Nerf mage, is a tank?

Is a mage a tank? or a murderer? because neither block nor dodge are better than avoiding one or two attacks for every 8% of damage received, recovering your hp with high damage and vamp and even having a talent in distortion that reactivates the ethereal barrier

not to mention the basic skill that reduces physical damage received and increases magical defense. not only do I believe it is being used as a tank, it actually is. pts are formed with mage being used as damage and tank

Mages are meant to be this brawler type magic char, and since alot of their skills require them to be in melee range, obviously they have to be kind of tanky. But I wouldn't go as far as call them a damager, their damage is still low compared to actual damage dealers.

On 25/02/2024 at 18:51, vavavi disse:

Os magos devem ser personagens mágicos do tipo lutador, e como muitas de suas habilidades exigem que eles estejam no alcance corpo a corpo, obviamente eles precisam ser meio tanky. Mas eu não iria tão longe a ponto de chamá-los de causadores de danos, pois seus danos ainda são baixos em comparação com os causadores de danos reais.

in towers they are one of the classes that cause the most damage. they are taking away the usefulness of tanks by tanking. this also affects pvp

1 hour ago, Steelblade said:

in towers they are one of the classes that cause the most damage. they are taking away the usefulness of tanks by tanking. this also affects pvp

Let's be real, any class with some form of damage can survive dungeons, this isn't just a thing mages do. Outside of like mythical temple tanks aren't needed only for surviving the mobs, but that's not the only thing tank classes do. Clearly you're not too familiar with them, or just not that good at using them.

Couple examples of these other ways tanks can be useful are things such as;

-Agroing mobs constantly to allow the partys damage dealers move forward more rapidly without having to kill everything

-Moving bosses around to more favourable positions(such as moving the boss in myth sea close to the mushrooms, or at orcinus where the tank who can hold agro basically decides if the boss dies or not)

-Stacking mobs together ahead of your team to allow for aoe classes to dispose of them more easily

-Literally just having the ability to hold agro, not only to keep your partys damages safe from the damage, but to also eat possible stuns and debuffs the boss might have to make sure your damagers can dps in peace

These are all things a mage can't do.

As for the pvp part, I'll say it once again, mages skills force them to be withing melee range, so some form of survivability is required to be able to do that.

I mean you could compare them to chiefs, thats also a high aoe damage class that is forced to be within melee range to fully take advantage of their aoe bleeds. If you took away all the survivability the class has what would you even have left.

Edited by vavavi

9 hours ago, vavavi said:

-Literally just having the ability to hold agro

Well, I would argue with this little part, it is extremely difficult to hold agro with a mage in party 😅

6 hours ago, benjaminbt said:

Well, I would argue with this little part, it is extremely difficult to hold agro with a mage in party 😅

If you can't hold agro from a class thats single target dmg is comparable to a priest then idk what to tell you

35 minutes ago, vavavi said:

If you can't hold agro from a class thats single target dmg is comparable to a priest then idk what to tell you

I said difficult, not 'can't'. Not the same, last I checked. Still, I don't see in which world mages have the same damage output as priests. But you do you.

23 hours ago, benjaminbt said:

I said difficult, not 'can't'. Not the same, last I checked. Still, I don't see in which world mages have the same damage output as priests. But you do you.

In PvE their single target damage isn't that much higher than priests. It's way way closer to that than any actual damage dealer