Gaining EXP from monsters.

Lonex

Long time no see nubies...
Here I just want to give a suggestion about gaining exp from mobs, only mobs. The rule is simple, players need to farm the same lv with their current lv to gain exp. I know right that the devs wanting new players to do quest, and not mindlessly farming mobs.

But if they do implemented this kind of mechanics, all area would be lively. And new players are easier to catch up with old players. Also, new players could equip gears with specific lv requirement quickly. This prevent incoming players to get bored because lack of strength to beat mini boss quest. Since I'm sure real new player won't be asking help to old players. And if they do, I'm not sure old players will comeback to older map to help. Right?

It's like:

lv 1 - 5 player gaining 1 exp point by killing mobs lv 1-5.
lv 5 - 10 player gaining 1 exp point by killing mobs lv 5-10.
lv 10 - 15 player gaining 2 exp point by killing mobs lv 10-15.
But mini bosses won't give exp except by doing quest.
Should be consider to put this ingame. Ty

The devs has outright rejected this idea all the time. 

They will not consider doing this because of the fact they only want quests and daily quests to provide experience 

40 minutes ago, Drakoslayd said:

They will not consider doing this because of the fact they only want quests and daily quests to provide experience 

Ikr, but who knows. Sooner or later this idea will work. Who knows.

Latest update finally they were removing the dungeon "requirement" to move to other maps.
This kind of thing sure helps.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:20 PM, Drakoslayd said:

devs also rejected idea of "mindless grinding", but well, here we are:pirate:

On 9/28/2023 at 10:24 AM, Lonex said:

Long time no see nubies...
Here I just want to give a suggestion about gaining exp from mobs, only mobs. The rule is simple, players need to farm the same lv with their current lv to gain exp. I know right that the devs wanting new players to do quest, and not mindlessly farming mobs.

But if they do implemented this kind of mechanics, all area would be lively. And new players are easier to catch up with old players. Also, new players could equip gears with specific lv requirement quickly. This prevent incoming players to get bored because lack of strength to beat mini boss quest. Since I'm sure real new player won't be asking help to old players. And if they do, I'm not sure old players will comeback to older map to help. Right?

It's like:

lv 1 - 5 player gaining 1 exp point by killing mobs lv 1-5.
lv 5 - 10 player gaining 1 exp point by killing mobs lv 5-10.
lv 10 - 15 player gaining 2 exp point by killing mobs lv 10-15.
But mini bosses won't give exp except by doing quest.
Should be consider to put this ingame. Ty

Agree, earning xp from quests only is not enough and too slow to lvl up 

On 9/30/2023 at 2:39 PM, Jaan said:

Won't happen, too many bots already. Add this and the game will be full of bots farming mobs for EXP.

Bot? Really? In this game?
Well the devs already removing dg requirement to move to each map. I think it's done, that surely helpful. I thought it was impossible to remove that kind of system so I suggest this. But maybe there's another way to make lv up and progressing easier in the future, we don't know. Easier in this context isn't about lowering exp amount for each lv. But players can choose between leveling by killing mobs or doing quest first.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:39 AM, Jaan said:

Won't happen, too many bots already. Add this and the game will be full of bots farming mobs for EXP.

there are bots already for dynamics, can't really stop bots

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 2:40 AM, Kyle39 said:

The developers have consistently dismissed this idea.  They are adamant about not pursuing it, as their sole focus is on having quests and daily quests grant experience.

Yeah

1 hour ago, Kyle39 said:

I agree, relying solely on XP from quests is insufficient and leads to a slow leveling process.

Yes... that's indeed the point. 

17 hours ago, Kyle39 said:

I agree, relying solely on XP from quests is insufficient and leads to a slow leveling process.

there is no reason for mob experience really... 

Warspear is a quest focused game, and they already removed most dg from being mandatory (quite literally just side things now) and I doubt they would make mob experience a thing considering "potion of the growing hero" exists.

2 hours ago, Kyle39 said:

It's not feasible; there are already too many bots. If we add this, the game will become overrun with bots farming mobs for experience points.

I hardly see any bots. 

What server are you on?