Threads of darkness Deathknight skill pull and application of debuff on the enemy

vegeta

Hi,

I would like to report a  bug with the death knight skill "Threads of darkness"

The skill doesn't seem to be working when the enemy player is close to the Dk

Since the skill has a debuff effect, the Dk is not able to use the skill to get the debuff on the enemy player . Sometimes the enemy player can't be pulled too

Below videos are attached for reference

Screenshot_20230723-195114.thumb.png.35cde3a4278a613abb90c23d192b771d.png

Normal case

In this video it can be seen that the debuff is applied on the mob and pull skill works

But in below videos  it can't be applied on a player if it's too near.

Here when bd rush 

1st rush normal pull work

But 2nd rush pull not work 

Here can't pull the player and can't apply debuff 

Here after rush pull not work even have 1yard distance

even away 1yard some tmes not work after rush. Always 2yard needed 

I would like developers to check it and try fix it in coming updates 

@Nolan @Cardinal @Dr Strange @snorlax

Edited by vegeta

• vegeta changed the title to Threads of darkness Deathknight skill pull and application of debuff on the enemy

Yeah sometimes it won't work but there is also resistance. 

The last video is a bug but sometimes when it actually works but doesn't do anything means that it was resisted and generally says "resisted" above the players head

8 hours ago, Stroke said:

This isn't a bug. Skill doesn't work when your character is standing on enemy

Check all video . PvP mob 1 yard distance cud pull n apply debuff 

Bd 1 yard cant pull can't apply debuff

On 7/24/2023 at 5:48 AM, vegeta said:

Check all video . PvP mob 1 yard distance cud pull n apply debuff 

Bd 1 yard cant pull can't apply debuff

That looks like a position bug. Your screen makes you see you and the target being 1 yard of distance from each other. But when you exit and enter the game, you'll see that you are practically on the same spot. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

That looks like a position bug. Your screen makes you see you and the target being 1 yard of distance from each other. But when you exit and enter the game, you'll see that you are practically on the same spot.

I will check bout it for position bug . But say if on same spot with target n can't pull but can't apply the debuff too ?

21 hours ago, vegeta said:

I will check bout it for position bug . But say if on same spot with target n can't pull but can't apply the debuff too ?

Threads of Darkness is a skill which requires your opponent to be at least 1 yard of distance from you. The other debuffs do not follow the same requirement. 

45 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Threads of Darkness is a skill which requires your opponent to be at least 1 yard of distance from you. The other debuffs do not follow the same requirement. 

As far as I know, only Barbarian's Charge is stated in the skill description that he needs a distance of more than 2 yards. But I don't think I saw that in Death knight's skill description. Do you happen to know if a skill similar to a skill of Death knight, a skill of Seeker or Warden, also requires a distance of more than a yard?

2 hours ago, Laevateinn said:

As far as I know, only Barbarian's Charge is stated in the skill description that he needs a distance of more than 2 yards. But I don't think I saw that in Death knight's skill description. Do you happen to know if a skill similar to a skill of Death knight, a skill of Seeker or Warden, also requires a distance of more than a yard?

There is a chance for the Seeker's pull to work the same way as DK's one, but alas I can't say that for sure. About Warden, I have got no clue. 

5 hours ago, Higgings said:

There is a chance for the Seeker's pull to work the same way as DK's one, but alas I can't say that for sure. About Warden, I have got no clue. 

That would indeed be the case.

Game probably doesn't know which side of the character to place the pulled target since you are under it so it doesn't actually use the skill.