Steel Hurricane: Buff/Rework Suggestion

Khrone

Since the developers added the new effect of dealing Physical or Magical Damage according to the prevailing type of damage, i think they should go even deeper into this skill, making it unique instead of simply being an AoE DMG skill.

Steel Hurricane:

Now gives a new effect depending on the prevailing type of damage.

If the character has more physical damage, it gains a shield. The power of the shield depends on the damage dealt.

If the character has more magical damage, deals another hit with increased damage.

In resume: 

Higher the damage dealt by the Physical Steel Hurricane, stronger the shield. It would help a lot in PvE, where lots of enemies surrounds the tank.

And the second hit of the Magical Steel Hurricane would have a separate % of damage, not the same 120%. Then you guys decide if it should be weaker or stronger than the first one.

Edited by Khrone

1 hour ago, Ладиан said:

Suggestion with the shield, that depends on the damage dealt is rather interesting 🤔 

That's what i meant in the post on Russian Forum lol

Maybe it could give a shield based on the damage dealt, no matter the prevailing type of damage or it could give the shield only if you have more Physical Damage than Magical or vice versa.

If it was implemented the same way i suggested, these would be the percentages:

Physical Damage:

The shield absorbs damage equal to 50-65-85-100% of the damage dealt, but no more than 30-40-50-60% of the character's HP.

Its duration is 5-6-7-8 seconds.

Spoiler

It's a lot weaker than the Paladin's Sacred Shield, that absorbs damage equal to 100% of the Paladin's HP.

You need to consider Sacred Shield needs an ally to be used, but Steel Hurricane would need to deal damage. 

Do you think it should be stronger, like absorbing damage up to 150-200% of the damage dealt and its limit being 100% of the character HP?

Magical Damage:

The second hit of the skill deals 70-90-110-130% Magical Damage.

Spoiler

So in total, the skill would deal:

1/4: 70% + 70% = 140%

2/4: 80% + 90% = 170%

3/4: 100% + 110% = 210%

4/4: 120% + 130% = 250%

Edited by Khrone

10 часов назад, Khrone сказал:

That's what i meant in the post on Russian Forum lol

Maybe it could give a shield based on the damage dealt, no matter the prevailing type of damage or it could give the shield only if you have more Physical Damage than Magical or vice versa.

If it was implemented the same way i suggested, these would be the percentages:

Physical Damage:

The shield absorbs damage equal to 50-65-85-100% of the damage dealt, but no more than 30-40-50-60% of the character's HP.

Its duration is 5-6-7-8 seconds.

Скрыть контент

It's a lot weaker than the Paladin's Sacred Shield, that absorbs damage equal to 100% of the Paladin's HP.

You need to consider Sacred Shield needs an ally to be used, but Steel Hurricane would need to deal damage. 

Do you think it should be stronger, like absorbing damage up to 150-200% of the damage dealt and its limit being 100% of the character HP?

Magical Damage:

The second hit of the skill deals 70-90-110-130% Magical Damage.

Показать контент

So in total, the skill would deal:

1/4: 70% + 70% = 140%

2/4: 80% + 90% = 170%

3/4: 100% + 110% = 210%

4/4: 120% + 130% = 250%

I understood you on russian forum🙂
But only now realised how easily it would make dk more defended.
60% of maximum hp it’s a normal number

Edited by Ладиан

2 hours ago, Ладиан said:

But only now realised how easily it would make dk more defended.

There is also Vampirism that would heal the character with the damage of the skill before activating the shield.

Calculations:

Tank DK:

Spoiler

If a tank dealt like 700 physical damage with the skill with 5 mobs around, it would be 700*5 = 3.5K of the shield HP, that's almost half of an average lv 30-32 DK's HP (considering that they have 8K-10K HP).

If they had 25% of Vampirism, it would also heal 875 HP.

Physical Damage Dealer DK

Spoiler

(Or just a OP one)

If a damager DK dealt 1.2K with this skill with the same amount of mobs, 1.2K*5 = 6K, it would be a really strong shield and probably the DK wouldn't have +12K HP since they would focus on damage, so it would reach the limit of 60% of DK's HP. Let's consider damagers DKs usually have 6-7K HP (and that's probably still too much), so it would reach between 3.5K-4.5K and heal the player by 1.5K (with 25% Vamp).

It would give a reason for DKs to focus more into Physical Damage, since there are only 2 skills right now that uses Physical Damage (and one of them is Steel Hurricane that can be used with Magical Damage too) and would also make it possible for them to tank using 2-handed weapons.

Edited by Khrone

Also, considering that Magical DKs usually have 700 Magical Damage, in total, the skill would deal 1750 damage.

IDK if that's too much tbh, maybe the shield should be given for both types of damage? Or give a defensive effect like the Physical counterpart instead of an offensive one (since magical DKs already have Knight's Curse that deals a lot of damage), like healing 25% of the total damage dealt

Spoiler

120% of 700 = 840

840*5 = 4.2K

So if you also had Saturation 4/4, 50% of 4.2K = 2.1K

If you also had 25% Vampirism on equipments, 75% of 4.2K = 3150

1 час назад, Khrone сказал:

Also, considering that Magical DKs usually have 700 Magical Damage, in total, the skill would deal 1750 damage.

IDK if that's too much tbh, maybe the shield should be given for both types of damage? Or give a defensive effect like the Physical counterpart instead of an offensive one (since magical DKs already have Knight's Curse that deals a lot of damage), like healing 25% of the total damage dealt

Скрыть контент

120% of 700 = 840

840*5 = 4.2K

So if you also had Saturation 4/4, 50% of 4.2K = 2.1K

If you also had 25% Vampirism on equipments, 75% of 4.2K = 3150

I prefer shield on both types of damage

30 minutes ago, Ладиан said:

I prefer shield on both types of damage

So it would help the survivability of both Physical and Magical tanks and damagers?

27 minutes ago, Ладиан said:

of course it will

If it was implemented like that, how would you use it as a tank?

10 минут назад, Khrone сказал:

If it was implemented like that, how would you use it as a tank?

I have this skill build: death call 2/4 hurricane 3/4 curse 4/4, blood protection 4/4.

i would do it after death call.

so, i agred monsters and then hit them with hurricane.Then i have shield of the skill and under this skill i use curse.After the shield i use blood protection.

something like this

🙃

16 минут назад, Ладиан сказал:

I have this skill build: death call 2/4 hurricane 3/4 curse 4/4, blood protection 4/4.

i would do it after death call.

so, i agred monsters and then hit them with hurricane.Then i have shield of the skill and under this skill i use curse.After the shield i use blood protection.

something like this

🙃

i described the  plan of actions with such improvement and now i can’t wait till it will be made(if it will)

:little_kid1:

34 minutes ago, Ладиан said:

i described the  plan of actions with such improvement and now i can’t wait till it will be made(if it will)

:little_kid1:

Maybe because this suggestion actually makes sense :troll_face1:

Spoiler

Developers?

• 3 months later...

I want some silence hurricane combo bcs silence doesnt do much in pve so something like 

While under silence buff if u use steel hurricane it silences enemies and increase dmg of hurricane by 50%

16 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

I want some silence hurricane combo bcs silence doesnt do much in pve so something like 

While under silence buff if u use steel hurricane it silences enemies and increase dmg of hurricane by 50%

blow of silence already increase damage up to 25% at max level and that damage increase work on dk AoE skill. ONLY the damage work thou, the silence it self happened to only 1 target. and after lot of testing the silence work mostly on the target right > of you for some reason