Using Shield!

Saber

Question

DK or Paladin, can't really pick between the two

DK has a defensive skill that lasts forever and is base on your physical defense & threads makes it easier to position boss to evade trash mobs while Paladin have a heal increasing aura and a 400+ mini heal while using shield & their AoE stun good for lab runs.

I'll help you on picking one from either 2, go with the faction you like best.

i like DK more then Paladin,but thats just a personal oppinion

sange is right,take the class of the faction you like more..

Yup, DK is more fun to play cause it's both good for offense and defense

Paladin seems more of a defensive supporter/tank

but ofcourse it always comes down to the player's gamestyle

Yup, DK is more fun to play cause it's both good for offense and defense

Paladin seems more of a defensive supporter/tank

true,and i hate that fact :D

ppl in kota often just pm me with: "HEAL!!!!"  ;D

To be honest and no offense to any dk players, but Paladin is the best choice. Its simple, with pala you can solo bosses with 40k life, and without using pots. I say this because you are more than likely to stay alive due to critical heals. Crit heals can reach as high as 950 with the right astral gear and skill distribution. And critical heals are based on your critical % stat. So imagine being in a party, those mini heals, sometimes out do priests heals. Dk has really good def skills, but eventually you will be potting to stay alive, unless you are relying on regen gear/regen scrolls. But for tanking, I would recommend paladin, pala has real heroic endurance for tanking.

As we all already know, pala is a support class, not much of a pvp class, and tanking is where pala can be most effective in this game.

To be honest and no offense to any dk players, but Paladin is the best choice. Its simple, with pala you can solo bosses with 40k life, and without using pots. I say this because you are more than likely to stay alive due to critical heals. Crit heals can reach as high as 950 with the right astral gear and skill distribution. And critical heals are based on your critical % stat. So imagine being in a party, those mini heals, sometimes out do priests heals. Dk has really good def skills, but eventually you will be potting to stay alive, unless you are relying on regen gear/regen scrolls. But for tanking, I would recommend paladin, pala has real heroic endurance for tanking.

As we all already know, pala is a support class, not much of a pvp class.

I don't think they mean tank solo more like with a healer, I've seen a DK tank 3 mobs at Khazh-maar with just a Shaman heal on him could probably do 2nd bosses in middle with necro and shaman.

I don't think they mean tank solo more like with a healer, I've seen a DK tank 3 mobs at Khazh-maar with just a Shaman heal on him could probably do 2nd bosses in middle with necro and shaman.

Oh  :crazy: ,........ I knew that.  :facepalm:

Pal? Eh the quests of chosen are hard :facepalm:

Yes they are pretty difficult. Everyone says this. I wonder why they are so much harder. Maybe there is something we don't know about one of the classes. Possibility. 

Pala rules :dirol: dk drools :crazy: who said hes bad at pvp.. Paladin can run lab unlike dk gets to eye in 20-30min.. He can tank 4adds set up at eye i do it always with pri by my side.. Using shield paladin 100% better.. Have u ever seen a dk pvp using shield and win? All of them uses spear to get the dark dmg :)

Yes they are pretty difficult. Everyone says this. I wonder why they are so much harder. Maybe there is something we don't know about one of the classes. Possibility.

This is so true.

from lv11-12 chosen island is a hell. I did with my mage from lv11-12 with a help of a lv18 druid. It took 4 hour :wacko:

Pala rules :dirol: dk drools :crazy: who said hes bad at pvp.. Paladin can run lab unlike dk gets to eye in 20-30min.. He can tank 4adds set up at eye i do it always with pri by my side.. Using shield paladin 100% better.. Have u ever seen a dk pvp using shield and win? All of them uses spear to get the dark dmg :)

Its like your reading my damn mind  :crazy:  :friends:

Everyone says and thinks pala sucks at pvp, and is only a support class. But you and I know that shit aint true, sange knows too, hes my pvp buddy  :friends: . Dk definitely better with a spear for pvp. If pala can solo bosses then he definitely a better shield tank than dk. Even with fetters, control surrounding mobs, save healers life all while tanking. Thats key.

Being a tank means obsorbing damage and keeping your party members alive. Dk's skills are not support skills, they are all self (dk) benifited skills. On the other hand all of pala's skills can be used to benifit the entire team. Aura buffs all healing on all party members, heal can be used on other party members (not just pala), and fetters doesnt just stun a single enemy but a whole area of mobs. Pala is 100% more effective in shield tanking than dk.

Have you ever seen Odjur? Ive used shield since level 1, i have same or better arena stats % then other respected DKs, i do similar dmg output compared to 2hs in arena, I tank 30-40k bosses without pots or healing spells. Im not a god, but 1h DK sure as heck can rape, it just requires more dedication to go 1h, you can cut more corners going 2h and still come out with same arena result most of the time.

with highest def a dk reduces 150~ or more damage lol even from magic attacks

while a paladin would receive full damage

dk can reduce any incoming attack's damage and if block/parry/dodge is high he ignores nearly any damage

for tank i take dk though paladin has nice healing skills but i prefer to reduce any damage from 200~ to 20~ then increasing heal from 250~ to 350~

in lab a dk can tank loads of mobs and its like a crazy "block parry 20 200 20 block" i've seen it on many high amped dk's and sometimes they just walk through mobs normally xD

though i like my paladin and i will level it up more maybe i change opinion  :)

Ps: both my dk and pala are mainly shield users

with highest def a dk reduces 150~ or more damage lol even from magic attacks

while a paladin would receive full damage

dk can reduce any incoming attack's damage and if block/parry/dodge is high he ignores nearly any damage

for tank i take dk though paladin has nice healing skills but i prefer to reduce any damage from 200~ to 20~ then increasing heal from 250~ to 350~

in lab a dk can tank loads of mobs and its like a crazy "block parry 20 200 20 block" i've seen it on many high amped dk's and sometimes they just walk through mobs normally xD

though i like my paladin and i will level it up more maybe i change opinion  :)

Ps: both my dk and pala are mainly shield users

seriously u joking right? :facepalm: u talk about dk dark armor which enables him to lowers dmg to him randomly and u forget to talk about paladins heal? paladin can heal 400+ thats without talking about critic healing.. he has aura + def + heal while dk lower dmg + def i can say for sure paladin and dk same amps using shield.. paladin will survive longer because of his healing effects  :diablo:

seriously u joking right? :facepalm: u talk about dk dark armor which enables him to lowers dmg to him randomly and u forget to talk about paladins heal? paladin can heal 400+ thats without talking about critic healing.. he has aura + def + heal while dk lower dmg + def i can say for sure paladin and dk same amps using shield.. paladin will survive longer because of his healing effects  :diablo:

lol

*paladin get damage crit by400+

*paladin uses heal 400+

whats the difference?

yea 1x 400+ every 13 seconds how useful wow

in 13 seconds a dk can ignore 1000+ damage with dark shield if many mobs hitting and lucky lol  ;D

and i agree that in a 1vs1 paladin has more chances i've seen gabraunth and it's amazing

made me want to level up my paladin

as i already said i do that and check how useful heal will be for me in higher levels  ::)

The topic of this thread is "using shield, who is the better tanker, pal or dk?".

Bottom line, paladins is most powerful with 1hand mace and shield (mace has astral and only pala can weild 1hand mace), dk is most powerful with spear (spear has dark magic, and only dk can wield spear). This says it all.

And there is one thing we are missing here. 1hand mace has more base damage than any other 1hand weapon. So pala can do the same amount of damage and even more.

After looking at all the information here, and its good from both sides, my opinion still rests with pala. Because pala can undo damage, dk can't. And pala has party friendly skills, dk doesn't. You are more likely to survive longer hunting/tanking with a paladin. 

The topic of this thread is "using shield, who is the better tanker, pal or dk?".

Bottom line, paladins is most powerful with 1hand mace and shield (mace has astral and only pala can weild 1hand mace), dk is most powerful with spear (spear has dark magic, and only dk can wield spear). <<<< This says it all.

And there is one thing we are missing here. 1hand mace has more base damage than any other 1hand weapon. So pala can do the same amount of damage and even more.

After looking at all the information here, and its good from both sides, my opinion still rests with pala. Because pala can undo damage, dk can't. And pala has party friendly skills, dk doesn't. You are more likely to survive longer hunting/tanking with a paladin.

:dirol: oh yeay

well between a dk and pala i chose paladin. Why? Well i have a friend dk with +8 amps. In lab its ok but pvp ... I tested a paladin with medium amps.. In lab is the best tank. But with a high amped mace and good heal you can kill all meles... I think a pala with good amps is the best tanker and pvp mele... My opinion, dont judge me.

Play games where you can dual-wield shields. If you can, it's good game.

Just a question regarding this.

Can you slap a shield skin onto a 1h?

Dont forget DS drains down DoT dmg to 0 for most DoT atks (including hamstring), and can easily negate as much dmg as pala heals with alittle luck.

And you guys cant forget the aspect of a DK tank have threads to pull ranged bosses to much more favorable spots and kill it then pala can.

Dont forget DS drains down DoT dmg to 0 for most DoT atks (including hamstring), and can easily negate as much dmg as pala heals with alittle luck.

And you guys cant forget the aspect of a DK tank have threads to pull ranged bosses to much more favorable spots and kill it then pala can.

This is true. But when tanking how can a dk support or protect other party members. Tanking is all about obsorbing damage and keeping party members alive. So maybe pala and dk are equal in soloing bosses, but dk has no support skills. A party can only rely on dk to tank. But a party can rely on pala to tank and support (heal, control mobs, increase healing effects). Pala can do the same as dk and more.

nice comments from anyone but after the update that made the paladin combo (foj+purifying) astral based that hits max 92x3 while a dk hit more dark without a spear in a single hit (that means faster for the next attack) , i vote for dk. they survive longer.

nice comments from anyone but after the update that made the paladin combo (foj+purifying) astral based that hits max 92x3 while a dk hit more dark without a spear in a single hit (that means faster for the next attack) , i vote for dk. they survive longer.

dude ur basing this on wht facts? have u ever tested pala vs dk.. i have tested my paladin +8doom mace vs dk +9spear 17 arena and i win 80% of times and i even tried vs dk using shield they sucked so bad i had 1500hp left because when he puts shield that let me heal more times x3 to x4 that meaning dk 3200hp vs pala 4500hp (x3 x4 times heal) better dk using spear to kill target faster.. shield for barb and pala.. barb better shield than dk  :diablo:

This topic is about using a shield and tanking, not pvp. Dk cant use a shield and spear at the same time lmao. And besides 2hand attacks every 3.2 seconds, mace at 2.4. Damages are equal. Not to mention foj.pur combo. And factor in the added shield stats and def.

dude ur basing this on wht facts? have u ever tested pala vs dk.. i have tested my paladin +8doom mace vs dk +9spear 17 arena and i win 80% of times and i even tried vs dk using shield they sucked so bad i had 1500hp left because when he puts shield that let me heal more times x3 to x4 that meaning dk 3200hp vs pala 4500hp (x3 x4 times heal) better dk using spear to kill target faster.. shield for barb and pala.. barb better shield than dk  :diablo:

Then US DKs are lame with shield. Only good shield pala on eu is gabraunth and I'd say we have our equal share of wins when we meet.

And shield barb would never beat a decent shield DK. I've done 10869 dmg in arena, how is that for a survival/dmg ratio and  won fights where I've been out-amped and out-classed.

I think dk is pretty effective using shield in pvp/arena. But I would think dk is better with a sword not an axe. And I think this because of the abyss zealots chopper (chopper maybe being related to barbs chop skill). That's how I see it. I don't think pala is very effective in using a 2hand hammer or axe for pvp. Pala is better with a shield for pvp and dk is better with a 2hand spear for pvp. But Bloodylips is really good with a shield, he makes it work. In fact sometimes that's what it comes down too, making it work. On eu emerald many say shield and mace is for noob, but I have changed the way people see pala because I made/make it work. Shield bearing takes a lot of skill practice, your attack is no match for high attacking classes/builds you have to make it work. There are still things undiscovered, some play on a surface level and its enough to get by and win, but some digg deep into there classes and find new interesting, tactical advantages. Its true.

One name I might mention is sulla. Dude has a new pvp tactic for every new one I come up with. He knows rouge better than any, that's for sure, he never does the same thing, and responds like he can see the future.

odjur woud kick ur ass  :bad: 8)

I still think tanking as "absorb damage" a dk would win.

IF LUCKY  and good def

also only when tanking many mobs at same time

the only one able to reduce damage heavily on any hit while heal is 13 seconds for pala and yes it can be high

+ a pala is the only one able to support party

as a SHIELD user dk gets benefit of  defence and damage reduction while a paladin gets defence and heal

and i won't forget the fact that dk loses potential on his dark magic but we talk about tanking here and there it's

important to go for tank stats not for magic stats lol  ::)

I'm not sure where i see greater benefit as i like dark shield but heal seems to be hard to up and

if i up heal i lose stats like block and penetration (rings&amulet) and high block% using shield is awesome while tanking

now i guess gabraunth and lallous will comment something but i wont look anymore  ;D

time to level up my paladin to see if i change opinions  :)

now i guess gabraunth and lallous will comment something but i wont look anymore  ;D

time to level up my paladin to see if i change opinions  :)

So funny. :lol: :good:

odjur woud kick ur ass  :bad: 8)

idk about eu much would be zool if odjur and i could pvp but in us sapphire no dk have meet zeus and lived to tell the tail  :crazy:

Llalous fight my dk in shield setup if you want to try it.  Alucardl.  I bet you run out of mana on my shield  ;D

Bottom line if you're talking about tanking as in a group setting (assuming shaman/druid and priest necro heals) dk wins a close call tho.  No other  tank ca absorb so much damage.  Yes the aura boost is decent and a small heal helps but dk with heals is a better tank in the true meaning of the word.

If you're talking about solo tanking mobs then paladin for sure.  Obviously heal puts him over the edge in this category. 

If you're talking about PvP well they're pretty close and just go with your favorite faction.