Automating Guild Actions

hamzza

Objective

Enriching guild owners/heirs with effective management features to engage more with the players. 

Case Scenario

I am a proud owner of a large guild. All the members of my guild are very industrious and hard-working. They always compete with each others on the amount of guild-points they accumulated in the past week or the number of times they completed any specific dungeon.

Spoiler

Just a far-fetched example to provide context, if you rolled your eyes reading the last sentence then please accept my apologies 😅

As a token of appreciation, and to see who rises to the top, I announce a challenge. 

"Whoever has more guild-points at the end of the week shall be rewarded with 10k gold!"

The challenge stirred up the heat in the guild. Everyone was excited about this and wanted to be the one to win this. Of-course, the value of gold is worth much in the Arinar. Without squandering much, the members quickly started grinding. 

At the 6th day of the challenge, a handful of the guild members were competing toe-to-toe and I could barely wait to see the true champion. 

Unfortunately, due to some urgent work, I could not log the next day. 

When I came about, I found my guild in utter mess. The rankings were reset and the members arguing with each other over the top position. I had no facility to validate any claims and I couldn't hand over the reward based on no actual data.

Alas! only if there were a solution!

Solution

A functionality that lets you add a 'reward' based on some conditions (time, challenge). Just like you see in arena rating screen. awards.PNG.1bbd0afba11f969a959a4ee224e5fbb2.PNG 

The challenge organizer (usually a guild leader or a heir) inserts some reward into the option (gold, costume, equipment, etcetera) and sets a time limit (7-days, 14-days, etcetera) and the challenge (guild-points, arena-wins, dungeons-completed, etcetera).

Whenever the timer runs out, the reward goes directly to the deserving player without any interventions. 

Similarly, following functionalities can also be included in this. 

Rank-Up / Rank-Down

A guild owner/heir can set a condition that after a certain amount of time, the rank of a guild member is automatically incremented or decremented if the member remains inactive.

Dismissal

A guild owner/heir can set a condition that after a certain amount of time, if the member fails to reach the minimum threshold of guild-points, then they should be automatically removed. 

@Dr Strange @Holmes Please use the translator to read this. I swear this would make gameplay and guild management so much more easier. We use cloud and automation even for daily activities in real life and when I log warspear it's just a huge step back. It's a huge pain for scour through guild each time and spend hours deciding if I a member is active or not or if they made the minimum gp or not and whatnot, deciding prizes etc.

2 hours ago, TheCaster said:

@Dr Strange @Holmes Please use the translator to read this. I swear this would make gameplay and guild management so much more easier. We use cloud and automation even for daily activities in real life and when I log warspear it's just a huge step back. It's a huge pain for scour through guild each time and spend hours deciding if I a member is active or not or if they made the minimum gp or not and whatnot, deciding prizes etc.

Don't @ the devs. 

Personally I would prefer a guild store mechanic instead of automated ones. 

Dismissing a guild member automatically when they let the lead know that they are in the hospital would be a pain..

Automatically ranking members would not be a good idea due to the number of scammers that would take advantage of this system would increase alot

35 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

Don't @ the devs. 

Um why not? I want to bring their attention to this topic. International forum topics are often overlooked because can't communicate with Russian devs. 

Edited by TheCaster

51 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

Um why not? I want to bring their attention to this topic. International forum topics are often overlooked because can't communicate with Russian devs. 

They requested that people don't because it can be quite annoying. 

Plus they are likely trying to prepare the game for median Night [they are devs afterall] 

14 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Personally I would prefer a guild store mechanic instead of automated ones. 

Dismissing a guild member automatically when they let the lead know that they are in the hospital would be a pain..

Automatically ranking members would not be a good idea due to the number of scammers that would take advantage of this system would increase alot

Good points (a bit extreme though). However, my suggestions on AGA are `optional`, not mandatory. 

My main focus on this is the `reward` system that alleviates the hassle to keep up with the time. 

Besides, I see no reason why a player shouldn't be promoted to `Explorer` when they've spent almost 1-year in the guild and has been on a good behavior with the other guild members. 

If someone having a legitimate reason does get kicked out for being inactive, then they can always be invited back (: 

Most of the guilds below lvl7 vigilantly look for the active players for guild-points. Having low guild capacity to invite promising players, the `Dismissal` functionality would come in handy. 

But, to each their own, right?

On 10/17/2022 at 12:49 AM, hamzza said:

Objective

Enriching guild owners/heirs with effective management features to engage more with the players. 

Case Scenario

I am a proud owner of a large guild. All the members of my guild are very industrious and hard-working. They always compete with each others on the amount of guild-points they accumulated in the past week or the number of times they completed any specific dungeon.

Reveal hidden contents

Just a far-fetched example to provide context, if you rolled your eyes reading the last sentence then please accept my apologies 😅

As a token of appreciation, and to see who rises to the top, I announce a challenge. 

"Whoever has more guild-points at the end of the week shall be rewarded with 10k gold!"

The challenge stirred up the heat in the guild. Everyone was excited about this and wanted to be the one to win this. Of-course, the value of gold is worth much in the Arinar. Without squandering much, the members quickly started grinding. 

At the 6th day of the challenge, a handful of the guild members were competing toe-to-toe and I could barely wait to see the true champion. 

Unfortunately, due to some urgent work, I could not log the next day. 

When I came about, I found my guild in utter mess. The rankings were reset and the members arguing with each other over the top position. I had no facility to validate any claims and I couldn't hand over the reward based on no actual data.

Alas! only if there were a solution!

Solution

A functionality that lets you add a 'reward' based on some conditions (time, challenge). Just like you see in arena rating screen. awards.PNG.1bbd0afba11f969a959a4ee224e5fbb2.PNG 

The challenge organizer (usually a guild leader or a heir) inserts some reward into the option (gold, costume, equipment, etcetera) and sets a time limit (7-days, 14-days, etcetera) and the challenge (guild-points, arena-wins, dungeons-completed, etcetera).

Whenever the timer runs out, the reward goes directly to the deserving player without any interventions. 

Similarly, following functionalities can also be included in this. 

Rank-Up / Rank-Down

A guild owner/heir can set a condition that after a certain amount of time, the rank of a guild member is automatically incremented or decremented if the member remains inactive.

Dismissal

A guild owner/heir can set a condition that after a certain amount of time, if the member fails to reach the minimum threshold of guild-points, then they should be automatically removed. 

nice idea hamzza the cute ranger in past lol