To become a slave

As if we were carried to hell in the belly of the beast all I could feel was the slow movement from right to left and the heavy cold sound of waves pounding on the dark unwelcoming wood that bore trace of unspeakable conditions. What little option to nourishment we were given from the guards on lower deck, was so vile and putrid not even the starving infestation of rats constantly glaring at us from the darkest corners would touch the content of the cracked wooden cups.

As mintues turned to hours the repative motion of the ship and the never failing pound of the dark water from the outside brought my already tortoured mind to a halt. With absolutetly nothing to use as a holding point in this vast darkness, where it seemed like the only thing that would break the time loop my mind had crated to protect itself from my own insanity would be the occasional guard. Plunging his filthy and bloodstained speartip through one of us to relieve himself of what I can only assume to be boredom. With the cringes and moans of my commrades the room would start to fill with the fresh and iron filled scent of blood as the never ending stream of red sticky liquid would go from growing stains on their rags to ever growing pools of blood on the floor finding all cracks and concealments in its conquest for dominion over the crude uninhabitable floor boards.

I woke up with a flinch and pushed myself against the cold wood, a warm sticky sensation drowns my frozen hand. As my eyes again start to adapt to the ever darkness, a sliver of moonlight hits the tip of my fingers and I see the thick almost black red reflection of blood. I turn my frozen body and let my stumbling hand find its way to whomever sat to my right. My hand finally finds a piece of rugged cloth and I pull it close to me. He falls down in my lap as Im pulling and again the warm sensation of blood runs over my skin. I stroke his hair and begin to pray for his ever living spirit in the name of Naudu. Slowly he turns his head, face up against mine and as his eyes drowned in torment close for the last time, a tear clouded by blood rolls down his cheek.

For a moment i lose myself in the comfort of my prayers, when I with a shock realize that the boats trudging motion across the sea has come to a halt. For a second I listen trying to make sure my weak mind isnt playing tricks on me. But as seconds pass by I cant hear any pounding behind my back. I come to the scary realisation that we  must be at our destination. Unsure if dying on the way would of been a sign of mercy, I have passed through the purgatory and now eneded up in Hell.

With a loud crash the barred door fly open and rattles on its hinges as it hit the wooden wall behind it. The boards start to crack and crumble as an orchestra of breaking bones as four heavily armoured deathknights of the Moraktar Legion enters the room. As I stare down one of the Legioneers vast bottomless pits where its eyes should´ve been, it turns towards me and raises its hand in my direction. Tortures snapping noises cry under the weight of its heavy armor, and I wonder what sort of unholy abomination could make these disfigured bones defy the circle of life. One of the Legioneers walks over to me and tears the body of my dead comrade out of my hands and starts dragging out the dead bodies out of the room while two others push me and the remaining male surviver out through the door. Vermin and bone slaves retreat quick in to the darkness as the floor boards with every cry under us tells the story of whom is coming down the ships maze-like hallways. We get up onto the ships bridge and I look out over what has been countless elves and humans last view - Plauge Harbor.

As we are leaving the ship making our way onto solid ground I can see to my left the Legioner dragging out the corpses are now dumping the remains over the dock into the water. I look down the murky water in the harbor, it looks thick and discolored in a redish brown shade and to add to this cruel soup I can see bodies and remians from both man and beasts floating around covered in vermin tearing the flesh down to the bones and pumping the carcasses full of eggs to prosper a new generation of famine.

We pass crypt-like houses, empty rat nests behind barells filled with green sludge, petrified gargoyle faces with streched out wings as the Legioneers cross over the harbor area with us. We are forced to walk up to a guard next to one of the slave pens, the guard exchange some words with the Legioneers in a language not even a druid scholar could decipher. I look at the guards purple stained platemail armor and I know we are about to become the property of the House of Blood.

We have all heard the horror stories of Nakhty of the House of Blood and I guess for me, theres no hope for me anymore. All I can do is sit here confined in Hell and wait with my cellmate for time to make me Nahktys next test subject.

Ugh it was hard to stay under 4000 chars (ended up on 3998) and with a second job right now and a few vacation days with the kids i barely found time to sit down and write. I got kinda rushed and i think it kinda shows, well it didnt help i had to shorten it to be under the 4000 char limit, but i hope you guys like it :)

Story inspired and losely based on the 'slave test' quests.

http://charactercount.org/

._. I`m not gonna think the same again about those elven and human slaves again, I`ll actually have mercy for them.

Great story Bloody and if I say so myself.. a bit to detailed(But I f`ing love it!)

:shok: if u dnt get first prize i will never play ws again....very neat and organized work,transitions and story setting done marvelously well :shok: 10k mc is surely urs ;D

thanks so much for all the awesome reviews guys and gals  :yahoo:

The more i read it, the happier i seem to get with how it turned out. I feel like i got a good part of myself in there, aswell as alot of ingame details that connects back to the game in a nice way.

Thanks again for your time  :good:

• 2 years later...