Balance suggestion for dk

Santa Claus

Dk has been pretty underwhelming char and it lacks mobility and dmg in pve and pvp . Dk is also only tank char that doesnt have passive defansive skill. So please go look at my suggestions and leave ur opinions on this.

image.png Thorn of Death:  make this skill same as  steel hurricane so that magic dmg dks should have  some benefit from it  since right now even with physical dmg this skill still does low dmg.

image.png Exhalation of Darkness:  this skill is very slow  with animation and fact that dk need to perform autoattack on enemy which is very slow. I would make this skill work instantly on enemy since its pretty slow right now and it feels outdated.

image.png Provocation: this skill should give some buff to dk since some other tank classes also got something else than just agro

image.png Threads of Darkness:this skill need to be reworked . Its pretty hard to close gap between enemy with amount  of resist in this game and considering that this skill is only one that gives dk chance to get close to enemies it should be reworked. Make it work like paladin jump or mage teleport giving it lets say 10-20 % dmg so that we can instantly silence some1 when we jump in. It shouldnt be problem since paladin ,reaper and barbarian have instant stun too without combination of skills

image.png Dark Shield:make this skill work on 65% chance and make it work on all skills . I would also love to have this skill as active with mana consuption bcs its easily removed by mages/chiefs also bcs dk is only tank that doesnt have pasive dmg reduction skill

image.png Death Call: give us some buff in dmg if we wont get it on another skills

image.png Steel Hurricane:this skill is fine 

image.png Saturation:this skill isnt worth upgrading just for 5% more life steal on each lvl . Also this skill should give another stat like lets say cd or penetration. We lack attacking stats in pve and in pvp.

image.png Sharp Shadow:this skill should just be adjusted that dk still gain heal if attack is blocked or dodged  since almost all classes got healing skills and this is only one that can be blocked or dodged

image.png Blow of the Silence:this skill is doing fine but considering how other classee got better 2nd effect its pretty bad . 25% dmg boost only work on 1 attack. I would remove that and make enemies slow down for 5-10-15-20% 

image.png Secret Reserves:this skills should be activated after arena is over 

image.png Aura of Hatred: well this skills doesnt give too much value right now  since 15 % def and 10 % dmg is almost unnoticable. I would either give dk some resist with this skill since dk only gain resist from buffs and its pretty slow and lack mobility or make it give penetration or cooldown

image.png Blood Protection: this skill should  have темная опека.png Dark guardianship  effect that gives deatkinight 50% of effect when skill is used on ally and if we dont follow that branch we have pretty bad skill.  Since right now its worse version of shaman totem /paladin shield /chief rugged . If we compare it with shaman cleanse and chief rugged it doesnt have 2nd effect and if we compare it to paladin shiled it doesnt give anything to dk when its used on ally

image.png Knight's Curse:  this skill should  work like эхо проклят ДК.png Damned Echo . Same thing with blood protection in case if u dont go with talent u have pretty bad skill.

TALENTS:

image.png Enjoying Blood: this talent is probably best out of 3 but its still pretty weak compared to other classes. We can either make it give more vampirism from 2nd hit or we can increase 2nd hit dmg.

image.png Bounty of Death: this talent is good in pve but it should not have 7 yards limit .

image.png A Dead Man's Howl: this talent actually doesnt do anything its pretty bad i would say that it would either need rework or make debuff work on enemies that are being hit rather than enemies that are close to u when u use skill.

лик смерти.png Branch “Death face”: this  branch is pretty good but its being ruined by 1 thing and that thing isэхо проклят ДК.png Damned Echo . Its pretty bad in pvp bcs if enemy have magic resistance book or similiar buff from scroll it makes whole branch feel like actual nerf to a dk since normally without this talent dk does 12 hits and when we have this talent it does only 4. Also its said that when debuff end prematurely that curse zone will be placed but when its decreased by magic resistance book it doesnt.

незыблем тьмы.png Branch “Dark Fortitude”: this branch is pretty good for deathknights with  shield but i would only buff ifтемная опека.png Dark guardianship effect that when u use skill on ally is applied on normal skill without talent.

вампир сущн.png Branch “Vampire Essence”:this branch has been worst out of 3 and i actually dont see it becoming better.

Edited by Santa Claus

• Santa Claus changed the title to Balance suggestion for dk
23 часа назад, Santa Claus сказал:

Dk has been pretty underwhelming char and it lacks mobility and dmg in pve and pvp . Dk is also only tank char that doesnt have passive defansive skill. So please go look at my suggestions and leave ur opinions on this.

image.png Thorn of Death:  make this skill same as  steel hurricane so that magic dmg dks should have  some benefit from it  since right now even with physical dmg this skill still does low dmg.

image.png Exhalation of Darkness:  this skill is very slow  with animation and fact that dk need to perform autoattack on enemy which is very slow. I would make this skill work instantly on enemy since its pretty slow right now and it feels outdated.

image.png Provocation: this skill should give some buff to dk since some other tank classes also got something else than just agro

image.png Threads of Darkness:this skill need to be reworked . Its pretty hard to close gap between enemy with amount  of resist in this game and considering that this skill is only one that gives dk chance to get close to enemies it should be reworked. Make it work like paladin jump or mage teleport giving it lets say 10-20 % dmg so that we can instantly silence some1 when we jump in. It shouldnt be problem since paladin ,reaper and barbarian have instant stun too without combination of skills

image.png Dark Shield:make this skill work on 65% chance and make it work on all skills . I would also love to have this skill as active with mana consuption bcs its easily removed by mages/chiefs also bcs dk is only tank that doesnt have pasive dmg reduction skill

image.png Death Call: give us some buff in dmg if we wont get it on another skills

image.png Steel Hurricane:this skill is fine 

image.png Saturation:this skill isnt worth upgrading just for 5% more life steal on each lvl . Also this skill should give another stat like lets say cd or penetration. We lack attacking stats in pve and in pvp.

image.png Sharp Shadow:this skill should just be adjusted that dk still gain heal if attack is blocked or dodged  since almost all classes got healing skills and this is only one that can be blocked or dodged

image.png Blow of the Silence:this skill is doing fine but considering how other classee got better 2nd effect its pretty bad . 25% dmg boost only work on 1 attack. I would remove that and make enemies slow down for 5-10-15-20% 

image.png Secret Reserves:this skills should be activated after arena is over 

image.png Aura of Hatred: well this skills doesnt give too much value right now  since 15 % def and 10 % dmg is almost unnoticable. I would either give dk some resist with this skill since dk only gain resist from buffs and its pretty slow and lack mobility or make it give penetration or cooldown

image.png Blood Protection: this skill should  have темная опека.png Dark guardianship  effect that gives deatkinight 50% of effect when skill is used on ally and if we dont follow that branch we have pretty bad skill.  Since right now its worse version of shaman totem /paladin shield /chief rugged . If we compare it with shaman cleanse and chief rugged it doesnt have 2nd effect and if we compare it to paladin shiled it doesnt give anything to dk when its used on ally

image.png Knight's Curse:  this skill should  work like эхо проклят ДК.png Damned Echo . Same thing with blood protection in case if u dont go with talent u have pretty bad skill.

TALENTS:

image.png Enjoying Blood: this talent is probably best out of 3 but its still pretty weak compared to other classes. We can either make it give more vampirism from 2nd hit or we can increase 2nd hit dmg.

image.png Bounty of Death: this talent is good in pve but it should not have 7 yards limit .

image.png A Dead Man's Howl: this talent actually doesnt do anything its pretty bad i would say that it would either need rework or make debuff work on enemies that are being hit rather than enemies that are close to u when u use skill.

лик смерти.png Branch “Death face”: this  branch is pretty good but its being ruined by 1 thing and that thing isэхо проклят ДК.png Damned Echo . Its pretty bad in pvp bcs if enemy have magic resistance book or similiar buff from scroll it makes whole branch feel like actual nerf to a dk since normally without this talent dk does 12 hits and when we have this talent it does only 4. Also its said that when debuff end prematurely that curse zone will be placed but when its decreased by magic resistance book it doesnt.

незыблем тьмы.png Branch “Dark Fortitude”: this branch is pretty good for deathknights with  shield but i would only buff ifтемная опека.png Dark guardianship effect that when u use skill on ally is applied on normal skill without talent.

вампир сущн.png Branch “Vampire Essence”:this branch has been worst out of 3 and i actually dont see it becoming better.

dk need dmg buff also DeathFace need some more goodway. sometimes really useless talent.

В 10.11.2023 в 12:03, Santa Claus сказал:

Agree, it needs to be adjusted to hybrid/magic builds. Or to give it more phy dmg to increase instant dmg at least somehow. But your variant is better since we still need relics in this skill, but forced to erase it from skill tab if we play magic / tank build.

Make the same as basic Charmer skill OR just increase its dmg, but lower stun duration. Since its very slow to get impact from skill, it should give worse-using amplificator of damage.

Agree. The best solution Ive seen on Rus forum is to give provocation lowered Apathy debuff (20-40%). But at the same time to increase Bosses healing abilities - that will make provocation useful not only at arena, but also when considering "find tank or +1 dd for dung".

Hmm, idk, threads were TOO good 5-8 years ago, when resistance was from "0" to "very low". Now it just need to has to be buffed like "reduces amount of enemy`s resistance to that skill for 5-8-12-16-20%". Nthg more, I guess.

Or to lower decreasing instant dmgm but add also for DoTs, traps and skills like Knight Curse.

Disagree, its powerful enough and has best-game synergy with Sharp Shadow to use combo. I mean, no other class has passive chance for Distortion as well as ability to use combo "passively", just with one other skill - everyone needs to wait for GCD.

Agree ONLY if healing amount will be lower, like 5-7-11-15%. Since it`s too good to have 20% of healing, ranged distance of use, huge damage and stun at the same time.

Disagree to change its effect, it works good, but better to buff 2 skills or aa, since it works too bad for even physical build to have GCD for other skills + 1 sec CD for aa to buff next aa for 25%. Any other skill or 2 aa without 1 sec CD after skill use are better than using Blow to increase dmg.

Disagree that it`s bad skill, of course think that penetra / CD / even AS will be better, but we should just get used to the thought we are tanks, not dd, and its too imbalanced to have this dd-parameters for 80 sec with skill CD 25-30.

We`d better used too the fact in this game our wishes and asks will be introduced only in cut form. Anyway,  talent gives new life to the skill and that`s enough (BUT I won`t try other specs since will lose Echo and the same works for 70% of DK, which seems to be really bad).

It not the best cause of toooo low dmg, I remember to deal 97 (!!!) dmg with +10 sea maul in Mermens BEFORE adding resilince to mobs, and DKs definetely dont need more vampirism. So only removing life steal effect and adding dmg for the second hurricane up to 50-66% is the solution.

Proposed to remove this talent on Rus forum, change it for the Fast Shadow. Fast Shadow has +1 yard, 50% of dmg and 50% of stun duration,  but moves you to the enemy like Barb Charge does. And to definitely make it like talent only - someone won`t be happy to decrease his stun and damage of the skill to get more mobility (but I will).

Its pretty bad in pvp bcs if enemy have magic resistance book or similiar buff from scroll it makes whole branch feel like actual nerf to a dk since normally without this talent dk does 12 hits and when we have this talent it does only 4. Also its said that when debuff end prematurely that curse zone will be placed but when its decreased by magic resistance book it doesnt.

Not only Oct book, but also Circus talent and Vampiric-branch DKs with 100% vamp ruining the whole branch. It also has other problems, u can navigate Rus forum and see what I mentioned.

Its TOO good for DKs with Crit Heal + all 4 vamp books + Subjuction when crit + Revelation of Fury, but very weak branch for ANY DKs how are not able to hold specified stack of books. 

20 minutes ago, Erchomage said:
On 11/10/2023 at 12:03 PM, Santa Claus said:

Expand  

Hmm, idk, threads were TOO good 5-8 years ago, when resistance was from "0" to "very low". Now it just need to has to be buffed like "reduces amount of enemy`s resistance to that skill for 5-8-12-16-20%". Nthg more, I guess.

Skill was only good when it had 5 yards and its pretty outdated in my opinion . Only thing that is able to get us close to ranged chars is being resisted most of the times. With teleport it would be much better variation and i dont think there would be any need to improve dk movement. Bcs rn im pretty sure dk have worst mobility out of all melee chars in the game .

23 minutes ago, Erchomage said:

Disagree, its powerful enough and has best-game synergy with Sharp Shadow to use combo. I mean, no other class has passive chance for Distortion as well as ability to use combo "passively", just with one other skill - everyone needs to wait for GCD.

So ur using this on 4/4 to have chance to heal more from disto is pretty bad decision in my opinion. Other chars are having way better stat booster than life steal and synergy with sharp shadow doesnt depend on saturation lvl it depens on sharp shadows lvl.

26 minutes ago, Erchomage said:

Agree ONLY if healing amount will be lower, like 5-7-11-15%. Since it`s too good to have 20% of healing, ranged distance of use, huge damage and stun at the same time

Why is it too much for dk to have 20% heal while chars like bd have 35% heal and even seeker have 30% from their skill. Not even gonna mention counterpart like paladin whos able to keep himself +1 other player alive with heals.

28 minutes ago, Erchomage said:

Disagree that it`s bad skill, of course think that penetra / CD / even AS will be better, but we should just get used to the thought we are tanks, not dd, and its too imbalanced to have this dd-parameters for 80 sec with skill CD 25-30.

It is bad skill ur barely even noticing its buff . Lets say for example magic build dk is having 10% dmg from guild 4% from faction 20% from rings 30% from amulet and cloak. In the end that 10% is barely noticable . And about def its pretty weak considering that after certain point we get just lower and lower def% . Accu was added last year and when saw that it was useless they made curse dodgeable which is sad . 

34 minutes ago, Erchomage said:

It not the best cause of toooo low dmg, I remember to deal 97 (!!!) dmg with +10 sea maul in Mermens BEFORE adding resilince to mobs, and DKs definetely dont need more vampirism. So only removing life steal effect and adding dmg for the second hurricane up to 50-66% is the solution.

Its pretty nice when ur doing solo things and in arena its only good bcs that both hits can stun but buffing its dmg or vampirism would be nice since dk have all 3 bad talents if we compare them to other classes.

37 minutes ago, Erchomage said:

Its TOO good for DKs with Crit Heal + all 4 vamp books + Subjuction when crit + Revelation of Fury, but very weak branch for ANY DKs how are not able to hold specified stack of books. 

Even with 300 books i dont see any value in this branch . It sounds pretty op but lets be real  death face branch gives more dmg which also mean more heal from vampirism . And mid branch is tankier than this branch and it doesnt require u to do dmg on target

12 минут назад, Santa Claus сказал:

So ur using this on 4/4 to have chance to heal more from disto is pretty bad decision in my opinion. Other chars are having way better stat booster than life steal and synergy with sharp shadow doesnt depend on saturation lvl it depens on sharp shadows lvl.

Nope, its always 1/4 in all builds. I just mean that its pretty nice to have such imbalanced stat on tank klass, that ups disto passively. So it means that I`m just satisfied enough with it.

15 минут назад, Santa Claus сказал:

Why is it too much for dk to have 20% heal while chars like bd have 35% heal and even seeker have 30% from their skill. Not even gonna mention counterpart like paladin whos able to keep himself +1 other player alive with heals.

BD and seeker don`t have so much def potential or HP. And also BD needs to successfully attack 7 times to heal 35% - compared to DK who heals 20% with one click. It also has longer CD, which also effects. For the Seeker, it even much more complicated to get 35% from their combo - for healing 25%, you need at least 1 DoT on character, so its combo of "two skills + to go through enemy`s resistance" (in compare with "on skill and go through parry/block). If u want 35%, u need 5 bleeding on enemy, which definetely very hard to stack. And keep in mind, that Seeker has 50% lowering heal from their talent + always 30% of max HP, so only on very low HP healing skill is usable.

25 минут назад, Santa Claus сказал:

It is bad skill ur barely even noticing its buff . Lets say for example magic build dk is having 10% dmg from guild 4% from faction 20% from rings 30% from amulet and cloak. In the end that 10% is barely noticable . And about def its pretty weak considering that after certain point we get just lower and lower def% . Accu was added last year and when saw that it was useless they made curse dodgeable which is sad . 

Anyway it works much better than before, including lasting buff and high amount of accu. Lost of classes like shaman or necro just dream about that stat - even its not so "damageble" as you can think, its still allows you to use weapons and rings without accu - so consider this as "adding 10% autoattack from spear and 500 HP from rings", for example, and u will have another look on this buff.
Def buff should also not be considered as "hmmm, I have additional 3% of phy defence, thats bad" but as "hmm, it helps to cut damage with Dark Shield for 60-75 for each instant instant skill or auto, doesn`t matter which kind of damage it is".

32 минуты назад, Santa Claus сказал:

Its pretty nice when ur doing solo things and in arena its only good bcs that both hits can stun but buffing its dmg or vampirism would be nice since dk have all 3 bad talents if we compare them to other classes.

It also can apply fury or do critical, yes, thats good, but only for pve. Ive had an experince of using all the stun rings + weapon + crystals in foots and weapon and its still to weak build and not reliable build compare with loosing damage, ferocity, resilince, CD. But its good to aplly fury only with 1 crystal in body in pve, I agree with it - but mostly in pve you are in group and to lower dung time wasting its better to use Aura talent since your damage increase from the second hurricane is not compatible with 4 dd buffed with 7.5% power and accu. Thats why I think its weak and we need to ask for damage up, to use it not only when doing 4th sector Aiw quests...

37 минут назад, Santa Claus сказал:

Even with 300 books i dont see any value in this branch . It sounds pretty op but lets be real  death face branch gives more dmg which also mean more heal from vampirism . And mid branch is tankier than this branch and it doesnt require u to do dmg on target

Think that books scope Ive mentioned can do imbalance things in 1x1 really, but 1) it can be achieved for 2-3 players through all the servers 2) even when Ive asked Devs that if they consider that branch as "phy pve d dealer compatible with 1st magic d dealer" they should increase impact of damage, not defence skill effectivness. So just waiting they`ve made some conclusions and will buff it (but really Im afraid that they will just nerf 1st branch to make the 3d one look like smthg not TOO bad, cause now even full phy DK choose 1st for its impact)

I will ask you not to think Im too critical too some of your ideas - thats my favorite char, and Im fighting for it every rebalance for last 3-4 years. But Im also keen on balance and I don`t want to have "3 months of too powerfull machine that cannot be slained 1vs5" and than because of it be nerfed too much, as we faced with Dark Shield last winter. And anyway thats only my opinion, you may think, play, and ask for buffs as you consider as better way :vp-looking: