any upcoming balance for melee?

Bloodylipa

Question

Hey devs

Is their any scheduled plans for better balancing PvP aspect of warspear? Things are still very unbalanced between melee and range classes, theirs countless of upsides to pick range that's not even class based. A simple thing like lag positions is alot more forgiving for range classes, while melee can seem to be close enough, but nothing happens... No attack, no nothing.

I know it wasn't that long ago you did a balance or was suppose to, but from what I've heard, so much people complained, the balancing of classes like warlock and rogue was scrapped. Also you didn't succeed with balancing mp-reg, mage-classes hardly ever run lower then half way on mana even though the circle all spells at all times in arena. So I was disappointed to see that mana consumption is of no importance in the game right now.

Their has been many suggestions and discussions about what can ne done for future balancing, to name a few.

(+) add dodge/parry/block chance to make stun skills fail.

(+) remove stagger effects from melee classes

(+) increase mage-classes mp consumption

(+) fix cooldowns for the worst range stunners

(+) increased level cap and more skills

If completely lost interest in my shaman now, shamans and other OP classes are flooding Emerald and I see a strong tendency that people make melee classes but stay at lv14 for arena and only play lv19-20 with a strong range class.

So devs, are you guys planning any sort of features to close the gap between melee and range?

Just putting it out there, I know I'm not alone waiting for anything to close the gap.

Side note: I shouldn't haft to do almost 15k dmg and still only get a draw fight cause its so easy to kite melee for such a long time without running out of mana...

47376_.png

19 answers to this question

AGGREEEE, but jst for barbar  :blush:

The bug that makes you lose target, and then need to click/tap away from target and then select target again or use a skill. Really bothers me. They should fix this too. Happens a lot against shaman, warlock, and dk.

So many needed fixes. Nice post.

Druids dislikes this suggestion,if you add block/parry/block stun resist and remove staggers from meeles,poor druids,root fail,bees no effect.

Better only removing staggers.

casters already waste a lot of mp on skills,if you go on war without mp pots probably you will run out energy in 1 minute.

Agree on cooldown/lv cap/skills.

i agree with all this game need a balance fast best classes are ranged and  for example me with my rogue just forgiving it and focus on my warlock lvling up just for the freaking situations what i feel on arena vs some range claases  , well maybe the best solution is add a new skill to everyone trying to give the best necesary to  each clas , rogue =poison like chop barb , shamans summon totems or become a wolf , dk be imortal for a time , rangers be invisible in only one spot like spies and alot more !lets think devs and make enjoy to the all people :clapping:

removing the stagger effect for mellee ?im sorry, this only i dissaggree  :blush:

yea and ik why ;) cuz u will lose if they remove the stager.. When u hit and run with ur warlock vs a melee :rofl: especially the blue circles stagers r annoying more than the stupid bees :P

Remove critical heal, i want all back to old ws, no critical heal :diablo:

i agree with all this game need a balance fast best classes are ranged and  for example me with my rogue just forgiving it and focus on my warlock lvling up just for the freaking situations what i feel on arena vs some range claases  , well maybe the best solution is add a new skill to everyone trying to give the best necesary to  each clas , rogue =poison like chop barb , shamans summon totems or become a wolf , dk be imortal for a time , rangers be invisible in only one spot like spies and alot more !lets think devs and make enjoy to the all people :clapping:

wow nice idea

Remove critical heal, i want all back to old ws, no critical heal :diablo:

this is it! remove crit heal!

without crit heal any healer already have advantage

Suggestion for melee class balance:

- raise the health regeneration value

- raise the hp value because with certain gears any mage class could have high hp as tank class very absurd

thats all and please try it, it would be balance

I know how to balance every thing. Make all players hp into 1 no changes in stats only hp and regeneration. THE ENERGY IS STILL THE SAME.

- raise the hp value because with certain gears any mage class could have high hp as tank class very absurd

HP-values are very absurd. Most mages classes and dps raise HP to 2700-3000HP and a tank class lands around 3100-3250HP (4% more if its a barbarian), thats very odd numbers and i agree with slay that this aspect can be a good aspect to improve for melee/range balance.

I Also want to say that the suggestions in my original post is not all my ideas, its just a compilation of suggestions that have been posted lately regarding this issue. Just to clearify.

I think if we remove crit heals then we may be shooting ourselves in the foot. Imagine hunting without crit heals, the healing isn't defeating the damage your taking so you pot, walk, or respawn. Crit heals plays a large part in all battles, in everyone's battles, not just healers. Without crit heals its easier to predict the outcome of a battle.

So basically if we remove crit heals then we should remove critical hits or reduce critical hits to a lower %. 

No I agree, crit heals are a pain in arena, but a valid part of the game so that should stay. If anything maybe shaman/druid HoT spells can be fixed with cooldown so it has a 3-5sec downtime. As things are now it can be cycled without ever stopping the HoT.