Need a dk build. :)

Nykza

:lol: :lol: Hello all,i wish some expert dk or players that play dk for a long time could give me some recommendation on skill build and what to archive.

So please answer the following in "Details".

1)Should i be a tanker instead of a spear damager?I saw slay stat and it was very awesome :D i love speed in term of damage.

2)Skill build for a tank/damager(question 1)

3)As i said before,i'm favour in dual blade class but in general i love tanking my friends to prevent death or disaster on them so is the bg level 15 sword and shield worth to get?

4)Which arena set should i get on level 15?(atm level 3 stuck on a quest but will be solved soon).

P.S. i'm a free-to-play user,so i ma not had high defense or such a high damage like slay dk stat. :) But i'll work hard to try and get the best equip. ^^)

Edit:btw,just finish my free miracle points offer and atm got 500mc,so should i bough the novice dk set?:D if so how long can it last for?until i got my level 15 set?

1. It all depends on You. As i've read, you prefer to play dps, but also love tanking.

2. Not Playing DK yet, so can't help with this one.

3. Sure, sword and board for tanking, spears for damaging. Arena sets are very good choices for both PvP and PvE.

4. Level 15-16 have 4 choices - arena, chainless league, crimson, drop.

Edit - if You like the look of vanity, go for it, or you can buy beginner arena set.

Im not an expert but ive finally got lv15 and some nice gear on my dk and I freaking love it. Me and slay are strong believers of tank dks and thats my build too. Focus is on dmg ignoring stats dodge/parry/block where block has highest priority. Second I like to use parry in my sword for one reason - since range classes (not ranger) have low acc dodge works great, but against other melee dodge has lower chance so then extra parry will up your melee def. Always push youur def as high as you can for max benefit from dark shield. Right now my shield soaks 80 dmg down to 0 from mobs around legion camp. Also 1h isnt so freaking slow as spear.

im building (under construction)

threads 5

thorns 4

exhal 1

Dark shield 5

provoke 2

it will be hard to find good gear until lvl15 but at 15 you will get a massive power boost. I use a blend between lv13- and arena-gear + aa-jewelry. Up until lv13 or 15 id use 26 for arena and then switch to 1h all in at 13 or 15 depending on when you can get a good 1h blade.

arena tip - I see alot of dk using threads as the first move in a fight and sometimes thats the right choice, but I like to wait with threads for my second wave of attack. So when the mage class tries to run away from you and partner with low hp, drag him back and finnish him of with extra dmg from suppresion effect :)

arena tip 2 - I think barb compliments dk great as a partner. Rouge works good too, since tank dk can take trap but still survive

So death knight is tanker in mc faction and paladin is tanker in elf faction?

How about barb?berserker or hybrid damage/tank?

Sorry for hi-jacking but i'm really confused with your answer.

Ok,spear had the highest damage output for a death knight and why change to sns when you reach level 13/15?That's when you started to tank?

And about the thread of darkness how does it work actually?I arenaing with a dk today and i saw him drag 2players to him while they're quite far away from him and i was still walking to them,do you need to press it then click on the target you wanna drag or just press the skill and it will automatic drag enemy within the range to you?

Both barbs and dk can make good tanks, but I like to claim dk is alittle better, just cause dark shield is such a kick ass def skill.

Alot of ppl build dk for dps though, more then tanks. Dps dk has one great upside - massive burst dmg. They are slow and cant trigger dps with skills like ranger burst can (blessing), but with full crit in their burst sequense I think a high amp burst dk can 1 hit mage classes..

I wait until 13 or 15 to switch over to full tank, my main reason is that low lv gear doesnt have enough def stats or high enough stats to make up for lost dmg of 2h. 2-4% parry and 2% block is to low to make any diffrence, but at 13/15 you can get these up too 8-10% each which now has a good chance of ignoring dmg, also by at this point dodge can be around 20%. And remember to push def so that youre atleast 2k for dark shield skill to take some dmg off.

threads can only pull 1 target at a time and has a very long cooldown of 30sec. But its great to help you catch runners and the suppression effect increase dmg on target from you and partner(s).  Idk how someone pulled 2 targets unless that can happen if 2 players are overlapped standing in the same square. But its design to pull one target that you haft to click on.

Idk know much of burst dk, but you need to max dark magic and crit rate. I know someone tried full leather for max crit, but idk how it turned out. For this you need atleast 5thorn and 5exhal to get max dmg from your burst hit normal+exhal+thorn (all in 1 hit). Burst dks downside is that its very slow and has a hard time catching range classes with exhal having very low stun time even at lv5.

Tank

sword 1h&shield

Skills:

Thorn of Death *

Exhalation of Darkness *

Provocation *

Threads of Darkness *

Dark Shield *****

For tank the most important skill is a dark shield. Using this skill some opponents attacks are  reduced

Arena fighter

high amp 1h sword&shield or spear with dark magic

Thorn of Death *****

Exhalation of Darkness *****

Provocation *

Threads of Darkness *

Dark Shield *

When your death knight is only for arena and pvp good option would be  use 1handed sword&shield because dk's stun is very short but cooldown takes only 10sec. so with fast sword it can be deadly. Spear with dark magic doing high damage combo (about 1000-1800 in 3sec.)

DPS

sword 2h or spear+gear with attack speed

Skills:

Thorn of Death *****

Exhalation of Darkness *

Provocation *

Threads of Darkness *

Dark Shield *

Spear doing high damage but it's slot, 2h sword is faster than spear but doing smaller damage. Dk's aren't  good DPS so if u wanna be good DPS choose rogue or ranger :)

colour on skills: red- most important for proffesion blue- neutral for proffesion 

Sorry for my english

Well you could build a dk for 1h pve and spear in arena. Your main obsticle is exhal tho, cause spear dk must have exhal5 for max burst dmg, but for tank dk with none or low darkmagic this skill is a waste of points to max out. Other then that problem its do-able, cause spear dk doesnt suffer so bad from having dark shield 5.

But dk tank doesnt mean it cant go arena. Yesterday my arena tank won 7/10 with random partners which is good statistics considering im lv15. And I love playing dk, its the total opposite from my shaman and its nice to play 2 diffrent game styles.

dont underestimate the power of block/dodge/parry. I was 1 hit from defeating a lv17 rouge 1v1 with my dk today, but I got unlucky and missed killing blow 3 times and lost. Damn 6% acc :P

So even a tank is not require to max exhast?So what skill should i max first when i got my shield skill max?and isn't exhast the only stun skill for dk?o.O and range grabbing one..:P

I'm thinking of making a tanking dk but i'm afraid that i can't do much thing without a dps friends. :facepalm: especially in arena player like bd and rogue..once stun i die within a sec.

After maxing shield I would put 2-3points on thorns and then 1 or 2 on threads.

Dks exhals problem is that it stun time is very short and leveling doesnt seem to increase stun time only dark dmg add-on. Ive used exhal4 but I cant tell much diffrence in stun time between lv1 and lv4, they both stun around 2sec. Exhals upside is added dark magic dmg and short cooldown, but dk tanks have very low dark magic. Thats why I leave exhal1 and use it as a frequent stunner to try to throw target off rythm.

threads I like alot, it has a strangly long cooldown 30secs, but other then that its great. It doesnt stun but it has 'suppression effect' which makes target take enhanced dmg from all incoming hits.

Playing tank needs some luck with block/parry/dodge, cause it is all random. If you dont get any blocks or parries youre not going to win, but blocking that hamstring or merci strike is going to make the whole battle change. Just follow my tip and dont switch to arena tank until you can have your block/parry reach 8-10% each and dodge 18+%. Also dont forget about crit, keep it as high you can without losing def properties - mines 18%.

I had 1h arena sword (acute blade) its +6 and with crystal to sword (not a dull crystal)  :crazy:  And had +5 13lvl shield and its rly fast stunning and decent hitting but now when got spear both are good but not at tanking so far cause got def only 2k..  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I got basicly the same, but I only use common runes, cause I dont feel like spending that much mc for such a small improvement. Only problem with light buckler (lv13 shield) is that you cant enchant it with a cheap incomplete block rune since, rune is lv14.

So, I assume we all are talking about tank setup?

Why no one mentions maxing taunt? Isn't it like the most iimportant skill for tank?

Well my build is a arena tank, thats why provoke is only lv2. I know slay talked about this, but I cant remember if provoke aggro can be cycled at lv5 or not, but I think not.

I got basicly the same, but I only use common runes, cause I dont feel like spending that much mc for such a small improvement. Only problem with light buckler (lv13 shield) is that you cant enchant it with a cheap incomplete block rune since, rune is lv14.

i use almost alwais incomplete rune of def? I think at block isnt so useful in shield? The 15lvl ring what has the block in it i think its good? ;)

Well my build is a arena tank, thats why provoke is only lv2. I know slay talked about this, but I cant remember if provoke aggro can be cycled at lv5 or not, but I think not.

tanking at arena??

if your enemies arent  blind noobies, i think that they will attack your partner instead you :facepalm:

So, I assume we all are talking about tank setup?

Why no one mentions maxing taunt? Isn't it like the most iimportant skill for tank?

used to be one of the most usefull skills for hunting, now bosses seem to  ignore u most of the times if u taunt them even at lvl5.

but I cant remember if provoke aggro can be cycled at lv5 or not

at lvl5 it makes melee mobs hit u 4 times and changes target back to tank for 1 hit and can be reused again after that.  /// 4hit u 1 hit tank,, repeat

for ranged staff mobs they can hit u endlessly aslong as u keep using taunt. Not really sure about these times havent been near laby or any high lvl bosses in awhile my memory might be wrong. :tease: :tease: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

tanking at arena??

if your enemies arent  blind noobies, i think that they will attack your partner instead you :facepalm:

Beacuse barb and dk makes good arena tanks. Your weakness is healers 1v1, but ya I dont have any problem winning. Shields are the nemesis of rangers, not only can you block off that crasy dmg but you can intentionally walk on traps and tank ranger to let rouge advance and gouge. And both barb and dk got charge and threads which makes it hard to shake off that tank that keeps grinding your hp down. I love tank dk and its alot more agile then 2h, cause blades swing time is 2s. And as lvs and def rise so does dark shield soak.

Even if they target partner dk has great skills to interupt and even use threads to take melee opponents away from your mage partners. Its not about opponent being noobs its about tank being experienced. With my shaman id love to play with wws, solid tank barb.

Why block and not def rune? i prefer always def runes cause often the item haves the block etc... presents  :lol:

block has to be maxed, cause nothing can stop block it has a unchalanged % chance to ignore dmg and that has to be maxed. Def is great but not better then block. Def gives you 0.5%-1% phy dmg soak per hit and dark shield soak up. But block ignores 100% of one hit of any kind. And block can also stop disable skills like hamstring.

the normal Rune Of Defence is that way better because costs gives +30def than incomplete and costs less than sign  :lol:  but thats just my opinion about it and got both incompletes and normal runes on my armours atm  :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

My DK: Shokky LVL 15 HP 2.8K DEF 2.5K CRIT 23.1% DODGE 13% PENETRATION 6%  ACURACY 8% DAMAGE 245(I USE ONE H) RESILENCE 20.5%  ATK SPEED 8.4%  BLOCK 7.2%  AND I OWN ARENA :D

Hi friends  :drinks:

I'm a DK too , and yes I love it too.

I'm using lvl 18 divine defende set (I still need armor so i'm using BG helm for def bonus ,so my def is  4.6k) ...

Now  i'm collecting Heroic set too,still need haume and armor so...

Before make Heroic set personal can somone explain me when is better use divine set,and when is better  use heroic one?

Or better use HAUME + ARMOR HEROIC and PLATES + BOOTS DIVINE DEF like Legijonas does??

Ok,this quest is so noob,but i always played heal class ,so i need to clear the ideas about heroic and divine sets.

Thank you in advance for your answers  :give_rose:

That's my DK right now using Glaive  + div set and bg set :

27575_.png

27577_.png

27579_.png

Im not sure when you should use heroic, personally I think herioc is lame, unless you use half divine half heroic, cause that gives same bonus as full divine. 900 def bonus from divine/bg combo is great! But bg and divine has half crapy stats, except for hesume, love divine helm. But I gotta say 4.6k def on a spear dk is very impressive.

personally I use half divine and rest mix gear to push up block, parry and crit - but im shield dk so its diffrent.

sweet spear :)

Im not sure when you should use heroic, personally I think herioc is lame, unless you use half divine half heroic, cause that gives same bonus as full divine. 900 def bonus from divine/bg combo is great! But bg and divine has half crapy stats, except for hesume, love divine helm. But I gotta say 4.6k def on a spear dk is very impressive.

personally I use half divine and rest mix gear to push up block, parry and crit - but im shield dk so its diffrent.

sweet spear :)

Ty for yours answer!!

I have 4,6k if u mix lvl 18 divine set with bg set,if  i keep helm lvl 18 my def is  4.3k ...I'm waiting for div def armor for use  full 18 :D

Ty for yours answer!!

I have 4,6k if u mix lvl 18 divine set with bg set,if  i keep helm lvl 18 my def is  4.3k ...I'm waiting for div def armor for use  full 18 :D

My advice maximize your dodge & parry as high as you can

I love heroic set that make my dk regen 194 but its not so epic since i sacrifice important def stats

With noob gears I might slay more than one enemies but with heroic set its difficult

Wow slay 200 regen thats sick :) Im all in for stat focus, I dont care what lv items I have aslong as they have the stats im looking for. People usually freak out when they see im using lv13, arena 15, lab, arena 17 (working on it) and lv18. But I gotta tell you heroic and divine has some real noob stats too. Helmets are sweet, but the other 3 dont impress me much stat wise :P wow 200 regen its worth thinking about :o

Wow slay 200 regen thats sick :) Im all in for stat focus, I dont care what lv items I have aslong as they have the stats im looking for. People usually freak out when they see im using lv13, arena 15, lab, arena 17 (working on it) and lv18. But I gotta tell you heroic and divine has some real noob stats too. Helmets are sweet, but the other 3 dont impress me much stat wise :P wow 200 regen its worth thinking about :o

lol yea its so much fun with insane high regen, people just  :shok: seeing you stay regen in town before going to ravva...looks like a "mini shaman" ;D

developing stats is the key

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: :lol: Hello all,i wish some expert dk or players that play dk for a long time could give me some recommendation on skill build and what to archive.

So please answer the following in "Details".

1)Should i be a tanker instead of a spear damager?I saw slay stat and it was very awesome :D i love speed in term of damage.

2)Skill build for a tank/damager(question 1)

3)As i said before,i'm favour in dual blade class but in general i love tanking my friends to prevent death or disaster on them so is the bg level 15 sword and shield worth to get?

4)Which arena set should i get on level 15?(atm level 3 stuck on a quest but will be solved soon).

P.S. i'm a free-to-play user,so i ma not had high defense or such a high damage like slay dk stat. :) But i'll work hard to try and get the best equip. ^^)

Edit:btw,just finish my free miracle points offer and atm got 500mc,so should i bough the novice dk set?:D if so how long can it last for?until i got my level 15 set?

How you got 500 mc for free??? Please tell me o.o

Where is that offer? o.o

How you got 500 mc for free??? Please tell me o.o

Where is that offer? o.o

Tapjoy offers, available for Android users and ios users (ipad,iphone,ipod etc.) :)

Tapjoy offers, available for Android users and ios users (ipad,iphone,ipod etc.) :)

So fking unfair :((((

So guys with better phones(means richer ones) can get mc for free?

Well fk that ;(

Well not really, the free tapjoy offers usually give 3-21mc. For something to reward you hundreds of mc you usually haft to buy a product or charge money to an account with the specific company. Its good for small amount of free mc, but for bigger portions its only worth it if you actually need a product or service they are offering, otherwise rates for mc's are better at paypal.