Just a random question regarding one expert skill.

Fortuno

I usually avoid shamans because their healing totems make a single fight last for hours. But that's not why I'm posting this.

This one thing has been arousing my curiosity - it's the "lightning shield" expert skill. It deals damage to the enemies who hit shaman with an element of chance while the shield is active.

However I've noticed that having damage reflection above 0% in a fight against shaman is pretty much like having own knife stuck in the back.
Attribute reflects damage and shield behaves as if enemy actually attacked shaman. Which means shield can strike if player either deals or receives damage and it's kind of weird to me.

I'd like to know if this is some sort of "glitch/bug" or is this all natural?. Because if you ask me : Reflect is already a pretty useless attribute, but I never knew it could actually be harmful in it's own way. I'm curious to hear about your thoughts.

15 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Its not a bug since reflection reflects damage to shaman and shaman's shield reflects damage back to you

Well then, this makes reflection not only useless but dangerous too.

It is a bug imo. A sham shield shall work only with direct damage dealt, and not also with passive damage like the one made by Reflection Stat. If it was true, then a sham shield has the chance to trigger endlessly untill the enemy dies, since every time it deals damage, the sham receives a percentage back from Reflection, and that's considered as Direct Damage too.

17 hours ago, Jcbreff said:

Just imagine if both had 100% damage reflection, damage would never stop reflecting

I don't really think that single damage could be reflected multiple times.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jcbreff said:

Its not a bug since reflection reflects damage to shaman and shaman's shield reflects damage back to you

I think it could be a bug , because damage reflection was not working like a normal dmg before , event its color was different , now it looks exactly same as normal hits and behave like a normal hit. If it is not a bug then devs changed it for a purpose that we dont know.

• 1 month later...

Well dmg reflect eats up mage barrier and barb stone skin and also bd misused counter because of this dumb addition reflect status in game

Suppose u did nightmare pala with necro. And if his banner is active, then dmg reflect will undo ur nightmare.

So i suggest  better dont use reflect, against shamans bd pala. But use against barb mage:biggrin:

Edited by aks