The Red

Red, scattered upon the rustling grass, a trail of blood. Scarred, thrashed, clawed and bitten, he rested motionless below some brush by a tired old ash covered tree. The fumes and heat of nadir were strong to his beaten body, even on the outskirts of the cursed land. Hardly able to move he tossed his sword beside him and laid the bloodstained metal to rest, motionless as he is. The breath from his lungs, warm, but growing colder with each gasp for life, the only relief was the dark ash clouds blocking most of the sun’s rays here and there. It was only mid-day but the closer you get to nadir the darker it becomes, no telling if its night or day there.

His eyes opened partly and he gazed at the pointed eared body laying still a few feet away from him, then to the wolf he had slayed beforehand.

“The bastard,” he murmured, grunting out to the dead elf as his wounds bled. He reached a hand to the wolf’s fur and brushed the soft pelt upon the animal, feeling only a profound respect to the creature, giving his due to earth. Only trying to take what was needed to carry on living.

He chuckled at the thought of his clan members telling him constantly that if he keeps bringing in wolf pelts for sale and trade, eventually he will end up dead. Never did he think this would ever be the cause of his death, didn’t help when an elf druid lurking and watching in the shadows, blasted him with magic while in mid battle with the creature, he made sure the elf paid with his life.  His lips smiled and slowly faded as he was suddenly hit with a longing for rest. His breathes stopped and his chest paused from moving as the profound beating ceased. Upon his eyes they remained partly opened but glazed over gold, his eye color changed, still starring out into the world. The breeze and warm air lifting and blowing against him, his nose unable to take in the scents, he was too tired to even try. He was happy, a barbarian of his status can only find happiness and glory in battle; nothing made that sensation possible but the bloodlust and fiery rage.

Night fell upon Iselnort, a cold breeze blew in from the north covering the wooded area. The moon blazed past the ash clouds of nadir and shimmered down onto the earth, the grass and trees dancing in the glazed moonlight. All was clear and silent as the world lay to rest….so it seemed.

A screeching and terrifying howl broke the silence and shattered the peaceful night as loud crashing and blunted thumps of trees falling could be heard from within the depths. Piercing of claws and snarling of teeth filled the air with fright as the loud pants of a heavy chest grew. Black dark fur shined with the moonlight as another clashing howl bursts into the air.

In the darkness of the night the only thing you could see of the monster within…

Were the gold glazed covered eyes staring back.

[/font]

Sorry the story posted twice on one post. It begins with the word Red and ends with "were the gold glazed covered eyes" I hope it meets the requirements, wasnt sure is the term any character meant all chars in games or just mobs but anyways enjoy.

Sorry the story posted twice on one post. It begins with the word Red and ends with "were the gold glazed covered eyes" I hope it meets the requirements, wasnt sure is the term any character meant all chars in games or just mobs but anyways enjoy.

if u use p.c try click modify in ur 1st post.

Your story monster is a wolf right? This story made my blood thirsty for elf ears again xd

Nice story Fox, best of luck!

Ya was pointed at the elf and the barbs bloodlust, so in the end the barbs soul is reincarnated into sort of a werewolf. Now's he's the monster due to his eagerness in battle. Just a story that makes u think lol

Just to warn you, you won`t be picked as a finalist if you stay to this story.

Try changing it trough the eyes of the wolf and not a Mc vs elf.

No no lol the story was to make the reader think about it. Kinda like in there own imagination of what happened, like leaving it to the reader. For me its that the barb was reincarnated to be a wolf but with his own thoughts of who he used to be, so now u will go on warspear and think about this story every time u see a wolf lmao

Reminds me of your epic quote "Taste my spadone!" Still think about it when I see you xD

Anyway, nice story sure is intresting!

• 2 weeks later...