Last hope & Thoughts on rogue rebalance

Shax

This will most likely be my last post here, It just seems useless to further say anything about rogue as rebalance just showed alot of issues have not been addressed. For a class that has been complained about pretty much the most, people had much higher expectations in terms of buffs/reworks

Just gonna talk about main buffs and the problems they didnt fix as rebalance is still going:

1st. Absolute reflexes: decent addition to rogue's survivability, basically mage barrier but with dodges. However the numbers are slightly off. You are able to gurantee dodge 1 hit and that dodge lasts 0.7 sec after that, there is a 4 sec cd, that is enough for rogue to be finished. the issue is 0.7 sec is not enough to dodge significant amount of dmg as rogue doesn't have any dmg reduction skill or shield to help with it, so after dodging, needs to atleast stay for 1.5sec and its talent increase that duration by 0.5 sec. 

2. Tirelessness talent: the worst rework I've ever layed my eyes on. It's one of the main 3 talents for rogue and needs so much grind to get -5 accuracy on enemy's hits lol Absolutely a joke. -5 accuracy makes literally no difference as anyone can put 1-2 accuracy enchants in gears and that talent is useless. Even if they dont, -5 accuracy wont make much difference and for a talent thats suppose to be a main talent, this is a good way to give a trailer to starter rogues that this class isn't worth it. The previous talent was useless and you had 1 whole year only to replace it with another useless talent. Needs immediate change to 10% dmg reduction or raising that accuracy decrease to -15%. 

These two are my most concerns about the rebalance. Furthermore alot of issues remains about rogue that you have again neglected and will send rogue into another year of being behind such as:

-Dodge skill is still stuck at 10 secs when it needs to be 15 secs. This was in every suggestion post but wasn't fixed

-kick in the back skill is just outdated now and needs another debuff power to it like dmg reduction debuff or perhaps make it that it increases dodge duration if dodge is active. Atleast it will fix dodge duration being short and make kick useful again.

-Poison skill animation is still ridiculously long and people said to decrease animation time yet remains a problem 

-Rogues heal being 15% makes no sense, as lifesteal gives you more heal, its just useless, you can literally test how weak that heal is. Increase to 20-25% heal atleast

Those are my main thoughts on the rebalance and issues that still remains with rogue. I thought to share them here while rebalance is still in progress. Otherwise if no any additional fixes would be made, this will be my last post here and will slowly stop playing the game and supporting it financially. I do wish the game the best and to be more vocal and transparent in the future when it comes to these rebalances as people are leaving more and more due to the lack of response from concerns and cold shoulder

Chill, if we are Lucky, in the part two of the announcement, they will drop more changes..

because, indeed, there are a LOT that need to be changed in the classes, not only those that we already saw.

Hope on that part two they really bring us more changes about the skills, and not just the snow map..

always end up in the same thing.

The preview that is supposed to being an spoiler end up showing everything planned :nap1:

Our fight isn't over yet. Rogue needs to be good otherwise we will lose our best rogues because they will switch classes. We are counting on test server participants now. The mechanisms shown in Part I weren't so bad but the numbers are terrible. We need to massively improve them.

1 hour ago, vavavi said:

Wanting a mage barrier but one that lasts triple the time, lul

icon_skill_storm_of_arrows.png Hail of Arrows: An attack that deals physical damage to an opponent in the amount of P% of the character's physical strength and 50% of this damage to all opponents within a radius of 1 yards. It is impossible to evade the attack. Maximum number of player targets is Y, the limit on the number of monster targets is X.
icon_talent_138.png Blood Lotus: The "Vengeful Shot" skill cannot be blocked or dodged.
image.png Streamlined Shot: The "Pathfinder Arrow" skill cannot be blocked or dodged.

And the bleed effects.

Mage's barrier absorbs all dmg. In conclusion, Mage's barrier is better. Yes, the excessive duration can be problematic, but it needs to be improved.

3 hours ago, Laevateinn said:

icon_skill_storm_of_arrows.png Hail of Arrows: An attack that deals physical damage to an opponent in the amount of P% of the character's physical strength and 50% of this damage to all opponents within a radius of 1 yards. It is impossible to evade the attack. Maximum number of player targets is Y, the limit on the number of monster targets is X.
icon_talent_138.png Blood Lotus: The "Vengeful Shot" skill cannot be blocked or dodged.
image.png Streamlined Shot: The "Pathfinder Arrow" skill cannot be blocked or dodged.

And the bleed effects.

Mage's barrier absorbs all dmg. In conclusion, Mage's barrier is better. Yes, the excessive duration can be problematic, but it needs to be improved.

Don't forget about the fact that mage is a ranged class with a bloody resistance skill. And yet they have some dedicated talents focusing on defensive mechanisms more specifically resistance.

Rogue is a melee class. We are ready to put some resistance in our equipments which will definitely cost us so much HP and even dodge parameter. All because it seems like they haven't planned to give us resistance mechanisms.

So, even if we ask for something better than mage's barrier (maybe duration or other technicalities), it should be understandable. But again, I can understand some people find it very hard to see things from rogue's perspective and some even intentionally keep playing the But-rogue-gets-huge-damage-bonus-from-stealth Card.

7 hours ago, vavavi said:

Wanting a mage barrier but one that lasts triple the time, lul

In theory, it should be even better than the mage.

We're talking about a class with no chance to evade stuns 

Everytime i look at rogue skills i cringe of how outdated and sluggish its skills are compared to all other classes, a 2015 stuck class lol every year goes by it becomes even more outdated, its like a cute useless class to afk with now

1 hour ago, Theweasel said:

In theory, it should be even better than the mage.

We're talking about a class with no chance to evade stuns 

People just like to ignore stealth existing, idk why, it's so strong both offensively and defensively. Even this length is way more abusable for rogues than mages since they can just wait the cd in stealth. 

Rogues got a massive defensive buff for pvp and a massive dmg buff for PvE, but still all the rogues just complain. How can you even take it seriously at this point lol.

Edited by vavavi

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

People just like to ignore stealth existing, idk why, it's so strong both offensively and defensively. Even this length is way more abusable for rogues than mages since they can just wait the cd in stealth. 

Rogues got a massive defensive buff for pvp and a massive dmg buff for PvE, but still all the rogues just complain. How can you even take it seriously at this point lol.

As far i know , rogues stealth cant resist stuns.

Cant use steatlh while stunned.

Plus has many counters, because "certain" faction cried that is unfair that rogues can "hide", that also  "bladedancers should have it too" :t10:that was about 2013 - 2017

And boom any idiot can cancels stealth, and To salt the wound devs  added castle pots...

Luckily the next update are going to give to rogues and seekers a chance to hide properly without cancel their "defensive" skill that you are trying to say

21 hours ago, vavavi said:

Devs don't always make the right decision every update and we rogues have learned from that and that's why we keep "complaining".

We have pointed out several things to devs

1. Absolute Reflexes don't work at all

2. Tirelessness talent is completely useless

3. We can't put resistance in our equipments because they are directly in conflict we our only defence, dodge.

Now they are trying to give us Mage's barrier and we appreciate that but we are not mages and there is no reason to think that what is sufficient for mages will do as good for rogue.

We haven't forgotten when devs initally gave us these numbers for our first key talents

1. Tirelessness: Jump had 50% (70% after "complaining") chance of reuse without cooldown

2. Thirst for murder: Guaranteed crit for all attacks by rogue against enemies with hp below 15% (20% after "complaining") when Extermination is in effect.

The testers complained about the numbers being too low and they increased them even tho they are not that good anymore, but still, what if we didn't complain.

And also, don't forget that our permanent skill used to increase any damage against us by 20%-8% before they realized (after some time) that it was terrible for us.

Clearly, we have all rights to suspect they are not making the best decision for us just like they did several times before. And there is no point arguing in the threads anymore. Let us rogues remind each other to test everything comprehensively and DO complain and elaborate when the numbers don't work because from what we see for now, they won't work.

It's hard not to complain when we have been the weakest and unwanted class for more than a year now. Our best rogues are leaving their class and even the game. Try to picture these few people in the forum complaining about rogues are literally the only ones trying to save the whole class from extinction. Don't just view us as the Karens of the game. You don't walk in our shoes, we don't expect you to. So expect the least from us when you try to stop us from "complaining".

Cheers

1 hour ago, Muzanka said:

They were able to test the new rogue... hahaha it's useless, it would be better if they hadn't even touched it

Thanks to devs making a new rogue passive.. i survived from many atks and escape.. but the duration was too low 0.7 secs is not enough for pvp.. i was expecting around 1 sec..my wish is they should make it atleast 1 sec duration.. then tirelessness talent gives additional 0.5 sec reflex.. duration it was too lame in pvp 0.7 dodge

6 hours ago, Toad Sage said:

Devs don't always make the right decision every update and we rogues have learned from that and that's why we keep "complaining".

We have pointed out several things to devs

1. Absolute Reflexes don't work at all

2. Tirelessness talent is completely useless

3. We can't put resistance in our equipments because they are directly in conflict we our only defence, dodge.

Now they are trying to give us Mage's barrier and we appreciate that but we are not mages and there is no reason to think that what is sufficient for mages will do as good for rogue.

We haven't forgotten when devs initally gave us these numbers for our first key talents

1. Tirelessness: Jump had 50% (70% after "complaining") chance of reuse without cooldown

2. Thirst for murder: Guaranteed crit for all attacks by rogue against enemies with hp below 15% (20% after "complaining") when Extermination is in effect.

The testers complained about the numbers being too low and they increased them even tho they are not that good anymore, but still, what if we didn't complain.

And also, don't forget that our permanent skill used to increase any damage against us by 20%-8% before they realized (after some time) that it was terrible for us.

Clearly, we have all rights to suspect they are not making the best decision for us just like they did several times before. And there is no point arguing in the threads anymore. Let us rogues remind each other to test everything comprehensively and DO complain and elaborate when the numbers don't work because from what we see for now, they won't work.

It's hard not to complain when we have been the weakest and unwanted class for more than a year now. Our best rogues are leaving their class and even the game. Try to picture these few people in the forum complaining about rogues are literally the only ones trying to save the whole class from extinction. Don't just view us as the Karens of the game. You don't walk in our shoes, we don't expect you to. So expect the least from us when you try to stop us from "complaining".

Cheers

Rogues aren't even that weak. They're the highest burst dmg pvp wise in the game, before update atleast, then bd will take that throne.

Watching these complaints, it seems like you people want a skill that makes you immortal in a situation where your char is supposed to be weak at. Assassin type classes aren't meant to be strong at fighting classes that specialize in brawler type gameplay head on, such as chiefs/bds/reapers/barbs. Now you got a huge defensive buff to cover that weakness, and cause it doesn't make rogue completely immortal, theres complaining. It's the exact same way how people complain about dodge. Yes, dodge alone won't make you immortal, like any other stat, but it's a really good defensive buff. 

This update buffed rogue so much, to a point where pvp wise it easily is better than seekers probably ever were, for sure better than they are now with update. And the same ppl who said seekers are broken now complain the same power level isn't enough for rogue. It's just funny.

2 hours ago, vavavi said:

Rogues aren't even that weak. They're the highest burst dmg pvp wise in the game, before update atleast, then bd will take that throne.

Watching these complaints, it seems like you people want a skill that makes you immortal in a situation where your char is supposed to be weak at. Assassin type classes aren't meant to be strong at fighting classes that specialize in brawler type gameplay head on, such as chiefs/bds/reapers/barbs. Now you got a huge defensive buff to cover that weakness, and cause it doesn't make rogue completely immortal, theres complaining. It's the exact same way how people complain about dodge. Yes, dodge alone won't make you immortal, like any other stat, but it's a really good defensive buff. 

This update buffed rogue so much, to a point where pvp wise it easily is better than seekers probably ever were, for sure better than they are now with update. And the same ppl who said seekers are broken now complain the same power level isn't enough for rogue. It's just funny.

I can see that seekers are getting some nerfs with the update and to be fair, the gap between seeker and rogue isn't that much now. I honestly think that rogue is a better class than seeker even before the update. I believe this is a personal opinion tho.

Now we don't want to be immortal like wardens used to be. But there are some inevitable consequences devs must consider

1. We need resistance to use our "huge damage" without getting toyed around every 2 sec

2. Resistance is fine. We are ready to put them in our equipments but they are in conflict with dodge.

By giving us a useful defence, we can hopefully lower our dodge down to a reasonable amount instead of forcing ourselves to have 40%+ raw dodge and replace that dodge with 15-20% resistance in gears, echants, or with books for the riches.

I am against making any class OP. But I don't want anyone to give up fighting for better numbers because again, from past experiences, they did give worse numbers first then see if the testers can show them if the numbers were bad.

I am not part of the closed test server so I am fully counting on the testers. We did send some of our best and most dedicated rogues to the test server. And any results from that testing, I and many other, will accept. At least until the next rebalance. But it's not reasonable for us to not remind each other of the history of stupid updates for rogue. Testing is an exhausting work, they do need to be encouraged and reminded what they need to test and what they need to fight for.

The purpose of the new reflexes is so we can lower our dodge and put some more resistance parameter. Anything that doesn't meet that purpose should not be considered final until the results come out.

Rogues have to sacrify stats for dodge

Like health or life steal

No to mention that rogues have three skills just to makes them rely on dodge chance  ( kick in the back, dodging, absolute reflex) and its still barely works .

Rogues have all the right to complain..

3 skill that doesnt guarantee your survival , thats a waste of slots, Which technically should be other skills of  the thousands of ideas in this forum

4 hours ago, vavavi said:

They're the highest burst dmg pvp wise in the game, before update atleast, then bd will take that throne.

Rogues ask for survivality and y'all always bring up the ducking damage...

Dude, nobody survives only with damage, thats the seekers work.. and even they got better defensive shit :grinning:

Edited by Theweasel

Screenshot_20231213-191444_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab67a68110484bab3aa56329328d48fa.jpg

This talent costs more than 100k knowledge... it should not be -5 accuracy but ATLEAST 15% in pvp. It's an absolute joke if you expect people to pick that in any scenario. Please reconsider it, if this doesn't get fixed, i highly doubt people will invest in rogue whatsoever anymore or this game, the population of rogues decreases with every year, i urge you to look into this class carefully, im starting to lose hope raising awareness here and will most likely quit as well if these changes go unfixed, just pointless getting no answer from the higher ups@Holmes@Dr Strange

More to what i said-

Our heal is ridiculously low. 15% heal and you have to press 2 skills for that is such nonsense, no idea who designed that?!

We used to heal 30% can we atleast get 25% heal? 

6 hours ago, vavavi said:

I dont know why my these guys keep asking for resistance and remove rogue damage, after rogue new passive was good..but the problem is 0.7 duration..

These complainers didn't even appreciate on devs.. they keep complain and complain instead of making there rogue becom better in game.. These complainers are too delusional they want rogue to become a semi tank class. They're taking away the essence of Rogue assasin

And these complainers forgot that the rogue main goal focus on was.

--- Bursting Ability

--- Dodge Ability

There is no way for devs give this class a resistance and damage reduction.. This class is Assassin and there is no way to become like a semi tank seekers. Rogue is different from Seekers.

These complainers to delusional.. go quit playing rogue and play for  another class guys.. I suggest if you guys want resistance and damage reduction go play as DK, Barb or Chief. 

1 hour ago, Jee Booy said:

I dont know why my these guys keep asking for resistance and remove rogue damage, after rogue new passive was good..but the problem is 0.7

Tbh only Thing i want is lower the health requirement to trigger the skill, to at least 8% .

We are talking about a class that usually has low health amount, due to armors or dodge runes on rings/bracelets.

1 hour ago, Jee Booy said:

These complainers didn't even appreciate on devs.. they keep complain and complain instead of making there rogue becom better in game.

Guess why the rogue is not useless 100%.. Yes.... Because our complains.

If we don't say anything, Most likely, the rogue would still suck.

5 hours ago, Shax said:

Screenshot_20231213-191444_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab67a68110484bab3aa56329328d48fa.jpg

This talent costs more than 100k knowledge... it should not be -5 accuracy but ATLEAST 15% in pvp. It's an absolute joke if you expect people to pick that in any scenario. Please reconsider it, if this doesn't get fixed, i highly doubt people will invest in rogue whatsoever anymore or this game, the population of rogues decreases with every year, i urge you to look into this class carefully, im starting to lose hope raising awareness here and will most likely quit as well if these changes go unfixed, just pointless getting no answer from the higher ups@Holmes@Dr Strange

Thats like a 5% increase in max dodge cap, thats a big deal. It means that now anyone whos at 13% or less accu, and gets kick landed to them wont even be able to hit the rogue, since the dodge chance will hit 100%. Its virtually allowing you to hit a 68% max dodge cap. 

If it was any higher, the levels would start reaching ridiculous heights. At 15%, anyone whos at 23% or below accu, would not be able to hit the rogue at all during kick. Like, straight immortality to the rogue since dodge chance will go to 100%. And let's not forget that even a 80% dodge chance is nearly virtual immortality for a class that can disappear. So currently with that talent and kick, rogues can reach a 80% dodge chance against ppl with as high as 33% accu, if the talent was 15% they'd reach that 80% chance against 43% accu. With that talent at 15%, they'd be reaching 73% dodge chance even against maxed 50% accu. A 73% dodge chance against people who have specifically maxed out the stat to counter dodge, that would be ridiculous. Even with the 5% its already a 63% dodge chance vs people with 50% accu, which by itself is already too much imo.

And let's not forget all this would be on top of their mage barrier like guaranteed dodges.

It really seems that if the buff is anything short of a permanent immortality, you will complain. It's just so stupid.

Edited by vavavi

5 hours ago, vavavi said:

Thats like a 5% increase in max dodge cap, thats a big deal. It means that now anyone whos at 13% or less accu, and gets kick landed to them wont even be able to hit the rogue, since the dodge chance will hit 100%. Its virtually allowing you to hit a 68% max dodge cap. 

If it was any higher, the levels would start reaching ridiculous heights. At 15%, anyone whos at 23% or below accu, would not be able to hit the rogue at all during kick. Like, straight immortality to the rogue since dodge chance will go to 100%. And let's not forget that even a 80% dodge chance is nearly virtual immortality for a class that can disappear. So currently with that talent and kick, rogues can reach a 80% dodge chance against ppl with as high as 33% accu, if the talent was 15% they'd reach that 80% chance against 43% accu. With that talent at 15%, they'd be reaching 73% dodge chance even against maxed 50% accu. A 73% dodge chance against people who have specifically maxed out the stat to counter dodge, that would be ridiculous. Even with the 5% its already a 63% dodge chance vs people with 50% accu, which by itself is already too much imo.

And let's not forget all this would be on top of their mage barrier like guaranteed dodges.

It really seems that if the buff is anything short of a permanent immortality, you will complain. It's just so stupid.

Why u trying to make it seems as the broken shit ever xd?

Even someone with 0% accu still can land attacks on a rogue with 60% dodge.

Dodge effectiveness is even lower than parry which actually has 30% cap.

Not to mention that mostly of DoT damage cant be dodged.

5 hours ago, vavavi said:

rogues can reach a 80% dodge chance against ppl with as high as 33% accu, if the talent was 15% they'd reach that 80% chance against 43% accu. With that talent at 15%, they'd be reaching 73% dodge chance even against maxed 50% accu. A 73% dodge chance against people who have specifically maxed out the stat to counter dodge, that would be ridiculous.

XD?!  what are you talking about! :calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

60% hasnt 100% chance of working  thats ridiculous...

Lowering accuracy doesnt increase dodge cap, is just a counterattack against dodge counter.

The purpose of reflexes if giving chance to surviving in case kick in the back fails (which is more likely to happen).

Also this is not 2013 , im pretty sure everyone have higher accuracy/resistance, basically all the kit to counter dodge rogues.

2 hours ago, Theweasel said:

Why u trying to make it seems as the broken shit ever xd?

Even someone with 0% accu still can land attacks on a rogue with 60% dodge.

Dodge effectiveness is even lower than parry which actually has 30% cap.

Not to mention that mostly of DoT damage cant be dodged.

XD?!  what are you talking about! :calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

60% hasnt 100% chance of working  thats ridiculous...

Lowering accuracy doesnt increase dodge cap, is just a counterattack against dodge counter.

The purpose of reflexes if giving chance to surviving in case kick in the back fails (which is more likely to happen).

Also this is not 2013 , im pretty sure everyone have higher accuracy/resistance, basically all the kit to counter dodge rogues.

I just explained how the math works. At 60% you'll have a 100% dodge chance against -40% accu. But since cap is 63, and with the suggestion of talent being 15%, that cap goes to 78%, meaning at -22% accu its a 100% dodge chance. And since kick is -45% accu, at 23% accu you would reach that 100% chance.

30 minutes ago, vavavi said:

I just explained how the math works. At 60% you'll have a 100% dodge chance against -40% accu. But since cap is 63, and with the suggestion of talent being 15%, that cap goes to 78%, meaning at -22% accu its a 100% dodge chance. And since kick is -45% accu, at 23% accu you would reach that 100% chance.

Having negative numbers  doesnt gives dodge more chances of working, it just dont gives u chance to raise enough accuracy to counter dodge.

But the chance of working keeps the same.

Using that logic, if i use a skill that decrease defense by 50% to someone that already have zero defense, that 50% turns into extra damage... Totally implausible .

11 minutes ago, Theweasel said:

Having negative numbers  doesnt gives dodge more chances of working, it just dont gives u chance to raise enough accuracy to counter dodge.

But the chance of working keeps the same.

Using that logic, if i use a skill that decrease defense by 50% to someone that already have zero defense, that 50% turns into extra damage... Totally implausible .

For def yes, but when it comes to accu working with dodge, negative accu does give you a higher dodge chance. The formula is:  Dodge - accu=dodge chance

Edited by vavavi

6 minutes ago, vavavi said:

For def yes, but when it comes to accu working with dodge, negative accu does give you a higher dodge chance. The formula is:  Dodge - accu=dodge chance

Jeez... this is already confirmed data by devs?

Imagine being a rogue and not knowing how dodge works. Blows my mind. 

On 12/17/2023 at 8:54 PM, Theweasel said:

As far i know , rogues stealth cant resist stuns.

Cant use steatlh while stunned.

Plus has many counters, because "certain" faction cried that is unfair that rogues can "hide", that also  "bladedancers should have it too" :t10:that was about 2013 - 2017

And boom any idiot can cancels stealth, and To salt the wound devs  added castle pots...

Luckily the next update are going to give to rogues and seekers a chance to hide properly without cancel their "defensive" skill that you are trying to say

Invis also got buffed in the rebalance but i suppose some people were too blind to not notice.

Invisibility detection

Adjusted the mechanics of detecting invisibility: now, invisibility is deactivated when the target receives a control effect or damage (previously, it was deactivated upon receiving any negative effect or damage).

Skills like barb roar and wd aoe agro wont reveal anymore so its just a straight buff in some respects. Unfortunately warlock circle should reveal now though, unlucky. 

On 12/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, Raislin said:

Imagine being a rogue and not knowing how dodge works. Blows my mind. 

Invis also got buffed in the rebalance but i suppose some people were too blind to not notice.

Invisibility detection

Adjusted the mechanics of detecting invisibility: now, invisibility is deactivated when the target receives a control effect or damage (previously, it was deactivated upon receiving any negative effect or damage).

Skills like barb roar and wd aoe agro wont reveal anymore so its just a straight buff in some respects. Unfortunately warlock circle should reveal now though, unlucky. 

any stun or aoe damage will reveal them 

Tbh just removing "debuffs" from the ways of revealing rogues from stealth, doesnt make any change, specially because many of them comes with damage or control.

Well maybe it will work with few ones but is Not particularly something too game changing

More than buff i see it as Trying to fix the unfixable