Metamorphosis - A new skill for Mage

Chickenfly

So i got this wicked idea for a new mage skill, here it goes:

Metamorphosis

-Type: Active

It would be a self buff skill, sort of like Overload, and it would work on a similar principle. Once the skill is used, it provides the mage with a buff that gives every attack a chance to effect your enemy. So any dmg caused to the enemy, has a certain chance to apply the effect, while the buff is active.

And now the fun part which makes Metamorphosis both interesting and effective, The Effect. (ram pam pammm)

The actual effect of Metamorphosis would be the following: 

When the enemy gets hit by the skill, it turns them into a Jerboa!!!

Why jerboa you ask? Well it doesnt have to be a jerboa, can be a rabbit or a bird as well, i just like the word ''Jerboa''... I don't mean make the enemy 1hp, but make them incapable of hitting or using skills for the certain amount of time.

I leave the chance and duration to devs, to implement values in balance with rest of the game, but my idea was that each skill lvl increases chance and duration of the effect (Jerboa metamorphosis, for example lvl 1 skill has 10% chance and enemy is jerboa for 2 sec and lvl 4 skill has 25% chance and enemy is 5 sec a jerboa).

Since mage is lacking a proper stun, that would lock skills of our enemies, like root or blind or fear or some such (i am not counting the ridiculously low chance of fear from fireball+blazing ground), and as much as i love mages lets face it, we are paper even at +10 def (mage handles bd as well as butter does a hot knife), some such skill would be nice.

Of course, if such is possible to make in the game, that part i leave to devs. I'm eager to hear your opinions, both from players and staff members, what do you think about such expert skill for mages? Should something similar be made, thus giving mages a proper stun? Maybe have some way to improve my idea?

I'm open for suggestions :give_rose:

Instead of that long description you could have just said each hit has a chance of inflicting blind effect to the target as long as the buff is on. :P I mean the effect you described is pretty much what blind does. Nice idea but anyways I don't think that devs are thinking to add skills anytime soon.

Character skill suggestions are to be posted under their own part of the forum.

I like the idea of having such a skill, but we can't but only hope it'll be this or something close to this next time

PETA gonna sue us for animal cruelty next

Nice idea but anyways I don't think that devs are thinking to add skills anytime soon.

We should all stop suggesting under the assumption devs aren't doing anything at all

Instead of that long description you could have just said each hit has a chance of inflicting blind effect to the target as long as the buff is on. :P I mean the effect you described is pretty much what blind does. Nice idea but anyways I don't think that devs are thinking to add skills anytime soon.

Not really blind since the player still has the ability to move. I thought about slower movement like snow event skills in combo did, but that would be too much i think. Only thing relating this to blind is attack lock, which is the point of stun.

nice idea. but not jerboa please. lol

But Jerboas are fun xdd

Animal doesn't really matter, would be fun also, if such is possible, to make some poll or something where players can suggest and vote for the animal. One with most votes gets implemented as the skill effect, that would be fun.

No reply from administration yet tho :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Epic skill.. Devs needs to look at chosen faction more. Or actually test their ability to see what they really need. Epic idea though

Absolutely agreed, chosen is definitely my all time favourite faction, but they're so broken, (OK maybe not priest)

Well as much as i love mage and all, and despite the fire power (which is amongst highest in game imo), mage is very under powered in pvp. Aside barrier, there is no defensive skill and there is great need for some proper stun or something. 

Regarding PvE, mage is as op as it gets, tho at some points it would be nice to have a working stun skill

Well as much as i love mage and all, and despite the fire power (which is amongst highest in game imo), mage is very under powered in pvp. Aside barrier, there is no defensive skill and there is great need for some proper stun or something.

Regarding PvE, mage is as op as it gets, tho at some points it would be nice to have a working stun skill

Give mage a higher change to fear combo.. Dam that'll be so handy for PvP.

Give mage a higher change to fear combo.. Dam that'll be so handy for PvP.

Or that, chance is ridiculously low now, and it doesnt even improve with lvling Blazing ground. Tried at both fireball 5/5 and blazing 4/4, still same low chance lol

Or that, chance is ridiculously low now, and it doesnt even improve with lvling Blazing ground. Tried at both fireball 5/5 and blazing 4/4, still same low chance lol

Yea lol and blaze 4/4 just Inc dmg not duration..