Idea’s for Rogue class

Axetricks

So as we all know rogue is in a bad spot at the moment so I thought why not to give some suggestions to make the class more enjoyable.

Rework of « Absolute Reflexes »:

Passive skill

-After successfully dodging an ennemy attack, the character gets 1/2/3/4% of damage reduction (or 1/2/3/4% of resistance buff). The effect can be stacked 5 times and has a duration of 7/9/11/13 seconds.

Rework of talent :

The talent « Thirst for Murder » is completely useless in all scenarios, let me explain. 

-In PVP it simply doesn’t work because high resilience negate the criticals hit damage, in other terms, it does the same damage as a non-critical hit. 

-In PVE, against raid bosses, rogue usually gets too much outclassed by concurrents damage before taking advantage of the 100% critical hits. And against the rest of mobs, the last hit usually doesn’t require a critical hit to kill the mob because the talent can be triggered only at very low health points.

The solution :

-The character deals 10% more damage when attacking an opponent with health less than 50% to the maximum while « extermination » skill is in effect. 

This would compensate a constant damage boost skill that rogue lacks, compared to other damage classes. Stealth isn’t a proper damage skill buff, because of the duration of the effect.

Buff of Dodge : 

Increase the duration to 15 seconds at least because 10 seconds for rogue is straight a joke. 

BONUS :

Buff of « Poisonous Blades » : 

The effect now also allows the character to ignore dodge/parry/block stats during the « Poisoning » debuff.

Edited by Axetricks

4 hours ago, Shadowmon said:

Bring back the OG Reflex. 3 stacks of 100% dodge.

I guess this would work too but I feel like my idea of « Absolute Reflexes » would be better in today’s Warspear, allowing rogue to perform better in late game scenario’s (raids gvg fights, mermens gvg) by giving rogue 5 stacks of 4% resist after successfully dodging, it means 20% and combined with 50% of resist buffs that means 70% of resist. This would allow rogue to deal damage more freely because right now it can pretty hard to deal damage against a good elf guild, compared to chiefs with 100% resist, or hunters with the range.

Edited by Axetricks

On 4/16/2023 at 2:29 AM, Axetricks said:

I guess this would work too but I feel like my idea of « Absolute Reflexes » would be better in today’s Warspear, allowing rogue to perform better in late game scenario’s (raids gvg fights, mermens gvg) by giving rogue 5 stacks of 4% resist after successfully dodging, it means 20% and combined with 50% of resist buffs that means 70% of resist. This would allow rogue to deal damage more freely because right now it can pretty hard to deal damage against a good elf guild, compared to chiefs with 100% resist, or hunters with the range.

Yea I'm just blabbing in the chat. I'll say, make rogue have some tenacity and reduce debuffs, stuns, silence, slow, and sleep duration. This'll keep the mobility going. Add some increase movement while auto attacking. Rogues are supposed to be agile also.

Edited by Shadowmon

On 4/16/2023 at 2:29 AM, Axetricks said:

This eventually is going to angry the sentinels.  Probably  this will get nerfed, or directly they never take this idea. 

They want the rogue be countered by all their classes. 

Also i think that old reflexes should work very good with 5 stack instead of 3

As for resistance, maybe a talent for  basic dodge skill that increase resistance by 20% directly

5 hours ago, Ryohei said:

This eventually is going to angry the sentinels.  Probably  this will get nerfed, or directly they never take this idea. 

They want the rogue be countered by all their classes. 

Also i think that old reflexes should work very good with 5 stack instead of 3

As for resistance, maybe a talent for  basic dodge skill that increase resistance by 20% directly

I do think that elves would call 5 hit misses in a row more op than what I proposed, or 20% resist just from talent instead of a skill maxed to 4/4 and that needs to be stacked with dodges.. but the fact is rogue needs something for sure. Especially for late game scenarios like I said above, that’s where rogue is just the worst.

PS : I don’t want rogues to destroy everything in their way, I just want to *play* bro.

Edited by Axetricks

On 4/17/2023 at 2:11 PM, Axetricks said:

I do think that elves would call 5 hit misses in a row more op than what I proposed, or 20% resist just from talent instead of a skill maxed to 4/4 and that needs to be stacked with dodges.. but the fact is rogue needs something for sure. Especially for late game scenarios like I said above, that’s where rogue is just the worst.

PS : I don’t want rogues to destroy everything in their way, I just want to *play* bro.

I am not against bro.  In fact, it is a very good idea, We need the rogue to be able to destroy everything, both in pve and pvp... I mean... Sentinels already have something like that, right?

I've had to see how a simple pt of seekers/ rangers steals the boss from a guild, A £U©KING WHOLE GUILD!!  Do you understand what I say? 

Do you know how ridiculous it is to use so many buffs, to prevent a random pt of seekers and rangers from stealing the boss to an entire guild? 

Every idea provided for rogues is welcome, at least for me.

Remember if any elf starts complaining about your idea, means that your idea was very good.

They are the least suitable to complain about  whats OP

• 1 month later...

We tire our brains suggesting defensive buffs that don't break the game, explaining why no competitive guild wants them, why on 2v2 there are better options, why on raid bosses there are better options, why on dungeons there are better options,  why on 5v5 and seals they sometimes shine with a good duo, why even on 1v1 they get beaten by some, all that so that the GMs just buff the rogue in full attack. @Nolan@Dr Strange Listen to players in Eu and Br too, not only in Russians servers where the majority of players are rangers, the only char rogue is overall good against.

Literally no one asked for a defensive buff of hunter or ranger and they both got a dodge talent, while the mighty melee char, rogue, gets a stealth crit despite many people suggesting similar mechanics as what the other 2 dodge and ranged classes got. 

Edited by Axetricks

I maintain my position, in wanting the old reflexes to be returned.

Here my suggestion

Absolute reflexes:

Increase dodge by 5%/7%/9%/12% and obtain a 3 positive dodges, with a cd of 8/7/6/5 seconds each dodge stack. 

If the rogue Genuinely dodges an attack (without the 100% positive dodge by the skill) Reset a dodge stack by 1 but no more  in  2 seconds. 

Also skill fixes

Kick in the back

Decrease accuracy and critical chance parameters to zero for 4/7/10/13/15 seconds

Dodge

Increase base dodge by 10%/14%/18%/22%/26%  and penetration 8%/10%/12%/14%/16%

I think that for rogues right now, you should wait after test of new branches is out.

This way you can find exact fixes that rogue needs after update which some might be fixed with these new talents

18 minutes ago, Ryohei said:

I maintain my position, in wanting the old reflexes to be returned.

Here my suggestion

Absolute reflexes:

Increase dodge by 5%/7%/9%/12% and obtain a 3 positive dodges, with a cd of 8/7/6/5 seconds each dodge stack. 

If the rogue Genuinely dodges an attack (without the 100% positive dodge by the skill) Reset a dodge stack by 1 but no more  in  2 seconds. 

Also skill fixes

Kick in the back

Decrease accuracy and critical chance parameters to zero for 4/7/10/13/15 seconds

Dodge

Increase base dodge by 10%/14%/18%/22%/26%  and penetration 8%/10%/12%/14%/16%

I, a Deathknight, thinks this is excellent though- 

11 minutes ago, SaltyCoffe said:

I think that for rogues right now, you should wait after test of new branches is out.

This way you can find exact fixes that rogue needs after update which some might be fixed with these new talents

I do agree. Let us see first. 

These sound pretty good and might go good with 2nd branch they have which if they had fleshed it out right is for a dps cc like I say in the update with likely build for it if you want to look at it and sound it out.

4 hours ago, Ryohei said:

I guess the path of this class is being a one-combo-kill glass canon. 

If new talents make this real, for sure no need a defensive skill

It’s already the case before the update, this wont save rogue from being freaking useless everywhere. Now with the new talent the gap between useful chars and rogue will be even bigger. How can we call rogue a good char if litteraly no one wants it (rogue isn’t the only char in this case). This game needs serious balancing.

PS : There are some other chars that also are a one combo kill class but useful everywhere else.

Edited by Axetricks