Mage vs Warlock 1v1 Debate

Skiney

Posts you opinions on why do you think Warlocks are better than Mages or Viceversa, I will join the debate after I see your opinions. ;)

Dark Circle > Fear > Kite the mage

Pretty much explains everything

Ok, today I was 1v1 pvping with a +8 Doom Warlock, my mage is a +5 Astrologer

I know that warlocks first resource is Dark Circle, and they never use the skill on them, so I TimeShifted on him by the time he was using his plash, I dodged both, before he used Fear on my, I already had Illusion Chained him, the rest was me using Meteors and Fireballs, he died with my cooled down Time Shift.

My hypothesis: Dodge tv Dark Circle and the Warlock is gone.

I dont understand why so many warlocks are complaining,

Yea they are now weaker vs healers.

but think about mage. they have always been at a disadvantage. now warlocks arent as OP as they used to be and many of them crying rivers all over forums.

Or get insta feared and get kited till he regains circle, that warlock just failed badly

I know but we all know that Warlocks will always aim for Dark Circle first, and a Mage always aim to Time Shift onto his opponent, If you Time Shift in the opponent before he manages to click you with the Fear skill, you will get enough time to chain them, having chaining them will give the mage an opportunity lower the warlock's hp to almost half, then them mage will have to dodge the floor skills until Time Shift cool down, I am very certain that if the warlock manage to trap you in the a dark Circle, half you the mage's HP is lone gone, but those skills are very easy for a mage to dodge. And as soon as Dark Circle's effect disappears Time Shift activates, getting you out of trouble for a while.

Whoever starts with Dark Circle should switch to Fear > Dark Circle half way of Fear, meh. Been playing mage too long now, even wrote a guide on it, and i do know how badly underatted and underpowered we are versus healers/CC classes

A good Warlock would use Fear first or use Dark Circle after the Mage has used his teleport, others would trick him into using teleport. Either way, there is always Fear. And if he were going to use Fear, he'd spam click on the Mage knowing he could Illusion chain.

If the Lock gets pressured, he can just put a Circle and Plash blocking the Mages way and disengaged, Mage has no stuns so he would have the upperhand.

So yea, Mage is pretty much dead.

The only thing a good Mage can do is try.

lol sory,i just read the last 2 posts of lex and jamie ♥♥♥♥♥ing about mages :snorlax:

but dont mages have 13% magic def with lvl5 shield? Sounds op with new magic def stacked

Regards

Same feeling here bro :)

Well, at lv5 it will increase magic def from 13.% to around 18.5%

the higher your magic def, the more it will increase by, but still depending on skill level

At 0% you gain 0% magic def

same with barkskin and earth protection skills