Jump to content

Arena, how does it work?


King Death
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody! What's up? :wsbadass:

        Recently, on my server, there are very controversial situations where there are players stopped (AFK) in arena matches for the enemy team to win (cheating the system to win) and I don't even need to say how discouraging this is for regular players, as there are numerous complaints here on the forum. That said, I'm here to take the opportunity and share my vision with the arena over 10 years of experience with this game and I'll not only deal with frauds, but with everything that I believe should be innovated.

        I can start with what bothers me the most. Come on!

 


Why does arena equipment undergo so little variation?

        For years there was no "ferocity" attribute on PvP weapons, since implementation, only this year the "critical" attribute of weapons was removed, as this attribute is totally useless in competitive arena (if you aren't healer), and the same can be said of common equipment and greatness (Crit/Accu/HP/Def/CD). The PvP mode of the game in relation to equipment is almost without innovation, while PvE mode has so many innovations that it is almost impossible to keep up, are innovations of all kinds, in every update there is something new and the most important was so severe that it even impacted the PvP mode. Yes, is the mermem set... This equipment brought such a good combination that it drastically affected the composition of equipment for tanks, today it is mandatory for a competitive player to use, and the reason is obvious, it increases your max HP, reduces the damage received and even takes you out of some stun/debuff, this is so good it feels like cheating as only tanks can use it, no one else can use something like that, the other equips (cloth/light) does not compensate for the loss of resilience to gain skills that make little or none difference.
        Although there are so many recent innovations in the game, it is extremely urgent to implement innovations that are relevant to the game's PvP mode such as equipment that gives skills like mermem set, not only to not continue in the same, but that players can have more variety of equipment that require him to play and strategy for combinations of his character
*I need to mention that new dragonborns costume need to be inserted into the game, they are the best outfits.:wub:
I can make a post in the future giving suggestions about this, but I don't want to extend the text (Please use and abuse suggestions in the comments for more ideas)

                                                                                                      Cheating
        Since the creation of the arena, there has always been and always will be someone who cheats systems for their own benefit, so it is always necessary innovations to make the game truly competitive, exciting and fun.
        Currently the unresolved issues are: dmd AFK to harm the team, bots, account sharing with character 24h/D to guarantee victory in the tournament, win/lose relay and escape to farm/spam with low level. I believe that with a support effectively dedicated to solving these problems, it would decrease about 90% of the cases, and when I say dedicated, it is more than using auto replies or asking for evidence from the player for using bot/share acc, because there is no way to player prove it in a simple way :dry:

 

Suggestions:

  1. The first and simplest is: simply remove the "fight" button after the combat is over, so that the player could only fight again by pressing the command manually (or using a more complex bot); -No bot and no AFKs
  2. Less simple: it would be using the mechanic of not being able to fight in the arena while dead, but now the player must do something to be able to enter the arena (walk or use skill, as well as when revived); -No Bots
  3. Complex: this mode would very drastically change the pairing of the arena. It's the rank method, where players from positions #1 to #20 (for example) would have rank "X" and players of this rank could only fight each other, and consequently #21 to #50 would be "Y" and also could only fight each other too; -No afk, no bots and maybe no share
  4. Very complex: Change in arena reward mode and daily limitation of fights per arena.
    Now the 2x2 arena (for example) would reward the amount that the #1 would win at the end of the tour divided by hours, and whoever is better during the daily limits will get most of the reward.
    Ex.: 50k/28d/24h= 75 imperials of greatness per hour; -That way there would be no unfair dispute over account sharing, as it would not be necessary.
  5. Implementation of mandatory level for arena groups, like 5x5/Crucible/Seals 4x4. Levels 1 to 17 cant fight with 18 to 32. -thus, the anti game would not be allowed to run to low level, and consequently spend days in a row sharing account and competing unfairly.

 

        I'm sure the developers already know something like this, and will be able to implement this and other innovations simultaneously, but with the support of the players, maybe this could be faster.
I haven't finished this text yet, if I have new ideas, I promise to bring them here. I ask that everyone can bring new ideas for both problems, constructive criticism is always welcome. Thank you so much!😄
Edited by King Death
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 6:18 AM, King Death said:

Complex: this mode would very drastically change the pairing of the arena. It's the rank method, where players from positions #1 to #20 (for example) would have rank "X" and players of this rank could only fight each other, and consequently #21 to #50 would be "Y" and also could only fight each other too; -No afk, no bots and maybe no share

lol how to change ranks if those players not dmd? the lower ranks would reach them and so on

On 7/29/2022 at 7:59 AM, Kennyackermann said:

i think your problem its that u have both orcinus and octopus book and can't win arena ranks 😭

:haha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can't forget about the famous "Arena Rats" who form a group with a player of a lower level than theirs to escape from level 32 players and not take "blocks" in the gladiator arena.

 

Example: arenas 25/28 - 29/32 are totally different, so the dmd of level 28 players with players from 29 to 31 should not be allowed, this act ends up totally damaging the level 29/32 arena.

 

One way to "fix" this bug would be to implement the same demand system as in 5v5 and 3v3 arenas, where level 18/32 players cannot drop/dmd with players level 17 and below. Making it so that only players 29/32, 25/28 can drop/dmd only players of their arena level

Edited by Iamcrazy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the question is not necessarily he dmd low or not, but the afk in the arena that ends up with both sides even more legionaries who need a specific combination with other players to guarantee victory. (stop focusing my charmer

 

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Poga said:

 

that would solve some problem, but not all of them, unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Iamcrazy said:

arenas 25/28 - 29/32 are totally different, so the dmd of level 28 players with players from 29 to 31 should not be allowed, this act ends up totally damaging the level 29/32 arena

thats true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, King Death said:

Hello everybody! What's up? :wsbadass:

        Recently, on my server, there are very controversial situations where there are players stopped (AFK) in arena matches for the enemy team to win (cheating the system to win) and I don't even need to say how discouraging this is for regular players, as there are numerous complaints here on the forum. That said, I'm here to take the opportunity and share my vision with the arena over 10 years of experience with this game and I'll not only deal with frauds, but with everything that I believe should be innovated.

        I can start with what bothers me the most. Come on!

 


Why does arena equipment undergo so little variation?

        For years there was no "ferocity" attribute on PvP weapons, since implementation, only this year the "critical" attribute of weapons was removed, as this attribute is totally useless in competitive arena (if you aren't healer), and the same can be said of common equipment and greatness (Crit/Accu/HP/Def/CD). The PvP mode of the game in relation to equipment is almost without innovation, while PvE mode has so many innovations that it is almost impossible to keep up, are innovations of all kinds, in every update there is something new and the most important was so severe that it even impacted the PvP mode. Yes, is the mermem set... This equipment brought such a good combination that it drastically affected the composition of equipment for tanks, today it is mandatory for a competitive player to use, and the reason is obvious, it increases your max HP, reduces the damage received and even takes you out of some stun/debuff, this is so good it feels like cheating as only tanks can use it, no one else can use something like that, the other equips (cloth/light) does not compensate for the loss of resilience to gain skills that make little or none difference.
        Although there are so many recent innovations in the game, it is extremely urgent to implement innovations that are relevant to the game's PvP mode such as equipment that gives skills like mermem set, not only to not continue in the same, but that players can have more variety of equipment that require him to play and strategy for combinations of his character
*I need to mention that new dragonborns costume need to be inserted into the game, they are the best outfits.:wub:
I can make a post in the future giving suggestions about this, but I don't want to extend the text (Please use and abuse suggestions in the comments for more ideas)

                                                                                                      Cheating
        Since the creation of the arena, there has always been and always will be someone who cheats systems for their own benefit, so it is always necessary innovations to make the game truly competitive, exciting and fun.
        Currently the unresolved issues are: dmd AFK to harm the team, bots, account sharing with character 24h/D to guarantee victory in the tournament, win/lose relay and escape to farm/spam with low level. I believe that with a support effectively dedicated to solving these problems, it would decrease about 90% of the cases, and when I say dedicated, it is more than using auto replies or asking for evidence from the player for using bot/share acc, because there is no way to player prove it in a simple way :dry:

 

Suggestions:

  1. The first and simplest is: simply remove the "fight" button after the combat is over, so that the player could only fight again by pressing the command manually (or using a more complex bot); -No bot and no AFKs
  2. Less simple: it would be using the mechanic of not being able to fight in the arena while dead, but now the player must do something to be able to enter the arena (walk or use skill, as well as when revived); -No Bots
  3. Complex: this mode would very drastically change the pairing of the arena. It's the rank method, where players from positions #1 to #20 (for example) would have rank "X" and players of this rank could only fight each other, and consequently #21 to #50 would be "Y" and also could only fight each other too; -No afk, no bots and maybe no share
  4. Very complex: Change in arena reward mode and daily limitation of fights per arena.
    Now the 2x2 arena (for example) would reward the amount that the #1 would win at the end of the tour divided by hours, and whoever is better during the daily limits will get most of the reward.
    Ex.: 50k/28d/24h= 75 imperials of greatness per hour; -That way there would be no unfair dispute over account sharing, as it would not be necessary.
  5. Implementation of mandatory level for arena groups, like 5x5/Crucible/Seals 4x4. Levels 1 to 17 cant fight with 18 to 32. -thus, the anti game would not be allowed to run to low level, and consequently spend days in a row sharing account and competing unfairly.

 

        I'm sure the developers already know something like this, and will be able to implement this and other innovations simultaneously, but with the support of the players, maybe this could be faster.
I haven't finished this text yet, if I have new ideas, I promise to bring them here. I ask that everyone can bring new ideas for both problems, constructive criticism is always welcome. Thank you so much!😄

 

 

I agree with your goal to the post , as the objective has always be to create a better envinroment to the main playerbase.

 

IMO 

1) COMPETITIVENESS

They should  either put in place 2 arena sections.

Casual and Ranked.

Casual being available 24/7 but not counting towards any RANKING SYSTEM.

Ranked being available twice a day for 2h.

To avoid any loss of revenue , they could just increase the cost of each entrance proportionally.

 

or

 

Limit only the first 50 games daily to count towards ranking.

And after that all you would get is Arena Points , not counting towards Ranking.

That way every player would actually have a chance to compete.

 

2) AFK

The AFK problem is really tricky ,  and i don't think the game has any system put in place to actually detect that

The ideal would be for the game to detect players that are not moving/using skills for an specific period of time.

And give a 30min punishment everytime that happened.

 

3) BOTS

That one i don't see a solution , because realistically , all the bot developer would need is to change code , and bot would work around any changes to the menu/system.

So any changes to that would just be temporary , until code was updated and worked again.

Even the biggest and most succesfull MMORPGS can't deal with bots.

 

 

 

:help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by Arthas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Arthas said:

 

 

I agree with your goal to the post , as the objective has always be to create a better envinroment to the main playerbase.

 

IMO 

1) COMPETITIVENESS

They should  either put in place 2 arena sections.

Casual and Ranked.

Casual being available 24/7 but not counting towards any RANKING SYSTEM.

Ranked being available twice a day for 2h.

To avoid any loss of revenue , they could just increase the cost of each entrance proportionally.

 

or

 

Limit only the first 50 games daily to count towards ranking.

And after that all you would get is Arena Points , not counting towards Ranking.

That way every player would actually have a chance to compete.

 

2) AFK

The AFK problem is really tricky ,  and i don't think the game has any system put in place to actually detect that

The ideal would be for the game to detect players that are not moving/using skills for an specific period of time.

And give a 30min punishment everytime that happened.

 

3) BOTS

That one i don't see a solution , because realistically , all the bot developer would need is to change code , and bot would work around any changes to the menu/system.

So any changes to that would just be temporary , until code was updated and worked again.

Even the biggest and most succesfull MMORPGS can't deal with bots.

 

 

 

:help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

I agree that there will always be a way for cheaters to circumvent the system, but in our game we are mostly talking (arena) about sandbox, autoclick or pressed F2, its nothing complex
      Pay attention everyone, talk about innovations of arena equips. Tell me: Weapons of greatness is not madness:slap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...