Lower Threads of Darkness cooldown time

tamoae

Should Threads of Darkness have its Cooldown time lowered?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Threads of Darkness have its Cooldown time lowered?

• yes, to 20 secs.
    • yes, to 22 secs.
    • no, 30 seconds is enough.
    • yes, to a little less than 20 secs.

i was just reading the rules n apprently i am supposed to post suggestions about DK skill on DK section.  :unknw:

so here it is.

Right now DK Threads cooldown time is ridiculous 30 secs.

This means any range class can kitty or at least avoid a lot of damage from DK cause they have skills that can keep enemies away from them, which have cooldowns going from 10 to 17 secs. Against Threads 30 secs cooldown  :facepalm:

My suggestion is to at least lower DK Threads cooldown to 20 secs.

This way we can pull them closer after they use their skills to keep us away.

Ive repeatidly brought this question up on the forum - my suggestion is that every level of Threads of darkness reduces 2sec cooldown, so a lv5 thread has a 20sec cooldown (atleast). This way you gain something useful from leveling threads. 3% dmg and 1 additional second is kinda "meh" since it only affects 2-3hits before dmg buff is gone.

Other flaws in the skill making it very hard to use and sometimes wortless like - high ping and the fact that you can get stunned before preforming an action after using pull, should be considered also even if they are just side effects of game mechanics. They really lowers the use and effectiveness of the skill ALOT.

• 1 month later...

:diablo: i hate threads skill coll down too. why MC and forsaken have cooldown time after skill so long. BD to fast in hamstering. Goddamnit Devs should reset that threads of darkness skill cooldown time

:diablo: i hate threads skill coll down too. why MC and forsaken have cooldown time after skill so long. BD to fast in hamstering. Goddamnit Devs should reset that threads of darkness skill cooldown time

Threads cooldown time is the same as Blessing from rangers, but while rangers blessing can double your damage, Threads will only pull enemy closer...they really should lower it but they dont seen to care.

No dear, Death Knight's threads first pulls and holds the target enemy at melee range. And it also increases damage of the Death Knight for a short time period.

I also agree that the cool-down of this skill should be reduced to a minimum of 20 seconds.

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive repeatidly brought this question up on the forum - my suggestion is that every level of Threads of darkness reduces 2sec cooldown, so a lv5 thread has a 20sec cooldown (atleast). This way you gain something useful from leveling threads. 3% dmg and 1 additional second is kinda "meh" since it only affects 2-3hits before dmg buff is gone.

Other flaws in the skill making it very hard to use and sometimes wortless like - high ping and the fact that you can get stunned before preforming an action after using pull, should be considered also even if they are just side effects of game mechanics. They really lowers the use and effectiveness of the skill ALOT.

please fix this too, besides the cooldown time taking way too long (still  :facepalm: ).

this flaw really makes the skill useless:

- pull mage, he uses chains right after threads, u are throw far away from him (threads fail)

-  pull ranger, he uses scatter shot right after threads, u go for a walk and when u back, he can move again (threads fail)

- pull warlock, fear...pull shaman, blast... pull priest, he uses the skill that cant attack each other... necro, nightmares... all leads to threads fail.

so please FIX this, the skill can be used only TWICE every minute and it have high chances of fail against the enemies it was supposed to be the ONLY trump card of death knights.

there was some combo i used to use to prevent getting stuned right after using threads on my dk

i click agro on enemy then click threads before agro's execution,followed by exhale and thrones

when agro remove your enemy's focus on you his clicked stuns will be cencled,and your focus on him will be regained right after that when the server follow up to execute threads,by the time he use click again on u then click the stun skill he will be stunned by exhale if he didn't have fast hands,dunno if it still works though xD

• 3 weeks later...

It's a good advice, but in arena thats quite time consuming performing 3 skills and I doubt the more experienced range players fall for this.

^This and decrease cooldown, nothing else to say.

there was some combo i used to use to prevent getting stuned right after using threads on my dk

i click agro on enemy then click threads before agro's execution,followed by exhale and thrones

when agro remove your enemy's focus on you his clicked stuns will be cencled,and your focus on him will be regained right after that when the server follow up to execute threads,by the time he use click again on u then click the stun skill he will be stunned by exhale if he didn't have fast hands,dunno if it still works though xD

i agree with bloody words about this advice.

but they do have a way to make it work correctly and activate instantaneously after the enemy is pulled, all needed is a better programming logic.

give me 10 minutes with the code n i will make it work right :blush: