Change to boss raid drop system

100xp

Currently the bose raid drop system is a little unfair, because of this the factions organize an auction to sell the drop and divide the gold from the sale among the participants in the boss's death.

But this system has flaws, because malicious players can take advantage of this to make several players have their accounts banned

the solution would be to change the boss raid drop system

Suggestion:

All players participating in the raid boss death would have the same drop chance, with the boss drop limit set at 01

To have a chance to drop, players would have to meet the following requirements: 

01 Deal more than 1,000 damage to the boss

02 being in combat against the boss during the moment of his death

03 being alive during the boss's death

the player who would receive the possible serious drop selected at random

this system will only change the mechanics that allow only stronger players to get the drop

With this change, players would go on the boss hunt without requiring any organization on the part of the players, everyone would have the same chance of dropping and because of this condition the number of participating players would be much greater, the battles to fight for the bosses would be more frequent and finally the fun would be guaranteed.

Feel free to disagree with the suggestion but present the flaws in this system, only then can I understand your point of view.

I don't understand the part about malicious players getting people banned. How is a guild working together to secure a boss kill and then splitting the gold malicious in any way?

Also as for the suggestion, these bosses are supposed to be something you compete for. They are one of the main sources of mass pvp in most servers, encouraging guilds to work together to fight for the kills. Turning them into a world event kind of afk mess would kill a big part of pvp and competition within the game.

One less detrimental change would be a system where, for example 20 random members present of the guild/guilds(if mixed party) that get the kill, would receive a chest. Within this chest would be all the regular drops + a rare chance for the bosses costume, but not the dedicated book drop. This would still motivate people to fight for those kills, while also giving people outside the kill parties a reason to show up. Reason for the books not being in those chests is that some of those books are strong enough to instantly swing the balance between, for example, guilds competing for arena ranks, and should be something you have to compete properly for.

Edited by vavavi

17 horas atrás, vavavi disse:

I don't understand the part about malicious players getting people banned. How can a guild work together to ensure the death of a boss and then maliciously split the gold?

Still as for the suggestion, these bosses should be something you compete for. They are one of the main sources of mass pvp on most servers, encouraging guilds to work together to fight for kills. Turning them into some kind of world event mess would kill a lot of the pvp and competition within the game.

A less harmful change would be a system where, for example, 20 random members present from the guild/guilds (if it was mixed) who killed would receive a chest. Inside this chest would be all the regular drops + a rare chance for the boss costume, but not the dedicated book drop. This would still motivate people to fight for these deaths, while also giving people outside the death squads a reason to show up. The reason books aren't in these chests is that some of these books are strong enough to instantly tip the scales between, for example, guilds competing for arena ranks, and it should be something you should properly compete for.

you didn't quite understand my idea

First doubt

What if a malicious player buys the book with gold from selling miracle shop items and refunds them later?

explanation for the second question

with the new system I suggested that PvP will not decrease!! will increase!! Any player will have the chance to get the loot and this will increase the number of players with guilds and without guilds, strong and weak

I'm waiting for a valid question.

Edited by 100xp

5 hours ago, 100xp said:

you didn't quite understand my idea

First doubt

What if a malicious player buys the book with gold from selling miracle shop items and refunds them later?

explanation for the second question

with the new system I suggested that PvP will not decrease!! will increase!! Any player will have the chance to get the loot and this will increase the number of players with guilds and without guilds, strong and weak

I'm waiting for a valid question.

If we follow that logic, selling anything ever to anyone would risk you being banned lol.

Also no, it won´t. there wouldn´t be any reason to compete, you could just make chars on the side thats winning, park them at those raids and farm it for completely free. Making them afk events like nocturna or rottung. I don´t understand this logic to be honest. I mean, you are playing a pvp based game, where there exists 2 sides and guilds that compete with each other, but you want everything to be given free without actually partaking in any of that competition. Honestly, it´s silly. These bosses are supposed to be end game content that you fight for, not a horror map world event where you go and afk and get your rewards for free.

Edited by vavavi

Yea a chance to get the raid boss reward by just being there and dealing 1000 damage is not gonna happen. The most I can see happening is a guild-based rewarding system.

I agree that raid bosses rewarding only 5 people is extremely flawed. 5 people are rewarded because they dealt the most damage, well what about the healers and tanks? What about PvP players that protect the raid against enemies? So yea, I guess a less flawed, still not a perfect system, would be a chest for guild members in the area. But also, I think the books should be part of it, why not? The drop rate can be kept the same - who gets the drop is just not limited to the kill party. Or the drop chance can be reduced for every participating member to maintain the current rates.

Edited by Gladiator

On 1/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, vavavi said:

If we follow this logic, selling anything to anyone would run the risk of you being banned haha.

No, it won't either. there would be no reason to compete, you could just create characters on the winning side, park them in these attacks and farm them for free. Causing them to run away from events such as nightlife or rottung. I don't understand this logic to be honest. I mean you are playing a pvp based game where there are 2 sides and guilds that compete against each other but you want everything to be given for free without actually participating in any of these competitions. Honestly, it's nonsense. These bosses should be end game content that you fight for, not a horror map world event where you go and get your rewards for free.

If you like to exclude players who don't belong to a guild then you're right, I've seen that you must be an auction organizer and that's why you're saying this since so far you haven't presented a single flaw in my suggestion

On 1/12/2024 at 3:13 AM, Gladiator said:

Yes, a chance to get the raid boss reward just by being there and dealing 1000 damage is not going to happen. The most I see happening is a guild-based reward system.

I agree that raid bosses only rewarding 5 people is extremely flawed. 5 people are rewarded because they did the most damage, well what about healers and tanks? What about PvP players who shield attack against enemies? So yes, I think a less flawed system, still not perfect, would be a boon for guild members in the area. But I also think books should be part of this, why not? The drop rate can be kept the same - whoever receives the drop is not limited to the kill group. Or the drop chance may be reduced for each participating member to maintain current rates.

This is exactly what makes the system flawed, the fact that everyone is there and only the group with the most damage caused wins the loot, and the auction system does not solve the problem since any group that causes the most damage can get the loot without punishment. and the blame will fall on those who organize the auction as they have the obligation to guarantee the loot

4 hours ago, 100xp said:

If you like to exclude players who don't belong to a guild then you're right, I've seen that you must be an auction organizer and that's why you're saying this since so far you haven't presented a single flaw in my suggestion

I presented multiple flaws, you just choose to dismiss them instead of addressing them, making it pretty clear you're not open to discuss it anyway.

At the very least it should be limited to the guild that gets the kill. Not every person needs to get a participation trophy everywhere.

1 hour ago, vavavi said:

I brought up several flaws, you simply chose to dismiss them rather than address them, making it very clear that you are not open to discussing the matter in any way.

At the very least, it should be limited to the guild that kills. Not every person needs to receive a participation trophy everywhere

The player must be alive at the time of the boss's death

The player must have dealt at least 1000 damage to the boss

The Player must be in combat with the boss during the boss's death

Apparently you don't even want to read or understand my idea since the "Flaws" you mentioned are fully resolved with the 3 conditions to have the chance to receive the withdrawal, I'm open to bad discussions but I don't intend to repeat something that has already been explained on topic

The player will receive loot based on luck, as it should be.

There will be pvp

There will be more players

There will be more fun

and no guild will monopolize the Boss 

and you said that any purchase made within the game is considered a risk, right? But the boss's gold is divided between several players, which makes the risk even greater.

9 hours ago, 100xp said:

The player must be alive at the time of the boss's death

The player must have dealt at least 1000 damage to the boss

The Player must be in combat with the boss during the boss's death

Apparently you don't even want to read or understand my idea since the "Flaws" you mentioned are fully resolved with the 3 conditions to have the chance to receive the withdrawal, I'm open to bad discussions but I don't intend to repeat something that has already been explained on topic

The player will receive loot based on luck, as it should be.

There will be pvp

There will be more players

There will be more fun

and no guild will monopolize the Boss 

and you said that any purchase made within the game is considered a risk, right? But the boss's gold is divided between several players, which makes the risk even greater.

Honestly I don't even know where to start. It just sounds like you chose a competitive mmo and now want to make it a cookie clicker that you play fully afk.

Also no I didn't say every purchase is a risk. That was an example to point out a flaw in your logic regarding that on your original post.

And your conditions resolve nothing lol. You could just smack down bunch of lvl 20s to the bosses area and smack it for 1k, reaping the rewards for 0 effort.

If not raid bosses, then what is supposed to be something that guilds can compete for? In most gvgs it already barely makes a difference what rank you get. It would remove one of the very few things people can actually fight and work towards, and turn it into an idle activity.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:35 AM, vavavi said:

I honestly don't even know where to start. It looks like you picked a competitive mmo and now you want to make it a cookie clicker to play totally out of control.

Also, no, I didn't say every purchase is a risk. This was an example to point out a flaw in your logic in relation to your original post.

And your conditions don't solve anything haha. You could just drop a bunch of level 20s in the boss area and whack them for 1k, reaping the rewards for 0 effort.

If not raid bosses, then what should be something guilds can compete for? In most gvgs it makes almost no difference what rank you get. It would eliminate one of the few things people can actually fight and work for, and turn it into an idle activity.

Ok friend, tell me how do you farm if you make an effort when you can't die and have to be in constant combat against the boss? Can you understand or are you just pretending not to understand?

Will changing this mechanic be that impactful? Or do you just not want to miss out on making a profit at the auction? which by the way is not even part of the game 

because you are exaggerating a lot in your words, because as I said myself about 5 times, the boss hunt will become much more competitive if you increase the number of people who can have the chance to drop, and you are saying that it will be the opposite ? but based on what arguments? 

On 1/13/2024 at 12:35 AM, vavavi said:

I honestly don't even know where to start. It looks like you picked a competitive mmo and now you want to make it a cookie clicker to play totally out of control.

Also, no, I didn't say every purchase is a risk. This was an example to point out a flaw in your logic in relation to your original post.

And your conditions don't solve anything haha. You could just drop a bunch of level 20s in the boss area and whack them for 1k, reaping the rewards for 0 effort.

If not raid bosses, then what should be something guilds can compete for? In most gvgs it makes almost no difference what rank you get. It would eliminate one of the few things people can actually fight and work for, and turn it into an idle activity.

with the new mechanics the player will have to be in constant combat against the boss to have the chance to receive the loot, do you know why you were the only person who was totally against the change? because you are an auction organizer, the one who receives most of the money but you are trying harder to organize everything, but you forgot something, right? Nobody forces you to organize anything! Do you do this because you want to and it doesn't give you the advantage of receiving more than others, do you want to profit from other people's luck? I know you'll fake it?

1 hour ago, 100xp said:

Ok friend, tell me how do you farm if you make an effort when you can't die and have to be in constant combat against the boss? Can you understand or are you just pretending not to understand?

Will changing this mechanic be that impactful? Or do you just not want to miss out on making a profit at the auction? which by the way is not even part of the game 

because you are exaggerating a lot in your words, because as I said myself about 5 times, the boss hunt will become much more competitive if you increase the number of people who can have the chance to drop, and you are saying that it will be the opposite ? but based on what arguments? 

You are heavily overestimating how much effort it takes to stay alive and do a little bit of damage to the boss. A level 14 could do that in most bosses, a level 20 could do it in all of them, except maybe sand raid, because thats difficult to get to.

I don´t know what these auctions are you talk about, maybe it´s something people do in your server, but yes I am in a guild that fights for these bosses. Those fights are some of the most fun content this game has to offer. Also no, I don´t gain anything from drops from those bosses, unless I get lucky and drop myself.

How would the bosses become any more competitive with this system? It´s just going to be the more populated side always winning those kills and bringing alts to farm those chests. Even the losing, less populated side, could easily just bring some random alts there and not even bother fighting for the kill, because they could get the exact same reward with 0 effort. I don´t understand how thats such a hard concept to grasp. These kind of pity, participation trophy systems will always get abused. And honestly I dont think every single piece of content should be neutered into something with 0 effort or competition involved. Theres already plenty of rewarding things that cater to the weaker players, like guild events/world events/almost all dungeons.

On 13/01/2024 at 09:00, I said:

You are overestimating how much effort it takes to stay alive and do some damage to the boss. A level 14 could do this on most bosses, a level 20 could do this on all of them except maybe the sand attack because it's hard to get.

I don't know what these auctions you talk about are, maybe it's something people do on your server, but yes I'm in a guild that fights for these bosses. These fights are some of the most fun content this game has to offer. Also, no, I don't gain anything from drops from these bosses unless I get lucky and abandon me.

How would employers become more competitive with this system? It will just be the most populated side, always winning those deaths and bringing alts to farm those chests. Even the less populated, losing side could easily bring some random alts there and not even bother fighting to kill because they could get the exact same reward for 0 effort. I don't understand how this concept is so difficult to understand. These kind of penalty, participation trophy systems will always be abused. And honestly, I don't think every piece of content should be neutered into something with no effort or competition involved. There are already a lot of rewarding things that cater to weaker players, like guild events/world events/almost every dungeon.

So is this what could happen? Do you think all players can bring alts?

What about combat against players during the boss raid?

Do you really think there will be any alts left in the area?

What if there's leftovers?

How will this affect your life?

Is having the same chance of drops as other players really that harmful? 

You are exaggerating your concern my friend until it seems like you are gaining something with the current system.