(UNIQUE) Skills Suggestions

Paladin seems at a very good place right now. In my opinion, the best way to describe Paladin is that it is the best class that is pretty good at everything, though not the best at one specific thing.

So, I do kind of struggle to think of new skills that would be fitting for Paladin.

Here is a couple of skills that I could come up with that offer new mechanics and concepts, lemme know what you think:

1. Harad's Spirit (Active/kinda passive?)

The Paladin periodically sacrifices a percentage of his HP to summon the Spirit of Harad into the battlefield. The Paladin will lose something like 5% every 5 seconds as long as the spirit is active. (Yeah yeah, another summon skill but this one is cooler)

Harad's spirit will assume different forms to serve the Paladin in different ways according to the weapon the paladin is using.

- Two-handed Hammer (Magic main stat) will summon a blue 'Spirit of Light' This spirit deals single target magical damage and heal party members with the lowest HP %. This spirit will have average HP/Def/Damage.

- Other two-handed weapons and Spear will summon a red 'Spirit of Vengeance' : This spirit deals areal physical damage and increases Penetration and Attack Speed of party members around it. This spirit will have low defense/HP but high damage.

- One-handed weapons + shield will summon a green 'Spirit of Protection' : This spirit deals single target physical damage and reduces damage received by party members around it. This spirit will have high defense/HP and low damage.

Commentary:

First ever skill that does not require mana! It will consume Paladin's HP over time instead.

I also personally like skills that do different things under different conditions, those types of skills enable some new and interesting dynamics in the game (This will be a theme in the following skills as well).

Now I can understand not wanting more annoying minion skills, but the premise of the skill stands, it could be the same buffs/effects without the minion aspect.

2. Chosen's Inspiration (Active)

Applies certain buffs to all members of the party according to the following: Increases Cooldown and Energy Regeneration values to classes whose magic power is higher than physical power. Increases damage from auto attacks (Attack Strength parameter) and damage skills for classes whose physical power is higher. Also increases movement speed to characters of the Chosen faction in the party.

Commentary:

This skill would add value in having Paladins in parties whether in guild wars, dungeons, crowd fights, or raid bosses. I like the idea of having Paladins in your party to unlock the full benefit of the paladin as long as it is worth it for the party.

3. Divine Intervention (Active)

Paladin stays in place for some time and calls down Harad's powers to the area around the Paladin, which will have the following effects.

Effect on players (PvP) :

This will cause periodic magical damage to enemies of the Forsaken faction, and weaken the attack and the defense of enemies of the Mountain Clan faction. Additionally, it will cleanse a certain amount of debuffs from allies of the Chosen faction, and heal allies of the Firstborn faction.

Effect on monsters (PvE) :

Deals direct magical damage to monsters of the normal class

Deals periodic magical damage to monsters of the strong class

Decreases defense of monsters of the elite class

Decreases damage and increases damage from critical hits to mini-bosses and raid bosses

Commentary:

Something like that, I don't know, I'm just spitballing ideas here.

I feel like faction-based skills are very interesting, it is kind of a shame that factions don't get any importance besides the measly little passive aura. To be fair, a skill like that had been tried with Illumination, where it dealt damage only to the Forsaken. The problem however, it did nothing to anyone else. I think it would be better if skills did different things according to factions rather than no effect at all to other factions.

Edited by Gladiator

On 8/2/2022 at 2:56 PM, Gladiator said:

1. Harad's Spirit (Active/kinda passive?)

The Paladin periodically sacrifices a percentage of his HP to summon the Spirit of Harad into the battlefield. The Paladin will lose something like 5% every 5 seconds as long as the spirit is active. (Yeah yeah, another summon skill but this one is cooler)

Harad's spirit will assume different forms to serve the Paladin in different ways according to the weapon the paladin is using.

- Two-handed Hammer (Magic main stat) will summon a blue 'Spirit of Light' This spirit deals single target magical damage and heal party members with the lowest HP %. This spirit will have average HP/Def/Damage.

- Other two-handed weapons and Spear will summon a red 'Spirit of Vengeance' : This spirit deals areal physical damage and increases Penetration and Attack Speed of party members around it. This spirit will have low defense/HP but high damage.

- One-handed weapons + shield will summon a green 'Spirit of Protection' : This spirit deals single target physical damage and reduces damage received by party members around it. This spirit will have high defense/HP and low damage.

Commentary:

First ever skill that does not require mana! It will consume Paladin's HP over time instead.

I also personally like skills that do different things under different conditions, those types of skills enable some new and interesting dynamics in the game (This will be a theme in the following skills as well).

Now I can understand not wanting more annoying minion skills, but the premise of the skill stands, it could be the same buffs/effects without the minion aspect.

The idea is good, but 5% hp every 5 sec  is too much. 

Maybe if  lose a percentage of his health ( uhm 20% +5% on each level) at least until the minion disappears. 

Personally, I feel that the paladin is still very weak in terms of defense, even though it has shield, light defense, and inner forces, I guess to be a tank that is respected it needs, Support of stats such as, parry, dodge and block, the problem is that to have these acceptable stats other attributes are lost, in addition to the fact that they work very rarely, (maybe only block works) 

I suggest, that at least to have support from the parry, (like the bd that has a skill that increases the parry and the only one that uses parry as advantage) With some defensive effect such as reducing the next autoattack every time parry works. Or something like that.  It would work very well when tanking several enemies as in technopolis

ehh bro, i like a few the ideas that you give, but really bro?, this suggestion is broken... look, the idea of the minion is a bit good, but giving buffs? paladin already very good, you want a skill for pve, and, paladin i see like a character support, more than tank, so, you want it become more buffer? and the idea of factions i dont think that it is good. Imagine that i say that charmer that can get a new skill that makes dogs heal character with each autoattack and attack, and if have bird, bird gives you and shield, so is unfair lol.

But really make a good suggestion and I appreciate your ideas :interesting:

15 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

The idea is good, but 5% hp every 5 sec  is too much. 

Maybe if  lose a percentage of his health ( uhm 20% +5% on each level) at least until the minion disappears. 

Personally, I feel that the paladin is still very weak in terms of defense, even though it has shield, light defense, and inner forces, I guess to be a tank that is respected it needs, Support of stats such as, parry, dodge and block, the problem is that to have these acceptable stats other attributes are lost, in addition to the fact that they work very rarely, (maybe only block works) 

I suggest, that at least to have support from the parry, (like the bd that has a skill that increases the parry and the only one that uses parry as advantage) With some defensive effect such as reducing the next autoattack every time parry works. Or something like that.  It would work very well when tanking several enemies as in technopolis

I think you can definitely build a Paladin to tank as good as a Warden, the secret is 1-handed magic maces. You can easily get 20%+ block and parry, then you just build up 7-8k HP and you can pretty much tank anything even without mermen gear. Even if your damage will suck, you would still be more useful than a warden.

13 hours ago, Zedeght said:

ehh bro, i like a few the ideas that you give, but really bro?, this suggestion is broken... look, the idea of the minion is a bit good, but giving buffs? paladin already very good, you want a skill for pve, and, paladin i see like a character support, more than tank, so, you want it become more buffer? and the idea of factions i dont think that it is good. Imagine that i say that charmer that can get a new skill that makes dogs heal character with each autoattack and attack, and if have bird, bird gives you and shield, so is unfair lol.

But really make a good suggestion and I appreciate your ideas :interesting:

I mean healing a character every auto hit from dogs is not the same as a minion that uses a buff skill will a certain cooldown, just like the birds but instead of healing, it would be something else.

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I think you can definitely build a Paladin to tank as good as a Warden, the secret is 1-handed magic maces. You can easily get 20%+ block and parry, then you just build up 7-8k HP and you can pretty much tank anything even without mermen gear. Even if your damage will suck, you would still be more useful than a warden.

I mean healing a character every auto hit from dogs is not the same as a minion that uses a buff skill will a certain cooldown, just like the birds but instead of healing, it would be something else.

yes bro, but paladin is a character that makes a lot of support, if want minion skill, so make it become alone for you, not for all party, in arena paladin already is broken with shields and heals