at no cost whatsoever, no compromise, and that just puts a bad idea on the suggestions in terms of balance.

 

3 minutes ago, Risc said:

Let me share my experience. I have levelled both a Charmer and a Templar to end game without any help from guilds or friends (not that I have any) I have switched to +10 gear only after reaching 28+ But before that all my gear was just +1 to  +5. As part of the mandatory dungeons, I have found it easier to solo bg, T1 and T2 on Charmer. While with Templar...I have lost track of the minions, life scrolls I have burnt to complete the needful. So ultimately, I disagree with your statement "No improvement is "needed" to grind from level 1 to endgame".

 

Yeah, I also levelled a +0 geared chieftain from 1 to 22 with never grouping up with anyone, managing to do even the hardest (gatekeeper) things alone, but that's not really a valid point in a game that brands itself as an MMORPG. A damage dealer isn't gonna be able to manage to tank some content, a tank isn't gonna be able to manage content in a timely manner and a healer is gonna struggle overall, that's just how it goes. On top of that, comparing two different types of classes is just out of the scope for a valid point, charmers can function as proper healers as well as reliable damage dealers thanks to their forever lasting dogs (if sitting in 1 area longer than 30 seconds, that is) whereas templars are map manipulators with their only way of healing being removal of aggro or stunning which isnt always applicable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hourai said:

 

Asking for an increase in duration/cd is still a buff, and scaling with phys/magic stats is an increase of damage stats theoretically, but with that aside, you're still asking only for positives, at no cost whatsoever, no compromise, and that just puts a bad idea on the suggestions in terms of balance.

 

 

Yeah, I also levelled a +0 geared chieftain from 1 to 22 with never grouping up with anyone, managing to do even the hardest (gatekeeper) things alone, but that's not really a valid point in a game that brands itself as an MMORPG. A damage dealer isn't gonna be able to manage to tank some content, a tank isn't gonna be able to manage content in a timely manner and a healer is gonna struggle overall, that's just how it goes. On top of that, comparing two different types of classes is just out of the scope for a valid point, charmers can function as proper healers as well as reliable damage dealers thanks to their forever lasting dogs (if sitting in 1 area longer than 30 seconds, that is) whereas templars are map manipulators with their only way of healing being removal of aggro or stunning which isnt always applicable

Hold on a second...I am not comparing Templar with Chieftain. Its with a similar hybrid class thats versatile. Yes both Templar and Charmer have their unique play style. But at the end of the day...the results matter irrespective of the path one takes. In that case, my skill improvements suggestions are I feel in line in making Templar more viable.

 

Now there is a difference between buffs and changes. Buffs are changes. But changes need not be buffs. And there is no rule here that states if I make a suggestion it has to have both a buff and a nerf.

 

I am not sure what is to gain from nerfing a class such as Templar that is barely okay in the current meta.

 

Anyway to conclude and possibly end this long chain....since the moderator has proclaimed the final judgement, I infer, that this post is considered "unrealistic, too perfect to implement" and a waste of my time overall. Thanks to other folks for hearing me out regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Risc said:

Hold on a second...I am not comparing Templar with Chieftain.

Neither was I, it was merely an example after you brought up "i levelled a charmer way easier than i did a templar".

 

18 minutes ago, Risc said:

Now there is a difference between buffs and changes. Buffs are changes. But changes need not be buffs. And there is no rule here that states if I make a suggestion it has to have both a buff and a nerf.

Your first sentence is right, there is indeed no rule about making a suggestion include both buffs and nerfs, it's just that only focusing on changing positively a class isn't gonna do much about overall balancing.

 

22 minutes ago, Risc said:

I am not sure what is to gain from nerfing a class such as Templar that is barely okay in the current meta.

Sigh

 

22 minutes ago, Risc said:

Anyway to conclude and possibly end this long chain....since the moderator has proclaimed the final judgement

Being a moderator has nothing to do with opinions posted on forum, quite literally the person is entitled to their opinion just as much as you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Risc said:

Anyway to conclude and possibly end this long chain....since the moderator has proclaimed the final judgement, I infer, that this post is considered "unrealistic, too perfect to implement" and a waste of my time overall. Thanks to other folks for hearing me out regardless.

 

Mine was a comment as every other one. It's my personal point of view and has got the same valour as anybody else's. As long as the tone is polite and we speak in a friendly environment, everybody can keep commenting. I just think that these ideas would make an already good class too strong, but that doesn't mean my point is right and yours is wrong. Someone may tell that I'm wrong and in that case I would just hear his points of why I'm wrong. This is how people politely conversate, and you will never see me stopping members from doing that, as long as the discussion matches with Forum Rules of Conduct. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/10/2021 at 17:11, Risc said:

Oi! Tudo.

 

Em vista de "[2021.10.15] Habilidade Rebalance. Notícias", decidi adicionar minhas idéias sobre sugestões de habilidades para os Templários.

Há cerca de um mês ... talvez mais, quando o reequilíbrio acontece. Logicamente, estou cético até que ponto qualquer uma das sugestões listadas será considerada / implementada dado o curto prazo ...

 

Para observar, o conteúdo abaixo é baseado na minha perspectiva. Os leitores são livres para concordar / discordar desta postagem. No entanto, provavelmente não responderei a nenhum comentário.: troll_face1:

 

Minhas sugestões serão baseadas na jogabilidade geral (subir de nível para 18, desbloquear os experts e finalmente chegar ao final do jogo) Sugestões gerais para a classe, foram anotadas depois de repassar cada habilidade.

 

Habilidades básicas

 

979255920_.png.d77b866f3f4c8ba020a44db71eb6cdbf.pngCulpa

[Revisão]: Esta habilidade brilha melhor com a equipe de uma perspectiva de dps. Ele adiciona um bom atordoamento se o alvo tiver pisado no efeito de área 'Toque da Verdade'. No entanto, é mais ou menos inútil para a construção de maça de uma perspectiva de dps.

[Sugestões]: Eu sinto que o dano deve ser escalonado com base nas estatísticas de ataque físico e mágico. Como a principal habilidade de dano ao iniciar, eu sinto que o Cooldown deve ser reduzido um pouco.

 

1469280852_.png.c1e55452c94122b6e348fc1a65cf8740.pngGraça

[Revisão]: Indiscutivelmente a habilidade de 'pão e manteiga' dos Templários. Oferece um aumento percentual muito bom para estatísticas físicas e mágicas. Sem mencionar a bela aura de animação. No entanto, o problema com isso é que não dura muito. O jogador tem que fazer spam constantemente, mesmo quando no máximo 5/5.

[Sugestões]: Eu sinto que não deve ser enviado spam repetidamente. Em relação ao jogo geral, sugiro qualquer uma das seguintes melhorias:

eu. Aumento na duração .... ou

ii. Faça disso uma habilidade passiva ... ou

iii. Habilidade com consumo constante de energia

 

1276560710_.png.b5d27f159ab5c499ba7d538ef950b598.pngSuporte de Combate

[Revisão]: É bastante útil agora em PVP e PVE, uma vez no máximo em 5/5.

[Sugestões]: Reduza o Resfriamento ou Aumente a duração da habilidade.

 

135673139_.png.bd47a4c57b624747ad17769ec595812f.pngRedemoinho de arrependimento

[Revisão]: A única habilidade aoe para Templários (excluindo habilidade de talento - 'Defesa no Ataque'). É útil apenas na construção de maça. E mais ou menos inútil ao usar pessoal.

[Sugestões]: Eu sinto que o dano deve ser escalonado com base nas estatísticas de ataque físico e mágico. E deve ser uma habilidade aoe à distância. Pois isso vai ajudar muito na hora de brincar com staff.

 

751914153_.png.cbd26426e483d49fefd7a952c3e45fdd.pngFluxo reverso

[Revisão]: A habilidade de marca registrada dos Templários. É bastante eficaz e divertido em guerras, pvp e Gvg.

[Sugestões]: O Cooldown deve ser reduzido ou a duração deve ser aumentada. Além disso, acho que o efeito push não deve ser resistido,

 

Habilidades especializadas

 

1116242223_.png.fa36a5fb589617b7d830cef0f2edd822.pngEnsinamentos de Harad

[Revisão]: Este passivo é completamente dependente dos procedimentos de atordoamento. Sem um atordoamento bem-sucedido, é inútil. A cura não é muito útil, dada a sua base na posição do personagem e uma pequena porcentagem de estatísticas mágicas. O dano é baseado na estatística de ataque físico, que é insignificante quando se joga com a equipe.

[Sugestões]: Em vez de depender do atordoamento, é melhor usar o buff procs baseado em várias habilidades usadas como as habilidades passivas de "Sobrecarga" do Mage ou "Ajuda do Clã" do Chieftain. Além disso, no lugar do proc de dano, eu sugeriria, a cura que ocorre também restaura energia além da saúde, dado o Templário, usa muita energia em suas habilidades.

 

557257349_.png.ff9f19a0818065ebd4fa915c3cf47833.pngMantra de Cura

[Revisão]: Geral muito situacional e bastante útil.

[Sugestões]: No meta atual, acho que está bom como está.

 

660029212_.png.36c80df81623c77e4268381b345fc8ee.pngToque da verdade

[Revisão]: É útil em PVP. No nível máximo, dá um período de silêncio razoável. No entanto, é melhor usado ao usar maça. Bastante inútil com o pessoal. Embora seja a abertura para obter o procedimento de atordoamento com Blame, o atordoamento em geral recebe muita resistência.

[Sugestões]: Esta habilidade deve se tornar variada. A fim de torná-lo aplicável ao jogar com a equipe. Além disso, acho que deveria ter um debuff para reduzir as estatísticas de defesa por um tempo limitado, para torná-lo mais viável para pve ou pvp.

 

2012445529_.png.b12ae091c52e4033c6791f19282a524c.pngGolaço

[Revisão]: A maior habilidade de explosão de alvo único para Templários ao usar maça. Usado com 'Fluxo reverso', ele causa um efeito 'pingue-pongue' no alvo (o que é divertido de observar quando procede !!). Infelizmente, é inútil para os jogadores da equipe de uma perspectiva de dps. O efeito de projeção é útil apenas se o alvo estiver dentro do alcance.

[Sugestão]: Acho que a faixa de uso deve ser aumentada para 2 a 3 jardas. E os danos devem ser escalonados tanto nas estatísticas físicas quanto nas mágicas.

 

103901581_.png.5a72b63a04e51561bd2bbd2a8bb0a375.pngEstátua de divindade

[Revisão]: É mais ou menos inútil em qualquer cenário. Além de ser uma espécie de isca quando usado em mobs em geral ou para distrair animais de estimação encantadores na arena. A absorção de danos não é útil.

[Sugestões]: Acho que essa habilidade pode ser semelhante a um Totem. Os jogadores que estiverem perto dela, ganham alguns buffs úteis, como aumento de saúde / regeneração de energia, velocidade de resfriamento de habilidade, etc.

 

199708141_.png.11658fd8d449647fd5a08d7b08c92846.pngMarcado pelo Sol

[Revisão]: Boa habilidade aggro aoe que dá um marcador de cura. Infelizmente, o marcador de cura pode ser assumido por um membro diferente, se sua velocidade de ataque for maior.

[Sugestões]: Como esta é a única habilidade aggro no arsenal dos Templários, o tempo de espera deve ser reduzido. Além disso, o debuff 'Stigma' pode ser alterado para ter um efeito semelhante ao "Selo do Sol" de Paladin.

 

453157190_.png.d7b0d0b0ef8b93cc09b929bffafe5b86.pngInvestida

[Revisão] Outra habilidade dps física muito boa. E uma lacuna muito necessária mais próxima para os Templários. Infelizmente, é inútil com o pessoal.

[Sugestão]: Infelizmente, não consigo pensar em nada para melhorá-lo. Dadas as outras habilidades, acho que está bom do jeito que está.

 

330337039_.png.2928b7814662699988d452598d24e727.pngPoder do céu

[Revisão]: Dá buffs decentes para a construção de maça / cajado. No entanto, ele consome muito mana. Pessoalmente, prefiro os aficionados por equipamento Merman do que usar essa habilidade.

[Sugestões]: É melhor tornar esta habilidade passiva.

 

1095871202_.png.25886492bf7ce75bc51106bcdd8ac26e.pngPartícula da vida

[Revisão]: Embora a IA do Pet possa exigir melhorias, é uma habilidade de dps muito boa que funciona em qualquer build.

[Sugestões]: No meta atual, acho que está bom como está.

 

Sugestões gerais sobre a jogabilidade dos Templários:

uma. O conjunto de habilidades dos Templários consome muita energia. Sugeriria se o consumo geral pode ser reduzido.

b. Templário, pelo que entendi, foi baseado em estatísticas de atordoamento e seus procedimentos de cura. Infelizmente, no meta atual, o atordoamento é facilmente resistido em geral. Como resultado, isso afeta a capacidade de sobrevivência da classe. Eu sugeriria um retrabalho da estatística de atordoamento em geral.

 

Acho que isso conclui meus pensamentos sobre este assunto. 

 

I agree that many of the skills can be "adaptable" so that they work in the class in both their Physical mode and Magic mode.

His physical form is currently "acceptable" in my opinion, still needing some improvements. But its magical mode is still much to be studied and improved. 

image.png.01713aa04f4b3aa925a323146a57645c.png
- Servidor BR-Turmaline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I do not have a Templar, but I see this class completely complete as it says higgings, it is also a class that does many stuns at all times, and if it is for buffs and those things they should give it to the priest or the druid of the forgotten that they are for pve and pvp, it also does excessive damage and is annoying for 1x1 2x2 and massive fights, it does a lot of support just by putting the vortex, and expelling all the enemies out and sneaking them apart and forcing them to be easier targets, the necromancer with the panic skill cannot do this because 1 hit can spoil the stun,
But if it is going to be a class that stuns all the time, the best thing is that it does little damage, because honestly it is excessive for the time that you are going to be stunned, and worse than when you are going to kill this class, they actives mantra skill of healing, and if you are one of the classes that hit little you will never be able to kill it, if you are a rogue or seeker it will annoy you with extra damage from the sand minion.

also the templar should have the same damage as the barbarian in skills according to the parameters, and that the barbarian has very few attack skills, and the templar has more, then if it is too buff to put more.

I say this because the barbarian's charge skill hits less than the templar's Onslaught skill and they are supposed to be of the same theme, only one skill stuns with lucky and the other slows movement speed.

 

On 10/24/2021 at 5:24 AM, Gustavo Azevedo said:

 

image.png.01713aa04f4b3aa925a323146a57645c.png

the templar is supposed to be physical not magical

 

There is another thing that I do not understand because to the new classes if they want to put buffs and more things than the classic ones, honestly the new ones are much better than the old ones.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...