Resilence

Mayr

Question

So I was wondering about this recently, resilence description says reduces damage from enemy player and less chance to get a critical hit. So how much damage does resilence actually reduce? Please if you don't know don't write some rubbish. Devs i'l like your help please.

25 answers to this question

Exactly the same thoughts. If my Resilence is 20%, reduce it 20% of the Critrate? or reduce it 10% DMG & 10% Crit?  :shout:

It works just as it says it does

Note: Penetration doesn't affect Resilience. Defenses stack with Resilience.

Resi doesnt reduce damages from melee and rangers. Resil only reduces druid/shaman/necro/priest damages.

kill urself m8

I tested it while back an to me seems to be better than norm def, y I put relsi on my druids gears an just amped them also so id have resli an reg def, some say its not an well its what u wana believe if u wana test it go ahead, how I tested was with arena belt an lab belt with them being the same amp kept my def the same one just had more resli than the other, an for the crit chance idk how much it helps all ik is tht it does ;D

then I see no reason to spend 500k for lv18 items. Lv 17 set would get to to 20% resilence and maybe 25% normal depence. Also physicl defense is limited to physical attack while resilence is all round. But the drawback is resilence would not help in pvse.

Thanks guys I know what I Got to do :yahoo:

wait so is the case that 23% resilience and 20% defense so 43% reduced damage? :shok: 43% What elde do I need high attack good defense :wacko:

I think resilience is just as important as normal defense. It seems that resilience isn't just for melee critical attacks but for all critical attacks including moon, sun, and dark magic critical attacks. I could be wrong but when I use resilience runes I feel like I live longer when I am in arena fighting mage classes. Also, I was looking at the arena gears and every gear has resilience, even weapons. Thats says a lot about resilience.

I think resilience is just as important as normal defense. It seems that resilience isn't just for melee critical attacks but for all critical attacks including moon, sun, and dark magic critical attacks. I could be wrong but when I use resilience runes I feel like I live longer when I am in arena fighting mage classes. Also, I was looking at the arena gears and every gear has resilience, even weapons. Thats says a lot about resilience.

It reduces the damage,critical and critical hit damage from players

But kinda what is better, 20% resilience or "maybe" 15% Moon/Sun/Dark def against a Druid/Mage/Priest/Warlock?

Resilience is PURE defense* and it also reduces the Critical % of the enemy

while defense** only reduces the enemies damage and penetration lowers it ( 0.1-∞

% penetration reduces 0.1-∞ % defense )

And if you're gonna choose between 20% resilience and 15% defense on a certain school, 20% resilience is the choice

20% resilience reduces your enemies damage by 20%* while 15% defense reduces your enemies damage by 15%**.

* - NOT affected by penetration

** - affected by penetration

In short: Resilience > Defense

while defense** only reduces the enemies damage and penetration lowers it ( 0.1-∞ % penetration reduces 0.1-∞ % defense )

And if you're gonna choose between 20% resilience and 15% defense on a certain school, 20% resilience is the choice

20% resilience reduces your enemies damage by 20%* while 15% defense reduces your enemies damage by 15%**.

Thanks for the explaination  :give_rose:

while defense** only reduces the enemies damage and penetration lowers it ( 0.1-∞ % penetration reduces 0.1-∞ % defense )

Actually, dmg reduction of resilience is a bit less than pure resilience %. No idea of the exact formula, but 23% resilience reduces players dmg by18% circa.

So defence is better for pure dmg reduction, but doesnt have the other usefull features of resilience, crit reduction (that works as a simple subtraction, % crit of enemy player - % of your resi) and immunity to penetration.

Опубликованное фото

I suck at math and calculators so ♥♥♥♥ that and science too

I use estimation ♥♥♥♥♥

But still after what you said

I'd still go for resilience over defense, cause of the whole " reduces your enemies critical " part and the pure damage reduction from it

and why is the writings red ffs, not even gonna change it, ain't no one got time fo dat

I want staff :cray:

Too lazy to farm, don't wanna leave swamps to complete chainless, cannot spam tickets is there a way out? :blush:

No response from any moderators or developers yet :( you guys have answers but still as leo said about the % plz I want more clearity on that. Thanks.