Make Tanks useful in upcoming updates, please?

Bloodylipa

It does bother me a whole lot all the unbalanced upsides of playing ANY ranged class in WS currently. They handle pretty much any situation better or with advantages over melee classes. Heck when tanks go for hard boss kill, like 6 shadows or LAB RAIDS, what is the duty of a tank? Its to kill mobs around casters. And cause of the range distance allowing bosses to be held on a distance to minimize the interferance of mobs, it is far more effective to use range class as a tank. Sure a tank takes less dmg, but he also pulls 3-5 extra mobs on him, compard to a range tank.

I really hope these sort of aspects will be examined and fixed in the massive updates to come and will make melee classes useful in the sense they are suppose to be useful

For mele.... Yeah, for tanker.... nooo, how with rogue.....? dont leave rogue

how to add MP usage on staff weapon magician class?

Example:

-Staff arena level 17 for healer class, 4 MP per atk

-Staff arena level 17 for non healer (warlock and mage) class, 2MP per atk

many game mmo, all magicians ar using MP every 1 atk

Mana regen at level 30 = 5 (Passive) + (2x15 (2x ring level 30)) + 15 (belt level 30) = 50 ......  :shok: omg,

how with level 50 (Max level ws) = 5 + (2x25 (2x ring level 50)) + 25 (belt level 50) = 80.....  :shok:  owning

Personally i made this topic for range abuse and the advantage of a range tank. Theirs nothing really wrong with the tank classes, with gears and skills they can hold alot of dmg and im sure theyll get to have even better skill choices for tank with new updates. But first the game design or system needs to change so a range player CANT get away tanking only 1 mob, while a tank in the same room needs to tank 6 mobs if he tries the same boss.

A tank does absorb dmg way better then a caster, but not 5 additional mobs better, thats where i feel the system fails. If a tank needs to tank 6 mobs, then a caster tank should also tank 6 mobs (if the caster skilled for tanking). You get SO much advantages from range distance in the game as it is now.

i totally agree in the unbalance that is in warspear

in d&d caster classes normally use a mace/staff which is melee for the cleric/mage. well, they could use slings but then ammo would come in and limit the number of shots.

in warspear, you could just fire away to infinity as a range class whilst fighter/barbarian/thief/paladin classes get nothing in comparison.

there is a reason why some people prefer using melee weapons in d&d, its because range attacks are limited by either ammo or number of spells you could do per day.

making caster classes normal attack to cost mana would be a balance, but for the ranger it would not make sense to cost mana for the arrows, maybe make rangers pay gold instead for the shots?

anyway, good post

barge

Personally i made this topic for range abuse and the advantage of a range tank. Theirs nothing really wrong with the tank classes, with gears and skills they can hold alot of dmg and im sure theyll get to have even better skill choices for tank with new updates. But first the game design or system needs to change so a range player CANT get away tanking only 1 mob, while a tank in the same room needs to tank 6 mobs if he tries the same boss.

A tank does absorb dmg way better then a caster, but not 5 additional mobs better, thats where i feel the system fails. If a tank needs to tank 6 mobs, then a caster tank should also tank 6 mobs (if the caster skilled for tanking). You get SO much advantages from range distance in the game as it is now.

Just like I hardly or never saw a bladedancer tanking a deep labyrinth boss.

All malee should get their freedom :diablo:

Just like I hardly or never saw a bladedancer tanking a deep labyrinth boss.

Ive never seen a melee tank any of the stronger LAB bosses. And doing 6 shadows, melee sits and waits for range to do 90% of the job and if you like you can run back and forth hitting, but basicly youre not even needed....

I love playing tank classes in any game but in warspear I feel its very hard to be one in term of PvP because of imbalance issue. They don't have any resistance to blind/stun/fear that should be only tank class inherit that kind of resistance.

I mean most in any game tank class have huge hp pool, high defense, high resistance but not in this game.

In warspear, rogue/ranger can have 4k def, any mage type can have 3k hp.

Still newbies telling that cloth armor make mage type weak, how come? They have protection spells that can increase defense up to 7% which is huge and they can beat any tank class easily (with the same level,amp or even higher level).

Taunt/persuasive/aggression should be deleted from tank skill list because its waste skill

:lol: :lol: :lol:

why? :diablo:

Because melees can't "reach" freedom.

LEONIDAS Said "THIS IS SPARTAAAA!!!""

@megatron

Before crit heal exist its imbalance already.

The devs should test the class balance not just developing shop items.

Nowadays I can see every update ppl will come only to look what changes in the game for awhile then leave again.

Because now the game orientation only pvp which is not suitable for tank class and in farming tank not so much needed, its failed class design actually