Guide: Making a guide

Ninja Owl

So you decided to make a guide for Warspear Online but have no idea what to include in it? This guide helps you to create a perfect guide and provides some tips for planning it.

Table of Contents:

1. Choosing a subject

2. Planning your guide

3. Writing your guide

4. Finishing touches

5. Tips

1. Subject

When picking a subject for your guide, keep in mind that a guide is supposed to give guidance to inexperienced players. Try to come up with an idea for a subject that would actually be helpful to someone. Many things are already explained in the game so you do not have to repeat all that in your guide.

2. Planning your guide

Make a plan of your guide before you start to write anything. Think of how it would be as easy as possible for the reader to access it or even certain parts of it. Making a table of contents or such is a really good idea for this helps the reader to navigate to the part he or she is interested in.

3. Writing your guide

A good guide is simple, easy to read and not too long. This makes it a lot more comfortable for the reader to understand your point. Try to keep your text as short as possible but remember to mention everything you find relevant. Try to avoid repeating same points over and over again.

When you have finished with the guiding part, make a short summary of your guide to the beginning of your guide. By reading a summary the reader knows what to wait for and can know for sure that your guide is the one he or she is looking for.

4.Finishing touches

When you feel happy with what you have written, read your text to yourself and check for any possible grammatical errors. Also try to be as idiomatic as possible.

Next, write a title for your text. Keep it short but relevant to what you have written.

5.Tips

Do not get angry if someone doesn't like your guide. There is always a chance to modify your guide if you accidentally missed something or had something wrong.

Pictures and colors make your guide more demonstrative so using them is recommended. However, be careful not to overuse them for that will make your text look less reliable.

By following these steps your guide will be of top quality and more likely to gain lots of fame.

Secret revealed

10/10, it's a guide.

And it's not even against the rules: arbitrary theme and 100% of my work. Did they even mention that it should be about Warspear Online?

And it's not even against the rules: arbitrary theme and 100% of my work. Did they even mention that it should be about Warspear Online?

You're a genius. Scrap making a video guide, I'm making a guide how to play Dwarf Fortress.

Requirements:

Write down guide or renew already made one (only yours). Theme is an arbitrary. You can make an overview guide or specify it – PvP, PvE or character development.

I dont see anything like the topics that are mentioned in your guide.

And f-uck yeah... Why should it be obvious in the warspear forum, that they talking about a guide that is ment to be based in this game?

I dont see anything like the topics that are mentioned in your guide.

And f-uck yeah... Why should it be obvious in the warspear forum, that they talking about a guide that is ment to be based in this game?

I included a spoiler at the end of my "guide" so that even people who are unable to recognize sarcasm and irony would understand the point of this thread.

A thread just for the sake of sarcasm and irony?lol go login into game and spam world chat. ;D

How come you are so ignorant and didn't go to read that spoiler before posting geez. Took off the spoilers so that you actually read it.

As the smartest of you may have already guessed, this "guide" is just a placeholder for my upcoming guide. Stay tuned for the best guide you have ever read!

How come you are so ignorant and didn't go to read that spoiler before posting geez. Took off the spoilers so that you actually read it.

Since you don't seem to have understanding of sarcasm yourself let me be clear with you...All you did here was spamming by making this pointless thread.Let me tell you,I have been member of many different web forums and mods there do not let such things pass off so easily.After some warnings,such users are banned. :snorlax: Besides,its not like the forum is facing database memory crisis so that you needed to make a prior reservation. ;D

The Internet is not serious business. I believe in freedom of speech and am willing to use it to express myself through humor. That's how I am and if the stuff I write here doesn't please you, you are more than welcome to click away from this topic. Besides, this is just temporary; in few days it will be forever gone.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

this guide actually won , haha

Haha! Yeah, I'm laughing my ass off that I didn't even write a proper guide and still won something.

I still don't get why this guide won. Can someone explain? :wacko:

It's simply awesome.

I still don't get why this guide won. Can someone explain? :wacko:

for the recursion!

;D .