A way to balance seeker class

SaltyCoffe

My suggestion involves all point of view of situations and scenarios and I feel like right now what seeker class needs is an adjustment more than a Nerf :

Current Situtation :

• PVE
    • Currently there is no advantage of having same amount of "PVE Damage" between the two factions as there is no more neutral bosses like the old spring raid , so the only reason for a pve damage change would be not nerfing Seeker pve damage but buffing Legion classes PVE damage like the rogue 
  • PVP GVG
    • It just provides some help with "Attack instinct " + " Splitting blow " combo to help but nothing more
  • PVP 
    • PvP Seeker is really difficult to comprehend as for starters the class is really weak and becomes "good" ( in terms of damage ) when you have a fair amount of talent levels / branch unlocked and well amped pvp weapons 
      • Damage :
        • For starters it's really meh 
        • It upgrades when you reach well amped char 
        • It upgrades even more when you have damage books ( which cost a lot like 10/20+ milions of gold ) , so it is not a simple milestone to reach
        • It reaches the good amount of damage when you have all this combined + 2 key talents of Left Branch " Steel Hurricane "
          • The "big" damage everyone talks about is the 2x talent proc + the 10% buffed piercing proc , that deals a lot of dmg on the enemy, but it's still a 10% chance + you need to have the 2x talent ready in that moment
      • Damage received sustain ( this topic is what gets me the most as ) :
        • For starters the class basically pops with a simple gear
        • Upgraeds a bit when you reach full lvl 31 gear + 1/2 greatness accessories
        • Upgrades a bit more when you reach full lvl 31 gear well amped + full accessories greatness + Resilience book
          • Here it's still weak when a stun hits or another enemy dmg class targets you
        • Here comes the strange part :
          • We all know that classes needs to become strong at a certain level ( for example maxed greatness + books ) , as the seeker is a damage class it's fair that it will deal a lot of damage ;
            • When you are at a super high level with Greatness set ( hard to obtain ) and many books def ( hard to obtain with milions of gold ) , here is where seeker becomes really strong in Arena  as with the "abuse" of spring defensive books + Potions + Scrolls that give % hp every 10 ish seconds , it will reach a high level survivability  ( ofc in combinations with nearly all pvp books )
          • In conclusion it feels strong but seeker need to play it really good + either have more hp gain or more resist ecc... ; so it really depends on the situation and on the enemies

The adjustments I would apply  :

• PVE
    • I don't really see a good reason to nerf it , maybe just buff other classes PVE , but I don't see how it affects anything
  • PVP GVG
    • I don't know maybe , as I suggested in another topic , add to both Seeker and Rogue a " % Resist Buff " for like I don't know 3 seconds, after using the Net and Gouge(?) ability so it can escape better in bad situation
  • PVP
    • Here comes the tricky part
      • Damage PVP :
        • I think what really is hurting people is the Dmg that is coming from the key talents of Left Branch so my idea is :
          • Make the key talents in Left Branch ( Steel Hurricane ) work only on PvE
            • This way you make the other 2 Branches viable to either :
              • Do a different type of damage with 2h bleed branch ( Middle )
              • Be a little bit more tanky but with less damage on Right Branch
      • Damage received sustain :
        • I wouldn't really change anything in the dmg reduction of Seekers abilities but do it in a different way ;
          • Make the potions and scroll work 50% less Like the vampirism reduction, while using talent
          • Same apply to distortion of life book procs
        • With these 2 changes, I feel like Spring defensive books would be the normal boost Seeker could receive to sustain more , so not sure i would nerf the interaction at this point

Please refrain from comparing the class to anything else ( except for rogue similarities ) and refrain to end with insults ecc... as it is not a drama chat but discussion and suggestions

Thank you for reading !

Edited by SaltyCoffe

1 hour ago, SaltyCoffe said:

Please refrain from comparing the class to anything else ( except for rogue similarities ) and refrain to end with insults ecc... as it is not a drama chat but discussion and suggestions

I appreciate this part. Fear not: assuring this is my task. 

10 hours ago, Lilweasel said:

We can always Choose to leave it as it is, but buff all other damage classes

Win - win

I don't know about that one chief, the seeker (in its current state) is capable of dismantling tanks, imagine the other damage dealers being able to do the same, if that happens then the devs will have to increase the health points of the tanks very high to be able to play their role as a tank.

16 minutes ago, Malik Campbell said:

imagine the other damage dealers being able to do the same

Was thinking the same, increasing overall dmg could create more problems in all scenarios.

That's why I proposed to just change the function of left branch key talents , so it maintains a decent amount of dmg ( as it is a dmg dealer class ) but doesn't go too far in it

The pve side is a problem too. Like at this point seekers can solo dgs just as fast as other spam parties without a seeker.

Either all other damagers need to get a pve buff to be able to atleast compete against seekers, or it should be toned down a bit. Something as simple as making their self buffs last a little less would already balance it alot. Currently excur or however it is spelled lasts like 40+ seconds with continuous relic, making it so that the seeker rarely has to self buff again before everything is dead. Or simply just adjust other classes to be able to match the PvE damage output of the seeker. Personally I don't see any downside to that either, would just make PvE more enjoyable for everyone.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:57 AM, Malik Campbell said:

I don't know about that one chief, the seeker (in its current state) is capable of dismantling tanks, imagine the other damage dealers being able to do the same, if that happens then the devs will have to increase the health points of the tanks very high to be able to play their role as a tank.

Good point