TOO MUCH FAVOR FOR AUTO-ATTACKS

Mhav

As we all know by now, there's too many stats that favor basic attacks, example is attack speed with only have counterpart of skill cooldown for magic users. 

Attack strength and Piercing stats  mostly benefits physical damagers while magic users especially staff users only rely on penetration. This is very unfair and I think we need a new stats that can enhance magic damage for staff users, so they not only rely on penetration. Here's an idea that you might want to consider.

Magic Strength = Increase skills damage by specified percentage. 
Magic Pierce = A chance to ignore enemies armor by specified percentage.  

You do know that piercing also works for magic right?

But it would be nice if magic skill damage would be available a bit more commonly besides just with merman set and some mage talents.

2 hours ago, Khrone said:

But only for auto-attacks

Yes but piercing for skills doesn't really make much sense and piercing is basically just pene with extra steps. Magic/Physical defense needs to be balanced instead of giving another stat. More physical defense to tone down the damage and reduce magic defense across the board on accessories to make magic dmg actually relevant besides warlocks with their mana scaling.

14 hours ago, Khrone said:

But only for auto-attacks

This exactly what I mean, physical damagers rely heavily on auto-attacks and they have 2 stats that can enhance their damage. While spell casters only rely on penetration. Why can't staff users have ignore def or increase damage buff on their skills? Piercing and Attack Strength is very op for auto attacks, I think its only fair if we have a stats with the same effects but for spells and skills. 

• Mhav changed the title to TOO MUCH FAVOR FOR AUTO-ATTACKS
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 6:36 AM, Mhav said:

Magic Strength = Increase skills damage by specified percentage. 
Magic Pierce = A chance to ignore enemies armor by specified percentage.

You want those stats on AoE damage skills and damage skills of classes that already deal too much damage and heal at the same time?

I guess it's possible but It's gonna be pretty tough to keep in balance.

The only classes that I can justify those stats on are Warlock and Mage, considering their roles, but then, just buff those two's damage if they are weak.