Longrange hitting WTF?!

juoppoja

Now few time when being in arena something really trolly happens when youre in the arena map where r 2 bridges and you see your enemy at arena there someone hits you from otherside of arena im not talking just about rangers becouse bd have ducked me up too and its really annoying cause you r running and try to see who r killing u!!!  :facepalm: :diablo: :crazy:

Yeah this sorta happened to me too, targeted someone at the beginning of match and before i even saw them i was hitting them, i untargeted and finished fight after we got close cuz i didnt wanna be labeled a cheater lol, ive heard of this happening a lot on that map, sorry you got hit  :bad:

• Developer

Now few time when being in arena something really trolly happens when youre in the arena map where r 2 bridges and you see your enemy at arena there someone hits you from otherside of arena im not talking just about rangers becouse bd have ducked me up too and its really annoying cause you r running and try to see who r killing u!!!  :facepalm: :diablo: :crazy:

Is it still happening after update?

Is it still happening after update?

Honestly snorlax i havent seen it happen since update, but i only saw it a few times to begin with...i thought it was fixed, if i do see again i will post on here.  ::)

Yeah this sorta happened to me too, targeted someone at the beginning of match and before i even saw them i was hitting them, i untargeted and finished fight after we got close cuz i didnt wanna be labeled a cheater lol, ive heard of this happening a lot on that map, sorry you got hit  :bad:

That incident happened to me weeks ago before update just so we are clear...

I too had something like this A BD hamsring my partner ranger and sap and was hitting him but I was not able to see where he was :unknw: only the animation of the skill were seen then I ran up and finally saw him chasing me, was he like in invisible mode :wacko:

i havent got the 3.2version yet becouse i play with symbian phone  and dont know has it happened after update hope at its fixed becouse its rly annoying.. No chance to win if u done even see ur opponent :D :facepalm:

HEY HEY HEY!!! IT HAPPENED JUST NOW!  :bomb:

yeah NOW!!! im here in the relic room and theres a bd chasing me around the rectangular block IN the middle of the house and suddenly, he is able to hit me from the exact opposite side of the block and im NOT lagging. fix this. its OUTSIDE the arena now. :facepalm:

HEY HEY HEY!!! IT HAPPENED JUST NOW!  :bomb:

yeah NOW!!! im here in the relic room and theres a bd chasing me around the rectangular block IN the middle of the house and suddenly, he is able to hit me from the exact opposite side of the block and im NOT lagging. fix this. its OUTSIDE the arena now. :facepalm:

Holy shittt, its more annoying now'!!  :crazy:

well it is a bug. im playing on perfect connection and yes it did happen on all maps. I tried arena with all my chars n wow enemy can atack from wayyyyy across the map. cant even kite them with my shaman or necro. Hope devs will check n fix this out  :good:

well it is a bug. im playing on perfect connection and yes it did happen on all maps. I tried arena with all my chars n wow enemy can atack from wayyyyy across the map. cant even kite them with my shaman or necro. Hope devs will check n fix this out  :good:

Its impossible for that to happen on all maps, you are exaggerating. In order for someone to attack you they have to click on you, i play on an iPad which shows me much more of the area around my character than my phone does and i still cant see all the way across all arena maps. It was only one map that had a problem and thats the one where the players can see eachother at the start of the map from across a river.

It makes it harder for the devs when you exaggerate your problems, please try to be more accurate.  :aggressive:

its very normal,caz rangers is rangers,they must shoot from long distance,mages ,druid,warlocks,shamans too

But were talking melee too, bd's, dk's, rogues, palas...  :aggressive:

Its impossible for that to happen on all maps, you are exaggerating. In order for someone to attack you they have to click on you, i play on an iPad which shows me much more of the area around my character than my phone does and i still cant see all the way across all arena maps. It was only one map that had a problem and thats the one where the players can see eachother at the start of the map from across a river.

It makes it harder for the devs when you exaggerate your problems, please try to be more accurate.  :aggressive:

exagerrate huh. like he mentioned we r talking about melee classes hittng from nowhere.lag issues not a problem here. wait til u xxperience it urself.  :wacko:

I have experienced that, and it was a lag issue lol like i said if the other user is far away and cant see you then they cant start attacking you until they do (obviously) so if they start attacking somehow and u dont see them then its lag!! Whether or not you have a good connection is irrelevant, if you physically are connected far far away from where the warspear servers are physically located then even at the speed of light that the data streams travel, you can still have up to 2-3 sec of delay (sometimes more depending on location), top that with a 4 sec lag at the start of the match due to a wifi router being far away or a cell tower connection in bad weather, and you have yourself a 7 sec lag possibility at the start of a match  :mega_shok:  Im not saying you are wrong im just explaining why im right LOL if the lag builds up even for a few seconds at the start of arena match then yes it will ruin the whole match.  :cray:

It's either from server lag ( game has delay but you don't see, example, you see your enemy 3 yards from you, so you put a trap where you are standing, but then the enemy isn't really 3 yards from you, he's 5 yards away, so he gets trapped 2 steps further than your trap is, or another one, simply running around in a 5x5 yard circle, the game makes you take the " fastest " way, so in your screen your running around in a circle, though what's really happening is that you're running in a diamond shape )

or either from stagger, stagger is when you hit your enemy and he stops moving for 1 second during that hit,

if you hit him too much, ex. Exhaust + Plash + Normal attack + Dark arrow, it causes too much stagger that he doesn't move at all, but what the players see, is that he still moves each 1 second for 1 yard then stops for 1 second from stagger.

And I see allot of people complaining that people shoot from other side of the map or Barbs charge from top bridge to down bridge.

This is caused from server lag, like the one I explained earlier with the circle motion.

it goes like this, in the map with 2 bridges up and down and you see your enemies at the start, when you target your enemy at the start and don't let go ( normal attacking ) and he goes up, in your screen it shows you going down, though at the start the " fastest " way to reach your enemy was taking the up way, so you're really going up to attack your enemy, though what players see is that you are attacking your enemy from the down when you are really up, same goes with charge/fear/blind/other single target skills, a simple re-log can fix this.

And another one is a map with many "obstacles" in the way, this makes you take the " fastest " way as I said earlier, though in your screen you're taking the way you want to go, the longer way.

If you got a pic of this arena map I can show you it more clearly, and if you wanna learn more of this you can pm me.

It's either from server lag ( game has delay but you don't see, example, you see your enemy 3 yards from you, so you put a trap where you are standing, but then the enemy isn't really 3 yards from you, he's 5 yards away, so he gets trapped 2 steps further than your trap is, or another one, simply running around in a 5x5 yard circle, the game makes you take the " fastest " way, so in your screen your running around in a circle, though what's really happening is that you're running in a diamond shape )

or either from stagger, stagger is when you hit your enemy and he stops moving for 1 second during that hit,

if you hit him too much, ex. Exhaust + Plash + Normal attack + Dark arrow, it causes too much stagger that he doesn't move at all, but what the players see, is that he still moves each 1 second for 1 yard then stops for 1 second from stagger.

And I see allot of people complaining that people shoot from other side of the map or Barbs charge from top bridge to down bridge.

This is caused from server lag, like the one I explained earlier with the circle motion.

it goes like this, in the map with 2 bridges up and down and you see your enemies at the start, when you target your enemy at the start and don't let go ( normal attacking ) and he goes up, in your screen it shows you going down, though at the start the " fastest " way to reach your enemy was taking the up way, so you're really going up to attack your enemy, though what players see is that you are attacking your enemy from the down when you are really up, same goes with charge/fear/blind/other single target skills, a simple re-log can fix this.

And another one is a map with many "obstacles" in the way, this makes you take the " fastest " way as I said earlier, though in your screen you're taking the way you want to go, the longer way.

If you got a pic of this arena map I can show you it more clearly, and if you wanna learn more of this you can pm me.

This was rly good information  O:-)

But were talking melee too, bd's, dk's, rogues, palas...  :aggressive:

Yea its a glitch.  I haven't sern the two bridge stage on forever.  But I have seen It a few times on regular maps as well.  Nothing better then getting blessing critical'd from 100 yards away

• 2 weeks later...
the problem continue happening i was in arena with my ranger in map with fences  1vs1 vs paladin i no had hp then wanna hide of my paladin enemy  running around the fences he was in up and me in down he trying catch me many minutes  impossible i was away but suddenly pala hit me i didnt got lag conection and nothing rare  :facepalm:

Yesterday it happened to me too. I was far away from BD in Arena and he was earthquaked from Shaman. Suddenly as the Quake ends his Hamstring arrived me from far  :shok:  ( a Distance of half Arena MAP )

i once did charge from top bridge to bottom bridge. Most epic charge in history. Everyone was like wtf. ah yes, i didnt notice the ring map gone :wacko:

And so it seems that i wasnt exaggerating at all.it does happen at how it sounded like all maps of arena. Well yet unsure if itsa bug or a lag issue. but i doubt its lag tho  :search:

Yesterday it happened to me too. I was far away from BD in Arena and he was earthquaked from Shaman. Suddenly as the Quake ends his Hamstring arrived me from far  :shok:  ( a Distance of half Arena MAP )

i think you see one image and enemy other :facepalm: 

• 1 month later...

Hate this happening, i was about 2 win, but i got hamstringed at the opposite side of the mapwith my druid when i was healing :lol: but it's just stupid to get charged by a barb from a very long distance

it just happened to me pvp cave quilla shot across the whole entire cave through that rock at back of cave and i wasnt lagging :facepalm: