Forum spammer

boomboom

INTRO :(u dont have to read it)

i still dunno why my old thread contain the same suggestion got deleted, i tho my voice is taken into account, the problem was fixed, but spammers still atack so clearly its not fixed.

geez, okay i write again, but understand i dont like to write the same thing while the thing is not for my own good, but urs, it will have good impact to support ur business anyway, up to you if u decide to deleted the thread again. (without telling me why)

SUGGESTION :

Since there  is a frequent spammer attack on the forum, i suggest that everytime u post, you will be prompted to enter a shown codes.

if u think im advertise some service or forum tools, well no im not, i dont know how u do it, maybe buy software or tweak or anything, i dont know, its just suggestion

maybe simple accept forum rules?? before post...

don't use green colour.

Temporary silence on forum in case of:

Fake-style Green messages (Which are used only by Administration)

don't use green colour.

Where do you see forum rules?

don't use green colour.

Thanks Adrianz, i just change it :)

Sorry, I don't understand you clearly. We have some "angry" persons which use spam tools every night on forum but there is no way to block them without disturbing normal people. I prefer to remove all their messages with a single click instead of annoying you with CAPTCHA or answering boring questions.

Sorry, I don't understand you clearly. We have some "angry" persons which use spam tools every night on forum but there is no way to block them without disturbing normal people. I prefer to remove all their messages with a single click instead of annoying you with CAPTCHA or answering boring questions.

If you prefer to do so then that solve the problem much better than the one im suggesting  :drinks:

talking bout me ?

• 2 years later...

hey devs, I did a little research, and I found many possible solutions.

but pretty much, they all boil down to this:

Best bet: Upgrade to 2.0.6 (questions feature is built in) and add Stop Spammer and Bad behavior + HTTPBL.   I have not had a single successful spammer with those three methods (and no captcha at all)

I know this forum is already 2.0.6, but did you guys try those features?

also, since the bot always posts the same video, isnt it possible to ban that specific link (I doubt anyone else would post it at this point)

or maybe censor that specific video and set an auto ban for posting it? Is it possible?

I was Admin of my own forum in the past, it wasnt SMF, but it had similar options to those.