Jump to content

Improvements on Templar Skills Mechanics


Neverdeath
 Share
Followers 2

Recommended Posts

Hello, I bring here two Ideas for Improvement of Expert Skill "Touch of Truth" and "Statue of Deity" of the Templar class.

 

TOUCH OF THE TRUTH

The Skill would have two functions. If the Templar is using Shield and Mace, the Skill would come out under the character, just like it is currently. And if the Templar was using Staff it would have a Radius of distance between (4-5 meters) where you could select the area to be used the Skill. Thus, making this Ability more useful in Faction Wars and Guild vs. Guild Battles. It would just be a change of mechanics that I believe would appeal to all players.

Example in the image.

 

DEITY STATUE

Where instead of absorbing automatic attack damage, It would decrease the damage taken to the Character and allies by a specific% between (10% -15% -25% -40%) of Players and Monsters. It would also become No damage when it was placed in an area.

For example, (The paladin's banner, Healing Totem, Weakness Totem that takes no damage)

 

Touch Of Truth Skill Example:

Polish_20210504_010452070.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nolan changed the title to Improvements on Templar Skills Mechanics

I like the touch of truth skill sure, but at this rate it'd be better to just make it either

1) castable on area, as you said, OR

2) you "hit" the enemy with it in range and after few seconds the skill appears below him, like Death knights curse

 

Imo, I lean towards the 2nd one because even the 1st one wouldn't make me use the skill

 

As for the statue, that would be cool but the numbers are simply too much if it goes that way. An idea of my own was to remove the damage reduction effect and make our statue give out shields to allies, like heal totem but shield wise. Would make it a cool defensive skill with more uses than simply negating % of dmg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 horas atrás, Hourai disse:

Eu gosto do toque da habilidade da verdade, mas nesse ritmo seria melhor apenas fazer

1) lançável na área, como você disse, OU

2) você "acerta" o inimigo com ela ao alcance e depois de alguns segundos a habilidade aparece abaixo dele, como a maldição dos Cavaleiros da Morte

 

Imo, inclino-me para o 2º porque mesmo o 1º não me faria usar a habilidade

 

Quanto à estatua, seria legal, mas os números são simplesmente muitos se for assim. Uma ideia minha era remover o efeito de redução de danos e fazer nossa estatua distribuir escudos para aliados, como totem de cura, mas em termos de escudo. Seria uma ótima habilidade defensiva com mais utilidades do que simplesmente negar% de dmg

The Second Touch of Truth Skill Option would also be better than it currently is, but it would have to have a range of 5-6 meters.

About your Idea of the Deity Statue, I found it very interesting, it would be very useful for every sentinel faction that will help a lot to balance the combat of the Faction Wars and the Guild vs Guild event, because the Legion side currently has a Dmg, stun and Heals very high in area.
I hope that one of these ideas reaches the administrator and is put into practice.
Edited by Neverdeath
Link to post
Share on other sites

These are excellent ideas, I believe that the Templar would have a much greater performance and usefulness in these battles if some adjustments were made to the skills indicated. The Templar currently basically serves only to flow and disperse enemies, so they can be more effective on the battlefield

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Neverdeath said:
The Second Touch of Truth Skill Option would also be better than it currently is, but it would have to have a range of 5-6 meters.

Yeah, 5 yards seems like it'd be a good compromise.

 

16 minutes ago, Lenda do Warspear said:

The Templar currently basically serves only to flow and disperse enemies

This is much more useful in combat than some people make it out to be. You can split a team with some solid placement of skills, and that's priceless for a class to be able to break a team like that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hourai said:

Yeah, 5 yards seems like it'd be a good compromise.

 

This is much more useful in combat than some people make it out to be. You can split a team with some solid placement of skills, and that's priceless for a class to be able to break a team like tha

I believe that all classes go through a modification one day, and it would not be a bad idea to do it this time with the Templar

Edited by Lenda do Warspear
Link to post
Share on other sites

game also deflected by an instant healing for the Templar. for the power class it can handle the turrets better. and increases the damage of the skills

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Excelent idea !!! 

 

this would make players more excited and satisfied with the game and the Templar would be more useful in group battles

Edited by Khrone
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i agree, this would be of great use to the elves , because just as the area of lock q is selectable and the silence in area and decreases 80% of the magic defense, we would have in the elves something to equal the so many debuff that legionnaires have

Edited by Druizz
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Neverdeath said:

Hello, I bring here two Ideas for Improvement of Expert Skill "Touch of Truth" and "Statue of Deity" of the Templar class.

 

TOUCH OF THE TRUTH

The Skill would have two functions. If the Templar is using Shield and Mace, the Skill would come out under the character, just like it is currently. And if the Templar was using Staff it would have a Radius of distance between (4-5 meters) where you could select the area to be used the Skill. Thus, making this Ability more useful in Faction Wars and Guild vs. Guild Battles. It would just be a change of mechanics that I believe would appeal to all players.

Example in the image.

 

DEITY STATUE

Where instead of absorbing automatic attack damage, It would decrease the damage taken to the Character and allies by a specific% between (10% -15% -25% -40%) of Players and Monsters. It would also become No damage when it was placed in an area.

For example, (The paladin's banner, Healing Totem, Weakness Totem that takes no damage)

 

Touch Of Truth Skill Example:

Polish_20210504_010452070.png

here's something that can really be improved, more than just criticizing used some examples q how it can be improved, congratulations great initiative

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great suggestion! There are still other aspects to improve in the Templar Class, however with this change the use of Staff would make something more viable for those who want to give support / control over long distance, not leaving the class totally dependent only on the "Reverse Flow" to give support to the group !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neverdeath said:

Hello, I bring here two Ideas for Improvement of Expert Skill "Touch of Truth" and "Statue of Deity" of the Templar class.

 

TOUCH OF THE TRUTH

The Skill would have two functions. If the Templar is using Shield and Mace, the Skill would come out under the character, just like it is currently. And if the Templar was using Staff it would have a Radius of distance between (4-5 meters) where you could select the area to be used the Skill. Thus, making this Ability more useful in Faction Wars and Guild vs. Guild Battles. It would just be a change of mechanics that I believe would appeal to all players.

Example in the image.

 

DEITY STATUE

Where instead of absorbing automatic attack damage, It would decrease the damage taken to the Character and allies by a specific% between (10% -15% -25% -40%) of Players and Monsters. It would also become No damage when it was placed in an area.

For example, (The paladin's banner, Healing Totem, Weakness Totem that takes no damage)

 

Touch Of Truth Skill Example:

Polish_20210504_010452070.png

 good idea 👀

Link to post
Share on other sites

touch of the truth I think it's a good skill as it is, something similar to the panic of necromancers, you need to expose yourself to get results.

 

the statue can really improve, but the values are quite high, perhaps leaving the current values, just modifying to reduce all the damage is more consistent, after all templario is already one of the best classes on the sentinel side for massive battles.

 

I wanted to see how a staff templar with a focus on healing comes out, after all it has two very good healing skills, which could do a lot different in a gvg, but to date I haven't seen any templars focused on us.  much of the support potential of the class wasted only because people think damage is better.

_______

what you really need is some improvements to druids and wardens to make them work better in massive fights.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hora atrás, Rhaast disse:

toque da verdade acho que é uma boa habilidade do jeito que é, algo parecido com o pânico dos necromantes, você precisa se expor para obter resultados.

 

a estatua pode realmente melhorar, mas os valores são bastante altos, talvez saindo dos valores atuais, apenas modificar para reduzir todos os danos é mais consistente, afinal o templário já é uma das melhores classes do lado sentinela para condições massivas.

 

Eu queria ver como um templário com foco na cura sai, afinal ele tem duas habilidades de cura muito boas, que pode fazer muito diferente em um gvg, mas até agora eu não vi nenhum templário focado em nós. muito do potencial de suporte da classe desperdiçado apenas porque as pessoas acham que o dano é melhor.

_______

o que você realmente precisa é de algumas melhorias para druidas e guardas para fazê-los funcionar melhor em lutas massivas.

 

 

Yes, Touch of Truth is a very good Ability, however its mechanics must be changed so that the Character can also cast it in a selected area. And it doesn't compare with the Necromancer's Panic Ability, because the two have different functions. For example, Panic's Ability is just for you to use it when an Enemy comes close to you and so using it can make the enemy get away from your character.

 

About the Templar's healing skills, they are good but are not that effective for massive combat. Compared to the Skills of the Shaman who has a Healing Totem that will restore the lives of several players several times. So, this Statue Adjustment applying a higher damage absorption, or a Shield would be more to balance the Sentinels' Defensive Abilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting making the word of truth a skill launchable would help the Templars to use more staff in pvp which is currently irrelevant to a Templar, I also thought of a way to improve the flow as an analog to the warlock's circle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhaast said:

I wanted to see how a staff templar with a focus on healing comes out, after all it has two very good healing skills, which could do a lot different in a gvg, but to date I haven't seen any templars focused on us.  much of the support potential of the class wasted only because people think damage is better.

 

I played a staff templar for a majority of time, with absolute bis gear +10 charmed, and the support potential of the class is still bad. Sure, 4/4 passive heals my team for 933 per stun and I lose the damage from whirlwind, punch, charge and minion's first hit.

Staff templar group support was killed as soon as they made the shield 275% of magic & physical, and hybrid support works better both on offense and defence. Each of my stuns heal 513 on my hybrid pvp setup and i still can help my partners to a respectable degree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neverdeath said:

About the Templar's healing skills, they are good but are not that effective for massive combat. Compared to the Skills of the Shaman who has a Healing Totem that will restore the lives of several players several times. So, this Statue Adjustment applying a higher damage absorption, or a Shield would be more to balance the Sentinels' Defensive Abilities.

I don't think it is possible to compare the healing of the Templar with the healing totem of the shaman, even because Templar has many other tools for combat, which are different from the shaman.
but if you join the classes that are already available on the sentinel side, you would have several options for healing in the area, even though few shamans are not so relevant, they are strong only in large numbers. and even if the cure is low it can be applied many times in a short time, depending on the number of stunning you do.

I am not saying that the statue does not deserve any improvement, even because of the skills of the Templar, this is perhaps the weakest.
just like the chief has his useless skills, but this is a subject for another place.

59 minutes ago, Hourai said:

 

I played a staff templar for a majority of time, with absolute bis gear +10 charmed, and the support potential of the class is still bad. Sure, 4/4 passive heals my team for 933 per stun and I lose the damage from whirlwind, punch, charge and minion's first hit.

I believe that in a massive fight the damage to unique Templar targets, which are largely physical are of little relevance, so having more healing in a gvg would be much more effective, the only negative point would be not having damage from the tornado. anyway the cure and not having to expose yourself in the midst of enemies would be a great help for the templar to live longer and help with healings and stuns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rhaast said:

I believe that in a massive fight the damage to unique Templar targets, which are largely physical are of little relevance, so having more healing in a gvg would be much more effective, the only negative point would be not having damage from the tornado. anyway the cure and not having to expose yourself in the midst of enemies would be a great help for the templar to live longer and help with healings and stuns.

 

In a massive fight the staff templar will not be close to anything to get any stuns aside flow, thus rendering its usefulness far lower than you think, both on the damage and the support part. In my opinion it's a class to be played frontline and hybrid, and become the deciding factor of the battlefield, not someone who sit's behind and heals

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
×
×
  • Create New...