Countdown to Update - Analysis of Mage+Priest Skills

SNP

Mage

Fireball

Extra damage skill. Deal magic damage. Old

The Time Warp

Teleport skill which deal magic damage to all enemies in a small area. You can use this skill on 2 ways.

1. To escape (Good opportunity to kit)

2. To deal damage

Anyway, a good skill with 2 functions. :good:

Solar Armor

Shield skill. We know what it do. This skill only protect against magic attack.

Rock pieces

Like earthquake, but instead of stop enemies from moving, this skill do damage. Damage-earthquake? Yes, i think that like that

Illusory chains

This is earthquake with a other name!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mage is a magic class, which cant heal, but have 3 skills which do damage (2 of them is AoE), a Shield skill which protect against magic attack (6 of the 12 classes is magic classes, and DK have a skill which do magic damage, and Paladin have a skill which can do magic damage) and an earthquake skill.

This class is built to do damage, but this class uses staff and clothes. Clothes have bad physical def, but 6 classes use magic attack, so its not that bad. But staff. As my experience say, staffs have bad attack and is slow. But maybe we gonna see new staffs.

This class is like a boss 8)

Priest

Power Word

If enemys use a skill, he lose a significant of his mana. Not bad.

Sacred Shield

This skill absorb ANY DAMAGE, so this skill is amazing. The priest can use it on himself, and heal his partner at arena, while they both attack the same enemy. I think that this skill gonna be OP.

Truce

Another OP priest skill. When you have used this skill, you cant attack the target, but he/she cant attack you! And if you arenapartner attack the target while he/she is under Truce, your partner deal extra damage.

Tears of Harad

Extra damage skill. Deal magic damage. But there is more:

"If a priest or his allies in a group is attacked by other enemies, then they will have a chance to receive additional damage from Tears."

So if you (Or your allies in your group) is attacked by other enemies, they get extra damage. I dont know excatly how, but I think its gonna be like 1 of this 2 ways.

1. You deal more damage to other enemies.

2. They also get damage from Tears.

I guess its like the number 2.

Healing Touch

Instant heal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priest is a support class. 2 support skill (Instant heal and a shield which abosrb any damage), 1 skill that block a enemy from attack you, so you can continue support, a skill which do that enemy lose extra mana if he use skill (Enemy use no skill when he under Power Word, or he/she use skills, but lose extra mana) and an extra damage skill, which can do even more damage.

This class use clothes and staff (All magic classes do that), and this class would be great together with a paladin in arena.

Tomorrow I'm a new mage  :yahoo:

I think the skill points first go to Fireball. It is a damage-class so i want to improve the best damage-skill. The 2nd will be The Time Warp or Rock pieces. I first have to find out what's best :) Of course Illusory chains is very interesting too (like entangle of the druid) but later.

Ok mage, key word here is of course teleportation. I think teleport will be awesome! Perfect to ambush people in pvp and unleash great deals of dmg with mages all active dmg spells. Also teleport is great for a quick escape or a fast prisut. 2 questions - how far is teleports range? 5yds? And how much dmg will mage aoe spells actually do? My guess is that mage is going to be technical but very strong with the right partner and approch. Low hp without any heal is it only obvious weakness.

pve, is this the first class that can aoe grind mobs!?

priest, for arena I think the AVRAGE priest will just be annoying to kill with lower dmg and only truce as a 'hold' spell. And truce only forces the enemy to gang up on your partner which they might do anyway... BUT with that said I think you can make a really good pvp priest too and I would party him with another priest. So when 1 cast truce it disables 1 enemy from attacking any kind of priest. Which equales priests can fight 2v1 and one enemy cant do anything while truce is under effect... A pvp priest I think requires a stable partner but it could be very good :)

pve of course its as good heal supports going to get :P

ill make a priest, but with lack of time to play be more worried for my shaman cause thats still where most of my game time is going to be :D

tomorrows the day :)

How do u know?

Not really sure just prediction since necromancers in the cave north to elf caravans use facewrap which is light armour so one other class should use light armour other than dk !

Truce will be good for hunting too if not imune. if Truce is activated on boss and all 4 party members atk boss it will be lot of extra damage i think.

they dont have heal so i think they would be too easy targets for ranger blessing and so. Cloth is good idea  :) o if they will stick at cloth i  think shield will be very strong.

Ok mage, key word here is of course teleportation. I think teleport will be awesome! Perfect to ambush people in pvp and unleash great deals of dmg with mages all active dmg spells. Also teleport is great for a quick escape or a fast prisut. 2 questions - how far is teleports range? 5yds? And how much dmg will mage aoe spells actually do? My guess is that mage is going to be technical but very strong with the right partner and approch. Low hp without any heal is it only obvious weakness.

pve, is this the first class that can aoe grind mobs!?

Indeed. I see a lot of nice combinations :) Hit-and-run seems very interesting, but because of the lack of healing, running will not help a lot. Only for cooldown-time of the damage-skills. I think the combination, fireball - rocks - teleportation will be very effective. 3 damage-skills quick after each other. And if it's not enough... chain the opponent to the ground and walk away :P But the mage need a quick kill, because of the low health points and the cloth-armor.

Yeah, and don't forget the ranged classes; ranger, druid and shaman....

The mage will not be OP :) But i think a lot of fun!

it will be hard to run fast bcoz just 3 classes can cach u DK and Barb have Chasing skill  ;D

And thats why i will be DK:) See u soon on Forsaken lands of terror.

Not really sure just prediction since necromancers in the cave north to elf caravans use facewrap which is light armour so one other class should use light armour other than dk !

Dont trust in mobs :) Heres other things:

Paladin in BG Undeground use 1H, in paladin desciption there is not not written about that.

In1 town at Godgorrat, there is a archer.

Screenshots from V3.0 shows elfs with crossbows and 2H swords.

But i guess that since they have staffs, they use clothes.

dont forget. forsaken are elves on the dark side. i saw someone make a big deal when they saw screenshot preview of elf npc holding 2h sword. He could be dk