Fill in the gaps

IrishBoar

Hello everyone. Today I want to take a look at the game's storyline.

*Half of you leave here*

Yeah, yeah. I know that most of you couldn't care less about the story, but it is really quite interesting. The storyline is very impressive, and very detailed. So I just want to give a thumbs up to the devs for that. And for those of you who do like the story, make sure to have a go at all the factions because the reference points between the questlines are great!

Take for example as a chosen, you get a quest to kill some elf spies, which turn out to actually be undead (you realise this when you throw holy water on 'em). Then you go play forsaken a bit so you find out that it was the taxidermist, Nakhty (check for spelling) who was responsible, and that your forsaken char helped him!!! I just can't believe that most players don't even know that the forsaken originally plotted to have the elves and chosen fight each other. 

Anyways, I get that it can be boring, but this topic isn't for debating whether or not one should follow the storyline. I wanted those of us who DO care about the storyline to play a game.

There are a few gaps in the storyline now, especially since the new classes were added and map1s were given a revamp. I want to play a story game so we can fill in these gaps. BE as creative or fun as you like!!!

So the first gap I want to fill with a new story is why Wardens don't have a place in the Council of Twelve (which actually has thirteen members, but whatever)

20180828_181552[1].png   As you can see there are 3 druids (+1 leader), 3 rangers and 3 bladedancers, but no wardens. Why is this so? (Okay, the gms didn't think about it, but like, in story terms).

Are Wardens shunned due to lack of intelligence (would explain their lack of skill in weaponry/low damage)

Did the Wardens simply reject a lace in council because they are too busy defending the lands?

Let us see who can come up with the best reason (via the most entertaining, most likely or most emotional tale)!

P.S. Would this topic be better suited here or in the general area??

Definitely good here. I don't know perfectly the story because I do not have an elf charater, but I am curious to see what others have to write. 🤔

I didn't know there were people who even bother reading it :cat6: I've been playing the game since over 5 years and I still don't know what the story is about:patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

#worstmodoftheyear

Edited by Morgana

:wind:

4 hours ago, Morgana said:

I didn't know there were people who even bother reading it :cat6: I've been playing the game since over 5 years and I still don't know what the story is about:patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

same story:wind:

1 hour ago, Nosotraes said:

The only story I read was 6 years ago when I staarted playing. I forfot every bit of it.

No wonder, at your age I would have Alzheimer as well:cat2:

On 8/29/2018 at 10:59 AM, Morgana said:

No wonder, at your age I would have Alzheimer as well:cat2:

You might want to keep track of your memories then, it's probably closer than you think:)

36 minutes ago, Nosotraes said:

You might want to keep track of your memories then, it's probably closer than you think:)

Only got about half a year to go:imdead:

Okay, so we might try an easier story then. I don't actually know all the details of the elven political system myself, although I know that the Druids, Rangers and Bladedancers form 'Families', and when you are born it is decided which you will be a part of (not sure if its decided by your parents, some ritual or a trial though). And to move family you need a guarantor who will pay the old family for you and earn you a place in your new family ritualistically. 

Anyways, back on point. We are going to swap to an easier fill-in-the-gap challenge. Some of you may know my good friend Graybeard. Yeah, the one from the cave with the beard.

You: So a hermit who live in a cave and has a gray beard??

Me: No, no. The one with the WHITE beard.

You: GRAY-beard. You said graybeard.

Me: Yeah, yeah. Its just his name. Don't ask me!!!

Screenshot_20180829-094560.png

So the backstory so far as I can remember is that graybeard drinks from that stone cup 'The Cup of Immortality'. So he is really old. Maybe he was around at the War for the Spear? Maybe he is part of the reason the mountain clans left their ancestral home and moved to the hard-to-live-in mountains (As far as I can figure they once lived on Irselnort with the Puma clan, before some form of disagreement). But the real question of course is how did the white-bearded man come to be called Graybeard?

Also, there are more of those stone cups, each with a different attribute. I can't remember all of them but MEMORY is one. If you are exploring the cave system beneath T5 (mc side) again Morgana and Nosotraes, take a long drink from that cup!:tease:

9 minutes ago, Morgana said:

Heh, like I need that! 

I'm Morgana, the evil and powerful witch:dunno:Immortality comes along with my destiny:nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Ahahha, i think not. By the power of prophecy invested in me through my druidic abilities I predict thee will die as soon as your last living realtive is put to the beathbed.:hehe:btw SPOILER ALERT if any of you haven't completely watched 'Merlin'.

Oooh, maybe Graybeard is actually Emeris in disguise.

Edited by IrishBoar

21 minutes ago, IrishBoar said:

Ahahha, i think not. By the power of prophecy invested in me through my druidic abilities I predict thee will die as soon as your last living realtive is put to the beathbed.:hehe:btw SPOILER ALERT if any of you haven't completely watched 'Merlin'.

Oooh, maybe Graybeard is actually Emeris in disguise.

Hey you Merlin newbie! Don't you dare messing with an ancient fan:snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

3 hours ago, IrishBoar said:

:huh:We will need a trivia quiz:dirol:

Be prepared to lose:happy: It has been my favourite TV series since 2012 and I got all DVDs at home:wind:

12 hours ago, Morgana said:

Be prepared to lose:happy: It has been my favourite TV series since 2012 and I got all DVDs at home:wind:

Oh damn! Just let me rewatch em 4-5 times first, yeah? :cat2:

19 hours ago, IrishBoar said:

Okay, so we might try an easier story then. I don't actually know all the details of the elven political system myself, although I know that the Druids, Rangers and Bladedancers form 'Families', and when you are born it is decided which you will be a part of (not sure if its decided by your parents, some ritual or a trial though). And to move family you need a guarantor who will pay the old family for you and earn you a place in your new family ritualistically. 

It's like an elven caste system. I'm interested in the story of the Warspear Universe. 

5 hours ago, Avamanyar said:

It's like an elven caste system. I'm interested in the story of the Warspear Universe. 

Yeah, I'd really recommend reading the questlines! 

18 hours ago, Avamanyar said:

Kind of like fantasy India then? Since they also have a caste system. I remember a significant part of the Firstborn story revolved around someone changing profession.

6 hours ago, Nosotraes said:

Kind of like fantasy India then? Since they also have a caste system. I remember a significant part of the Firstborn story revolved around someone changing profession.

Yeah. About 4-5 quests on the last town.

I am kinda interested in the story but seems like I would have to start over to read the story:pin7:

I basically read the chronicles of warspear and seems like I have missed the story entirely though its interesting

12 hours ago, UK said:

I am kinda interested in the story but seems like I would have to start over to read the story:pin7:

I basically read the chronicles of warspear and seems like I have missed the story entirely though its interesting

Okay. I will make a new topic tomorrow so that everybody who reads the story can share what they remember!