Offense or Defence ?

Kegematsu

Since DK has can weild the most powerful and most expensive weapon in whole Arinar ;D the "Spear" ;D

and also the DK can wear both leather and heavy armor ;D

what u gonna do with your DK ? :unknw:

Build it offensive ? (spear wield, leather armor user, exhal and thorn became main skill)

or Build it defensive ? (sword+shield wield, heavy armor user, dark shield and threads became main skill)

share your opinion here ;D

I prefer arena tank - shield/sword, but pay alot of attention to your stats and find a balance that offers high def mechanics, but also high crit rate. A good arena week I have around 60/77 all random partners. Great against melee classes and rangers, weaker against healers. Expensive to push up all armors with amps though.

Im trying to get a second armor set for a 2h sword DK with leather but I havent gotten to try anything yet. Id prefer 2h sword over spear.

i guess it depend on situation :unknwn:

for arena it should be defensive but for hunting it should be offensive

I prefer arena tank - shield/sword, but pay alot of attention to your stats and find a balance that offers high def mechanics, but also high crit rate. A good arena week I have around 60/77 all random partners. Great against melee classes and rangers, weaker against healers. Expensive to push up all armors with amps though.

Im trying to get a second armor set for a 2h sword DK with leather but I havent gotten to try anything yet. Id prefer 2h sword over spear.

2h swrd has a armor penetration bonus, yes it helpful... but think about the exhal skill, spear should do it nicely... and also the 2h swrd and spear has only 0.2 attack speed difference... i guess extra dark power bonus v.s armor penetrate doesn't  really worth since u can finish ur enemy quicly with the powered exhal plus u can stun your enemy for a few sec, that will give a little advantage for your partner to give an extra damage during the stun effect...

exhal>>>>threads>>>>thorn is a good combo combination

after the threads effect u can blow a powerful thorn damage.

and for your information threads has a stun ability too (it not written on skill description, so try it yourself) ... it give around 0.5-0.7 sec stun time (real small but helpful) the bad thing for threads is slow cooldown time, 30 sec :facepalm: so better use it wisely

i guess 2h sword just perfect for monster hunting, since it has an armor penetration bonus, so u dont need to worry about wasting your mp to blow a powerful strike bcz every single swing is a powerful strike ;D

so my point is: spear for arena and 2h sword is for hunting ;D

any better idea ? :)

2 reasons why I prefer 2h sword over spear.

- 2h sword doubles alot better with def skill builds then spear.

*exhal is only worth raising for a full burst spear build*

- 2h sword has alot more items the choose from compared to spears.

*to stack as much dark magic onto your gear as possible, leaves you with few items to pick from*

my reasoning for 2h sword

I m using Glaive + lvl 18 heavy armor.

But I will try to get lvl 18  leather armor soon, and try with Glaive Too.

Right Now its hard pvp with bd 's Even if high attack.

I'll Check leather armor and Ill see what happens In PVP vs bd.

Because the majority of the population playing have the miss conception that spear and burst dmg is all that counts. And yes its not bad, but thats not all that counts. Dont think market can give you the aswers cause 90% of the players selling spears havent even played DK. I can only agree that lv13 spear might be best cause by then all other classes (healers and mages in general) are two weak to take more then one burst + 1 basic hit. Later game its not that easy.

One of my better damages delt in a 2v2 arena. Me 1h/shield. Asuri ranked top 10 in total ranking in lv18 division. Agility and speed can easily win over hard hitting spears if you play smart and on your strengths. Beat him 1v1 twice and both times i made him miss stuns cause i provoked his slow spear and used my speed to dodge it and then double back with my stun loaded :)

Spear isnt always the way

Опубликованное фото

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I Just see people every where saying that spear sucks.

Yes , spear is slow.

And Yes using dark magic gears (As i use to do ) your stast % are lesser than a No  dark magic Dk.

But Even if use dark magic gear , plus spear , I can win vs good Dks as mecha is, and his stast are better of mine.

And about legi , is Not hard to beat if you are a Dk with all +10like him.

Just imagine a spear +10 , Maybe using it with mix rogue set 18 (I wanna try it for sure )...think about attack , about crit hit...Just , deadly..

One of my better damages delt in a 2v2 arena. Me 1h/shield. Asuri ranked top 10 in total ranking in lv18 division. Agility and speed can easily win over hard hitting spears if you play smart and on your strengths. Beat him 1v1 twice and both times i made him miss stuns cause i provoked his slow spear and used my speed to dodge it and then double back with my stun loaded :)

Spear isnt always the way

Опубликованное фото

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I beated Asuri 1 on 1 using my lv17 DK with Smoking spear.

It was a fair 1 on 1 though I think he was lagging or something cause I managed to kite 2 of his exhalations easily.

Spear DK's weakness is simply fast enemies, they can stop them from using exhalation with Taunting, stunning or running.

Though I won with roughly around 200 hp since his Thorns critted me 750+ and got 1 exhalation on me.

Spear DK's is mostly about timing Exhalation especially with Threads, always be sure to normal attack before you use Thorns or else your Exhalation would be delayed and most likely go off.

lol see Bloody screenshot when arena end, you can notice Asuri write fast at trade chat for buy signs like cant belive 1 handed DK owned him hard PvP :lol:

hm.. I love my shield set. high chance to negate damage.

but I have low power. I lose vs healers because I cant out-damage their heal.

sometimes I end up vs 2 druids and it takes them forever to kill me, but I cant kill them because my dmg is too low.

with my spear set, I have about 16% atk.spd, 20%+ with scroll.

Yea, low crit/dark dmg and no pene, but I swing that spear fast.

just need higher amp and higher lv spear so I can stand a chance vs op dks :lol:

hm.. I love my shield set. high chance to negate damage.

but I have low power. I lose vs healers because I cant out-damage their heal.

sometimes I end up vs 2 druids and it takes them forever to kill me, but I cant kill them because my dmg is too low.

with my spear set, I have about 16% atk.spd, 20%+ with scroll.

Yea, low crit/dark dmg and no pene, but I swing that spear fast.

just need higher amp and higher lv spear so I can stand a chance vs op dks :lol:

You did a great pvp with Me yesterday.Even dodge 3x attacks since !!Thats So good !!

lol U killed me and still had over half hp left

the other day, at arena, using my shaman, I dodged Yunzhii like 5x in a row. Normal, bolt, normal, quake, normal, all dodge :lol:

:dirol: U have to admit that spear is better then 2 hand sword.....For DK

:blush: cheers  :drinks:

obviously you never faught frostblade then. 2h sword can be potent as fudge :o

and sorry if I made it sound like spear is useless its most definatly not. Im just trying to argue for its weakness that its not the only choice at high levels, cause alot of people think anything thats not spear sucks. Also this picture was a perfect example that 1h can do great damage results also something most people find impossible to believe.

;D Im not sure too bro

I NEVER ACTUALLY PLAY A DK

I just said coz spear is more expensive then blade

Why GM sell spear more expensive if its not strong :rofl:

Spears can be strong yes. But its not the only good choice, all 3 weapon classes for DK can be very strong if you build gear and skills right. Its a miss conception that only spear is good on DK.

Well...

HEAVY ARMOR.

heavy armor and shield+1h sword = defense builder (defense builder)

+ = massive defense, high dps, high stat

- = low damage, low exhal strike

heavy armor and 2h sword = balance (good between defense and attack)

+ = high damage, armor penetrate

- = low dps, low exhal strike, mid defense

heavy armor and spear = balance.

+ = massive exhal attack, high damage

- = lesser stat, very low dps, mid defense

LEATHER ARMOR.

leather armor and shield+1h sword = dps builder (high dps stat)

+ = massive dps, good crit attack chance, high stat, high exhal crit chance

- = low attack, mid defense, low exhal strike

leather armor and 2h sword = attack builder (good stat on attacking)

+ = high attack, high crit attack chance, armor penetrate, high exhal crit chance

- = low defense, low-mid dps, low exhal strike

leather armor and speaar ! = massive attack builder (major stat on attacking !)

+ = high attack, massive crit attack chance, massive exhal attack crit chance, massive exhal attack !

- = low defense, low dps, lesser stat

thats just my opinion... lol

good. except, it depends on which armors are used

for example, regardless of heavy or light:

arena set = high resi, hp, critical

cc set = good balance of crit, mana, hp and dodge

killing whisper items = good dodge, pene, crit and accu

I recommend choose items for which stats they have rather than highest lvl as first priority

for example, I use a lv13 armor on my shield set  :shok:

Hey I love that firm mail mecha, it is the best tank armor ingame. It doesnt matter that its level 13. My DK use items from all main item-platues, except lv16. I got use lv13, lv15, lv17, lv18 and thats just as I want it,they are all put together to make a very nice balance. And I only use one set for both PvP and PvE.

kegematsu thats a good general rule pros and cons you got, and its good that you seperate dmg and dps, both types of dmg are very diffrent. As said 1h got high dps and stable dmg (it has a more even dps that it not as uneven depending on crits delt). Alot of people would use 2h hoping for a heavy crit or two to take down healers 1v1. Though infact 1h constant dps that strikes fast seem to be just as hard for healers. In the beginning I never thought I could kill healers 1v1 in arena, but I can kill lv18 priests and druids 1v1 even with 1h/shield, sooner or later they cant run anymore and their dmg on me barely leaves a mark.  :spiteful:  (important though that you dont waste your threads, you need to use it in the right time, when you need those extra 3-4 hits to kill him/her before she gets to heal up again.)

oh and two things that kinda off topic. Dont forget that when you block/dodge/parry damage you also remove the movement stop that accourse with all dmg process. So this makes tanks in alot higher rates to move faster towards/after ranged opponents then other classes.

and never forget to use 'provoke' you haft to master this skill if your 1 of 4 mail classes. It can make huge diffrences in stoping movement, dmg and more. Ive manage to kill people leaving them with dealing 0 dmg in arena and all I have is DK short stun andd provoke.

• 2 weeks later...

;D Im not sure too bro

I NEVER ACTUALLY PLAY A DK

I just said coz spear is more expensive then blade

Why GM sell spear more expensive if its not strong :rofl:

If u see sword+shield price, itll be like spear price,.maybe more

If u see sword+shield price, itll be like spear price,.maybe more

Not agree with this....

I dont know why Many people say shield built is strong...(Note: Dont be mad coz it just my opinion)

Think about A DK using 1 sword but high def vs A BD using 2 sword

Wtf its really has low damage

Unless The sword have dark magic like novice set of DK I agree

But 1 sword Are U kidding??? :wacko:

Think about acute flameberg +10 dmg only 261

Even a barb have 1h axe + shield Well high attack then sword still Lose to Most elf

This is just my opinion if U dont agree is ok.... :yahoo:

Not agree with this....

I dont know why Many people say shield built is strong...(Note: Dont be mad coz it just my opinion)

Think about A DK using 1 sword but high def vs A BD using 2 sword

Wtf its really has low damage

Unless The sword have dark magic like novice set of DK I agree

But 1 sword Are U kidding??? :wacko:

Think about acute flameberg +10 dmg only 261

Even a barb have 1h axe + shield Well high attack then sword still Lose to Most elf

This is just my opinion if U dont agree is ok.... :yahoo:

From what i hear spear DKs have it harder with BDs. Personally i rarely ever lose to BDs, to block or parry a hamstring is all you need and that itself increase my dps (from not being disabled) and it blocks of 500 or so dmg from DoT. 1h dmg is not better or worse then anyone else, in the end dps is fairly similar, since my swords swing rate is 1.8sec. Burst and dps are two diffrent damage aspects, and dont forget how much dmg parry and block can cancel out.

Shield is the arch enemy of the ranger, no other classes can kill rangers as easy as shield wielders, today i was left 1v1 against a ranger, when i killed him, he'd only done 500dmg on me (we both had 100% hp). Sure sometimes you have poor luck and dont get blocks and such to trigger, but when they do, youll see the diffrence.