(R)Evolution of War and alliance costume merchant

Drakoslayd

Battle for Territories is one of the coolest things about this game but unfortunately it isn't that fun because of the lack of strategy and the Sentinels always steam rolls everyone except in 2 RU servers. 

I suggest adding in additional (and completely optional) objectives to spice up the war

Objectives + short description: 

Raiding- a group of warriors must go behind enemy lines and kill enemy npcs who are outside the camps and prevent them from bringing back their rations

Trebuchet- players must take down the enemies Trebuchets! [Trebuchet deals damage to friendly players inside the camps and are considered "buildings" just like flags]

Partisan- groups of players must attack enemy supply caravans to pull enemy warriors away from the front 

Buildings found inside T1 on Irselnort-

Barricades- simple wooden constructs used to block players from passing until destroyed

Fire/Holy totems- fire totems are found on Armor Cliff and are used to attack multiple targets and Holy totems are used the same way but used by Sentinels, both can be destroyed

Each objective done successfully provides great rewards ranging from crimson cordium to chests with great faction themed costumes alongside the current buffs!

Alliance costume merchant sells costumes themed around the alliances

These costumes are themed with this example using the Deathknight class- 

Forsaken footsoldier 

Forsaken Heavy Infantry

Forsaken Sergeant 

Forsaken DeathSquire

Forsaken Deathknight 

Forsaken General

Each costume costs gold unlike other costumes that are not sold by players but they can be quite expensive at the higher ranking costumes but they are themed around each of the 4 races of Arinar 

I do wish I could do pixel art to make examples of costumes but I'm sure someone could!

Classless Novice Skills [Level 12 and sold at Irselnort t1]

[Gladiators Net] Deals no damage but prevents target from moving, using skills, or attacking

[Throwing Axes] deals 30% physical damage with 50% armor penetration 

[Throwing hammers] deals 50% physical and 50% magic damage without armor penetration with a 15% chance to stun

[Javelin] deals 40% physical damage and decreases enemy block chance by 20% 

Edited by Drakoknight
Adding onto my suggestion.

Flag war is an event that takes place in map 2, so it is the first content that players who are new to the game encounter. However, if you look at the recent flag war, especially in sapphire (sorry, I only play on sapphire), win or lose is pre-determined, so many people give up before they even start. This is because the smaller population compared to the elf side, we have to force people to log, and it's hard to get people from different time zones to focus for an hour for a war where victory is uncertain. In the end, people in the sapphire mc side, who are new to playing, become disappointed with the content they encounter for the first time and leaves the game. Therefore, a transition to a new, population-agnostic or less-population-agnostic approach would be a good idea. Of course, flag war is the same old warspear tradition, but times have changed, so why not change it up a bit?

2 hours ago, Laevateinn said:

Flag war is an event that takes place in map 2, so it is the first content that players who are new to the game encounter. However, if you look at the recent flag war, especially in sapphire (sorry, I only play on sapphire), win or lose is pre-determined, so many people give up before they even start. This is because the smaller population compared to the elf side, we have to force people to log, and it's hard to get people from different time zones to focus for an hour for a war where victory is uncertain. In the end, people in the sapphire mc side, who are new to playing, become disappointed with the content they encounter for the first time and leaves the game. Therefore, a transition to a new, population-agnostic or less-population-agnostic approach would be a good idea. Of course, flag war is the same old warspear tradition, but times have changed, so why not change it up a bit?

This is the entire reason I made this suggestion.  

Current war is outdated plus its one sided. Even though I would absolutely love to see a evenly matched war I doubt anyone would see it any time soon. 

This suggestion is just my thoughts with my knowledge of medieval warfare mixed in. I'm sure people would love to see it in the game but it's highly doubtful it would even be seen by the devs 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I want more suggestions to help this become better! 

I my current suggestions are passive defensive buffs involving multiple tanks in close proximity called Shield Wall if less than 5 warrior classes close together and Phalanx if more than 5 are close together 

I also am thinking about "classless novice" skills for players around level 12 that is mainly ranged with these examples: 

[Gladiators Net] Deals no damage but prevents target from moving, using skills, or attacking

[Throwing Axes] deals 30% physical damage with 50% armor penetration 

[Throwing hammers] deals 50% physical and 50% magic damage without armor penetration with a 15% chance to stun

[Javelin] deals 40% physical damage and decreases enemy block chance by 20% 

6 hours ago, Avamanyar said:

Yes, elfs will lose again today

So? Mc looses most of the time so it's great we win some :barbarian: