Chieftain changes

Salazam

A lot is said about the chief, how OP the class is or the impact he has on every scenario in the game. In part, many of the complaints are true, some are exaggerated, so today, I come to propose a series of changes to the class.

For magic chiefs, improve their support function for allies, help them deal better with healing skills, and reduce their power to create danger zones especially in GvGs.

For the physical/hybrid boss, extend your blast window.

Blow of the spirit

Now in addition to magical power, it also causes damage based on 40-50-60-70-80% of the character's physical strength.

Ps: this change mainly aims to add another physical damage ability to the chief, to extend the damage window that the class has and reduce the possibilities of One-shots.

Eagle Eye

The bleeds caused by this ability no longer cause a "stopping" effect on enemies when they are moving.

Ps: with the number of bleeds that the chief has, in some situations it is extremely difficult to move around and exit some important skills due to the constant hangs that the character gives.

Bear's Stamina

Now the healing effect based on magic damage is also applied to up to 3-3-4-5-6 allied targets within 2 meters of the chief for 35% of the original healing.

Ps: Add some form of support to this skill, as well as valuing its maximization.

Wolf's Alacrity

movement speed increase effect reduced to maximum 35%.

Ps: reduce the chieftain's power if escaping or pursuing, as well as reducing his advantage in situations that require a lot of movement.

Damage reduced by 35% at all levels. (5/5 = 135% of the chief's physical damage)

Ps: change aims to extend the explosion window of the physical/hybrid chief, and avoid One-shot situations

Clan's help

The buff effects granted by this ability are also applied to party members in the same location as the chieftain

Ps: The idea here is to add a second form of support to the class, as well as increase the value of this skill.

Curse of the Plague

Name changed to "Cunning of the beast" (former talent name)

Effect changed. Now teleports the player to the selected location, and deals magic damage to enemies within a 1m radius (3x3 area). Damage ratio 100-110-120-135%, magic power.

Key Talent:  Cunning of the beast

Name changed to: Curse of the Plague

Effect changed, now pulls enemies within a 2 meter radius closer to the chief, applies the "Curse of the Plague" penalty to them for 5s, the effect reduces their attack speed and ability cooldown by 25%. 

Ps: This is one of the chief's most controversial abilities since its launch, it should be a central piece of the magic chief's kit, but ends up being underused due to its various design problems.

Swooping Army

Now the skill deals more damage at the beginning, and decreases over time.

Currently causes

60% magic damage every 1s for 5 seconds.

Now the skill lasts 6 seconds, deals 100% damage on the 1st hit

75% on 2nd hit

50% on the 3rd hit

25% on the 4th, 5th and 6th hits. Final damage value unchanged. 300% of the chief's magic damage.

Ps: The idea behind this change is to strengthen the magic chief in arenas when dealing with a lot of healing, as he has more immediate damage, without removing his damage over time, also to avoid situations especially in gvgs where chiefs can create a zone of great damage for a long time.

Rugged Hide

Now reduces 10-20-30-40% of damage taken. Duration Increased by 12s at all levels.

The ability can no longer be used on allies.

Ps: Reduce the strength of this skill combined with some other factors, and modify it to be a skill that will always be within the chief's reach.

Also removing the ability to use the skill on allies, other changes were made to compensate for this.

Frenzy

Damage reduced by 10% at all levels.

Ps: change aims to extend the explosion window of the physical/hybrid chief, and avoid One-shot situations

Edited by Salazam

13 minutes ago, Salazam said:

Blow of the spirit

Now in addition to magical power, it also causes damage based on 40-50-60-70-80% of the character's physical strength.

Do you mean magical damage or physical damage?

Or you mean the sum of both, like BM's pet or Templar's shield?

15 minutes ago, Salazam said:

Bear's Stamina

Now the healing effect based on magic damage is also applied to up to 3-3-4-5-6 allied targets within 2 meters of the chief for 35% of the original healing.

I'd just make it a targetable skill, since no class has an AoE healing basic skill, not even support classes

And to make it fair, i'd let BM have the same change

16 minutes ago, Salazam said:

Clan's help

The buff effects granted by this ability are also applied to party members in the same location as the chieftain

I feel bad for the player that would have to fight a DK with 50% more defense

17 minutes ago, Salazam said:

Effect changed. Now teleports the player to the selected location, and deals magic damage to enemies within a 1m radius (3x3 area). Damage ratio 100-110-120-135%, magic power.

So Temporal Distortion?

1 minute ago, Khrone disse:

Do you mean magical damage or physical damage?

Or you mean the sum of both, like BM's pet or Templar's shield?

like the BM animal and the templar's shield, which is why the value is already so high.

2 minutes ago, Khrone disse:

So Temporal Distortion?

:Snorlax:

3 minutes ago, Khrone disse:

I feel bad for the player that would have to fight a DK with 50% more defense

it wouldn't be as strong, this passive skill has a low duration and isn't as practical to activate.

3 minutes ago, Khrone disse:

I'd just make it a targetable skill, since no class has an AoE healing basic skill, not even support classes

And to make it fair, i'd let BM have the same change

they won't remove healing from the Beastmaster, so I guess a little more healing for the legion isn't so bad.

48 minutes ago, Salazam said:

A lot is said about the chief, how OP the class is or the impact he has on every scenario in the game. In part, many of the complaints are true, some are exaggerated, so today, I come to propose a series of changes to the class.

For magic chiefs, improve their support function for allies, help them deal better with healing skills, and reduce their power to create danger zones especially in GvGs.

For the physical/hybrid boss, extend your blast window.

Blow of the spirit

Ps: this change mainly aims to add another physical damage ability to the chief, to extend the damage window that the class has and reduce the possibilities of One-shots.

I don't quite understand, I'm guessing you mean that this skill should work with the predominant damage. 

Eagle Eye

The bleeds caused by this ability no longer cause a "stopping" effect on enemies when they are moving.

Ps: with the number of bleeds that the chief has, in some situations it is extremely difficult to move around and exit some important skills due to the constant hangs that the character gives.

Im okay with this, anw i ain't phy chief

Bear's Stamina

Ps: Add some form of support to this skill, as well as valuing its maximization.

Since mages feel our "twin" this skill gonna apeshit them. 

But good idea

Wolf's Alacrity

Ps: reduce the chieftain's power if escaping or pursuing, as well as reducing his advantage in situations that require a lot of movement.

Damage reduced by 35% at all levels. (5/5 = 135% of the chief's physical damage)

I would leave it by 15% on each level, 35% It's too much punishment. 

I highly disagree on decreasing movement speed, the only usage of that skill on magic builds is the movement speed. 

Clan's help

Ps: The idea here is to add a second form of support to the class, as well as increase the value of this skill.

If there is someone that added points to that skill, would be insane adding 50% of defense to everyone, specially to tank classes. 

I would rework it, its useless on magic builds anyway 

Curse of the Plague

Name changed to "Cunning of the beast" (former talent name)

Key Talent:  Cunning of the beast

Name changed to: Curse of the Plague

Effect changed, now pulls enemies within a 2 meter radius closer to the chief, applies the "Curse of the Plague" penalty to them for 5s, the effect reduces their attack speed and ability cooldown by 25%. 

Ps: This is one of the chief's most controversial abilities since its launch, it should be a central piece of the magic chief's kit, but ends up being underused due to its various design problems.

Im okay with this, but  the curse of the plague  cd/speed effect still being pathetic.. I would leave it just an aditional effect without changing the teleport effect. 

Swooping Army

Now the skill deals more damage at the beginning, and decreases over time.

Currently causes

60% magic damage every 1s for 5 seconds.

Now the skill lasts 6 seconds, deals 100% damage on the 1st hit

75% on 2nd hit

50% on the 3rd hit

25% on the 4th, 5th and 6th hits. Final damage value unchanged. 300% of the chief's magic damage.

Ps: The idea behind this change is to strengthen the magic chief in arenas when dealing with a lot of healing, as he has more immediate damage, without removing his damage over time, also to avoid situations especially in gvgs where chiefs can create a zone of great damage for a long time.

Hmmm, dont know really if this is good or not

Rugged Hide

Damage reduction reduced to 25% innate and 1% for every 5% health lost. Duration Increased by 12s at all levels.

Ps: Reduce the strength of this skill combined with some other factors, and modify it to be a skill that will always be within the chief's reach.

Also removing the ability to use the skill on allies, other changes were made to compensate for this.

This is a strong punishment specially to magic chiefs, because cloth armors dont bring enough defense. 

Currently with 40% We are already weak against instant damage dealers such as bladedancers, reapers, rogues, seekers, rangers, hunters.. Since this skill just gets Enhanced with constant health loss, this means the initial damage just decreases flat 40%. This means the first blow is always powerful. 

Frenzy

Damage reduced by 10% at all levels.

I might agree if removes the stupid manaburning stun combo, and adds the stun effect to this skill.  

35 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

I don't quite understand, I'm guessing you mean that this skill should work with the predominant damage.

magic damage + physical damage = final damage of the skill. similar to the templar's shield and the beastmaster's pet

36 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

would leave it by 15% on each level, 35% It's too much punishment. 

I highly disagree on decreasing movement speed, the only usage of that skill on magic builds is the movement speed

you would have a new ability for locomotion, so the movement reduction wouldn't be so bad. about the damage of both this ability and frenzy, are being added to "Blow of the spirits"

39 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

If there is someone that added points to that skill, would be insane adding 50% of defense to everyone, specially to tank classes. 

I would rework it, its useless on magic builds anyway

it wouldn't be that strong, defense increases give a very low overall reduction, especially in pvp.

but the values could be adjusted, after all it would become an area skill, and today it is a single target.

42 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

Im okay with this, but  the curse of the plague  cd/speed effect still being pathetic.. I would leave it just an aditional effect without changing the teleport effect

The idea here is to give a new form of mobility to all chieftains, as they would have less movement speed.

and provide some value to talent in different scenarios of the game.

in a DG with many mobs, like the Ancient Temple, you could group the monsters together for a quick cleanse with the Eagle's eye, in GvGs it would be an option to consider to group enemies.

for arenas it might not be as strong, but then you would have the option of using other talents.

45 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

This is a strong punishment specially to magic chiefs, because cloth armors dont bring enough defense. 

Currently with 40% We are already weak against instant damage dealers such as bladedancers, reapers, rogues, seekers, rangers, hunters.. Since this skill just gets Enhanced with constant health loss, this means the initial damage just decreases flat 40%. This means the first blow is always powerful

this is the strongest damage reduction ability in the game, together with the orkinus book it leaves the chieftain very strong and with no counter attack options. Making it a permanent buff would make it easier to control its power, if the reduction is low, just increase the values.

48 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

Since mages feel our "twin" this skill gonna apeshit them. 

I personally don't believe much in twin classes, even the most similar ones are still very different. This change along with clan's help is to bring the support of a chieftain and a beastmaster a little closer together.

They are not the same classes, but they both play an important role on the front line, and chieftains providing defensive power to nearby allies may be what is needed for legionaries to have better defensive capabilities outside of shaman totems.

3 hours ago, Salazam said:

Rugged Hide

Damage reduction reduced to 25% innate and 1% for every 5% health lost. Duration Increased by 12s at all levels.

i can more or less agree with some of the suggestions however the idea of reducing this skill by almost 40% of its value being the only skill a chief use to be the frontline it is, is a bit "too much" when you have seekers, bd and other classes dealing nearly 4k hits it will bypass the health lost % factor meaning the chief would go from 50% hp to 0 from 1 hit or somewhere near that and the idea of removing the skill from being used on allies is like the nail to the coffin if a chief wanted to be a support to his party this is their go to skill to do that and you basically take that from them.

rugg need to be toned down a bit one way or another but its a very sensitive skill as the chief is highly dependable on it reducing it too much would result in the death of the class impact.

3 hours ago, Salazam said:

Wolf's Alacrity

reducing the movement speed of this skill would also means the reduction of seekers and BM movement speed skills as it would be unfair to reduce Legion only move speed skill and not do that to the 2 skills elves have " otherwise i would say this is a biased suggestion"

also the reduction the skill damage this much harms the mdmg playstyle too since the skill is phydmg based only meaning it does little to no dmg already for mdmg chief making it completely useless to mdmg chief more than it already is

i would way to reduce the damage of this skill by a small % and make it deal damage based on the highest dmg ( mdmg or phy dmg ) the character has to make the skill more useful to the mdmg playstyle to be more than a move speed skill

1 hour ago, Lilweasel said:

Currently with 40% We are already weak against instant damage dealers such as bladedancers, reapers, rogues, seekers, rangers, hunters.. Since this skill just gets Enhanced with constant health loss, this means the initial damage just decreases flat 40%. This means the first blow is always powerful. 

you cant play a light armor chief in pvp, the class relies completely on getting high cooldown to keep rugged and resist on as much as possible so you dont die insantly, which means using cloth gears. Making rugged give flat 50-55% dmg reduction and removing the increase based on lost hp would solve the unkillable problem already. they dont die easily because they get up to near 70% dmg reduction at low hp now so it requires some high dmg class in order to finish them off usually.

27 minutes ago, Sandels said:

the class relies completely on getting high cooldown to keep rugged and resist on as much as possible so you dont die insantly, which means using cloth gears.

A lot of light armor sets have Cooldown Reduction bonus

41 minutes ago, Abi disse:

i can more or less agree with some of the suggestions however the idea of reducing this skill by almost 40% of its value being the only skill a chief use to be the frontline it is, is a bit "too much" when you have seekers, bd and other classes dealing nearly 4k hits it will bypass the health lost % factor meaning the chief would go from 50% hp to 0 from 1 hit or somewhere near that and the idea of removing the skill from being used on allies is like the nail to the coffin if a chief wanted to be a support to his party this is their go to skill to do that and you basically take that from them.

rugg need to be toned down a bit one way or another but its a very sensitive skill as the chief is highly dependable on it reducing it too much would result in the death of the class impact

As I said above, I think the main thing here would be to make it an ability that is always active, regardless of books or CD, it would be easier to balance and find an acceptable damage reduction value, if the values are low, just increase it a little.

about using on allies. There are some moments where this ends up getting in the way, making it a personal skill makes its use faster and more consistent, and avoids creating the problem of a single chieftain keeping the skill active in 2 different players.

maybe a flat reduction of 40% +/- would be the best option. BM initially has 35%, which can be reduced throughout the battle, but they have other forms of defense, chieftains only have leather.

41 minutes ago, Abi disse:

reducing the movement speed of this skill would also means the reduction of seekers and BM movement speed skills as it would be unfair to reduce Legion only move speed skill and not do that to the 2 skills elves have " otherwise i would say this is a biased suggestion"

also the reduction the skill damage this much harms the mdmg playstyle too since the skill is phydmg based only meaning it does little to no dmg already for mdmg chief making it completely useless to mdmg chief more than it already is

i would way to reduce the damage of this skill by a small % and make it deal damage based on the highest dmg ( mdmg or phy dmg ) the character has to make the skill more useful to the mdmg playstyle to be more than a move speed skill

in fact seekers and beastmasters only have 35% movement speed, only the chieftain has 50%, this reduction actually serves to make the 3 classes equal

About damage, for physical ones they were moved to The Blow of the spirits.

for magics it would no longer be a mandatory skill, after all the old mouse would become a movement skill, similar to teleportation of wizards, paladins and reapers.

Edited by Salazam

40 minutes ago, Sandels disse:

you cant play a light armor chief in pvp, the class relies completely on getting high cooldown to keep rugged and resist on as much as possible so you dont die insantly, which means using cloth gears. Making rugged give flat 50-55% dmg reduction and removing the increase based on lost hp would solve the unkillable problem already. they dont die easily because they get up to near 70% dmg reduction at low hp now so it requires some high dmg class in order to finish them off usually

Maybe a flat reduction of around 40% for a long time would be a good option. In my opinion, one of the best ways to balance this ability is to make it a long-lasting effect.

weaker but permanent reduction, without changing strength as the chieftain loses HP

11 minutes ago, Salazam said:

There are some moments where this ends up getting in the way,

same thing goes for paladin skills like shield or hp increase skill the idea of the skill to be able to benefit your allies too, in that logic paladin shouldn't be able to use their skills on allies or templar shouldn't be able to use their "mantra of healing" on an ally because it can end up getting in the way
the idea of being able to use the skill on an ally is essential to making the class more than a solo playing class 
and the idea of having a chieftain maintaining the skill active on 2 players is nearly impossible the only way i could ever see it happening is by having 2 players with orci book and if you base your judgment on the 1% players rather than the 99% players who dont have those books then your judgement is flawed 

18 minutes ago, Salazam said:

maybe a flat reduction of 40% +/- would be the best option. BM initially has 35%, which can be reduced throughout the battle, but they have other forms of defense, chieftains only have leather.

the reduction BM has also the factor of healing the BM every time the cat heals so its not like they have JUST dmg redu they have more into it unlike the chief 

21 minutes ago, Salazam said:

in fact seekers and beastmasters only have 35% movement speed, only the chieftain has 50%, this reduction actually serves to make the 3 classes equal

the seeker has stun and invisibility on top of that movement speed ( and some resistance with talent )
BM skill has a whole different mechanics to the skill if the cat is alive making it more than "just" move speed skill
chief skill does damage on top of movement speed

each of these skills have its own unique mechanism that makes each class different in its own way
you talking about making the skill EQUAL in terms of movement speed but not talk about stun or invisibility like seeker do make it biased adjustment in my opinion not to mention you ask for the reduction of damage of skill too ( making the skill fall behind compared to the other skills )

26 minutes ago, Salazam said:

About damage, for physical ones they were moved to The Blow of the spirits.

for magics it would no longer be a mandatory skill, after all the old mouse would become a movement skill, similar to teleportation of wizards, paladins and reapers.

making a skill "useless" to the class isn't balancing, its removing its impact and backbone

4 minutes ago, Abi disse:

same thing goes for paladin skills like shield or hp increase skill the idea of the skill to be able to benefit your allies too, in that logic paladin shouldn't be able to use their skills on allies or templar shouldn't be able to use their "mantra of healing" on an ally because it can end up getting in the way
the idea of being able to use the skill on an ally is essential to making the class more than a solo playing class 
and the idea of having a chieftain maintaining the skill active on 2 players is nearly impossible the only way i could ever see it happening is by having 2 players with orci book and if you base your judgment on the 1% players rather than the 99% players who dont have those books then your judgement is flawed

one of the parts of the edit is that the ability would have an increase of 12s in duration at all levels, in addition templar and paladins are classes with high support, unlike the chieftain, to compensate for this change other changes were made so that the chieftain would not completely lost its support capacity.

7 minutes ago, Abi disse:

the reduction BM has also the factor of healing the BM every time the cat heals so its not like they have JUST dmg redu they have more into it unlike the chief

They have healing but damage reduction is not fixed.

Furthermore, I made an edit to this skill in my post.

9 minutes ago, Abi disse:

the seeker has stun and invisibility on top of that movement speed ( and some resistance with talent )
BM skill has a whole different mechanics to the skill if the cat is alive making it more than "just" move speed skill
chief skill does damage on top of movement speed

each of these skills have its own unique mechanism that makes each class different in its own way
you talking about making the skill EQUAL in terms of movement speed but not talk about stun or invisibility like seeker do make it biased adjustment in my opinion not to mention you ask for the reduction of damage of skill too ( making the skill fall behind compared to the other skills )

all skills have extra effects

seekers: Inv, mov speed and stun

bms: removal of debuffs and mov speed (without pet) or possibility of saving for the pet.

chieftain: Damage, movement speed and slow to the enemy.

12 minutes ago, Abi disse:

making a skill "useless" to the class isn't balancing, its removing its impact and backbone

the skill would not be useless, it would still have the damage, it would still have the permanent movement speed and it would still slow enemies.

this is an extremely powerful ability and needs to be adjusted.

35 minutes ago, Salazam said:

weaker but permanent reduction

Then it would have to become a passive, since we already have a constant expert skill :pig1gy: the mana consumption would be huge

I know the Seeker also has 2 constant skills, but one of them is a basic skill which you can put relics to decrease its mana consumption

16 minutes ago, Khrone disse:

Then it would have to become a passive, since we already have a constant expert skill :pig1gy: the mana consumption would be huge

I know the Seeker also has 2 constant skills, but one of them is a basic skill which you can put relics to decrease its mana consumption

not permanent with mana consumption, but a normal buff skill with increased duration

It could be a passive too, but then the values would need to be rethought

It turned out to be a long post, I would like you to take a look. @Dr Strange 

I'm not sure if you come here often

Edited by Salazam

3 minutes ago, Salazam said:

not permanent with mana consumption, but a normal buff skill with increased duration

It could be a passive too, but then the values would need to be rethought

It turned out to be a long post, I would like you to take a look. @Dr Strange 

I'm not sure if it's around these parts.

I read it wrong lol my bad

All players bored of unfair balances after this rebalance many players will leave game if it will be unfair again.

All bored of it.Everytime sentinel classes were better than legions .

•Sentinels have more population and they dominate forum and always talk lie just for make legion more dead side.

Developers need more care legion side life is hard at there this game didnt created just for sentinels.

•Most legion players just waiting this rebalance for a hope…

1 hour ago, Salazam said:

Maybe a flat reduction of around 40% for a long time would be a good option. In my opinion, one of the best ways to balance this ability is to make it a long-lasting effect.

weaker but permanent reduction, without changing strength as the chieftain loses HP

40% is too low considering how the class works. 50% bare minimum if you remove the added bonus when losing hp. currently youre at 62% dmg reduction at 30% hp and up to 70% when going lower hp, thats already 12% difference at 30% hp and even more the lower your hp gets which is already a big difference. making it a flat 50-55% would make it alot easier to deal with them already cause they would not be so tanky at low hp therefore alot easier to finish off.

5 minutes ago, Sandels disse:

40% is too low considering how the class works. 50% bare minimum if you remove the added bonus when losing hp. currently youre at 62% dmg reduction at 30% hp and up to 70% when going lower hp, thats already 12% difference at 30% hp and even more the lower your hp gets which is already a big difference. making it a flat 50-55% would make it alot easier to deal with them already cause they would not be so tanky at low hp therefore alot easier to finish off.

the skill is currently very strong, and 40% damage reduction is no small feat, in addition the chieftain has a healing skill to help, in addition to vampirism.

Taking into account all possible factors and also the fact that the ability would always be active, this reduction would be very good, and as I already mentioned, it would be a testing space, if it became too weak the % would have to be adjusted. The main idea here is the change in the sa skill effect, the % is not so important.

27 minutes ago, N629 disse:

All players bored of unfair balances after this rebalance many players will leave game if it will be unfair again.

All bored of it.Everytime sentinel classes were better than legions .

•Sentinels have more population and they dominate forum and always talk lie just for make legion more dead side.

Developers need more care legion side life is hard at there this game didnt created just for sentinels.

•Most legion players just waiting this rebalance for a hope…

This is the place for you to express your suggestions, share with us your ideas or tips that could help with chieftain corrections

8 minutes ago, Salazam said:

Taking into account all possible factors and also the fact that the ability would always be active, this reduction would be very good

you can already have it permanently on if you have high cooldown so the duration increase would not do anything

10 minutes ago, Salazam said:

40% damage reduction is no small feat

it would be a direct 1/3 nerf to the skill which is unreasonable though, from 60-70% dmg reduction at low hp to 40% means you take almost half of it away.

4 minutes ago, Sandels disse:

it would be a direct 1/3 nerf to the skill which is unreasonable though, from 60-70% dmg reduction at low hp to 40% means you take almost half of it away.

chieftain is a high damage class (that wouldn't change, in fact it's likely he would have more damage after the adjustments), having so much damage reduction doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, one of the reasons for this change is to reduce the difference between a chief with immense amounts of CD to the average chiefs. and remove the interaction of this ability with the orkinus book

These changes are not buffs, they are adjustments, you gain something and lose something. would gain damage, group support, lose some defense and single target support.

would lose movement speed, gain teleportation. There are two sentinel classes with target-independent mobility skills (mage and paladin), and only one legion class, (reaper).

3 hours ago, Sandels said:

you cant play a light armor chief in pvp, the class relies completely on getting high cooldown to keep rugged and resist on as much as possible so you dont die insantly, which means using cloth gears. Making rugged give flat 50-55% dmg reduction and removing the increase based on lost hp would solve the unkillable problem already. they dont die easily because they get up to near 70% dmg reduction at low hp now so it requires some high dmg class in order to finish them off usually.

50% dmg reduction is way too strong. Seekers get that but it's at the cost of -70% max hp. And yet ppl claim they are super tanky. Having these lvls of damage reduction is just too much for a class that can heal and do massive aoe and single target damage.

Edited by vavavi

32 minutes ago, vavavi said:

Seekers get that but it's at the cost of -70% max hp

Nobody forces seekers to use it, but you forgot that their dmg gets practically doubled by it, missed just a small detail but nvm i guess.

35 minutes ago, vavavi said:

50% dmg reduction is way too strong

Its a low def frontline class with no other ways to negate dmg apart from that 1 skill, i find it reasonable while it being flat 50% practically nerfs the skill by like 30% overall already.

39 minutes ago, vavavi said:

Seekers get that but it's at the cost of -70% max hp.

They also have 25% damage reduction from Harad's Shield though

20 minutes ago, Sandels said:

Nobody forces seekers to use it, but you forgot that their dmg gets practically doubled by it, missed just a small detail but nvm i guess.

Its a low def frontline class with no other ways to negate dmg apart from that 1 skill, i find it reasonable while it being flat 50% practically nerfs the skill by like 30% overall already.

Chiefs aren't inherently a frontline class though. They're perfectly capable of hanging in the middle of the pack, casting their high dmg aoe skills. The fact that a low def cloth user class can even play frontline better than tanks designed for it, speaks volumes already about how broken their skill set is.

13 minutes ago, vavavi said:

The fact that a low def cloth user class can even play frontline better than tanks designed for it

chiefs are designed for it though, thats why all of their dmg is melee range except 1 skill. the same way mages are except mage can actually use alot of skills from range still and got no penalty like chief that loses half of its kit when going either phys or magic dmg. And you have no idea how bad barb and dk are, they are completely paper unlike warden and pala who can atleast heal properly and got good dmg reduction, not to mention passively heal aswell.

16 minutes ago, vavavi said:

casting their high dmg aoe skills

One skill, swooping army, thats it. Rat is out of the question as its bad.

25 minutes ago, vavavi said:

Chiefs aren't inherently a frontline class though.

I don't remember seeing a Cheiftain using a staff or a bow

25 minutes ago, vavavi said:

They're perfectly capable of hanging in the middle of the pack, casting their high dmg aoe skills.

Just 1 skill, or 2 if you consider Curse of the Plague without the talent, though i wouldn't consider the latter as a "high dmg" skill lol

Using that logic, then Paladins and DKs aren't a frontline class since they can use Harad's Banner or Knight's Curse/Sharp Shadow at a safe distance

Edited by Khrone

3 hours ago, Khrone said:

I don't remember seeing a Cheiftain using a staff or a bow

Just 1 skill, or 2 if you consider Curse of the Plague without the talent, though i wouldn't consider the latter as a "high dmg" skill lol

Using that logic, then Paladins and DKs aren't a frontline class since they can use Harad's Banner or Knight's Curse/Sharp Shadow at a safe distance

Paladins and dk are tanks, aren't those the exact classes supposed to be there tanking the dmg? 

Sure, phys chiefs aren't capable of doing anything from far away, but that doesn't mean they're supposed to be tanking all of it either. Same way bds, rogues, seekers, reapers(reapers kinda can with dd) can't just run into the frontline and deal their massive bursts. Chief being able to do equal single target dmg comparable to all those classes, while also doing massive aoe, and being the tank is just plain broken.

Imagine if seekers could just run in, survive and constantly slap ppl around with their attack instinct. That would be ridiculously overpowered, much like chiefs are now. Except that chiefs do this aoe passively even if you somehow land a stun through their nearly permanent resist.

3 hours ago, Sandels said:

chiefs are designed for it though, thats why all of their dmg is melee range except 1 skill. the same way mages are except mage can actually use alot of skills from range still and got no penalty like chief that loses half of its kit when going either phys or magic dmg. And you have no idea how bad barb and dk are, they are completely paper unlike warden and pala who can atleast heal properly and got good dmg reduction, not to mention passively heal aswell.

One skill, swooping army, thats it. Rat is out of the question as its bad.

Rogues, bds, seekers and reapers also only do melee damage, mostly anyway. High bursts of it, but they're unable to just do that freely while being immune and under damage reduction. Also they don't just passively do aoe dmg like eagle does. These classes are balanced in group fights because they are counterable, while chiefs just aren't.

10 hours ago, Salazam said:

this is the strongest damage reduction ability in the game, together with the orkinus book it leaves the chieftain very strong and with no counter attack options. Making it a permanent buff would make it easier to control its power, if the reduction is low, just increase the values.

Bro, the skill full power is like 70% - 75% of damage reduction, 40% is only the initial effect. 

Tell me how u stand the current damage meta with only 25%?

We will die before the skill start increasing the effect :pokerface_2:

4 hours ago, vavavi said:

Chiefs aren't inherently a frontline class though. They're perfectly capable of hanging in the middle of the pack, casting their high dmg aoe skills. The fact that a low def cloth user class can even play frontline better than tanks designed for it, speaks volumes already about how broken their skill set is.

Chief and mages are frontline classes, mostly of their skills are melee effect, specially chieftains, its basically his playstyle, how do you fight being in the rear if you're  melee class ? 

11 minutes ago, Lilweasel disse:

Bro, the skill full power is like 70% - 75% of damage reduction, 40% is only the initial effect. 

Tell me how u stand the current damage meta with only 25%?

We will die before the skill start increasing the effect

As I said before here, don't get so attached to the numbers, but rather to the reformulated effects. numbers constantly change in tests, if 40% is not enough, it should be increased. however, the main idea is to be a fixed, long-lasting reduction (avoid synergies with high recharge values and book t5), also to remove the ability to be used on allies (prevent a single chief from protecting two people).

a shaman has a 50% reduction for 8s and is already quite strong, the chief's reduction would become a long-lasting ability, so you need to think before throwing yourself into the middle of many enemies.

chieftains are not a tank class. They need to be in the middle of combat, of course, and for that they have damage reduction, but a damage class throwing themselves into the middle of many enemies without any concern is not something that should happen.

one thing to remember, my suggestion is mainly a nerf to the strongest damage reduction ability in the game.

33 minutes ago, vavavi disse:

Sure, phys chiefs aren't capable of doing anything from far away, but that doesn't mean they're supposed to be tanking all of it either

This

people are so conditioned that chieftains need 70% damage reductions that anything other than that seems like a gigantic nerf.

would you become a more fragile class? Yes, that's the intention, to depend more on your healing and other tools in your skill kit, to know when you can or can't get into a fight.

Several other changes were made to ensure that this nerf was not so noticeable in large-scale fights, such as the addition of area healing (multiple chieftains = more survival for the front line), a new teleport, without depending on talents, more consistency in damage, as well as increased explosive damage for the magical chieftain

2 hours ago, Lilweasel said:

Chief and mages are frontline classes, mostly of their skills are melee effect, specially chieftains, its basically his playstyle, how do you fight being in the rear if you're  melee class ? 

You don't, thats the point. Other melee classes aren't able to charge in and tank everything either. Theres a reason guilds rarely accept classes like rogues, reapers, bds or seekers.

Every class is supposed to have a weakness.

people are so conditioned that chieftains need 70% damage reductions that anything other than that seems like a gigantic nerf.

Man rugged hide Is basically the only defensive skill the class have, i could be okay on nerfing it, If the class had any other. But it's only one, if the GM doesn't plan to add another, obviously it must be strong enough not to require another

would you become a more fragile class? Yes, that's the intention, to depend more on your healing and other tools in your skill kit, to know when you can or can't get into a fight.

Several other changes were made to ensure that this nerf was not so noticeable in large-scale fights, such as the addition of area healing (multiple chieftains = more survival for the front line), a new teleport, without depending on talents, more consistency in damage, as well as increased explosive damage for the magical chieftain

Im okay with that healing idea, but If it's about our own survival, we can't rely on healing alone. Anyone can counteract healing with damage especially if the idea is to leave the rugged hide at 25%.. 

Personally, I think that if the idea is to nerf rugged hide, the best thing to do would be to increase the amount of health required for each increase in the effect, this will drastically reduce the final amount of damage reduction, without leaving the class to its fate. 

1 minute ago, vavavi said:

You don't, thats the point. Other melee classes aren't able to charge in and tank everything either. Theres a reason guilds rarely accept classes like rogues, reapers, bds or seekers.

Every class is supposed to have a weakness.

They cant Because they arent focused aoe, mostly of them are 1v1 combat  while mages/chief are highly needed  in the frontline to Prevent Breakthrough,  As well as breaking defenses. 

The blitzkrieg my dude