Rogue skill setup

Odin

Share your thoughts on what way to spend your skill points on skills.  Ive been through a few books of oblivious testing and I think i have the best setup:

4 gouge

5 merciless strike

4 dodge

This is the best all around setup.  You're very good in the arena you still have high dodge for pve and best damage. 

If I was looking for a 1v1 setup id go with this:

5 merciless strike

4 dodge

4 kick in the back

Gouge is kind of useless one v one.  Kick in the back has a decency duration at 4 and significantly cuts opponents accuracy.  Other things I've learned is that you can always lower dodge if you need points.  Dodge buff is a little over 1% per point.  I had 30% dodge with 5 points in dodge.  I have 29% with 4 points in dodge.  3 points brought me down to 27.5%.  All this was with the same base of 21% dodge. 

Gouge is roughly 6 seconds at 5 points and roughly 4.5 seconds at 3 points.  Those are pretty large increments though so its worth it to go 4 points or higher. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ok with the new skill I managed to run some tests before they took the servers down again.  Here's what I found out

Speccing high in stealth increases the duration of stealth but also more importantly increases the damage from stealth attacks. 

Also against a single opponent you can gouge and stealth again then attack again. 

My new setup:  5 merciless 5 stealth 3 gouge 1 kick 1 dodge. 

My reasons:  stealth makes defense less important and I still have 25% with 1 dodge.  Also my merciless skill out of stealth maxes out in the 900 range.  Basically this is a max damage setup.  Level 5 stealth adds about 100 damage to my merciless strike (about 180+ on crit).

Ok with the new skill I managed to run some tests before they took the servers down again.  Here's what I found out

Speccing high in stealth increases the duration of stealth but also more importantly increases the damage from stealth attacks. 

Also against a single opponent you can gouge and stealth again then attack again. 

My new setup:  5 merciless 5 stealth 3 gouge 1 kick 1 dodge. 

My reasons:  stealth makes defense less important and I still have 25% with 1 dodge.  Also my merciless skill out of stealth maxes out in the 900 range.  Basically this is a max damage setup.  Level 5 stealth adds about 100 damage to my merciless strike (about 180+ on crit).

hmmmm..maybe my new setup should be 5 3 5 1 1

wat u think bout it?  ;D

hmmmm..maybe my new setup should be 5 3 5 1 1

wat u think bout it?  ;D

Hmm 5 merc 3 stealth 5 gouge? I'm trying to see why you would need the extra gouge time over damage.  Perhaps if you plan to cycle stealth more but I'd think it would even out. 

As dodge is also useful (saved my ass a lot of times) I'll rather go this way: 4 merci  4 stealth 3 gouge 3 dodge 1 kick

Me too,was thinking about dodge,it has helped me to win pvp so much,so i would agree with Marcin

If i back playing rogue, imo:

5marc, 5gouge, 3stealth

Best for one on one with taking less damage

Combo duel:

Stealth, marc, gouge, wait, stealth, marc, gouge, :facepalm:

For one on one cool duel and little better fr one vs 2,

5marc, 5dodge, 3 kick

Combo duel:

Stealth, marc,gouge, kick, marc

This is very usefull,  :good: thanks buddy and keep it up rich guy!!!  :friends:

Lol I'm not rich I just happen to have a good job and I don't waste money anywhere else.  But you're welcome  :drinks:

As dodge is also useful (saved my ass a lot of times) I'll rather go this way: 4 merci  4 stealth 3 gouge 3 dodge 1 kick

Hmm not a bad setup and the damage loss is minimal.  I'm just of the philosophy that in a game like this you must choose one thing to do well and do it as best as you possibly can. I choose damage and my spec and suit (including penetration crystals) are all designed for damage.  However I think rogues stats are good enough that you should be very successful with any spec as long as it suits your playstyle. 

One rogue I know has a defensive spec rogue with 14% parry tons of dodge and he's a nightmare to bring down.

Hmmm........ I'm curious to know that who's the rogue has the highset dodge? Can you guys post here that how much dodge you got? Thank you :)

starting  on me, my dodge is 21% (kinda low ;))

Additional info for the Rogues, 1 point of stealth adds 5 secs to the duration, the default is 15 secs at level 1. For gouge it only adds 1 sec per point but the default is 5 secs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmm........ I'm curious to know that who's the rogue has the highset dodge? Can you guys post here that how much dodge you got? Thank you :)

starting  on me, my dodge is 21% (kinda low ;) )

From my testing whatever it was as base add 5% per lvl but I could be wrong. I haven't played that much with rogue. So at lvl 3 add 15% to char base. If you're at lvl 3 I'm guessing your base was 6% without skill and 21% with skill?

lvl1 dodgse skill 31% dodge, Dodge runes on swords.

Omg,i completely miss that,to enchant swords with dodge runes :facepalm:

Thanks sulla  :) and one thing how much is your parry??

pls remember rogue dodge skill changes from each lvl is just the time duration and not the number of dodge %, its always 5% :)

Both duration and % increases, 8% at lvl5, IMO not worth lvling as at lvl1 last a very long time anyawy.

@mc

now max 10% parry only.

• 4 weeks later...

for me make Merc. strike lvl 3 first, then stealth 3, then gouge 3, then put the rest of the skill points anywhere, I'm making mine Merc. strike 5, Stealth 4, Gouge 4, Dodge 1 and Kick in back 1.

No need to max out dodge, lvl 1 has +5% I think that's enough  :wacko:

• 3 months later...

hahaha  for me

Stealth=5

Merciless strike=5

Gouge=5

Combo type: stealth,merciless strike,gouge.

Lets just assure

Stealth 22 seconds.

Gouge 20 seconds.

Meciles strike 6 seconds.

Time manage is  amust.

Casting skills.

1st. Stealth  =16-15 duration attact opponent on 15-16 seconts while in stelth.

2nd merciless= 6 second cooldown before use it.

3rd gouge =10=12 duration .

Do that agen and agen opponent didnt hit u more that a half of ur hp.

• 1 month later...

i have:

5 gouge

5 merciless strike

5 Stealth

I think its good for arena and just

good for killing elfs:D.

that's right,on russians servers ~70% rogues having such sheme

• 3 weeks later...

Share your thoughts on what way to spend your skill points on skills.  Ive been through a few books of oblivious testing and I think i have the best setup:

4 gouge

5 merciless strike

4 dodge

This is the best all around setup.  You're very good in the arena you still have high dodge for pve and best damage.

If I was looking for a 1v1 setup id go with this:

5 merciless strike

4 dodge

4 kick in the back

Gouge is kind of useless one v one.  Kick in the back has a decency duration at 4 and significantly cuts opponents accuracy.  Other things I've learned is that you can always lower dodge if you need points.  Dodge buff is a little over 1% per point.  I had 30% dodge with 5 points in dodge.  I have 29% with 4 points in dodge.  3 points brought me down to 27.5%.  All this was with the same base of 21% dodge.

Gouge is roughly 6 seconds at 5 points and roughly 4.5 seconds at 3 points.  Those are pretty large increments though so its worth it to go 4 points or higher.

I still lovd

5 merciless strike

5 gouge

5 stealth

Was a very old post LOL.

Gouge 4

Stealth 5

Merc 5

Dodge 2 (to cycle)

Gouge 4 is enough to stealth merc gouge stealth in 1v1.  I still think kick is mostly worthless, but its biggest impact is when farming bosses.