How many times has your faction lost that one hour war because half of the population was AFK at the first town?
Do you want to get rid of this problem in an easy way?
Here's a good way to do just that!
First we must answer the question, why do people afk at war anyway? why dont they help their faction try and win?
The answer: there are no extra rewards for more participation..
My suggestion is that we add a new currency, maybe called glory points/ war points that would serve as a currency used to purchase items from a specific shop.
This particular vendor or shop could sell weapons for pvp with ferocity, armour with resistance + resilience stats, even accessories with different special attributes.
Some fun additions to the vendor could include potions, scrolls, War specific minions, War expert skills and costumes related to warfare and battle.
Now you may be wondering how one could grab hold of these glory points?
By participating, its that easy. Could be measured by many many things, but what exactly the algorithm would be must be kept secret to avoid exploitation.
This could involve player damage to other players, damage to flag, players killed, time spent in flag zones, time spent on enemy territory etc..
By actively participating in these ways, you can gain points on an experience bar, which would be a gauge with a percentage on it.
The higher the percentage participation at the end of the war, the more points you get, and the more rewards you can reap aside from the usual 3 stars.
What this would encourage:
1. Battles would be more intense and exiting.
2. Players could have a certain time period they could look forward to for mass pvp.
3. Make use of the large open pvp world that irselnort already is.
4. Introduce new items and skill sets to the game to freshen it up.
5. And most importantly, players would have a reason to go to war, to actively participate and try their best (Even when losing) to do as much as they can to help their faction.
Thanks for listening