The Fate of the Reaper Class

First of all, I will spend time in this article as i think unfortunately this class is not played by almost no one but maybe there is hope that it can be saved.

Skills Reworks

The reaper class offers you the opportunity to switch to a new form, but the game forgot something with the new talent update. Despite adding a new Partial Form, many skills are not adapted to this form. Let's discuss this with new ideas.

(I will only give information about the skills that need to be changed.)

Normal Form

---------------

image.png.eec4fb307625a99e24395f6167dc0629.png Otherworldly Boost -You must have seen a reaper using this skill at least once. So what is this shield? I think it is necessary to either remove an effect that has no effect in the game or to give the shield that this class deserves.

image.png.ac16185346c2e0d6538a6018bf349462.png

(example of useless shield)

image.png.59f882f50f050eed167906ec285f338a.png Explosion of Chaos - This is the skill need to completely rework. Instead of blow after a while, apply to character for some seconds and deals to damage to all enemies amount of attack power within  a one-yard radius every 2.5sec (like chieftain Eagle Eye skill). Additionally skill deals bleeding negative effect to enemies with %20 chance while under effect demon form. 

(Well I believe this changes will make reapers more usefull in GvG's) 

image.png.2d2d3e7bd1217f711cf6d5ed82adc15b.png Exorcism - Skill completely reworked. Now like all Forsaken class deals the "Exorcism" debuff to the enemy and "Demon Life" buff to the character for a while. The "Exorcism" effect deals periodic physical damage. The "Demon Life" effect restores health depending on the damage done. Additionally skill deals silence negative effect to enemies 7sec after done while under effect demon form.

Demon Form

---------------

Honestly, Demon form offers fair enough features. Therefore, in this article, I will not talk about the changes of the demon form.

Partial Form

---------------

This form came with the new talent branch update. but unfortunately something is missing and this is getting noticed in a big way. Although it offers you a 20% ATK strenght guarantee, it takes more than 6 features from your hands. Let's take a quick look at them and examine what can change. (and yes, it gives you a 25% chance to basic attack twice. but not guaranteed.)

image.png.de2406ba3953b3dd9aa1891b862604a3.png Partial Form

Pros - As I mentioned above, it gives you 20% atk strength and 25% chance of normal attack twice.

Cons - You lose %25 maximum heath and energy points from skill.

Idea - Increased character speed %25 during effect. Skill cooldown decreased 18sec to 15sec. 

image.png.eec4fb307625a99e24395f6167dc0629.png Otherworldly Boost

Pros - There is no advantages if you select partial form.

Cons - You lose to apply bleeding enemies who got debuff.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skills apply partial bleeding to random enemies with %10-20-30-40-50 chances.

image.png.92be2f464ee3fae334d826fd41bc20e4.png Chains of the Underworld

Cons - You lose to apply chains multiple enemies.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skills apply partial chains to random enemies with %10-20-30-40-50 chances.

image.png.7d19c6b5950e5315942dc137e4275df7.png Exaltation

Cons - You lose to apply positive effect %25 skill damage

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skills apply partial positive effect gives %12.5 skill damage

image.png.214293136f760ca69f887d9387dc2ff9.png Rise above Death 

Cons - You lose to completely talent advantages. When use partial effect talent won't active anymore.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, debuff remove with %50 chances.

image.png.2f00b708e1ea9cdedc672a697645513c.png Annihilation

Cons - You lose up to %56 critical damage from skill depends hate level.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skill now gains up to %25 critical damage from skill depends hate level.

image.png.8d1eb6c491ce29f64439fe8d60c62e67.png Hand of the Underworld

Cons - You lose to guarantee double hit chance with extra %1.5sec stun chance (if based maximum skill level)

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skills apply guarantee double with %1 sec increase stun by %10-20-30-40-50 chances.

image.png.da802b130507f6ad8716ddfdae8dc757.png Unwavering Will

Cons - You lose to guarantee 2 resist boost.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skills turns to active status and usable during form. 

image.png.59f882f50f050eed167906ec285f338a.png Explosion of Chaos

Cons - You lose %10 penetration to enemies (if based maximum skill level)

Idea - When character under partial form effect, with new rework apply bleeding negative effects to enemies with %10 chance.

image.png.3707b6963a32f603d914b50f8b2435ff.png Approach of Madness 

Pros - You can not use it under effect both forms. (Expect Hate Thrist talent.)

Cons - Skill can not usable during form.

Idea - Well, If we have made a partial metamorphosis technically, it means that we can still benefit from this skill. So character under partial form effect, instead of "Blood Frenzy" to "Parry Frenzy" positive effect that gives character %5-6-8-10 Parry during form. After form ends, effect over with it.

image.png.ca3dabe5b691b34bc35983c1358ba444.png Revenge

Pros - There is no advantages with both forms. 

Cons - Skill doesn't effect to forms.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skill can not block, parry or dodge.

image.png.2d2d3e7bd1217f711cf6d5ed82adc15b.png Exorcism

Pros - There is no advantages with both forms. 

Cons - Skill doesn't effect to forms.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, skill deals silence negative effect to enemies 3.5sec after done.

Edited by WantFairGame
Edit

Totally agree it need a deep revision 

I wanna suggest  a few changes  aswell

-reworking the 1st demon form talent to another effect, since it becomes useless  or "unnoticeable" on almost all branches. 

-talent "devastating flash"  should not cancels demon form, it only makes the 2nd and 3rd branch totally useless.. Also normal skill "chaos esplosion" should be an instant effect, there is not a reason to makes it delay 2.5 sec. 

-the 1st branch... since it is not a full demon form (all benefits of demon form doesnt work) it should work as active permanent skill with mana regen reduction. 

-the 3rd branch.. I suggest adding an strong defensive effect, than a simply turning into "normal" demon form, since it is going to be a "kamikaze" build is appropiate dont? 

- Chains of underworld should work always as aoe

-Otherworldy boost should apply another kind of debuff because the currently one is unnoticeable and too weak 

-delaying death should be nerfed a bit but removes the remaining debuff

Thats all

I agree in parts. Indeed, the branch of talents in a partial form should indeed function as if it were transformed into a Demon. The only difference should be that in this form the player does not receive the 25% hp and mana, nor converts speed into skill cowdown. The branch came up with the idea of being an option for those who don't want to change the speed parameter when transformed, but the way it was done it even seems like it was a mistake, because it's not worth it. The only thing that really needs to be done, and remove the gain from HP, Mana, changed parameters, and keep all other gains for the talent branch to actually be an improvement and not a Nerf.

Very good proposal although there are several things such as 

On 8/8/2023 at 2:25 PM, WantFairGame said:

image.png.59f882f50f050eed167906ec285f338a.png Explosion of Chaos

Cons - You lose %10 penetration to enemies (if based maximum skill level)

Idea - When character under partial form effect, with new rework apply bleeding negative effects to enemies with %10 chance.

This one doesn't quite convince me either. What was proposed at the beginning of this topic seemed like a better idea.

image.png.59f882f50f050eed167906ec285f338a.png Explosion of Chaos - apply to character for some seconds and deals to damage to all enemies amount of attack power within  a one-yard radius every 2.5sec (like chieftain Eagle Eye skill). Additionally skill deals bleeding negative effect to enemies with %20 chance while under effect demon form. 

now the additional effect when entering transformation I can't think of anything that is not exaggerated or broken

image.png.214293136f760ca69f887d9387dc2ff9.png Rise above Death 

Cons - You lose to completely talent advantages. When use partial effect talent won't active anymore.

Idea - When character under partial form effect, debuff remove with %50 chances.

Something in this idea does not quite fit me, it feels strange or that it could be better

Edited by SeaDemon

• 1 month later...