[2024.02.29] Contest "Best Costume - 2024". Results!

• Administrators

image.png

Warriors!

Dozens of your excellent entries have truly sparked some heated debates among the jury! But now that the whole week is behind, we’re finally ready to announce the winners of the Best Costume Contest 2024!

In addition to the three main prizes, it was decided to award additional prizes to the authors of incredible works that deserve your attention, they will receive 5000 Miracle Coins:

Capybara Sonolenta by @Wwkk

Guerreiro do Barril by @SoRcaRtoA
Jubileu by @Biscatinha

Inquisitor of Chaos by @Godless

Oropher by @Oropher

Hell's Gate Guardian by @Sigma

Time Traveler by @MagicSpace

Guerreiro Amazonense by @Zheret

Ancient Dragon Hunter by @Disgusted

We are also glad to reward the works of the authors, who undoubtedly set the tone for the contest, they will be sent 10000 Miracle Coins:

Night Vigilant Costume by @Shax

The Sealed Demon by @Arinar

Estudante da Primavera by @oiguigui

Protector by @Jaguard

Elemental Energy by @Smiley

Pyrostegia by @YaraM

Illusions Garden Deceiver by @100xp

And, of course, there are three winners!

3rd place: 

Kung-Fu Rooster by @Ahmedic

R2 (1).gifR1 (1).gif

2nd place:

Azemon by @Ricardo Neto

Untitled 02-20-2024 07-32-25 (3).gif

1st place:

Waddles by @Zurp

image.png

As a sign of gratitude, the rest of the participants, whose works comply with the conditions of participation, will receive an incentive prize - 10 Dazzling Carnival Caches!

Thank you for participating and see you in new contests!

The Warspear Online Team

So the winner is duck costume . So im selling duck walking cane skin for higher price at eu emerald pm me😜

• Robin changed the title to [2024.02.29] Contest "Best Costume - 2024". Results!

I do have a question. What do people use to make these costumes? I hope to practice and make my own costumes for future contests

3 hours ago, Drakoslayd said:

I do have a question. What do people use to make these costumes? I hope to practice and make my own costumes for future contests

Any drawing/photoshop app works, but there are some specifically for pixel art. I have used Piskel (free) and Aseprite (paid) to make my costumes. Not sure which apps are best if you only have a mobile device. Any app where you can use layers should work fine.

10 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Any drawing/photoshop app works, but there are some specifically for pixel art. I have used Piskel (free) and Aseprite (paid) to make my costumes. Not sure which apps are best if you only have a mobile device. Any app where you can use layers should work fine.

Thank you! I better get to practicing soon

So funny and in the same time great works won in the contest, it’s cool:crocoduck:

В 01.03.2024 в 22:56, Drakoslayd сказал:

Try Photoshop, like create a project ~30x45 px, then zoom in to the max, and press ctrl+H to hide a pixel grid. Then you can conviniently draw your pixel art, using not only pencil, but brushes too (to create really voluminous and impressive elements).

Also don't forget to use some references, like screenshots from the game in order not to deviate from the original style of Warspear. Put your references in the Photoshop and look at them from time to time

Finally i can see duck in game!:duc1ky:

19 hours ago, Zidlont said:

Try Photoshop, like create a project ~30x45 px, then zoom in to the max, and press ctrl+H to hide a pixel grid. Then you can conviniently draw your pixel art, using not only pencil, but brushes too (to create really voluminous and impressive elements).

Also don't forget to use some references, like screenshots from the game in order not to deviate from the original style of Warspear. Put your references in the Photoshop and look at them from time to time

my personal ideas are to go with each factions themes and go with that.

for example forsaken with Roman Empire + Mordor themes. sallets with crests and prominent symbols on cape while having metal, reds, and purples.

after all the medieval period wasn't dark and damp. 

15 часов назад, Drakoslayd сказал:

my personal ideas are to go with each factions themes and go with that.

for example forsaken with Roman Empire + Mordor themes. sallets with crests and prominent symbols on cape while having metal, reds, and purples.

after all the medieval period wasn't dark and damp. 

Cool. Good luck with that. Photoshop is the best option to this kind of pixel art