Rework priest skill

Lilypriest

Rework priest habilities

Hello, my name is Lilypriest and I play priest class for a long time. I did several videos on youtube showing some priest habilities and i've noticed some issues. In this topic I'll list all issues i've been noticed and some solutions.

Redemption

This skill is very usefull both pvp and pve, but some things can be improved. The first issue is the very long cooldown for this hability. Sometimes is only possible to use a single time per fight because when the priest uses it once, there is no time to use it again because as soon as the cooldown of this hability is recharged, the fight is already finished. Another point that can be improved is the priority about this skill when used in a crowd. I've been testing this a lot and i believe it is totally random the choice about who will receive it's effect. It can heal anyone and sometimes it only removes stun or any control effect to someone that is already hp full, in the same time that there is a player with very low hp just in the same pixel and the redemption doesn't makes effect. My suggestion is to improve the heal capacity from this skill by giving some kind of priority for this effect. Example:

the skill will target  first priority: pt members 

Second tier priority: the one with less hp off party

third tier priority: the one with some stun or any controll if there is nobody with low hp around. 

Holy Shield

I believe this skill is still weak even it has received talent buff. I suggest to improve a bit the total dmg absorved just to make it a little more effective in high damage fights. This will make the priest a little bit more tank than it actually is.

Desforra (portuguese name for the skill)

This skill is very underrated just because it doesn't do perfectly it's function: do damage. I say that because most of the priest players have a lack off precision in his build and this hability is often resisted or evaded. I suggest to make this hability not able to be evaded in mobs, so this skill will be very powerfull to do the 'last hit'. 

Punição sagrada (portuguese name)

This skill is often bugged because i've been testing it and it is very difficult to target more than one or two players in a fight because all players affected by this skill need to be very very veeeery  close each other, so my suggestion is to increase the distance range from the target player and the others players around to be affected by this skill.

37 minutes ago, Lilypriest said:

Rework priest habilities

Hello, my name is Lilypriest and I play priest class for a long time. I did several videos on youtube showing some priest habilities and i've noticed some issues. In this topic I'll list all issues i've been noticed and some solutions.

Redemption

This skill is very usefull both pvp and pve, but some things can be improved. The first issue is the very long cooldown for this hability. Sometimes is only possible to use a single time per fight because when the priest uses it once, there is no time to use it again because as soon as the cooldown of this hability is recharged, the fight is already finished. Another point that can be improved is the priority about this skill when used in a crowd. I've been testing this a lot and i believe it is totally random the choice about who will receive it's effect. It can heal anyone and sometimes it only removes stun or any control effect to someone that is already hp full, in the same time that there is a player with very low hp just in the same pixel and the redemption doesn't makes effect. My suggestion is to improve the heal capacity from this skill by giving some kind of priority for this effect. Example:

third tier priority: the one with some stun or any controll if there is nobody with low hp around. 

Holy Shield

I believe this skill is still weak even it has received talent buff. I suggest to improve a bit the total dmg absorved just to make it a little more effective in high damage fights. This will make the priest a little bit more tank than it actually is.

This skill is very underrated just because it doesn't do perfectly it's function: do damage. I say that because most of the priest players have a lack off precision in his build and this hability is often resisted or evaded. I suggest to make this hability not able to be evaded in mobs, so this skill will be very powerfull to do the 'last hit'. 

This skill is often bugged because i've been testing it and it is very difficult to target more than one or two players in a fight because all players affected by this skill need to be very very veeeery  close each other, so my suggestion is to increase the distance range from the target player and the others players around to be affected by this skill.

Always nice to see Class Rework suggestions on the forums.

So many new ideas , hopefully it'll help developers in improving the game.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Lilypriest said:

Redemption

this is a change that would definitely be welcome, especially the target selection part. often when I'm playing priest, on many targets, I don't see any healing effect, simply because the skill doesn't have target priority.

Holy Shield

I believe this skill should really be improved, for both necromancers and priests.

Desforra

this skill should also be able to do critical damage, in pvp it wouldn't change much, but it would be gratifying to use it in pve. mainly because priests have a good ''critical damage'' bonus

Punição sagrada

this skill is very good, and also strong in many situations. maybe getting it used in the area instead of the enemy is an option?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:08 AM, Rhaast said:

this is a change that would definitely be welcome, especially the target selection part. often when I'm playing priest, on many targets, I don't see any healing effect, simply because the skill doesn't have target priority.

I believe this skill should really be improved, for both necromancers and priests.

this skill should also be able to do critical damage, in pvp it wouldn't change much, but it would be gratifying to use it in pve. mainly because priests have a good ''critical damage'' bonus

this skill is very good, and also strong in many situations. maybe getting it used in the area instead of the enemy is an option?

I do not think the shield skill is improved. Still one hit could ruin the shield. I have MM sets with all +10 equipments, my shield could be ruined by anyone in PVP with only one hit. Even though it increased by 40%, it is still not useful. 

On 12/6/2021 at 4:14 AM, Lilypriest said:

Rework priest habilities

Redemption

Holy Shield

Plenty of Priests think the shield skill is still weak even it increases by 40%. Nowadays, most physical dmg character could easily hit the shield by only one hit. I hope the offical team could rebalance this skill again and offer a true helpful shield to Priests.

Payback skill has a very long cooltime as an attack skill. I almost do not use it after Level 20. I suggest reduce the cooldown time as the Harald's tears. Otherwise, this skill could be deleted from Priests skill. 

I strongly agree with your opinion to the skill of Punishment of the light. The radius should be increased from one yard to at least three yards. Almost no PVP players would stand together to fight. Therefore, the high level of this skill is almost useless. I only has level one of this skill.

• 3 months later...

Redemption

While other classes like mage and warlock, for example, can do damage and area control almost constantly, priest sould be able to equilibrate that damage almost constantly too. The very long redemption cooldown makes the priest use redemption once and wait for the team die. Redemption a bit faster would make the fight last a bit longer, it would be more competitive and fun.

Moreover, Redemption must be able to crit on healing. Look, area damagers, like mages, warlocks etc can crit on area with their skills, why priests cannot crit on healing too? Priests can't hold the team alive, so we can conclude priests are not being able to do their job like they should, can't we? If the healer can't heal enough, why healers exists? The game just resumes in the team who do more damage faster? It is better to have full dmg over some healers.

Holy Shield

This skill is useless the way it works. One hit and shield is over, makes no sense to have this skill in game.

Edited by Sent
Adding some ideas

• 6 months later...

I feel like we are in a game where non- healing/damage classes are healing more than actual healers and it is a fact. 

Classes like druids/shamans still got good amount of healing capabilities thanks to their different heal mechanics.

But classes like necro and priests, even if they are higher amped they heal around 1.5k-1.7k max at once (considering u have +9/+10 staff and 1k magic overall) and this is certainly less than physical dmg of few classes on both elf and mc sides.

So, when you put a class which heals 1.7k per 6secs and shield which can barely take 2 hits vs a class which can do 1.5k dmg per 2secs and also heals the % amount of dmg it does, u still think anyone would like to play healing a class? Think about it and since now almost all classes can heal themselves not just the healers, thanks to new experts or say life steal bonuses. Is there any point in playing dedicated healers? 

The game has never been the same since the introduction of life steal as it was before once. There should be a limit on the life steal parameter so that it doesn't act as a passive heal for high damage classes.

Even tankers/dmgers are healing more than actual healers lmao and it goes unnoticed. 🤣 

• 2 weeks later...

Why can't Redemption cancel(whipe off) summoning monsters?

For a support class, Holy Shield is a disgrace , it should be at least 30% stronger.

Because of the good relics, this skill is probably most important one, but bcs it's weak even on 5/5, high dmgs players and monsters kill us easy. 

Exmp: Try casting shield and go Vs a Blade dancers hamstring, the difference in power is discriminating.

Edited by Sorrowdin

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, Karan Raina said:

Priest's shield was first and only shield on warspear elf side. Now, we have multiple classes with shields and the priest one is the weakest.

Where is the justice? :crying1:

100% bro, when they first maid it, the char was sooo thought out, for playing priest u must have brain and very high skill, but now everything is just muscle and high dmg, anyone can play those char. Hope at least they make this shield descent...

Edited by Sorrowdin

• 4 months later...