Warlock - Dark Circle

IceKiller

Dark Circle is one of the most unfair and OP skills there is on the game.

Druid has root, that disables the use of skills, BUT you can still do normal attack.

Bladedancers has hamstring, that disables the use of skills, BUT can still do normal attacks, ect ect.

Then there is a warlock that stuns, disables the use of skills AND normal attack. WHY? Make it a stun like the other classes', just make it a movement stun and disable the use of skills. Why make it so OP that you cannot even attack when stuns.

Please tell me what you think.

I agree, this could be a good fix.

Warlocks weakness is their low defense, but normal attacks won't hurt that bad.

But the only bad thing about this is the melees, they still won't touch a Warlock this way.

i hope devs are considering fixing it. Walk into effect could be away to bakance it too. Just to put it there at random and they dont haft to accuratly hit with it like shamans quake is also a OP aspect. And its so big its not like i can walk around it easy, all i can do is back up and wait and by then fear is recharged :( And sometimes when lag is on warlocks side i walk into circles even though im 1 or 2 cells away from the animated circle...

Maybe circle should stun friendly targets too, that would balance things out  :good:

Warlock has very good dps base, better then other mage-classes (except mage) they shouldnt need permanent stunlock too or atleast not that easy stunlock.

Warlock CAN heal if you spend points on it

wait my DK has no heal i think i need a arena lockdown skill so i can just go wack ranged classes. joke  :lol:

all the game stun effects stop moving,skills only but keap dmg

except the 1enemy skills like fear,confusion,etc

that is why dark circles is teated as OP skills cuz it 1.stuns every thing(move,dmg,skills)

2.it is aoe skill

3.it has a very small cooldown(almost as mutch as first skill)

4.lvl5 of lasts alot

to make this skills less op we must fix one of the staff above either:

1.make attack possiple when it is active

2.make it a none-aoe skill and you can forget that cuz it will kill the skill

3.make it with bigger cooldown which is actually a good idea posted before by alot of players

4.make it last shorter time then it is now

as for me i vote for 1 make attack possiple when it is active

3.it has a very small cooldown(almost as mutch as first skill)

I hope you mean fear, and not first skill. Circle CD double as long as first skill. And if im right, they nerfed circle in last Maintenance. They added 1-2 secs extra into circle CD.

I hope you mean fear, and not first skill. Circle CD double as long as first skill. And if im right, they nerfed circle in last Maintenance. They added 1-2 secs extra into circle CD.

did you see mages skills CDs? :facepalm:

in relation to what it does CD is very low. Threads of darkness have 30sec cooldown for moving a target 4-5yards with a very short dmg enhancing effect. Tell me which skill is more OP andwhich one should have the longer CD. Im not saying circle needs 30secs, but extending CD is one way of balance warlock.

You guys all stupid, warlock is not tanker or healer and warlock is the only class in MC/FS which were able to die in a sec when warlock is under attacked.

theirs two kinds of people playing warlock. The people denying its OP and those who knows its OP, but still like to play em. See sange plays a warlock and he can admit it needs balancing and then theirs people who say, 'if I cant stunlock you im gonna suck'. Youre not going to suck. If you want heal, put skills on it. Dont forget warlock is dps class and does greater dmg then healer classes. Warlocks are so afraid of losing OP stunlock and all they ever say is, I cant heal I need it. Mages cant heal, and they only have a aoe disable, but they rarely complain over that fact. Go play a mage and see how life is for them maybe some people here can see the OP aspects of warlocks. Its not like people wanted to remove circle. People discussed balancing, by either fix CD or make it aoe disable.

Treads is more OP. I also have a DK, and i feel that treads are good. About CD i don't care so much, i mostly use them 1-2 times each arena.

+I can tank ranged bosses with treads.

And im not joking.

Treads is more OP. I also have a DK, and i feel that treads are good. About CD i don't care so much, i mostly use them 1-2 times each arena.

And im not joking.

you singture says you only have a bd,warlock,rogue,paladin :crazy:

And im not joking.

I know youre not joking, threads is great for boss tanking and a very useful skill indeed. But you cant say that a skill you 80% of the time can use one time per arena to pull one target is more OP then a aoe stun that doesnt even need accuracy.

If you dont care about CD why is so wrong for people to day it could use a increase?

I mean Treads CD. Circle is already got a increased CD. Do it again? That's like killing a dead person. Dafuq you kill him, he's dead, and he isn't a zombie :rofl:

In last end, it's not about the CD, but the players. If no one could play warlock, there was not any problems. I remember someone said this to me:

A noob warlock kan kill the best players in the game - A pro warlock can noob warlock.

Hell no,so whats the diference of a shaman and a warlock with that?If the area increase like earthquake maybe i can agree,a shaman is more op than a warlock,he can heal himself and quake can do 800! dmg.Dk threads is extremely good,he have a low cooldown stun and a anti-kite skill,hes totally balanced for a tank.Dont ducking compare a dk with a warlock.

If they remove full stun effect Warlock will use circle,ranger with bless actived,bang bang,500! 500!.

Maybe increasing a few seconds the cooldown,but not that shit,nerf shaman(the only support class with 2 stuns,and the biggest aoe skill in game)boost mage(remove that ducking buff skill,add a stun like warlock dc).And things will be better i think.

Shamans an easier kill 1v1 then warlock atleast for me.

ranger blessing kill any mage class it kills shamans in 3 sec too. No heal can stop that. Only one thing stops blessing and thats a shield, but most people here think they gonna get a rash if they use a shield in arena. Ranger is one of the easiest classes for shield-wielders.

warlocks keeps wining that they ARE balanced against other range and that I think is true, but they are still untouchable for melee unless melee side gets first stun somehow.

Just make it a cast to hit like quake and im ok with full stun, its so cheap when circle blocks of 1/4 of my screen for 5sec.

I think warlock purple circle is op, my opinion to balance it is short its duration on ground..

And mages now can break that circle using time warp (i haven't tested well yet) but skills cooldowns are a little long for my opinion

The bad thing is; the arena-aera's are developed for warlocks. Even if you want to walk around a circle, you can't :(

And i have to say... lvl 2 circle and lvl 2 fear is almost a full 100% stun. I do arena's with my lvl 10 necro and my girlfriend with lvl 10 warlock, and it is incredible easy. And we don't even have amped items and she hasn't a crystal in her staff. I really can't believe what we are doing to our opponents.

I think warlock is a fantastic class, but maybe it is slightly too much of it.

And mages now can break that circle using time warp (i haven't tested well yet) but skills cooldowns are a little long for my opinion

As far as i know mages can only break through things that hold them in place but does not take away the skills (like the trap of a ranger or the earthquake of a shaman). In a circle you can't do anything, not even a normal attack.

but they are still untouchable for melee unless melee side gets first stun somehow.

a shaman or well played druid can be equally untouchable vs any melee, even if they get touched or damaged after a charge or threads, just blind / root then run to full health like they where never hit in the first place.

if they nerf circle, then fear range would have to be increased as it`s 4 yards only, meaning they will always get blinded / rooted first which is 5 yards they could even be kited like that, unless in a small area map like volcano..

circle CD should be increased too 20 seconds at least though, 14 seconds is a joke, but knowing devs they probably give barbs another nerf and buff warlocks.

I'm sure Developers have tested how hard playing a warlock with control skills, only good players can play warlock and they are less than noobs, in all arena category, warlock isn't on top, all warlocks on top 100 i checked, most of them lost many fights, then i looked rogue and ranger they are the mostly win all battle, you guys forgot, when warlock can stun they may can win but its about control skills that not all people can use it perfectly, once fail its really suck for warlock.

As far as i know mages can only break through things that hold them in place but does not take away the skills (like the trap of a ranger or the earthquake of a shaman). In a circle you can't do anything, not even a normal attack.

My mistake xD, i say that mages now can escape from cc skills like beign holded by circle or earthquake using time warp.

Before 3.4.2 when i used time warp and i had been earthquaked At same time xD i fall the skill on same place where i was standing, now i fall where i aim the time warp (while im In range of course)

OP OF DARK CYCLE.....LIKE HELL

HAMSTRING JUST GIVE DAMAGE AND STOPPING SKILL, BUT NEED MORE TIME! Now warlock.....have high attk spd, range, OP SKILL, nothing want beat with warlock......warlock=imba class.....must fix...

OP OF DARK CYCLE.....LIKE HELL

HAMSTRING JUST GIVE DAMAGE AND STOPPING SKILL, BUT NEED MORE TIME! Now warlock.....have high attk spd, range, OP SKILL, nothing want beat with warlock......warlock=imba class.....must fix...

♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE ♥♥♥♥ THE POLICE.............. law = shit.......♥♥♥♥ that.............

^ this is how you sound like bro.

If warlocks got Dark Circle nerfed..It'll be a big epic fail for the dev's  :facepalm:

Probably warlocks players will stop playing it and so warlocks will be noob enough  :unknw:

If they nerf Blessing and Dark Circle there's no problem on it,because warlock is the only class that can beat a ranger in the same way that rangers can beat any class  :unknw:

If they nerf Blessing and Dark Circle there's no problem on it,because warlock is the only class that can beat a ranger in the same way that rangers can beat any class  :unknw:

Not so likely.

Warlocks and Rangers have a different reason of being able to beat any class.

Warlocks have a 10-12 second long stun lock which would only give 3-5 seconds where in the enemy is not stunned if repeated again and again.

Rangers on the other hand can do the same amount of your HP in damage in less than 5 seconds, if they are lucky.

i hope devs are considering fixing it. Walk into effect could be away to bakance it too. Just to put it there at random and they dont haft to accuratly hit with it like shamans quake is also a OP aspect. And its so big its not like i can walk around it easy, all i can do is back up and wait and by then fear is recharged :( And sometimes when lag is on warlocks side i walk into circles even though im 1 or 2 cells away from the animated circle...

Maybe circle should stun friendly targets too, that would balance things out  :good:

Warlock has very good dps base, better then other mage-classes (except mage) they shouldnt need permanent stunlock too or atleast not that easy stunlock.

Warlock CAN heal if you spend points on it

wait my DK has no heal i think i need a arena lockdown skill so i can just go wack ranged classes. joke  :lol:

I really respect you coz you know that Darck Cirlce is OP skill, why others cant think the same we think?

I mean Its really boring to have so much power afterall the enemies cant move inside the circle no skills and no normal attacks, I mean killing enemies inside the circle has no challenge at all so boring lol...

I wish all players here as smart as you , unlike balinor noob, please beware of talking balinor he talks shit most of the time! 8)

I did just 3 PVP against a lv19 warlock with +9 lv17 arena staff and +9 lv18 armor (Cape Lv17, Rings Lv17, belt Lv17). He got full fear and circle, and i lost all 3, but i was one hit from winning each time. Those you say a warlock is untouchable, need to know how to play their char. I was even clever enough to avoid circle 2 times.

If warlocks got Dark Circle nerfed..It'll be a big epic fail for the dev's  :facepalm:

Probably warlocks players will stop playing it and so warlocks will be noob enough  :unknw:

Warlock is not the class to kill rangers...? Shields are, barbs or dk with shields owns rangers. 9 times out of 10 ill win with shield. Warlock was not created to be rangers counter part, we already had it in shield barb. Only problem is that very few people dare to believe in shield as a pvp path.

Warlock is not the class to kill rangers...? Shields are, barbs or dk with shields owns rangers. 9 times out of 10 ill win with shield. Warlock was not created to be rangers counter part, we already had it in shield barb. Only problem is that very few people dare to believe in shield as a pvp path.

with around 18% res them shield barb`s and dk`s are hitting around 250ish to the enemy, vs 350+ dmg xbow rangers dealing around 1.5k in a second if lucky, shield classes are the worst arena choices in the game at lvl20 vs rangers, shaman can blind when they bless, hold them in place with eq to let blessing end, warlock`s can stun them for 12 seconds and stop there blessing, they are the counter to rangers..

with around 18% res them shield barb`s and dk`s are hitting around 250ish to the enemy, vs 350+ dmg xbow rangers dealing around 1.5k in a second if lucky, shield classes are the worst arena choices in the game at lvl20 vs rangers, shaman can blind when they bless, hold them in place with eq to let blessing end, warlock`s can stun them for 12 seconds and stop there blessing, they are the counter to rangers..

any mc can defeat a ranger

barb has charge which disable skills and blessing is actually a skill btw

rogue can use stealth till blessing ends and btw he can use stealth-stun combo to end up killimg rangers before gets hitten once

shaman has blind.which disable skills and quack which has a wide range which allows him to stop tanger from moving like 7tiles awat then wait till blessing ends

necro has stun which allows him to stun the enemy till blessing ends

warlock has....well do i need to explain that too

dk has a stun skill which disable skills imcluding blessing and threads so he can pull tje ranger and stun him before he use blessing

while lets see which elve can defeat warlock

if u fall in a warlock dark circle=instant death cuz u will stay stune or feared so all i can say how elves avoid the damn circle

it has a 3vs3 and its range is mutch wader then any elve skill so the chances that elves use stun skills on lock before u stun them with circles 0% without luck

bd has hamiatring 2tiles and clearly he wont be even able to reach the lock

druid has roots but if a lock use circles in its max range it is wadier then roots range

ranger trap....well 1tile away and i dont think that any lock was even trapped in his life :wacko:

priest arsimistic which is 3yards range do i need to explain more?

mage has no stun skill at all so there is no way a mage defeats a lock in his lvl cuz he will stay on full stun all time

paladins has that yellow dust skill and idk its range but it cant be as wide as circles

Dark Circle is one of the most unfair and OP skills there is on the game.

Druid has root, that disables the use of skills, BUT you can still do normal attack.

Bladedancers has hamstring, that disables the use of skills, BUT can still do normal attacks, ect ect.

Then there is a warlock that stuns, disables the use of skills AND normal attack. WHY? Make it a stun like the other classes', just make it a movement stun and disable the use of skills. Why make it so OP that you cannot even attack when stuns.

Please tell me what you think.

haha i did not make like 50 memes about this

or was it just a dream?

Sorry sulla, ive never had a easier time killing rangers then with shield DK. My shaman, yes he can blind and control, but also dies in 3secs from a good bless barrage. Shield removes alot of dps from rangers, it makes you move faster to the ranger and for the people that dont understand this. Thiers 2 types of dmg - burst and dps. 2h weapons deal hard hits but slow, so their more burst. 1h deals less but fast and constant so that gives a better dps. In the end total dps is very similar. Feel free to post me your true dps and ill see how much lower mine is. Ive killed rangers 1v1 losing only 500HP the entire fight, its all up to my block luck. but ill tell you 1h are not as weak as you think. If WWS was still playing i would refer you to him. ranked top 3 as hes best last arena season, played 100% shield barb. Stressed tayuya to start screen jumping cause he was heading for a lose last night. just saying, my experience, never been easier...

Counter to Rangers are simply stuns.

Unless he is using full Physical Defense with 0-5% Resilience then a good offense is also a key.

Other than that, there are many acceptable things too.

Shields aren't that bad, a good - damage from the enemy, but as Sulla said a good defense means a weak offense

this means you kill the ranger in a more amount of time than you would using a 2H weapon, meaning more shots for him, shots which could make that defense of your's seem useless making 2H = Shield.

IMO, Shield isn't really a good 1 on 1 thing if you're looking to kill your enemy ASAP, if your offense is weak with Shield then the Ranger might have enough time in the fight to pull off 2 Blessings, plus he could kite you meaning less hits for you, yes that defense would make you last longer but a great offense would make it a lot easier, not saying Shield isn't bad

There are times when it comes in to play and IMO these times are when you are fighting someone who cannot kite you and deals physical damage and in Wars/Group fights like arenas it is also useful, let the tank run in, enemies waste their nukes and stuns while the partner kills them at their weakest

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention, Shield is also quite good with the Block feature though also keep in mind about the offense

You'll only get to hit him a couple of times until his stun is off cooldown or if you use your anti-kiting skill.

But in my opinion, I think stuns are the real counter to Rangers, only thing you need to really avoid is Blessing anyways, a good 5 second stun and kiting should do the trick.

My true avrage dps 1h is 284. Which means the avreage 18+ ranger lives for 8-10 seconds against me so still probably only one blessing. And ill save my threads for a trap so I can get my hands on the ranger for most of those 10 secs. Imagine the stress when I keep mini-stun you and blocking your dmg and you just cant seem to get rid of all those small fast hits :) id pick shield dk over shaman faced with ranger any day