Doesn't even compare to dk

paladin is very disadvantaged. compared to dk that has high damage for a tank, the healing skills don't even compare, not to mention that dk has a very high vamp and a lot of stun, with a two-handed weapon or one. I ask aigrind to start balancing, because paladin doesn't tank half as much as dk tanks with dark shield and blood protection, excellent in pvp. DK has full stun with 0% cd whether two handed or one handed, barbarian with one handed weapon is full stun. I agree that paladin with magic two-handed weapon should not be full stun, but the physical could be to match and differentiate from dk and brb. barbarian has high damage, tanka a lot with passive, as well as dk that the skill is active for a long time. a stuned paladin is a dead paladin. give more stuns and more block to the pala, combined with damage, so maybe it becomes a class a little more played. 

paladin also needs a change in the call for physical or magical damage, as well as its way of using select target, not area, because against a witcher there is no chance.

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal coloured letters + Removed the Off-Topic

• Steelblade changed the title to Doesn't even compare to dk
7 hours ago, Ironlegend said:

paladin is very disadvantaged. compared to dk that has high damage for a tank, the healing skills don't even compare, not to mention that dk has a very high vamp and a lot of stun, with a two-handed weapon or one

DK is very disadvantaged compared to BD, who can tank anything and still deal the double of a DK's damage. And you know what? Fair enough, since these are 2 completely different classes, as well as DK and Paladin. The fact that they share a similar statistic it doesn't mean that they use said statistic in the same way. We have got a lot of Vampirism, yes, which becomes practically ineffective unless you've got a several millions-worth book or you're in a scenario where DKs are not on the first line. Unlike Paladins, which can defend themselves pretty well (because for some reason a shield which negates an average of 7-8k hps, self castable, was a good idea to implement), DKs will die in no time if people aim it first.

DK has full stun with 0% cd whether two handed or one hande

Incorrect. In order to land a good stun cycle you'd need an average of 20% CD. Stun Cycling with a 2h wepaon is as useful as building a magic dmg DK with 1h Mace and Shield: ineffective and just as annoying as a mosquito would be.

a stuned paladin is a dead paladin.

So is a Stunned DK. 

Besides, it's the 3rd topic of yours I edit so that it becomes legible for those who use the dark theme'd forum. Please, refrain from changing size and colour of your text whenever you write your topics, please

paladin gets full stun with 20% cd where? and paladin tank where else? if dk even stunned keeps nullifying 430 dmg the whole time if it's a dk +10

Edited by Ironlegend

48 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

paladin gets full stun with 20% cd where? and paladin tank where else? if dk even stunned keeps nullifying 430 dmg the whole time if it's a dk +10

Paladin healing is insane to the point I see more paladins than Warden. 

Paladin is best as a support tank as their healing saves another party slot. 

Their shield is superior than any other class and their damage is excellent when compared to damage dk and damage barbarian. 

Cool down is easily obtained via accessories which can be fairly expensive. 

But you cannot even compare DK to Paladin due to the difference in the classes. 

Deathknight is a damage tank. [Originally] 

Paladin is a support tank. 

Paladins lack of damage when compared to Deathknight is intentional. 

Why deal damage when you can outlast your opponent? Excellent shield, excellent buffing ability, awesome healing. 

4 minutes ago, Drakoslayd disse:

A cura do paladino é insana a ponto de ver mais paladinos do que Warden. 

O paladino é melhor como um tanque de suporte, pois sua cura economiza outro slot de grupo. 

Seu escudo é superior a qualquer outra classe e seu dano é excelente quando comparado ao dano dk e dano bárbaro. 

O resfriamento é facilmente obtido por meio de acessórios que podem ser bastante caros. 

Mas você não pode nem comparar DK com Paladin devido à diferença nas classes. 

Deathknight é um tanque de dano. [Originalmente] 

Paladino é um tanque de apoio. 

A falta de dano do paladino quando comparado ao Deathknight é intencional. 

Por que causar dano quando você pode durar mais que seu oponente? Excelente escudo, excelente capacidade de polimento, cura incrível. 

focus is imbalance in pvp

5 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

focus is imbalance in pvp

I and another Deathknight got wrecked by a single paladin so there is no imbalance. 

1 hour ago, Ironlegend said:

of the same level and amp, impossible. Because the paladin would never leave the stun combo

There is a thing called resistance and it's kinda necessary 

5 hours ago, Ironlegend said:

if dk even stunned keeps nullifying 430 dmg the whole time if it's a dk +10

Tell me which class isn't strong being +10

4 hours ago, Drakoslayd said:

Deathknight is a damage tank. [Originally] 

Then for some reason AIGRIND decided to make it support which a total of 0 people asked for :dumb1:

3 hours ago, Ironlegend said:

of the same level and amp, impossible. Because the paladin would never leave the stun combo

Paladins and DKs have 2 stun skills and 1 silence skill, all of them with similar durations and cooldowns, except Paladins have an AoE Stun, while DK doesn't

Edited by Khrone

8 hours ago, Khrone said:

Then for some reason AIGRIND decided to make it support which a total of 0 people asked for :dumb1:

Paladins and DKs have 2 stun skills and 1 silence skill, all of them with similar durations and cooldowns, except Paladins have an AoE Stun, while DK doesn't

I agree. 

That AOE stun is bonkers in comparison to anything else I know of aside from Druids roots

Dk has no stun on aoe? 7 second area sioence, the biggest area stun in the game is what? this in gvg because in pvp, paladin doesn't even compare to dk, dk gets an infinite combo without worrying for hours, he doesn't even have to use all his stuns to the fullest. paladin even if you put your stuns to the maximum, you can't get full stun because of the cooldown. What's better, dark shield type ability that avoids damage even if stunned or the paladin's ridiculous basic 100% magic damage heal? better to avoid 10 hits that would be 1000, for 600 (nulling 4k damage) stunned or not or do a ridiculous 1000 heal? if not stunadk I'm comparing beyond the pvp stuns, the two basic skills. obviously dk is way ahead of the paladin and the other tanks in the game at all points, but what doesn't have a 1vs1 capability, even using a shield, is the paladin. I'm not asking to nerf dk but buff paladin, because dk and brb are far better in 1v1

11 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

Dk has no stun on aoe? 7 second area sioence, the biggest area stun in the game is what? this in gvg because in pvp, paladin doesn't even compare to dk, dk gets an infinite combo without worrying for hours, he doesn't even have to use all his stuns to the fullest. paladin even if you put your stuns to the maximum, you can't get full stun because of the cooldown. What's better, dark shield type ability that avoids damage even if stunned or the paladin's ridiculous basic 100% magic damage heal? better to avoid 10 hits that would be 1000, for 600 (nulling 4k damage) stunned or not or do a ridiculous 1000 heal? if not stunadk I'm comparing beyond the pvp stuns, the two basic skills. obviously dk is way ahead of the paladin and the other tanks in the game at all points, but what doesn't have a 1vs1 capability, even using a shield, is the paladin. I'm not asking to nerf dk but buff paladin, because dk and brb are far better in 1v1

Dark Shield is only a damage reduction. Not essentially a health boost like Paladins. 

Deathknight can be stunned into oblivion aswell. 

I and my guild mate Lodbrook both got completely destroyed by a Paladin. 

Both of us are Deathknights and all the paladin did was stun, silence, and healed himself as we couldn't do anything to stop him due to his high resistance. 

25 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

Dk has no stun on aoe? 7 second area sioence

I said specifically stun, not control

No, DK doesn't have AoE Stun like Paladin, but he does have AoE control with Blow of Silence, that's two different things

Also, Feathers of Justice has 1 second less duration than Blow of Silence, but it also roots enemies to the ground

Besides that, even though both affect 6 enemies, you can also use relics on Feathers to affect 3 more, unlike Blow of Silence

And honestly, restricted movement and silence at the same time is almost a stun :yum1:

25 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

do a ridiculous 1000 heal

image.png Repellent Strike: If the enemy is under the "Sun Seal" effect, then the character additionally restores 15% of maximum health to himself. 

Note: i had to manually insert the combo because the guide didn't include it.

image.png Sharp Shadow: If the character is under the effect of the "Saturation" skill, 20% of their maximum health is also restored.

It's not that different. 

Edited by Khrone

16 minutes ago, Ironlegend said:

because dk and brb are far better in 1v1

Now you've got the point. While they are good in 1v1 situations, especially the Barbarian, the Paladin is better in mass PvP

8 horas atrás, Khrone disse:

I said specifically stun, not control

No, DK doesn't have AoE Stun like Paladin, but he does have AoE control with Blow of Silence, that's two different things

Also, Feathers of Justice has 1 second less duration than Blow of Silence, but it also roots enemies to the ground

Besides that, even though both affect 6 enemies, you can also use relics on Feathers to affect 3 more, unlike Blow of Silence

And honestly, restricted movement and silence at the same time is almost a stun :yum1:

image.png Repellent Strike: If the enemy is under the "Sun Seal" effect, then the character additionally restores 15% of maximum health to himself. 

Note: i had to manually insert the combo because the guide didn't include it.

image.png Sharp Shadow: If the character is under the effect of the "Saturation" skill, 20% of their maximum health is also restored.

It's not that different. 

well said, the paladin in 1v1 gameplay is more difficult, as it needs to use two skills. well as i said, in 1v1 when stuned the dk still has reserves and dark shield. stunned paladin is a dead paladin

I expect a rebalance, from a full stun paladin like dk, or full stun/resist like barbarian and warden

8 horas atrás, Khrone disse:

Now you've got the point. While they are good in 1v1 situations, especially the Barbarian, the Paladin is better in mass PvP

well as i said, in 1v1 when stuned the dk still has reserves and dark shield. stunned paladin is a dead paladin

Have you ever considered to add the resistence parameter in your build? I mean, just resist one stun and you'll see a DK going nuts in 1vs1. You are considering Dark Shield as the best skill existing out there; buddy, it lasts nothing, and it's definitely not reliable if you plan to stay still and not moving at all for a very long time. Another little point is that Reserves has got a quite long CD (yes, 90s in a battle is a lot) and it does not reset as every other skill in the game. Paladin, on the other hand, has to use one skill to decently heal itself, and with some resistence in the build that happens very often.

I expect a rebalance, from a full stun paladin like dk, or full stun/resist like barbarian and warden

You shall wait for a long time then, if you categorically refuse to just add some helpful statistics to your build for who knows what reason. 

when stuned the dk still has reserves and dark shield. stunned paladin is a dead paladin

Using this logic, when stunned the Paladin still has Inner Forces and Sacred Shield

I expect a rebalance, from a full stun paladin like dk

Even more stun? :facepalm11: 

5 hours ago, Higgings said:

You are considering Dark Shield as the best skill

When it's only useful for tanking groups of mobs 

9 horas atrás, Khrone disse:

Using this logic, when stunned the Paladin still has Inner Forces and Sacred Shield

Even more stun? :facepalm11: 

When it's only useful for tanking groups of mobs 

More stun? Paladin not complete stun combo infinity like dk

On 6/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, Ironlegend said:

More stun? Paladin not complete stun combo infinity like dk

DK can't heal itself on touch as Paladin does, nor can it protect itself from harm by a tremendous ammount of hit points. What's your point? These are 2 different classes. 

• 4 weeks later...

im agree with ur point. paladin are weak in pvp now.

Damage reduction are the most important now, If you are a skilled arena player, you will understand this truth.

Lets compare dk with pala.

Dk with new talent, giving 56% damage reduction to parter and 28% to himself. Paladins,  get only 22% damage reduction at 40% of their maximum health when they are dying. 

Some ppl saying pala is support tank give heal and shield. This is ridiculous, the shield is broken in an instant, but the damage reduction working all the time!

I'm so disappointed in the paladin now, he's so useless in high-end arena duels.

Let me sum up the paladins of today.

Very mediocre in every way, I really don't recommend people to use this character.