The best update in your opinion

Legionn

Question

What was the best update in your opinion and why?

For me it was the labyrinth because you needed to work hard to go all the way and you had to farm it very carefully. One mistake means everybody dead in the party.

Umm...lab and swamp were best updates, rest updates like magic def were all about money, aigrind only intrested in making $ :diablo:.. but what can we do? we can only spamm alot of topics :  about greedy aigrind and thats all :D :rofl: anyway best updates were lab and swamp ::)

Lab was best till .. Berengar tower is added . From then that endless war weapons and en new equipment came , lab is dead . Even swamps now isnt that good like it was . They were awesome , now actually ayvondil is , or game would be dead.

I choose the 3.0 Update (Crossroads of Destiny) as the best update. In that update we got the two new factions - chosen and forsaken.

It brought us many new things. It brought two new island that were nothing but beautiful. It was a real pleasure to do quests on the new islands. The environment was mouthwatering piece of eye candy. :shok:

It also brought new quests and with them new plots, which extended the story of warspear and gave answers on some of our questions regarding the history of warspear.

It introduced also two new factions, which brought the amout of different playable classes to 12. Now we had more opportunities than ever before and it was easier to pick a class, who was suited for one's style of play best. Now we had attacking wizards, tanks who could heal and more. We got a bigger diversity.

I still rememeber, how I, just after game finally was updated, started playing the new factions. I played from around midnight to 4 AM (04:00). Luckily, I didn't have to go to school that day.  :rofl:

But gosh, there was a huge amount of people playing. There was chaos. I have never seen so few people at Irselnort as at that day. Not before and not after.

And everybody was kind and there was a historical high teamwork between the players. :good:

Smileys are amazing, they are wonderful, I would gladly pay money for them. For me the best update was the addition of inspection xD I don't know how we managed without it.

Also I don't think anything GM has done has made the game worse. Though I only started since the avenger update, the only one that's beenn a little hard is the ferocity update. But I guess we will get used to it

I don't have a favourite yet (maybe Elm's , that made me possible to get Elm's costume, lol), but the 'Warspear Online 19.8.6: BDs Get Nerfed To Naked' update will definitely be my favourite update.

Edited by BTminBT

When demonologist used to be rare :blush:

When people used to offer over 5 million gold for it. Damn I miss those times... Wars were player driven and fun, now with those rewards it's just... something like a turn off.

When people used to offer over 5 million gold for it. Damn I miss those times... Wars were player driven and fun, now with those rewards it's just... something like a turn off.

I love the new wars. Player driven ones were few and far between anyway. Though all the "damn i miss those times" I hear from everyone makes me wish i played for longer :( I would give so much to have been there to see the norlant or lab updates added.

I love the new wars. Player driven ones were few and far between anyway. Though all the "damn i miss those times" I hear from everyone makes me wish i played for longer :( I would give so much to have been there to see the norlant or lab updates added.

That were times... when people were nicer...funnier...relaxed...if you saw someone being +8/9 it was very special, nobody cared much about being high amped. Everyone had the exact same basic skills, here truely ruled the skill lever of the player :blush:

Being in a top guild was special as hell, less guild slots in each guild were available and in general more guilds were able to fight for the #1 reward because of the same guild levels.

As Sentinel or Legion player, in neither one of those factions you were able to quest safely on the Ashcoast, neither on the Swamps. Because of less maps and one main map all players used to be on the same island :3 Nowadays you can finish Chainless League within 2 hours, I remember that I myself needed about 3 months to finish Chainless League with my Druid *-*

Arena was the most active and loved place to fight. The tournament guilds had to spam arena against each other to earn gp, nobody spammed dungeon because hardly any did exist.

Sorry I could spend hours talking about old times :D just so many things were awesome. I still like the game, but nothing can ever beat the-good-old-times!

Edited by Julie

I for myself haven't been able to witness those updates, but those player driven wars were for fun, as I said. No bonuses involved, just fighting until everyone died. Then start over again. The most notable and biggest pre system wars I have seen were the Chainless League Wars and Kjlimo's happy wars.

That were times... when people were nicer...funnier...relaxed...if you saw someone being +8/9 it was very special, nobody cared much about being high amped. Everyone had the exact same basic skills, here truely ruled the skill lever of the player :blush:

Being in a top guild was special as hell, less guild slots in each guild were available and in general more guilds were able to fight for the #1 reward because of the same guild levels.

As Sentinel or Legion player, in neither one of those factions you were able to quest safely on the Ashcoast, neither on the Swamps. Because of less maps and one main map all players used to be on the same island :3 Nowadays you can finish Chainless League within 2 hours, I remember that I myself needed about 3 months to finish Chainless League with my Druid *-*

Arena was the most active and loved place to fight. The tournament guilds had to spam arena against each other to earn gp, nobody spammed dungeon because hardly any did exist.

Sorry I could spend hours talking about old times :D just so many things were awesome. I still like the game, but nothing can ever beat the-good-old-times!

First signs of becoming a salty vet :P

Regarding the Chainless League, I finished the last bosses within 2 hours while everyone was busy doing Halloween. Took me a total of over 4 months though. It was an achievement if you finished it the same month as you started it.

and also when defences and magic types became 1 

I actually like that. This made the game less complicated and actually balanced it a bit, when casters used to rule melee. But then experts skills happened.. Also no one liked having to amp 2 staffs, one became enough, but then Ferocity happened.

I actually like that. This made the game less complicated and actually balanced it a bit, when casters used to rule melee. But then experts skills happened.. Also no one liked having to amp 2 staffs, one became enough, but then Ferocity happened.

you mean .. everyone has to amp 2 whole sets now xD . Still , yea ferocity is too poweful , also unbalanced . A dual wield class ( bd , pala , dk , barb , rogue ) can reach on maximum 46% fero if having 2 items holding , same for lower levels , will always go over the casters , maximum 38% . Not less complicated , now in 1 set healers have both high heal and damage output , then it was more interesting to need different sets , and also more gear choices , like astral items were hella expensive , and every caster needed specific stave , means better prices for finding the right one . Farming was also interesting , thats another part.

Worst update is Ferocity and spilt resilince to 2 kind :facepalm:  , total fail 

now any noob can gank any pro who use farm set  :rofl:

Killing your enemy is the purpose of Warspear, I wouldn't call it ganking. You still can find a way of gearing your character in a balanced farm and pvp set.

"Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level."

Just to react to Firemastar's post, if a low level player kills a high level player with worse gear, it is not ganking. I would say it's a nice job. I don't really think anyways that low level has so bigger chance against higher levels now that ferocity has appeared.

Nowadays players define getting killed as ganking even when only one person kills them out of nowhere with no special reason :P

Killing your enemy is the purpose of Warspear, I wouldn't call it ganking. You still can find a way of gearing your character in a balanced farm and pvp set.

Some of us play tanks :)

So? .-. What does it have to do with your pve or pvp gear?

pve = stat set + def def def

no resi

aka fero eats you up mid boss kill/ farm

pvp = resi set with fero

useless in pve

simultaneously cant be built....Instead of questioning people use simple logic and think

Edited by mailliwdxb

pve = stat set + def def def

no resi

aka fero eats you up mid boss kill/ farm

pvp = resi set with fero

useless in pve

simultaneously cant be built....Instead of questioning people use simple logic and think

The same cannot be said about other classes...tanks cant nuke / heal etc

Edited by mailliwdxb

That's why I said you can find a mix.

I generally always use ts hero axes when I'm killing mobs or bosses in areas where I will meet Legions to a chance 50%.

As well as I'm trying to have about 10% resilience at least and it has always worked out well.

I generally always use ts hero axes when I'm killing mobs or bosses in areas where I will meet Legions to a chance 50%.

As well as I'm trying to have about 10% resilience at least and it has always worked out well.

Doesn't work out well at shielded tanks like dk or barb (pala always sucks :P). They have so much defence they lose too much at PvE with resilience.

what mix will work tel me big boss  :shok:

attacker with pvp set ( resilince and ferocity ) gank party with pve set