[2014.08.05] In development: control points

Peter_Munk

village-blacksmith-drawing.jpg

It's been a while since we were discussing our projects and now we want to talk to you about our new one: control points. First of all, we want to notice that at the moment it's just a concept, even though we are working on it pretty intensively and it has all chances to be released in Warspear. That's why all the questions about details (why, when, where, what bonus in percents exactly, etc.) you better keep for some other time. On the other hand, your opinion about this whole idea and your suggestions are hotly welcoming.

What control points are?

Control points – are special locations where players of opposite game alliances have to fight in massive PvP-battles. What makes the difference with current Arena?

1. Massive battles

A huge number of players will be taking part in fights for control points (up to hundreds) and it will become a new step in PvP-battles in Warspear. There will be massive and enduring fights, mostly arranged by players (you were asking for it multiple times, by the way). We already had a similiar spontaneous experience of massive PvP on Halloween once :) To see how it looked - click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar19BWvtph0

2. Different fighting scenario

Battles will have a different scenario which will require a lot of players, good coordination and correct distribution of different roles. Capturing the spot will be divided on a few steps and each one will demand a certain tactics. At first you will have to ruin a neutral object on the spot. After this, another one, which belongs to the alliance who ruined previous will appear. The second one needs to be protected from the opposite alliance for a certain amount of time. In case of successful defence, winning alliance gets full control over control point.

8609874.jpg

3.  Participants

We are planning that every player will be able to take part in fighting for control points. No matter of skills and equipment, they will find their role.

4. Special awards

Alliance, who captured the control point, will get a bonus that will be active for all time of having control over control point (several hours, due to our plans). In case if an alliance will capture several points, effect will be summed up. Hence, all players of alliance which will be more effective in capturing and defending control points will get an immense (but temporary) advantage. Apart from that, we will possibly perform another bounty also (access to special quests, mini-bosses respawn, etc). But we have to discuss it separately.

The numbers of attempts of taking the control points and also the time of keeping them will be limited. Most likely it will be possible to do several times per day (we are still thinking about mechanics).

The control points will be located in a places with easy access and equally close to respawn points for both alliances.

So far, this is the main information about control points and we would like to discuss this project with all players. Looking forward for your opinion in comments.

AIGRIND team

"Capture the flag" wow was time...

(also if you guys gonna make it real,

a) you have to remove the revive on place option, or it wont have any fun.

B) make certain skills (like shamans shield, druid link, and/or other skills that will be added in feature to work without party in that place. since it wont be sucsesfull to target party members in 100player chaos) )

eh good :)

hmmm. seems pretty interesting. just a sugestion, why wouldnt u make it a guild vs. guild. like, wth the control points main issue, every team i mean diff guilds will be grouped together with the same faction.. atleast another tourney having guilds to have chance to participate. tired of sithlords always winning over and over again. i dunno if you can get my idea though :/

• Developer

hmmm. seems pretty interesting. just a sugestion, why wouldnt u make it a guild vs. guild. like, wth the control points main issue, every team i mean diff guilds will be grouped together with the same faction.. atleast another tourney having guilds to have chance to participate. tired of sithlords always winning over and over again. i dunno if you can get my idea though :/

This feature is for all players, even non-guild ones.

Absolutely we'll make something for guilds (like guild fights, but little bit later)

And the overpopulated faction wins. Its obviously the . . . . . .

Not that easy! Come on!

"Capture the flag" wow was time...

(also if you guys gonna make it real,

a) you have to remove the revive on place option, or it wont have any fun.

B) make certain skills (like shamans shield, druid link, and/or other skills that will be added in feature to work without party in that place. since it wont be sucsesfull to target party members in 100player chaos) )

We are accepting suggestions!

guilds vs. guild real fight. omg

i more thing. hmm. honestly. ittl be harder as you can imagine. frst with the unbalanced skills? palas banner? wat if 100 pala group together? or 100 rangers? cant imagine the damage. 1 more thing. necros/priest will be so useless in here. i think more useless for necro. imagine?? 50+ people running? i mean. wtf? who will i heal. cant even click heal properly sometimes with 5 pt member. troll xD

.e

hmmm. thinking of the brighter side, i guess ill start making pala now so ill be ready soon xD

This sounds really really good to me :) maybe add a main massive checkpoint witch gives more and greater bonuses so more players will battle that main checkpoint.. And maybe also make something for low lvls on first island that'd be very great :)

Lag + 200 players in map more lag + most chars now got aoe skills with big damage i dont see how this new feature will work...

Maybe limit the players number and ban some OP skills

And ffs dont tell me revive option will be available if it will then this update will be an attempt to make rich players spend money for revive xD

peter good you could make a site which has a boss and everyone is trying to kill him, meanwhile a guild or even more than a vain attempt which defends this right boss. the guild that takes over the life of the boss will be in front. the guild which let's say is the current defending champion tries this boss until the time came to end, so the boss of course would have to have much hp and argue that this guild will have to have a point to revive perto.a guild that came to get more life and boss kills more menbros guild that defending the boss earn prizes my suggestion is that this should happen on Sunday why many oucupado station during the week else it would be a very epic war for everybody vain attempts to kill this logical boss that you're not going to like most is the idea :) sorry for bad english.

guilds vs. guild real fight. omg

i more thing. hmm. honestly. ittl be harder as you can imagine. frst with the unbalanced skills? palas banner? wat if 100 pala group together? or 100 rangers? cant imagine the damage. 1 more thing. necros/priest will be so useless in here. i think more useless for necro. imagine?? 50+ people running? i mean. wtf? who will i heal. cant even click heal properly sometimes with 5 pt member. troll xD

.e

hmmm. thinking of the brighter side, i guess ill start making pala now so ill be ready soon xD

let me update u...

Dk = Death call & Steel hurricane

Warlock = Dark Circle & Pool of Darkness

Necromancer = Fatefull Connection & Poisonus shield & Infection

Shaman = Earthquake & Fire Totem

Bladedancer = Rush & Sonic Boom

Druid = Forest Song & Tornado

Ranger = Hail of Arrows

Paladin = Feather of Justice & Illumination & Harads Banner

Priest = Harads Tears

Mage = Time Wrap & Shattered Stones & Illusory Chains & Blazing Ground

Rogue no aoe = none invite

Barbarian no aoe = none invite

In a massive pvp area, i find necromancer a pretty good option.

you guys have any idea about when it will happen? over a suggestion about you guys could make some guild where a guild is defending his territory while all other attacks that have and the guild that got more kills whoever defends and know it perhaps a boss in the guild that takes more lives takes prize could well make time where they could not come to the guild that defends continues with the award or something like that .. the war could sort happens on Sunday morning or afternoon and so happen not only a war between one or two guild but all would like and would be a clear win epic war that is very similar to what you guys want to do with a few different things :) I have a lot of suggestions about it xD google translator

Any commas maybe?

AoE damage reduction

AoE taunt

i was only concidering stuns n dmg skills. But if u wanna, then lets add Light Aura from paladins and Valor Aura from priests :P

Was the picture not enough to let the joke pass through?

Over the point of topic now, I can only say don't make the crossing entrance less than 3 yards, else you're having incoming "lock circle nerf" topics, y"get it?

Over the point of topic now, I can only say don't make the crossing entrance less than 3 yards, else you're having incoming "lock circle nerf" topics, y"get it?

It wont help, there can be several warlocks. We are thinking about it

Havent opened the pic. Im from phone...Συγνώμη :(

And if they use the area shown in video (or create similars) there will be no broblem..

awesome but it will be more great if this  :diablo:  betwwen in server  :snorlax:  i talk abt Server war  :friends:

Arenaxradio thats a bad idea.... I dont wanna see russians nuking us... Dont forget they have kuzmitch n snorlax playing there xD

(will be fun seeing hassn spam revives tho..)

It wont help, there can be several warlocks. We are thinking about it

Several or not, make it something that won't be dominated by aoe stuns, you can do it

Havent opened the pic. Im from phone...Συγνώμη :(

And if they use the area shown in video (or create similars) there will be no broblem..

Its cool

Yeah, I'd say Horror Circus area of two years ago was cool, hope we see similarities in the incoming Halloween too

Plz for low levels too something lvl 4-6 needs tavern or something like that from snow bund and Halloween

Yes i agree.. And without giving xp for those quests. Low lvls need to cancel them after...