New war mechanics

Pillow

War used to be a bit more interesting ~5-6 years ago, when we had lower levels and players overall being on Irsenolt much more. Certain points were actually possible to defend at that time. Nowadays it's just an endless ls spam, pretty much the winner is the side who is willing to spend more. And additionally, it's almost guaranteed that whoever won the war will win the GvG on the following day.

Technically that isn't the real issue, but it's actually starting to become boring and repetitive. How do you feel about introducing a new twist, and adding some actual tactics?

Let's say we create a new map, just like for GvG's with 3-7 defense points(maybe make this dependant on server player count), and add some different *drawing* mechanics for leaders. Would be kinda cool to let's say vote for an alliance leader ~1h before war, and allow that person to draw on the map so every alliance player can see. In this case I'd also allow guild leaders/commanders to draw as well for their guild. 

We could also add buffs/debuffs to one side depending on how many players of certain levels are online.

Also, new map could have several paths with different environments, e.g. an underwater path, a sand path, the shortest path filled with debuffs and a safe but very long path(compared to others). Honestly, I really love that the game added stuff like sea/sand, imo this would also be a nice way to include it for everyone.

There's many things that could be added/removed/suggested here, but I don't feel like writing any more when knowing it might not be heard or even wanted, so this above pretty much sums it up.
P.S., I'm not really a forum person, it might take a while for me to check up on this, but I'm just leaving it out here since it'd be really nice for something to change.

P.P.S. I know ls brings revenue to the game, but some new (and hopefully a bit cheaper) items could be introduced here too.

• 1 month later...

I agree. Everything is better then actuslly war is. Boring by winning who use more life scrolls. Is so unfair. One year ago was nice when ppl making regroups in cave abd thsn attack. Now they use unity in shop and dead and use alot of life scrolls to win war :/

On 4/7/2024 at 11:10 PM, Pillow said:

Let's say we create a new map, just like for GvG's with 3-7 defense points(maybe make this dependant on server player count), and add some different *drawing* mechanics for leaders. Would be kinda cool to let's say vote for an alliance leader ~1h before war, and allow that person to draw on the map so every alliance player can see. In this case I'd also allow guild leaders/commanders to draw as well for their guild

This thing has some flows if 1 side has 1000 active players and the opposite side  has 400 active players . The more populated side will win this battle

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 3:34 PM, vegeta said:

This thing has some flows if 1 side has 1000 active players and the opposite side  has 400 active players . The more populated side will win this battle

We could also add buffs/debuffs to one side depending on how many players of certain levels are online.

It's hard to find good balance anywhere. This would definitely not work if the difference was let's say 100vs1000, but it would even out the field in a 400 v 1000 situation a bit.
It's not perfect I know, but nothing ever is. Additionally - I think this could be implemented in current war system as well, but a complete overhaul seems better to keep up with the game.