reverse filter

Mecha

Hello again. I made this suggestion in a different topic but it was locked because it went way off track.

I think the filter isnt working as it should. the option to turn the filter off will let you use any profanity, without filtering YOU.

I think it would be better if the filter affected what you see instead of what you post.

In other words, if you have filter on, it should censor every profanity for you that is posted by others. It doesnt make sense to me that if you have filter turned on but someone else doesnt you will still see their profanity because THEY have the filter turned off. Its working backwards in my opinion.

In yet other words, it should affect incoming profanity, not outgoing.

Edited by ☬๓ęçђą ↯ şąเұąŋ☬

what does ignore list have to do with fixing the way the added filter functions?

ignore and filter have 2 distinct purposes.

If swearing offends an individual so badly that they need a filter they can in fact ignore the one who swears. Why is there even a filter anyway, we all know what words lie behind the @$!#, its the same word, just different presentation.

Edited by Snowman

thats not the point. Ignore list is to completely ignore one individual. Filter is to mask profanity. And its not working at its best the way it is.

if you think its useless and dont like it then dont use it and do things your way. Im sure there are people who like this feature. It doesnt matter why. Could be age, religion, or whatever, thats not the point. if it was added it must be for a reason. And I think it needs fixing.

Edited by ☬๓ęçђą ↯ şąเұąŋ☬

If swearing offends an individual so badly that they need a filter they can in fact ignore the one who swears. Why is there even a filter anyway, we all know what words lie behind the @$!#, its the same word, just different presentation.

For children who play this game, that have no idea what some words mean, then they learn said words, and use them.

Or adults who get offended by bad words, cause they got called them it a lot when they were young, idk.

Basically it's like certain Japanese videos, why are they censored? we know what is behind the blur,

In the end, the filter is pretty stupid, to block the words you write? lol

Edited by Sulla

Should expect profanity in any online game - besides - you do not necessarily need words to communicate in an unholy manner, buy meme smilies

:lol:===3

Paste that to world chat, like every other player nowadays

Edited by Physik

The point I was trying to get across was not whether we need the filter or not. Its that it isnt working properly. Its working as a self-censor.

yeah, sadly noone got the point of this post. we don't really care about profanity, but since devs already decided to put a filter for that, at least make it work correctly.

I agree with you. However, a double filter is better.

Basically, if you have the filter enabled, the message you send will be censored by your client, and then if receiver also has filter enabled, it will be censored again by his client.

What's the difference you might ask? Very simple. If you're talking with friend who has filter disabled, and you have it enabled, without being aware it can be disabled, he'll say something along lines ">having filter enabled" and then you'll realize it can be disabled. It just works.

It also shows who's a pussy that can't handle the heat.

THINK OF THE KIDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edited by Azebu